You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited October 2013

I think your thought process in hand 3 is spot on. The flop cbet imo is still too big than it needs to be, something between 60-80 should be ample with the intention of going 3 with a psj otr. On this board texture we can confidently cap their range at Jx, very rarely they flat monsters AA-JJ and as you say all Ax 3b jam. Your concern that you rep very little by jamming the flop is true but your line is only exploitable if they are mr/calling their Jx and potentially their Qx/Kx. How many regs at the £10s are really going to be thinking on that level? Very few if any.

• edited October 2013
    I dont like the river bet in 2. We have showdown value, as you said he's repping nought,  so we shouldnt think we can get value from q high or a random four, we do much better check calling. Id see tjis as a gross spot. You're a sick puppy, i know, but if youve induced here I doff my hat to you mate thats way above where im at lol. 

3 makes my head hurt. Ax and small pairs jam for 14bbs, and  against a frequent minraiser he probably jams some kj and qj too. But jx is a decent part of his flatting range AA, KK, QQ might flat but are a small part of his range. I dont see how he can fold Jx here.

So you are trying fold out all his air. If he's only flatting when he has it and jamming when he has air then thats going to be easy to play against, so if he's a reg id expect him to have value hands in his range here. unless hes prepared to call with king high hes going to have more air than value hands so barring the chance he's constructed some sicko balanced range for just this spot we're making a profitable shove. If were not making a profitable shove then it means he's going to get owned in these spots as he's folding to our aggression whenever he whiffs the flop, either way we win long term, non?

There is summat to be said for flatting some rag aces so we can credibly rep ace high flops from the bb, dunno if 14bb is deep enough and if he's thinking about ranges enough to be that tricky. If he is then that changes things as he can have more value in his range.. Meh, micro donks ftw imo. My brain hurts.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Donny are 5/1 to win @ Boro tonight live on sky. I have no idea why! Teams are on the same points, Boro' played 1 game more. Boro' sacked their manager this week. No outstanding injury worries for Donny, and they are decent away from home this year, and very good last. Definitely worth a tenner @ 5/1 !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you really need to start a betting diary :) hope it was only a tenner you had
  • edited October 2013
    Donny are 5/1 to win @ Boro tonight live on sky. I have no idea why! Teams are on the same points, Boro' played 1 game more. Boro' sacked their manager this week. No outstanding injury worries for Donny, and they are decent away from home this year, and very good last. Definitely worth a tenner @ 5/1 !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you're duer me a fiver sir!!!

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : you really need to start a betting diary :) hope it was only a tenner you had
    Posted by shuv
    £26.70 total Shuv :(

You're right though, I shud start a betting diary to remind myself how much I lose when I try take the bookies on for real. shud stick to fun bets :(

We r so poor.

Going to be a long season.

Is it too optimistic to ask for "Dickov out, Holloway in" ??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB9rI7p7vmk
  • edited October 2013

Might as well do the poker update while I'm here!

Decent day!

2nd in an £11 BH. Didn't take any heads tho.

HU I ran amazing, and played terrible. Would rather it be like that than the other way round though.

+$93 on the day.

Target at start of challenge = Make $913

Results so far = Plus $498

New target required = $415

Still an outside chance!

Back Sunday!

• edited October 2013
    Really? I always rather that I play well and run terrible. Obviously it sucks when you run terrible but I always convince myself in the long run that the variance will even out so I don't mind running terribly since I assume I'm due some rungood later down the line :P

If I'm playing badly and running well though I just hate it because I feel like if I was playing better I could have won a lot more whilst running good and that I've wasted "rungood mode"!! Pretty much the only good situatiion in poker is when you are both running and playing well!!

That Donny middlesborough bet made me laugh!! I was half tempted to stick some money on it but didn't. From past experience when it seems like a bet is too good to be true it probably is. The bookies always seem to know something that we don't!! 
  • edited October 2013
    Have to say I'm with you Dohhhh on this one.

Play bad, get lucky, win money is far better than play good, get unlucky, lose money.
    My whole game is based on playing bad and getting lucky :)
  • edited October 2013
    'The Mental Game of Variance"

I don't think you can waste 'rungood' because a lot of the times you can only run good if you play bad.

If I'm playing good, I fold the 78 on 8432r rainbow I fold to the super obvious value line in 3b pot because I know I'm never good.

If I'm playing bad, I station it off and bink the river.

If I'd made the right play, and folded, I would be at a chip disadvantage and probably go on to win the game 30/40% of the time as opposed to 100% of the time if I call and bink!

The main reason I prefer to play bad & run good rather than play good & run bad is that I can change/improve the way I play, it's the 1 thing I can control. The next game, or next session I could play great, whereas with runbad, It's totally up to the Gods, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll take whatever I can get ! :)

tbh in all my time playing poker online, (spoken like a true veteran, I've only been going 4/5 years) I think I've ran wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than I should have.

I can't remember a prolonged downswing over a decent period of time.

In before I don't win another hand between now and Xmas! :(

GL all grinding Sundayyyyyyfundayyyyy :)
  • edited October 2013
    I don't think you can waste 'rungood' because a lot of the times you can only run good if you play bad.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    nah,

it's one of those quadrent things isn't it

RGPB-RGPG
    RBPB-RBPG

- we all want to be top right - run good play good - not bottom left - run bad play bad.

arguing over top left vs bottom right is so meh

and i think i'd prefer to (try to) play good for choice.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : nah, it's one of those quadrent things isn't it RGPB - RGPG RBPB - RBPG  - we all want to be top right - run good play good - not bottom left - run bad play bad. arguing over top left vs bottom right is so meh and i think i'd prefer to (try to) play good for choice.
    Posted by GELDY
    Cool diagrams Itt :)

Haven't been doing much of either this last week or so Geldy :(

Normally a lack of updates here means I have been losing a lot. Hasn't really been the case, I've just hardly played at all.

Not through choice, but the games have totally dried up in the sng lobby since the promo week. I played quite a lot, and made the bulk of the profit (plus made up some early losses) during that week.

Not much since and there wasn't much before either!

A skope search between my last post on the 25th and now has me..........

Down $34 :(

That makes totals going into the final day...........

Results so far = Plus $464

New target required = $449

Only half way there with 1 day to go. Mehhh.

It's gonna take a miracle.

tbf the challenge wasn't all about making the target (although it would've been nice), I wanted to restore some confidence in my HU game, which I have certainly managed to do.

When I start playing HU again elsewhere I'll feel more confident and hopefully turn my results around.

I've withdrawn everything in my account here but £150. I'm gonna have a real go @ winning this $550 today, if I feel good later I'll probably buy into some bigger stuff, don't mind going broke.

I really want/need to win a fri ggin daytime BH though! They've tormented me all month, and there's no way I'm EVER playing another 1 of them again after today.

Grind starts @ midday. 10 hours of poker to make $550!

Lets gooooooo.

Will post the month results broken down by games n stakes etc tomorrow afternoon.

Thanx to people who have followed/contributed to the thread all month :)

GL all playing today
  • edited October 2013
    Gwan the dohhhhhhh. 

Open sitting £105 husngs ftw imo

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    Meh! Came up short.

Played 23 HU sngs yesterday, and won $162 with an ROI of 15% and an avg stake of $26, so I did raise the stakes slightly.

Played and won 1 £42 game which will make the stats look flattering.

Despite coming 2nd in an £11 BH, I lost $40 again @ mtts.

All in sats have a lot to answer for! grrrr.

Was going well in the UKOPS turbo then had 2 really bad hands which cost me a shot at a deep run.

Final stats for the month are as follows.....

Result = Plus $581

(2,700 'reward points')

The (very) annoying thing is, if I hadn't played a single mtt, I'd have been within $50 or so of making the target.

Here is the graph for HU only this month....

http://imageshack.us/f/842/wa7k.jpg/

So although I fell short of my main target, I have certainly restored a lot of faith in my own HU game, and I feel in better shape to go back and take on the games elsewhere, where there is tonnes more action and hopefully a lot more €€€ to be made!

The only way I could continue to play here, is to move up stakes and take on the 'regs'.

I'm guaranteed action this way as there is always someone sat waiting for a game.

I've tried doing this before on a couple of times. Same as when I played cash, I moved up and had occasional shots and everytime, without exception it ended in disaster.

I wasn't prepared mentally, and always chose bad times to take the shots. I didn't even give myself a chance and inevitably blew up spectacularly & failed. lol.

I might look at possibly getting staked for half of the buyin over a sample of games, so I'm effectively paying £21 for a £42 game, maybe over 20 or 30 games, just to see how I get on. If I go well and prove to myself I can do it, I'll feel more comfortable about going on my own. I'm rolled, I just fail spectacularly everytime I attempt something like that.

Anyway, that's possibly something for the future.

Back to Francais tomorrow!

Thanx to Teddy, Ivan, Jac, Geldy, Pad, Lambo, Donald & all that have read and contributed to the diary this month, it's been fun!

Good luck all in November!
  • edited November 2013
    Came up short but very positive about your game right now.
    That's a good month, right?

The tourneys cost you, you say. Just one bink in one of them, though, and it could have been a really profitable month.
    Quandary for me at the moment. I have a pretty good record in the small amount I've played on here. The trouble is that I know far better players than me can go a long time without a decent score. Dyms, I can just plod along.

By the way. The bump in BB&V  wasn't meant to show you in a bad light. Just found myself at that page by mistake and saw the thread from you.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi guys, need some tips on my heads up game anyone like to play at micro stakes to give me some tips
  • edited November 2013
    hi golds,

hope dohhhhhh doesnt mind us hijacking his diary again.

good games again today, and sorry about cracking that set-o-jacks lol

interesting that you said i was shove happy around 10bbs, though you said you have never heard of nash, which explains that a bit.

this is essential stuff in the endgame of HU sit and go's.

around 9-14 bbs you want to be shoving a decent range.

the shallower you go, the wider you push. at certain depths you want to be exclusively shove or fold.

have a look at nash push/fold charts and read up on how they work and how they were formulated - you don't need to understand the theory completely, just a general idea of why hands are pushed. remember that nash is -ev above 7bbs and that the more BB's you have the worse it is to play exclusive shove or fold from the SB.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited November 2013
    Hi guys, need some tips on my heads up game anyone like to play at micro stakes to give me some tips
    Posted by golds95
    Tomorrow afternoon golds? Between 3pm and 6pm?

Came up short but very positive about your game right now. That's a good month, right? The tourneys cost you, you say. Just one bink in one of them, though, and it could have been a really profitable month. Quandary for me at the moment. I have a pretty good record in the small amount I've played on here. The trouble is that I know far better players than me can go a long time without a decent score. Dyms, I can just plod along. ... By the way. The bump in BB&V  wasn't meant to show you in a bad light. Just found myself at that page by mistake and saw the thread from you.
    Posted by Jac35

I know jacko! It was my turn to be paranoid ;)

I've always said if I were to play MTTs as my main game, there's no way I'd play here. Outside of the mians and maybe 1 or 2 others per night there isn't much there. Do you not play elsewhere?

I've been saying to Donald lately he should find a low variance 'grind game' to fund the MTTs, or at least partly fund them to make downswings less severe.

You have 1 in place already tht you know you can beat so why not combine the 2?

btw, who was the 'interesting pick' ??
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Tomorrow afternoon golds? Between 3pm and 6pm? In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I know jacko! It was my turn to be paranoid ;) I've always said if I were to play MTTs as my main game, there's no way I'd play here. Outside of the mians and maybe 1 or 2 others per night there isn't much there. Do you not play elsewhere? I've been saying to Donald lately he should find a low variance 'grind game' to fund the MTTs, or at least partly fund them to make downswings less severe. You have 1 in place already tht you know you can beat so why not combine the 2? btw, who was the 'interesting pick' ??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This some kind of sick joke?!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Tomorrow afternoon golds? Between 3pm and 6pm? In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I know jacko! It was my turn to be paranoid ;) I've always said if I were to play MTTs as my main game, there's no way I'd play here. Outside of the mians and maybe 1 or 2 others per night there isn't much there. Do you not play elsewhere? I've been saying to Donald lately he should find a low variance 'grind game' to fund the MTTs, or at least partly fund them to make downswings less severe. You have 1 in place already tht you know you can beat so why not combine the 2? btw, who was the 'interesting pick' ??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    True story.

P.S. Downswings suck

Do you have any plans or goals for Novemeber? 

Are you growing a Mustash?

Will you actually leave the house?

Are you wanting ur rear end whooped on pointless this week?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : This some kind of sick joke?!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ahhhh I see now.

Helps if I read the names properly!

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : True story. P.S. Downswings suck Do you have any plans or goals for Novemeber?  Are you growing a Mustash? Will you actually leave the house? Are you wanting ur rear end whooped on pointless this week?
    Posted by The_Don90
    No to all 4 questions Donald!

When do you want your first HU sng coaching session :D

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Tomorrow afternoon golds? Between 3pm and 6pm? 

Yes that would be great ill be on at half 3, i look forward to it.
  • edited November 2013

Hey Golds.

GGs today.

Said I'd post my observations so here goes....

I think your play in the early levels is really good.

You don't make many mistakes which are common amongst lower stakes players. You play in position a lot, you make good use of your button, you don't leek money by peeling too much from the big blind pre flop.

Your play post flop is also very solid.

1 thing I picked up on early is you like to 'donk' bet the flop a lot.

This is ok, especially as you do it with a balanced range.

A draw here....

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  10.00 10.00 1120.00
    golds95 Big blind  20.00 30.00 850.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  40.00 70.00 1080.00
    golds95 Call  30.00 100.00 820.00
    Flop

• J
    • K

golds95 Bet  60.00 160.00 760.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  60.00 220.00 1020.00
    Turn

• K

golds95 Bet  100.00 320.00 660.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  100.00 420.00 920.00
    River

golds95 Bet  300.00 720.00 360.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  300.00 1020.00 620.00
    golds95 Show
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Muck
    • K

golds95 Win Flush to the Ace 1020.00  1380.00
    Top pair here.....
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  15.00 15.00 450.00
    golds95 Big blind  30.00 45.00 1505.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Raise  45.00 90.00 405.00
    golds95 Call  30.00 120.00 1475.00
    Flop

• Q

golds95 Bet  60.00 180.00 1415.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  60.00 240.00 345.00
    Turn

golds95 Bet  150.00 390.00 1265.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  150.00 540.00 195.00
    River

golds95 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  195.00 735.00 0.00
    golds95 Call  195.00 930.00 1070.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

golds95 Show
    • Q

golds95 Win Pair of Queens 930.00  2000.00
    It was very difficult for me to figure out where I was in pots when you took this line. Those are just 2 examples from game 1, but I struggled throughout the whole match.

I was really impressed with your play during the middle levels.

You were min 3betting my min opens a lot which was really frustrating. I didn't have any moves left, and as I have a high steal percentage, a lot of the time I had weak hands and no other option but to fold!

I tried to adapt to this by limping some buttons, but you quicky re-adapted by raising my limps!

Again, leaving me with no option but to fold on a lot of occasions.

The 1 time I limp/raised you shoved over the top. lol. Was really tough to combat.

Here are some examples.....
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  25.00 25.00 775.00
    golds95 Big blind  50.00 75.00 1150.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  75.00 150.00 700.00
    golds95 Raise  150.00 300.00 1000.00
    DOHHHHHHH Fold   
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  30.00 30.00 770.00
    golds95 Big blind  60.00 90.00 1140.00
      Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Call  30.00 120.00 740.00
    golds95 Raise  120.00 240
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  25.00 25.00 1245.00
    golds95 Big blind  50.00 75.00 680.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Call  25.00 100.00 1220.00
    golds95 Raise  50.00 150.00 630.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  200.00 350.00 1020.00
    golds95 All-in  630.00 980.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    golds95 Muck     
    golds95 Win  500.00  500.00
    golds95 Return  480.00 0.00 980.00
    (there are many more)

The big problem I think you have is your short stacked play.

It's a big problem, because it's probably the most important part of the game.

But the good thing is, it's really easy to fix. I think it's something Teddy picked up on above when he played you.

You really need to learn how to play optimally when the effective stacks are between 5 and 15 big blinds.

So often you let me back into games by min raise/calling shoves with hands that you should be either shoving with, or min raise/folding.

I'll look for examples.....
    golds95 Small blind  60.00 60.00 1500.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  120.00 180.00 320.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

golds95 Call  60.00 240.00 1440.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  320.00 560.00 0.00
    golds95 Call  320.00 880.00 1120.00
    golds95 Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

DOHHHHHHH Win Two Pairs, Queens and 9s 880.00  880.00
    golds95 Small blind  25.00 25.00 1305.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  50.00 75.00 620.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

golds95 Raise  100.00 175.00 1205.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  620.00 795.00 0.00
    golds95 Call  545.00 1340.00 660.00
    golds95 Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Pair of 4s 1340.00  1340.00
    golds95 Small blind  40.00 40.00 770.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  80.00 120.00 1110.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

golds95 Raise  200.00 320.00 570.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  1110.00 1430.00 0.00
    golds95 All-in  570.00 2000.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  380.00 1620.00 380.00
    golds95 Show
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Pair of Kings 1620.00  2000.00
    I think there are a few more, but I can't find them.

This is a really easy thing to fix, half an hour study should do the job.

As Teddy says, look in to Nash push/call charts, just google them and it will be an eye opener.

I've just had a quick flick through the hands to find these, if you have any specific questions or want me to look at a specific hand history post up.

I think you've got a lot of good things going on in your game. Work on your end game and you'll be a solid winner @ £5 games in no time!
  • edited November 2013
    thanks mate much appriciated dissapoinnted i ended up losing being 2-0 up but the advice here is worth it cheers, that was the only position that i could really exploit your game when you min raised pre, a few times completely confused will try and dig them out too see if i done anything wrong tomorrow

• edited November 2013
    thanks mate much appriciated dissapoinnted i ended up losing being 2-0 up but the advice here is worth it cheers, that was the only position that i could really exploit your game when you min raised pre, a few times completely confused will try and dig them out too see if i done anything wrong tomorrow
    Posted by golds95
    Currently chipleader in the UKOPS main with £11,000+ for the win!

Get all the gold, golds!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Currently chipleader in the UKOPS main with £11,000+ for the win! Get all the gold, golds!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol soon after this post ran into quads not fun but i have sated in for £3 and still in so just hoping to run good after this break
  • edited November 2013
    Bit Dissapointed the way i went out in 170th or close to that. I was happy the way i was playing then disaster strikes guy double my stack raises pre i call in position flop gives me 2 overs and flush draw, guy shoves with no raising going on i call his blooming 7's hold
  • edited November 2013
    Bit Dissapointed the way i went out in 170th or close to that. I was happy the way i was playing then disaster strikes guy double my stack raises pre i call in position flop gives me 2 overs and flush draw, guy shoves with no raising going on i call his blooming 7's hold
    Posted by golds95
    ul golds. I've seen the hand and dnt think you did much wrong.

I reckon you'll be a big winner on the site before long!
  • edited November 2013

Dunno if anyone is still (or ever was) interested, but I've just got my skope up to $20k profit, and hit the target I set myself on October 1st.

http://imageshack.us/f/31/0kp3.jpg/

Really pleased with how I played tonight, I've never felt this good about my game before, hope the hard work continues to pay off.

There may be some mileage in the staking thing I tentatively mentioned in an earlier post too.

GL all playing tonight!

• edited November 2013
    Watched a fair few of your games today dohhh, not a bad ROI lol been on a bit of a heater myself since i started playing again last week but back to reality again today has been a long grind - what do you think of the difference between 5s and 10s turbo wise? come across many regs at that level on turbos?

*nice work on getting to 20k
  • edited November 2013
    Watched a fair few of your games today dohhh, not a bad ROI lol been on a bit of a heater myself since i started playing again last week but back to reality again today has been a long grind - what do you think of the difference between 5s and 10s turbo wise? come across many regs at that level on turbos? *nice work on getting to 20k
    Posted by benc
    Very little.

I haven't seem any regs @ 10s, rarely play a winning player.

5s are probably tougher than 10s tbh!