You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2012
    She's just a woman in a cupboard... lazy I'd say
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Sigh at cricket getting a bigger section than poker. Get your priorities straight or go to a cricket forum OK?
    Posted by percival09
    Easy Percy,

He's clearly highlighted and seperated the cricket bit in his posts, just ignore it if you don't like it.

• edited October 2012
    dw about Perc he's just frustrated as he doesn't even know the rules. 

Not as bad as Lambert though, mentioned I was watching the end of the Ryder Cup on Sunday night, that the score was 13-13 up to 14....

"omg they play 18 holes 26 times how long does it go on for?????"

"No Paul, it's a team comp, 12 on each team"

"Oh. Are England winning then?"

"sigh. stfu tell me how nl8 is going instead"  ;)

Lambertisms?

Poker?...

urmmmmm, check this hand out.

They don't even have a poker clinic on their site, how tf do they know???

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Easy Percy, He's clearly highlighted and seperated the cricket bit in his posts, just ignore it if you don't like it.
    Posted by JingleMa
    lol it was a joke. 
  • edited October 2012
    dw about Perc he's just frustrated as he doesn't even know the rules.  Not as bad as Lambert though, mentioned I was watching the end of the Ryder Cup on Sunday night, that the score was 13-13 up to 14.... "omg they play 18 holes 26 times how long does it go on for?????" "No Paul, it's a team comp, 12 on each team" "Oh. Are England winning then?" "sigh. stfu tell me how nl8 is going instead"  ;) Lambertisms? Poker?... urmmmmm, check this hand out. http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/788903_7A357C9E5C They don't even have a poker clinic on their site, how tf do they know???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hey, I'm competent with my cricket actually. I used to play!! 

LOL @ that hand. Stars players obv use Sky's clinic. 
  • edited October 2012
    Well I was right abit, but wrong abit!

No 30nl running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3 standard tables, a waiting list, and trying to start a new one myself!

only 4 normal games going :(
  • edited October 2012
    dw about Perc he's just frustrated as he doesn't even know the rules.  Not as bad as Lambert though, mentioned I was watching the end of the Ryder Cup on Sunday night, that the score was 13-13 up to 14.... "omg they play 18 holes 26 times how long does it go on for?????" "No Paul, it's a team comp, 12 on each team" "Oh. Are England winning then?" "sigh. stfu tell me how nl8 is going instead"  ;) Lambertisms? Poker?... urmmmmm, check this hand out. http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/788903_7A357C9E5C They don't even have a poker clinic on their site, how tf do they know???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol - classic - sounds like a donism
  • edited October 2012
    Still reckon PAK will win! Kerching! 
    Also, if no tables running can you not move up or down? ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : lol it was a joke. 
    Posted by percival09
    Cool, no probs.
  • edited October 2012
    Super Smashing Great start to October :)

I never update at night. But I rly want to carry on playing & drinking but I'll regret a) the losses and b) the hangover.

The most successful (exclusively) cash session since moving back to the cash grind tonight :) Still not huge, but getting there!

6 tables for 4 hours, +6.5 buy ins.

I need to start managing my drinking hours better, it felt so wrong logging off 20 mins ago with big stacks and soft tables, but I knew it was the right thing to do. It's a tough balancing act! sleep/drink/grind. 

Month totals
    +6.5 Buy ins
    393 Poker points

Does anyone know....

If I played HU v sum1 @ 30nl on a HU table and a 6max table, wud we earn the same points and pay the same rake on both?

Is there more/less points or more/less rake on the HU one or the 6max one?

Played a new reg HU alot tonight trying to get games going, I know he's after points so might suggest a some HU sessions, May benefit his points mission with the early bird thing................
  • edited October 2012
    If I played HU v sum1 @ 30nl on a HU table and a 6max table, wud we earn the same points and pay the same rake on both? Is there more/less points or more/less rake on the HU one or the 6max one? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I've looked on the site and still can't find an answer to this, can anyone help me out?

Poker day again today. It's feels like ages since I last played on a Thursday. It's my fave 8pm tonight, turbo bounty hunter. Will be having a go at qualifying as I'm too tight to buy in. Anyone want 50%? lol. 

--------------------

I've had the news on all morning today, hoping for some updates on this young lass in Wales. I NEVER watch the news (other than SSportsN obv). When I do tho I just get addicted and have it on non-stop. Like when the riots were kicking off, and the Raul Moat thing ages ago. 

I don't get how they can have that guy arrested for so long and not have got anywhere. He must be the best liar in the World, or innocent????

It's nerve wracking following on TV, God knows what it's like for the girls family. Thoughts with them!

-----------------------

No idea what todays poker plan is. Prob start with the afternoon league again, I'm due to make the first break today surely!!!!

Then some main sats or something, and some cash tonight maybe idk.

Good luck if you're playing today, but more importantly lets hope police and volunteers run good in Wales today and find that girl sooner rather than later! :)

• edited October 2012

+1 to those comments on the young girl, April.

Sky News & BBC News are running stuff almost on a loop, with little "hard" news or fresh news, but it's totally compulsive viewing.

Yesterday, two stories dominated - the funeral of the lady Police Officer who was murdered in Manchester, & the April search. Today, the funeral of the other Police Officer who was murdered, & the April search continues. 

All so sad.   

• edited October 2012
    Super Smashing Great start to October :) I never update at night. But I rly want to carry on playing & drinking but I'll regret a) the losses and b) the hangover. The most successful (exclusively) cash session since moving back to the cash grind tonight :) Still not huge, but getting there! 6 tables for 4 hours, +6.5 buy ins. I need to start managing my drinking hours better, it felt so wrong logging off 20 mins ago with big stacks and soft tables, but I knew it was the right thing to do. It's a tough balancing act! sleep/drink/grind.  Month totals +6.5 Buy ins 393 Poker points http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5vZb918bqA Does anyone know.... If I played HU v sum1 @ 30nl on a HU table and a 6max table, wud we earn the same points and pay the same rake on both? Is there more/less points or more/less rake on the HU one or the 6max one? Played a new reg HU alot tonight trying to get games going, I know he's after points so might suggest a some HU sessions, May benefit his points mission with the early bird thing................
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i believe the points earned per 20 hands is the same bbut if you do it on a 6 max table you would qualify for the early bird boost. as for rake i think its the same on both tables but capped at less than you would pay if there was a table full. i could be wrong on both counts tho so you would need more confirmation
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : i believe the points earned per 20 hands is the same bbut if you do it on a 6 max table you would qualify for the early bird boost. as for rake i think its the same on both tables but capped at less than you would pay if there was a table full. i could be wrong on both counts tho so you would need more confirmation
    Posted by TINTIN
    Cheerz TT, this is what I thought after looking round the site for info.

The next question is, what exactly is the early bird boost?? I couldn't find any specific info on this......

Play short-handed yea and get a points boost, what is the boost? 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Cheerz TT, this is what I thought after looking round the site for info. The next question is, what exactly is the early bird boost?? I couldn't find any specific info on this...... Play short-handed yea and get a points boost, what is the boost? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Does this not explain it? HERE
  • edited October 2012
    T's & C's

Early Bird boosts give 50% boost on poker points for players who are sat on a short-handed six-max table will now earn an additional 50% on their Poker Points, meaning a bigger Cash for Points payout for the month.

During Happy Hours, only one 50% boost promotion will only apply once and the promotions will not be combined to create a 100% boost - Cash tables on Sky Poker are available to over 18's only
  • edited October 2012
    ty both. Seems it's best to play HU on a ring table then, if you can!?

Still following this search, it's looking grim now, hate the focus on the river :(

Can you imagine being 1 of the divers searching the river, looking for something you don't want to find! weird!!!!

• edited October 2012

Mid session post can only mean I'm tilted.

Just bubbled this from having the chip lead 4 handed.......

kmg300001£50
    scoopert1402£30
    mini198903£20
    DOHHHHHHH04

And this, from having 40k and the chip lead w/7 left. Bluff went wrong then jammed A9 < K7 on the stone bubble.....

twistedole101750  
    IDONKCALLU26680  
    SHANKS47424275  
    maleangel815295  
    skicowboys05£36
    DOHHHHHHH06

Dunno what to do now. Pretty annoyed. 

Gonna happen playing ftw in mtts tho. wish sky wud sort antes out tho ffs. terrible players sitting there doing nothing to get the cash.

Antes = better structures.

Oh well, I dunno now. Can't play cash for at least an hour. 

Made it through the 8pm sat, obv took the money so few quid up fo'day!  Might play cash later.

ksuhfvukehrguivqegvylervgqerukfhfweuhhe etc 

*edit meh cba. found 3 quid under the settee gonna add it to the days winnings and get a chinese! :) Shud be rate for a big all dayer on Saturday! 

GL all grinding t'neet!
  • edited October 2012
    m8 u know what im gonna say u had 40 k tighten the f000k up top 3 was guarenteed why tangle with another big stack but give u cred go ftw :) but if u want top 3 it was there for ya 
  • edited October 2012
    shhhh donk! :P

Forgot I'd entered this speed. 

Maybe eating and playing is the way forward.

dirtharry69733.60  wuzletooth28266.40  DOHHHHHHH03£27.60

ATs < A9o for the chip lead 3 handed. yawwwwn. 

Makes it a +1 buy in day tho. 

Dynamo on celeb juice & zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

• edited October 2012

Just wanna round up last session before starting an all dayer today.

Seems I just posted loads of moans.

Few bubbles, £33 sat win and a min cash made for a +1 buy in day.

Got 1 buy in rakeback yesterday which ofc goes into this months profit.

So starting today with monthly totals of....

Month totals
    +8.5 Buy ins
    373 Poker points

Wtf???? My poker points total has gone down 20 points????? From 393 to 373?

How does that work then?

Oh well.

Gonna watch the footy this afternoon, and then grind cash tonight. 

The 4 timer is Everton, Leeds, Chelsea, QPR, pays 20/1

Good luck all playing today.

• edited October 2012
    Just wanna round up last session before starting an all dayer today. Seems I just posted loads of moans. Few bubbles, £33 sat win and a min cash made for a +1 buy in day. Got 1 buy in rakeback yesterday which ofc goes into this months profit. So starting today with monthly totals of.... Month totals +8.5 Buy ins 373 Poker points Wtf???? My poker points total has gone down 20 points????? From 393 to 373? How does that work then? Oh well. Gonna watch the footy this afternoon, and then grind cash tonight.  The 4 timer is Everton, Leeds, Chelsea, QPR, pays 20/1 Good luck all playing today.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    QPhahahaha, where did that selection come from. I know its easy to be wise after the event but West Brom are having their best season in ages and QPR are a shoe in for relegation!  
  • edited October 2012

Comical hand.

Spose he was PolarBearised.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    spoony21 Small blind  150.00 150.00 1180.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  300.00 450.00 2040.00
      Your hole cards

jod67 Call  300.00 750.00 2980.00
    cudahy Fold     
    spoony21 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Flop

• K
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    jod67 Check     
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  435.00 1185.00 1605.00
    jod67 Call  435.00 1620.00 2545.00
    River

DOHHHHHHH All-in  1605.00 3225.00 0.00
    jod67 All-in  2545.00 5770.00 0.00
    jod67 Unmatched bet  940.00 4830.00 940.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show

jod67 Show
    • K
    • K

jod67 Win Four Kings 4830.00  5770.00
  • edited October 2012
    Comical hand. Spose he was PolarBearised. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    WOuld be curious to learn more about this hand. e.g. What tourney? Numbers, where you were, reads? etc.  Just to put it in context.  Learning FTW!  Also,  when you post results you say + xBI's.  What is a BI?  I think it's £30 but not sure? 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : WOuld be curious to learn more about this hand. e.g. What tourney? Numbers, where you were, reads? etc.  Just to put it in context.  Learning FTW!  Also,  when you post results you say + xBI's.  What is a BI?  I think it's £30 but not sure? 
    Posted by Glenelg
    6-15 on here, £5.50, 50 gtd. think about 14 runners, FT bubble, so 7 left, 3 paid, 35ish ftw.

Just didn't think he had anything. Don't think I can stab turn and give up river with my stack. Can have draws on the turn that he will fold on't river.

Prob shud have just checked it down tho.

Yes, 30nl is my cash level, so 30 beans = a bin!  

• edited October 2012

I've just put todays bet on which has reminded me to update this :)

Yesterday didn't go to plan at all. 

Couldn't get myself up for a grind. About 7pm I started @ 20nl because I felt abit weird/unfocussed and thought there was a good chance of me starting bad and dropping a few buy ins early.

Didn't work that way, 7 tabled for about 40 mins and won a 'buy in'.

Still wasn't feeling it though. I couldn't play many hands as there were so many short stackers. Normal button/cut off spots that I'd open instantly I had to fold because of shorties in the blinds or a shorty limping in early position.

Got mega bored so came off for half an hour then started on 30nl.

6 tabled for about 90 minutes this time. 

My first button on table 1, I 3b a cut off open with Queens and the guy 4bet shipped a full stack.

Took me abit by surprise but ofc I had to call. 

He had the 1 hand he could reasonably have that I dominate, jacks. and I hold. 

Unfortunately after that it was really slow going. I got v bored again, and was feeling tired and uninspired, playing passive/loose/bad and just sitting on my stacks.

This hand below is a good example. 
    Donttelmum Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.10
    SJspanky1 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £57.48
     Your hole cards
    • A

hipshooter Raise  £0.60 £1.05 £47.72
    alias79 Fold     
    rikclutts Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.60 £1.65 £29.92
    Donttelmum Fold     
    SJspanky1 Fold     
    Flop

• Q

hipshooter Bet  £1.24 £2.89 £46.48
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.24 £4.13 £28.68
    Turn

hipshooter Bet  £4.13 £8.26 £42.35
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.13 £12.39 £24.55
    River

hipshooter Bet  £12.39 £24.78 £29.96
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £24.55 £49.33 £0.00
    hipshooter Call  £12.16 £61.49 £17.80
    hipshooter Show
    • K
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Win Straight to the 5 £59.69  £59.69

Backdoor equity ftw!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------
    Anyway came off +2bi @ 30 to make it +3 buy ins total for the day.

Not what I was hoping for but an early finish means no real hangover at least :)

Maybe play tomorrow I dunno.

Month totals
    +11.5 Buy ins
    560 Poker points

Todays bet (and it's started v well whilst writing this post) is Southampton to win @ 13/8.

That price is HUGGGEEEE. Fulham poor away. S'ton impressive @ home and a must win game for them.

Good luck everyone playing today. 

-------

*edit. when I click my account, it only shows my 'last 1 transaction'. 

It used to be about 8 I think. This the same for anyone else? 
  • edited October 2012
    about your account, ive had that as well only sshowing 1, also had it only showing 2 transactions on several occasions then other its showing as normal, complete hit n miss atm how many it shows
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah I was getting the same thing with the recent transactions thingy but seems ok today. A Sky glitch....never?!

Btw...Thought the Jacks were so far ahead of your 3betting range but I guess even YOU have it sometimes pal!!
  • edited October 2012

Good day yesterday! Didn't play any cash but enjoyed playing loads of different types of tournaments.

I'm still unsure about the timed tournaments, can they be profitable over a big sample?

I keep busting towards the end, I'm shoving into hands time and time again. It's annoying. I'd like to know what type of ROI is possible in the 30 minute ones. Might have to do a PokerTrev type experiment. But that would mean recording results, which would mean being organised, and sticking to something for a long period of time. 

Not very good at any of those things. 

Played a few games on *'s, anyone that follows me on twitter would have seen/ignored loads of tweets about running deep in a $1.35 Bounty Hunter! lol. Got excited as I got to the last 30 of 6,111 runners. Finished 26th though :(

On to the sky 5pm rebuy and 6pm sat. Breezed through the sat, that's 3 in a row...

DOHHHHHHH8177.5017£10,000 B/Hunter

and managed 2nd in the rebuy......

Had 30k HU which was 10xbb.

Vodkate had 200k tho. lol.

ICM jobbie to ladder all the way to 2nd without really doing anything!

vodkate2540001£153
    DOHHHHHHH02£102
    BIGLUKYTOM03£71.40
    bungle7204£51
    FittieChop05£40.80
    brian24306£35.70

Got 2nd in a speed tourny thing for £45 also, I disconnected 3 handed, came back to 5k v 45k HU :( 

Spose I'm lucky to have got the ladder up to 2nd but I was in great shape to win. Annoying again.

Played the DTD, the first one was badddddd, I had the easiest table in the world, people going mental all had massive stacks and were getting involved in huge pots with weak 1st and 2nd pairs.

So ofcourse  I decided it was a good idea to bluff.

gg me. 

Similar story in the old Totty too. Went abit deeper in this one though, the old curse of the break got me, first hand back I bluffed off 9k @ 100/200 trying to make someone fold top pair. 

gg me again.

The middle (cheap) one was better. Managed to win it.

This hand was fun. I'm allowed to open any 2 right? ;) lol. soz sporny. 

spornybol Small blind  800.00 800.00 20080.00
    Mylena Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 23221.25
     Your hole cards
    • Q

Bobsicool3 Fold     
    bigdunne Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  3200.00 5600.00 58353.25
    spornybol Call  2400.00 8000.00 17680.00
    Mylena Fold     
    Flop

• A

spornybol Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

spornybol Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  3200.00 11200.00 55153.25
    spornybol Raise  14000.00 25200.00 3680.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  21600.00 46800.00 33553.25
    spornybol All-in  3680.00 50480.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  7120.00 43360.00 40673.25
    spornybol Show
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Three 3s 43360.00  84033.25

Cant find the tourny in 'my tables' but was about 65ish I think.

Wanted to carry on playing, so joined a few waiting lists for 30nl, 2 loaded, I played an orbit on each then realised it wasn't a good idea!

+6.5 buyin day without winning a cash pot above 45 pence is cool though, I'd take that ever time :)

Brings monthly totals to....

Month totals
    +18 Buy ins
    627 Poker points

Cricket

V briefly, Yorkshire start their CLT20 campaign today. In fact right now. It hasn't started great mind, some erratic bowling.....

It's pretty huge for us, we are skint. And just making the competition proper pays $200k. 

We have 2 prelim games to get there, they're huge games! We've won the toss and bowled first on a green top v Asian batsmen and they're spanking it everywhere. Poor start, but time to turn it around!

gl YCCC & everyone playing poker today!

• edited October 2012
    Yeah I was getting the same thing with the recent transactions thingy but seems ok today. A Sky glitch....never?! Btw...Thought the Jacks were so far ahead of your 3betting range but I guess even YOU have it sometimes pal!!
    Posted by SJspanky1
    While I agree that JJ is easily ahead of Dohhhs 3betting range, they are basically never gonna be ahead of his calling range so you're gonna just be burning money if you 4bet overjam them IMO.