You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited November 2013

Players have just gone off for their dinner in Brisbane, I've just made my 'tea' in South Yorkshire @ 2am!

Getting into this new sleeping routine, it's going to be a long night tonight.

Very big wicket just before the break, Trott and Cook gone, has to be the Aussies morning despite us polishing off the tail quickly.

This series has started like the last, bowlers on top, on seemingly flat decks! meh, c'mon KP after dinner!

---------------

Poker update for yesterday....

V unusual session.

I played HU sngs in France again, I was playing €10 hypers and lost my first 13 games in a row.

Moved up to €20 games, and after winning 1 and losing 1, I won 8 in a row!

HU = A momentum game!

I played abit on sky, think I lose 5 out of 6 games :(

Small losing day overall.

-----------------------

As I hinted above, my new playing hours will be 6pm until 3/4am from now until after Christmas.

Kinda excited about it, had a look around the sites today and I'm going to be spoilt for choice with MTTs!

Will include the Sky 6pm main event sat every session, with the intention of playing the actual event should I qualify.

Haven't played a Sky 8pm for maybe 18 months outside of Tuesdays Turbo night!

If I can stay awake tonight (feel good atm) then the new grind starts tomorrow, Donny on the tele against Yeovil (wont be a classic!!!) then onto the Ashes whilst trying to hit a big score in some big mtts!

For now though, over to you KP!

A run for every test cap you have will be nice, ty :)

GL all on the am grind!

• edited November 2013
    Donny rovers and cricket on tv, ur laptop will feel neglected ;) 

I think we discussed various mtts before although not in great detail, is there any structures you've looked at your looking forward to playing ?

• edited November 2013

Incredible session of cricket.

Have to admire Australias bowling outfit. Kept the England batsman down all summer on flat decks, and started the same way again here. Amazing performance, Mitch has the X factor for sure, brutal bowling.

It would've been hard enough staying awake, but the state of the game has made my decision easier.

Early night for me!

Glory hunter !!!

Hope to wake up to better news from the evening session!

Mega rain maybe?

:(
  • edited November 2013
    Hope Donny hammer Yeovil tonight, how on Earth Tragic Johnson got them to the Champ, I'll never know?!? Fat Plucker
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Incredible session of cricket. Have to admire Australias bowling outfit. Kept the England batsman down all summer on flat decks, and started the same way again here. Amazing performance, Mitch has the X factor for sure, brutal bowling. It would've been hard enough staying awake, but the state of the game has made my decision easier. Early night for me! Glory hunter !!! Hope to wake up to better news from the evening session! Mega rain maybe?   :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doh.waiting for a re'ly to my PM to you!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Doh.waiting for a re'ly to my PM to you!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Wynne, I haven't seen your PM and my inbox wont load so I can't see it.

I've gone into my email and I've had a notification, something about a £25 bet on the cricket?

I've not heard anything about it. Is it a matched bet? Does it have to be on a specific market?

I haven't had any real bets.

Maybe go with the series to be a draw @ 4/1 ?

Most of the markets are suspended as it's mid test at the moment.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Wynne, I haven't seen your PM and my inbox wont load so I can't see it. I've gone into my email and I've had a notification, something about a £25 bet on the cricket? I've not heard anything about it. Is it a matched bet? Does it have to be on a specific market? I haven't had any real bets. Maybe go with the series to be a draw @ 4/1 ? Most of the markets are suspended as it's mid test at the moment.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ashes Price Boost & £25 Free!

The talking will finally stop as the battle for the Ashes swings back into action. Sky Bet have boosted the tourists to win the series 3-1 from 13/2 to 8/1!

We’re also offering you a £25 free bet if you bet on the cricket. To claim simply follow the steps below;

1. Click Claim Now and enter promo code CRMATCH
    2. Place any cricket bet up to £25 (minimum odds of 1/2)
    3. We’ll match it with a free bet to be used on any sports market.

Take advantage of our Ashes offer now before it’s too late, free bets expire after 7 days

This is what I wanted to take advantage of!
    I will do what you suggested!
  • edited November 2013
    Very nice result tonight sir!

So close to joining that very, very select group of FT jackpot winners too ;)
  • edited November 2013
    vwp tonight DOHHHHHHHH
    winning the mini and just off the main FT
    now maybe you will waste less time on other sites
    you know it makes sense
  • edited November 2013
    Well done DoH!
  • edited November 2013
    teach me how to run deep in mtts please :) 

Congrats lad. phenominal effort. 
  • edited November 2013
    well deserved winner last night dohh very well played
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013

Cheers all.

Good game Jonny, must've been an honour for you as a United fan to share a final able with SirFergie! ;)

& thanx to Alan, Geldy and some others for sticking around to rail. (memory is abit blurry)

It's a shame I couldn't run good for 5 or  10 minutes longer in the main too :(

Apparently the FT was shown on the show, if anyone knows when it's repeated can you let me know plz. Have had a look in the TV section of the forum but it doesn't appear to be on today, and there's no listings for tomorrow onwards.

Good luck all playing today.
  • edited November 2013
    I know who next doh sir bobby or king eric lol I believe there is a king eric on here
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    Nice one DOHHH.  Great win... and a good run in the main too.

Thats two forum regs winning mini's within a week ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Nice one DOHHH.  Great win... and a good run in the main too. Thats two forum regs winning mini's within a week ;)
    Posted by gazza127
    Amazing really as..
    One of them is a fish cake :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Amazing really as.. One of them is a fish cake :)
    Posted by Jac35

I wouldnt take that DOHHHH if I were you ;)
  • edited November 2013

Think Jackko is being very kind to 1 of us ! :P

Thanx again all :)

Decided to get greedy and remind myself how I bust the main.

Think it's standard, although the mystery ICM thing might mean it isn't with 10 left, pay jumps, shallow average etc.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Concerto Small blind  4000.00 4000.00 23494.50
    Uzi_lover Big blind  8000.00 12000.00 122970.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

DOHHHHHHH All-in  65526.40 77526.40 0.00
    jakealex All-in  116266.50 193792.90 0.00
    Nerijus Fold     
    Concerto Fold     
    Uzi_lover Fold     
    jakealex Unmatched bet  50740.10 143052.80 50740.10
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K

jakealex Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

jakealex Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 143052.80  193792.90
    Don't know what a 6th/5th/4th would have got me in jackpot moniez but if I spike a K here I probably finish no worse than 6th :(
  • edited November 2013
    Think Jackko is being very kind to 1 of us ! :P Thanx again all :) Decided to get greedy and remind myself how I bust the main. Think it's standard, although the mystery ICM thing might mean it isn't with 10 left, pay jumps, shallow average etc. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Concerto Small blind   4000.00 4000.00 23494.50 Uzi_lover Big blind   8000.00 12000.00 122970.00   Your hole cards 10 K       DOHHHHHHH All-in   65526.40 77526.40 0.00 jakealex All-in   116266.50 193792.90 0.00 Nerijus Fold         Concerto Fold         Uzi_lover Fold         jakealex Unmatched bet   50740.10 143052.80 50740.10 DOHHHHHHH Show 10 K       jakealex Show Q Q       Flop     6 7 5       Turn     7       River     6       jakealex Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 143052.80   193792.90 Don't know what a 6th/5th/4th would have got me in jackpot moniez but if I spike a K here I probably finish no worse than 6th :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

• edited November 2013
    Tough one that. I think you can argue cases for folding and shipping.

You not consider raising half your stack pre?
  • edited November 2013

Sigh.

Thought a mini win and a 6th/5th in the main would be about 50/75 quid. haha.

Wish I hadn't seen that.

Maybe if I'd already had the mini won I nit fold the KTs and try to ladder.

Think there were about 20 left in the mini when I bust the main though and I was midfield.

Nevermind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6vLAa-kylM

• edited November 2013
    Cheers all. Good game Jonny, must've been an honour for you as a United fan to share a final able with SirFergie! ;) & thanx to Alan, Geldy and some others for sticking around to rail. (memory is abit blurry) It's a shame I couldn't run good for 5 or  10 minutes longer in the main too :( Apparently the FT was shown on the show, if anyone knows when it's repeated can you let me know plz. Have had a look in the TV section of the forum but it doesn't appear to be on today, and there's no listings for tomorrow onwards. Good luck all playing today.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    today

4pm:Turbo Tuesday - with James Hartigan and Jen Mason (rpt 26/11/13)
  • edited November 2013
    Well done Dohhh

On Winning the mini

Outstanding!
  • edited November 2013

Thanks for posting that up Geldy, I managed to get the show recorded.

And thanx for the congrats Henrik :)

------------------------------------------------

Haven't updated as much this month as I did last, so as it's the end of the month, and tomorrow will mostly be spent donking around and donating to the bookies rather than grinding, I'll put up a quick month summary.

I don't keep track of my results, don't use spreadsheets or anything, so I don't know for sure but Nov was probably 1 of my best months so far this year.

Results from the 3 main sites I play on are shown in the link below, along with my monthly sky graph.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7984/ci2q.jpg

Might be too small to read, but combined profit over 3 sites is around $2.4k

The HU sngs continued to go well on here, holding down a 16% roi over a 220 game sample @ £15 avg stake.

I did plan to go back playing HU abroad, which I did abit, but I wanted to finish my October target, and things were going so well it seemed daft to change.

Obviously the stats are made to look a lot more flattering with the mini 'bink'. It does help boost the numbers winning a sizeable mtt as opposed to grinding effectively 2 player dyms.

----------------

December will be much of the same.

I do have 1 small target left that I want to achieve before the end of the year.

It's only a small/ego thing, but I'd like to finish on the top30 of the leaderboard for sngs in 2013.

I started the year playing them, took some shots which went terribly, so I 'gave them up' when around $650 down, until I started the October challenge.

Things went much better than I could ever imagine, and I'm within touching distance of my old HU sng nemesis 'ellison' in 30th place. (I'm sure they used to only award stars to top 20?)

He's just under +$2k for the year, I'm around +$1.6k, so I'm going to try and chase him down.

Not really a big deal, but something to aim for I guess.

Updates will probably be sparce again, unless something unusual happens. Blogging about HU sngs isn't the most exciting thing for people to read.

As ever thanks for reading & contributing to the thread throughout Nov!

Hope you all had a good month @ the tables, if not, still time to turn it around! ;)

gl all playing over't'weekend !
  • edited November 2013
    I don't think they showed it

don't know who they were trying to protect: you, me, Tikay or the viewers
    so here it is - my first ever bluff on skypoker*

just so used to seeing you do this to others just wondered if you were up for a taste of your own medicine
    GELDY Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £79.34
    CoxyMate Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £28.53
      Your hole cards
    • A

mckthnuts Fold     
    Donttelmum Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £28.88
    GELDY Call  £0.50 £1.40 £78.84
    CoxyMate Fold     
    Flop

• Q

GELDY Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.00 £2.40 £27.88
    GELDY Raise  £3.00 £5.40 £75.84
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.00 £7.40 £25.88
    Turn

• J

GELDY Bet  £5.84 £13.24 £70.00
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    GELDY Muck     
    GELDY Win  £7.03  £77.03
    GELDY Return  £5.84
    *may or may not be true
  • edited November 2013
    Nice hand Geldy.

You were drawing dead to a chop :(

I fancied calling, but wouldn't have enjoyed the inevitable chunky river bet to follow!
    GELDY Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £79.34
    CoxyMate Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £28.53
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

mckthnuts Fold     
    Donttelmum Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £28.88
    GELDY Call  £0.50 £1.40 £78.84
    CoxyMate Fold     
    Flop

• Q

GELDY Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.00 £2.40 £27.88
    GELDY Raise  £3.00 £5.40 £75.84
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.00 £7.40 £25.88
    Turn

• J

GELDY Bet  £5.84 £13.24 £70.00
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    GELDY Muck     
    GELDY Win  £7.03  £77.03
    GELDY Return  £5.84 £0.37 £82.87
    What about this one, did you own me again here too?
    williwont Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £71.45
    GELDY Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £38.05
      Your hole cards
    • K

RyanC7 Fold     
    Donttelmum Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.75
    williwont Call  £0.50 £1.40 £70.95
    GELDY Raise  £1.60 £3.00 £36.45
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.40 £6.40 £16.35
    williwont Fold     
    GELDY Raise  £11.00 £17.40 £25.45
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    GELDY Muck     
    GELDY Win  £8.60  £34.05
    GELDY Return  £8.80 £0.00 £42.85
  • edited November 2013
    Geldy Owns everyone.....it's in the terms of his TPT Contract :)

Good luck with your SnG challenge Dohhhhhhhh, i'm sure you can do it.