You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited December 2013

Spreadsheet sorted, thanx Lambert :)

That's the hard bit.

The harder bit is keeping it updated!

---------------------

Rounding up the December challenge, which was an epic fail....

The goal was to creep on to the top 30 leaderboard for sng winners on sky in 2013.

Results as follows....

Gap between me & 30th @ the start of the month = $478

Gap at the end of the month = $1125

Dec sng profit = - $232

Oh dear.

Was all going fine until I took a shot mid-month. It backfired. And that was game over.

I have today left, but if I get anywhere close it means something has gone very wrong with game selection.

Hope that isn't the case!

-----------------------

Still, December has matched November for profit overall. A couple of blips on my part but the results have been good and I'm going into 2014 off the back of my 2 most profitable months ever.

No real goals for 2014.

I'd like to move up stakes in HU sngs. I said that this time last year, and was down $1.5k before the end of January.

That will not be happening again.

I'm hoping to sort a short term staking deal to help me break through and build some confidence in the higher games.

Have a few interested parties but nothing set in stone. And it's not something I'm in any rush to take on with the way things are going at the moment. It's been 4 years after all :/

This new spreadsheet thing will be available to share on google drive. I'll make it public and link it on here so that I have to update less & if there is anyone out there interested in how I'm getting on they can check it out whenever. 

I only really use this to share results, so there will be less posts if I can keep the spreddy updated.

Going into 2014 with lots of confidence in my game at the stakes I play, heatering pretty good, really looking forward to each session and enjoying the sessions pretty much from start to finish.

I wonder how long that'll last!

----------------------------

Have to 'flick' a few tips in as it's the last post of the year. Some players to watch out for flying up the stakes and crushing the site in 2014. (I haven't played with a lot of regular forumers, so don't be offended if you're not on the list! :P)

Cash - Liamboi11/Gazza127

Sngs - Teddybloat

MTTs - Splashies

All 3 - AJrockets

Thanks to everyone who's supported me on and off thread in 2013.

Best of luck to all next year! :)

• edited December 2013
    wow. thanks, sensai. 

KOD, much though?

the name TEDDY BLOAT is a character from Gravity's Rainbow. Pynchon comes up with weird and wonderful names like rocky slaggigat, pirate prentice, oedipia mass, tyrone slothrop etc. 

teddy doesnt do much in the novel except fall down drunkenly and eat bananas prepared in weird and wonderful ways. just thought the name was interesting, certainly more interesting than my real name... 
    alan.

and please do keep the thread up to date too: you write boss words.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited January 2014

Morning all'

1 week in to 2014, and it's started quite well.

For anyone interested in a summary of my results, you can check out the spreadsheet I'm going to be using all year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArAVeKoGY09XdGpCc2Q5NFo4enRxcVNac05scnl1S0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

If you're farmiliar with these kind of things, it's probably self explanatory.

If you're not, like I wasn't, it will take me ages to explain it all and I cba, so just click some random buttons :)

There's a sports betting tab, for comedy value. The bets so far have just been for interest on the sports I've been watching at the time, hence the small stakes.

Poker has been a mixed bag, 1 good session sandwiched between 2 mediocre ones.

-----------------

Not going to dwell on the Ashes result.

Looking forward though, I don't see a need for huge changes.

We have Sri Lanka and India at home this summer, I predict we'll go unbeaten, and weather permitting, could whitewash both teams.

Jimmy will take a load of wickets.

I do think that will have been his last tour of Australia though. We play them at home next where he's a completely different bowler. He'll be 33 then. He'll probably retire after that series.

Cook, Bell, Pieterson, Prior all to start the first test this summer. No problems there.

Spinner is a problem. No idea where we go with that spot tbh.

I like Rashid, but I'm biased ofc.

Freerolling the ODIs now as massive underdogs. It can't get any worse. We might spring a surprise!

• edited February 2014

Yo,

A month in to the new year and so far I've managed to keep up with my goal of being more organised with recording results and overall money management, the spreadsheet is still up to date.

January was a weird month, 1 big winning session at the start, along with a few decent ones at the end and a lot of dull, small losing sessions inbetween resulted in a modest profit overall.

Never going to complain about having a winning month, but it did feel abit like a 'month that got away'.

First session of February yesterday, and again I've got off to abit of a flyer.

Going to try and learn from Januarys mistakes and be more ruthless this time to try and make it a big 1.

---------------

Great to see so many diaries going well on here.

Jac, Gazza, and Craigcu all having big months. Lambert getting a break with an awesome staking deal. A lot of forum rungood to start 2014, hope it continues!

Particularly pleased for Craig, if all winning poker players (myself included, more so than most) put as much effort into bettering their game as he does, we'd probably win twice as much.

------------

Couple of cricket things happening atm.

Flower gone.

Meh, not too disappointed.

I was at first, but looking at the list of candidates there are some exciting names on the list, I think a more positive/aggressive brand of cricket is required to take us forward.

I'd love to see Nasser Hussain get the gig. He often talks about his regrets as a player, trying too hard, worrying too much, and therefore failed to express himself on the pitch.

He could learn from this and instill a 'no-fear' approach amongst the younger players, and take us back to the top imo.

Anyone but Giles, who is odds on favourite. Plz God no!

Also tipped up on this thread the Melbourne Stars to win The Big Bash.

Tomorrow they play their knockout semi-final, having won 8/8 group games, so we all know what's going to happen, right?

------------------

The spreadsheet is still available if people want to check out the results, it'll always be public. The link is in the post above.

Best of luck crushing February all!

• edited February 2014
    n Response to "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Sky have agreed to trial my idea of introducing fast paced heads up sit and gos. As a condition, I will be writing a diary, with my results and general thoughts on the games which have been introduced to the sit n go lobby this morning. Hu sngs aren't for everybody, so this hyper version is going to appeal to a niche market. 1) Turbo dym players. 2) Action junkee's 3) Cash 4 points grinders & priotrity club hopefuls.  Theres a common mis-conception amongst poker players, that short stacks and fast blinds leads to "bingo poker". The "sit and DOH" HU sngs, allow for a period of 8 minutes play, before the average stack drops below 10xbb. In online poker, that is still alot of hands.  Admittedly, the variance is gonna be high, but with low rake, and high volume, so can your ROI.  They are also fun, and will allow for rapid accumilation of poker points, to push myself, and others towards priority. -------------------------- The aim of this diary is to record my results throughout the trial period, and hopefully show people that these games can be profitable. I'd urge everyone to have a shot at playing a few of these, if you have a spare 15 minutes, in the hope of converting you'z into HU hyper action junkeeeees! Anyway good luck if you decide to try them. Hopefully they'll be around for a while. P.S, the name certainly was not my idea! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sky continues to reward bad play with big chip wins that would not stand up in the real poker world, you have to be really bad to make it pay lol

• edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
    It's not my fault Steve!

Still, at least you've given me an excuse to post this.

Just run better @ sports betting doh.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hmzdj8&s=8#.UwUs7jrivIV

(click to enlarge ^^)

• edited February 2014
    Yo!

End of month post a day early as I'm bored waiting on a delivery that was due @ 3pm! #standard.

If January was 'decent', February has been 'good'.

Solid results, if not spectacular so far this year. If I can continue to double profits month by month, December will be a biggie!

Ok, not going to happen, but have to be pleased with how things are going considering the volume is still poor.

I played a couple of 'proper' mains this month.

I came 30th in a Thursday night BH for £115.

I was close, very close, to going very deep, we lost a big flip for a top 5 stack with 30 left. I fancied my chances with a lot of the regular mtt grinders away at the UKPC, there weren't any 'names' left in, I just needed to hit an ace or a queen in 5 cards, but I couldn't.

Encouraged, I played some primo sats 2 days later.

I wasn't prepared to buyin for £55, so I was disappointed when I failed with 20 quids worth of sats.

Returning from the 7.55 break, a table popped up.

"ugh, what c rappy freeroll have I been auto reg'd in this time?"

£55 primo, sat with bromley04, divsdreams, boonicon, mabsure.

wtf.

I'd registered the primo whilst playing sats, as a precautionary measure incase of internet problems etc, I'd win the money then use it to buy in 5 mins before the start.

I'd forgot to unregister the primo when I failed sats!

Noooooooo

So now I'm playing the primo, in for £75.

Feel sick.

Any road, 4 hours later, after a lot of luck, I'm busting in 9th for upwards of £250.

My exit hand was horrendous, I wont go over it here but I went down check calling with 44, with 3,284 overcards and a flush on board.

That hand will haunt me for months, with £3,000 up top. I had a great shot and ballsed it up. What a m oron.

Still only have the 1 8pm final table to show for my 4.5 years on sky.

-----------------------

Been playing abit of cap 50nl.

If there are any regular readers left, you'll know I like to play games which require as little skill/thought/effort to win at as possible.

Cap games fit the bill.

Not saying there isn't any skill in it, but once you know what the strategy is, that's it, all you need to do is implement it.

Suppose it's abit like dyms, where in 99% of instances, there is a correct play. Sometimes there are marginal spots, but normally there's a clear cut 'right and wrong' way to play.

Far from a cap pro, but I wont make many big mistakes, and even if I do, there's a cap on how much it will cost me :)

It's probably just a phase where everyone plays cap, and they'll die down soon, but while they're there and the opportunity to win money without thinking just by bashing buttons is there, It makes sense to cash in :)

-----------------

Away from poker, Feb was 'the' month of Breaking Bad.

Started and finished the first 60 odd episodes within 3 weeks.

Funny how when the Ashes was on over the winter, I'd start struggling to stay awake around 2/3am.

After a breaking bad all nighter I was struggling to sleep @ 6am, wanted to watch 1 more! Then 1 more! Then 1 more.......

WATCH IT !

-----------------

Going to start Dexter next month, and more of the same poker wise.

GL all, crushhhhh March!

(spreadsheet link above still open. Very messy now!)
  • edited February 2014
    ok
    So you were out of the primo in 9th
    still looks like a brag post to me
    and quite justified
    vwp
  • edited February 2014
    Good to see it's going well.

I feel the same about the capped tables. Disagree with those who say they can't be profitable. Not really sure why they've caused so much fuss. Choice innit.

Just finishing 2nd series of Breaking Bad. Really is as good as people say. Done the free Netflix thing for a month so powering through.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Good to see it's going well. I feel the same about the capped tables. Disagree with those who say they can't be profitable. Not really sure why they've caused so much fuss. Choice innit. Just finishing 2nd series of Breaking Bad. Really is as good as people say. Done the free Netflix thing for a month so powering through.
    Posted by Jac35

Breaking Bad is great.

Want something else to watch on Netflix when youre through it?

Im working my way through House of Cards with Kevin Spacey.  I don't understand American Politics at all.... yet somehow im captivated by the whole show.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Breaking Bad is great. Want something else to watch on Netflix when youre through it? Im working my way through House of Cards with Kevin Spacey.  I don't understand American Politics at all.... yet somehow im captivated by the whole show.
    Posted by gazza127

Upgraded too  U.S netflix  it's much better, 

I'm watching sons of anarchy... Great show! 

• edited February 2014
    Unlucky with the deep runs not turning into something big but sounds like a good month non the less. Glad everyones enjoying Breaking Bad, you'll like Dexter I reckon. Highly recommend Homeland as well.
  • edited February 2014
    Nice update and wp.

How's the roulette going?
  • edited February 2014
    ok So you were out of the primo in 9th still looks like a brag post to me and quite justified vwp
    Posted by GELDY
    I guess there is a small brag in there.

Along with a beat, or me beating myself up.

And ofc the 'misclick registration' variance.

Thnx Geldy.

Good to see it's going well. I feel the same about the capped tables. Disagree with those who say they can't be profitable. Not really sure why they've caused so much fuss. Choice innit. Just finishing 2nd series of Breaking Bad. Really is as good as people say. Done the free Netflix thing for a month so powering through.
    Posted by Jac35
    Series 3 onwards is where it's at imo.

You'll be binge watching over the next fortnight or so!

gg volume.

Unlucky with the deep runs not turning into something big but sounds like a good month non the less. Glad everyones enjoying Breaking Bad, you'll like Dexter I reckon. Highly recommend Homeland as well.
    Posted by nickd49931
    Everyone has said that, but I just can't get round to getting started on it.

I hate focusing on the TV, I'll always be doing something else with the TV on in the background, so getting 'in' to something is a challenge for me.

3 times I've started watching the first episode and had to stop because I wasn't concentrating and had missed some key info.

That's why soaps /> /> /> /> films! :)

I'll get there, then probably fly through it all within a month again.

When are you and your team off to Vegas btw?

Everytime I have a spare 20/30 mins waiting for an mtt to open and I have a look in the HU sng lobby, I can guarantee 1 of team RTV will be waiting !

Do you work shifts? ;)

Nice update and wp. How's the roulette going?
    Posted by splashies
    ty.

Decided against persuing the roulette thing.

Andy 'Evilpingu' 'Vordaman' Darwood got his calculator out on skype and pwnd me.

I'm retiring $10 up.

Which is $x010 more profitable than most roulette grinders!

-------------------------------------------

Later start on the poker today.

May try the main again, or just play a full night of cap 25/50p. Friday night on those games will be interesting.

gl all grinding today & C'mon England !!!!
  • edited February 2014

Glad I decided (couldn't resist) to bring that 'late start' forward a few hours. 

Nice unexpected bonus to end the month, although it has to count as another blowup, 4b shoving 20xbb with Q8s. Meh, you decide, at least I didn't go down calling this time :)

That's the 1 and only mtt of the day so far, and feel abit tipsy after, I guess like a smoker smokes more when he's nervous, I can't put the beer down! 

I finally get the "I need to keep my hands busy" thing! haha. 

Good platform to grind the rest of the day now, hopefully make it a big 1........

• edited March 2014
    Looks like all England bowlers have been to the Jade Dernbach school of death bowling.

Any thoughts on the 3rd test today??

I can't wait XD

Only dampener is the overbearing commentary style of Mark Nicholas.
    I bet channel 9 had no trouble nominating him to join supersport.
    Its like the guy gets paid by the word.
  • edited March 2014
    Cant believe youve managed to get this going. 

Few questions... Do you like money?

Do you like videos? 

;) 
  • edited March 2014
    Looks like all England bowlers have been to the Jade Dernbach school of death bowling. Any thoughts on the 3rd test today?? I can't wait XD Only dampener is the overbearing commentary style of Mark Nicholas. I bet channel 9 had no trouble nominating him to join supersport. Its like the guy gets paid by the word.
    Posted by ff55hh
    Ugh, Mark Nicholas.

Used to love the channel 4 cricketing coverage that he anchored, with Dermot off his rocker, Ian Bishop, Simon Hughes, & Sir Geoffery.

Can't stand him on the Aussie coverage though, but the Aussie comms in general do my nut in. Might as well listen to a group of Aussie fans talking about the game down the pub, they couldn't be more biased if they tried.

Michael Holding joining the coverage almost makes up for it.

Hope he hasn't left Sky for the English summers, the BS-ometer speaks volumes, we're struggling without him :(

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9pmhph&s=8#.UxHzKTrivIU

------------------

It seems sky rejected my image :(

Fair enough, it was a lobby from a rival site.

I managed 3rd from 2,001 runners in the $3, hyper turbo FTOPS event yesterday for $600, which has boosted Feb up from a 'good' month to a 'very good' month. Was 1.25k for first :(

Couldn't capitalise on it, no action on CAP last night. Just 3 tables, which is strange on a Friday, there has been 8+ going recently.

Spreadsheet updated, and rolls re-set ready for the start of March tomorrow.

First session of the month being on a Sunday probably means I'm going to spend a week or so digging myself out of a hole! :(

Can't wait for Saints v L'pool today, my fave 2 prem teams to watch. Hoping for a cracker.

• edited March 2014
    I'll get there, then probably fly through it all within a month again. When are you and your team off to Vegas btw? Everytime I have a spare 20/30 mins waiting for an mtt to open and I have a look in the HU sng lobby, I can guarantee 1 of team RTV will be waiting ! Do you work shifts? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not sure when/if Vegas will definitely happen more of a long term goal i'd say. Would love for it to happen ASAP though. Yes its certain one of us will be in the lobby at any given time of day we all have grinding issues! I see you have a spreadsheet to record all poker sessions and bets. I go through a more bets per weekend than i care to say and I find it hard to record bets when on a bit of a dry patch. However your spreadsheet looks quite tidy is there a way I can get a blank version of it?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Not sure when/if Vegas will definitely happen more of a long term goal i'd say. Would love for it to happen ASAP though. Yes its certain one of us will be in the lobby at any given time of day we all have grinding issues! I see you have a spreadsheet to record all poker sessions and bets. I go through a more bets per weekend than i care to say and I find it hard to record bets when on a bit of a dry patch. However your spreadsheet looks quite tidy is there a way I can get a blank version of it?
    Posted by nickd49931
    Alright Nick, Lambert made the spreadsheet for me. I've asked him to look at the thread and he'll arrange a way of getting a copy to you. Is it just the betting page you want or the whole thing?

*edit, pm him your email address.

---------------------

Got the month off to a good start again yesterday, winning a $1 turbo rebuy for $375.

Now that I have a record of results I'll start spotting patterns in my results, upswings/downswings etc. Most of which will just be co-incidental.

Over half of my yearly profit has come in 3 different sessions, the 2nd session in January, the 1st session in Feb and yesterday, the first session in March.

Normal to have big winning days inbetween a lot of small losses/break even days when playing mtts but strange (and good) that they seem to come at the start of a new month!

Momentum in poker is awesome.

• edited March 2014
    Welcome to tpt m8
  • edited March 2014

H'loooooo.

Mid month update.

More of the same really. Plodding along, on course for another 4 figure month.

Can't even remember where the profit has come from this month, which suggests it's just slow and steady unspectacular results. I'll take that.

Any motivation to move up levels has completely disappeared. The last missed shot has put me off for life this time. I'm quite happy with where I'm at, happy I can beat all formats at my stake level and it's providing steady results relatively risk free.

13 of the last 14 sessions have ended in a profit and bankroll is at an all time high. Whilst I don't play high stakes I'm not at the total micros either, I play enough to bring in a fair amount of dosh so it could be worse.

Was talking to Paul earlier about motivation and desire to improve and better yourself as a poker player.

It's obvious that I've long given up on that. Whilst I do a reasonable amount of strategy stuff (although not as much as I should) it's normally going over old ground and making sure that everything is up to scratch.

There's no real desire to go on and better myself and take it up a level. That would involve hard work, something I'm not very good at.

Was the same all the way through school/college/uni.

I always did well, but was probably 1 grade below what I could achieve if I gave it 100%.

meh, nevermind. Could be worse.

------------------------------

Had a disastrous Cheltenham.

I don't know anything about horses, I just take peoples tips. It has mixed results, sometimes I run good and follow the lucky tipsters, this time I ran bad and followed the clueless ones.

I placed £95 worth of bets, and only got a return from 1.

Think it paid £2.08.

Boooo.

World T20 begins tomorrow though, and I'll get it all back on Samual Badree to be the top wicket taker in the competition @ 40/1 (betvictor)

Thank me later ;)

------------------------------

Like the look of this new sng promo.

Whilst I hate it from the sites point of view and think they've got it totally wrong, from a players/punters POV it's brilliant.

Chance of a huge reward for very little work/effort.

Right up my street.

I'm pretty certain I've just cashed in the bronze leaderboard for £50 too. My first ever rake race cash! Blimey they must be excluding so many players from these now if even I'm getting a payment. Although I do have £50 locked in rakeback also already due to double points this week. That's a record for me at this time of month.

-------------------------

Hoping for more of the same this next fortnight.

Best of luck all on the Sunday grind.

• edited March 2014
    Really good post. Sounds like it's all going well for you. Long may it continue
  • edited March 2014

Thanks Jac.

I don't normally post mid session, but started 5 mins ago and had this 3rd or 4th hand in.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/7972374_FA2E122F00

If I can just keep running like this for the next 12 hours it'd be nice please pokergods.
  • edited April 2014
    Saw you in the lobby this evening briefly hows it been going? looking very tight down the bottom of the championship you reckon you will stay up? think Dickov has done a decent job?
  • edited April 2014
    Saw you in the lobby this evening briefly hows it been going? looking very tight down the bottom of the championship you reckon you will stay up? think Dickov has done a decent job?
    Posted by benc
    Yeah Donny have 2 tough games left too...Squeeky B um Time.
  • ommomm
    edited April 2014
    I noticed from another post that you have signed up to betting emporium. If you like a flutter then you could do a lot worse than follow most of their advice. One of the best out there. You certainly would have had a profitable Cheltenham (although you did have to pay upfront for their work). You may or may not also be a member of another forum, they have quite a good sports and betting section that offers up some good advice. I will not post a link but you may be able to work it out yourself. Did you know a lot of blondes play poker?
  • edited May 2014
    Pretty grim way for it to end for you. Happy Dickov appears to be staying?
    Poker? Still running good? 
    Doner or Shish?
  • edited May 2014
    Pretty grim way for it to end for you. Happy Dickov appears to be staying? .. Poker? Still running good?  .. Doner or Shish?
    Posted by Jac35

It was grim wasn't it. Stll struggling to believe it tbh, ever since Billy came back on loan I always felt we'd be ok, whilst we never really pulled away from the bottom 3 I always thought the situation was under control.

Even with 20 (and then 2) minutes of the season left, again it was too close for comfort but it felt like we'd be fine.

So dirty to end as it did, the opposite of last season.

I'd be pushed to even call myself a fan nowardays, I haven't been to a game for years. I was 25/30 games a season during the conference/div 3 years as well. But even I felt pretty sick watching that conclusion and for a couple of hours afterwards I was still whooooooshed by it.

<3 football!

Dickov? mehhhhh. No strong opinion either way really.

Think playoffs will be a good season next year, and I fancy him to deliver that. We were pretty poor 2 yrs ago and still managed to win league 1 so it shouldn't be too big an ask for him.
    --------------

Pretty much had last month off poker.

I have never really written much about real life stuff in here, but things going on there that meant I couldn't play more than 5 or 6 full sessions in April. Will be the same again in May and June, not sure after that.

Had the micro stakes challenge with Don. As I couldn't commit to big grinds at my usual stakes I thought it'd be a good idea to take him on using his bankroll, and his bankroll management and see who could make the most profit. I'd fit an hour in here and there as opposed to my usual all day sessions.

He thrashed me.

I thought I'd done well to more than double my roll at 1 point, before having to punt it in the last couple of days as he was still miles ahead.

gg £20.

Glad to see him doing well. Finally!!!!

------------------

Doner! Chicken preferably.

It's not even close.

Most people dnt mind abit of fat on their meat.

I personally prefer abit of meat on my fat.

Belly Pork ftw. NOM!

----------------

GL in't playoffs.

Fancy the winner of your game to win the final.

But then again I fancied Forest to finish 2nd 16 games ago.

They've only won 1 game since then.

There may be drama ahead.......