You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Still the best thread on Sky, congrats If you decided to play cash seriously on Sky, how much would you say you could make /month putting in good volume? 
    Posted by percival09
    Merci :) wb.

High praise, given the calibre of some of the threads around atm. Must've been close between me and lovejunky !

Not sure about the question because I'm not that clued up on the standard or the action etc. Just from talking to other grinders @ 20/30/40/50nl maybe 4 figures a month would be realistic.

-------------------------

Played a dull session yesterday.

Woke up early feeling great, wanted to do some more hyper study before breakfast, but I've just ran out of material.

Read back all the pages on 2+2, watched all the free videos available 2/3 times over, there's nothing left.

Think I'm going to have to fork out for a subscription :(

Poker was uninspiring. I crashed mid afternoon, felt really tired/jaded all of a sudden and auto piloted a lot of games.

Did have a fun hour rematching some Brazillian pervert fish @ $7s though.

I have a picture of a hot bird as my avatar on PS.

Obv get a lot of comments about it from fish opponents. When someone is really bad and I want them to keep playing me, I play along and pretend to be her.

This was a highlight from last night.

You know your winning the chatbox duel when the fish you are milking in the hope that he continues playing you offers to teach you how to play poker.

copps18xxx: I am not very good lol
    copps18xxx: sorry for bein lucky
    dê consoli.: no problem
    dê consoli.: but i can see that
    dê consoli.: i can teach u poker
    dê consoli.: if u wnat
    dê consoli.: want*

de console is the villain in this hand..........

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/9873041_92401BD73B

Fwiw I don't know why I'm shoving, was an example of how bad I was playing yesterday. Just not really thinking at all. Should've quit.

----------------

Anyway, he eventually felt I was getting on top and/or his money ran out, so I quit the session after that and decided to just play the sky turbo main/mini.

Got into the money in the main and mini went rubbish.

Heard about the HU sng promo so played a few alongside at the slower formats and won enough to ensure the day wasn't a total fail.

I'll be moving lots of volume back here for a fortnight, even if I do rubbish in the first 50 games, the action should be good enough to play a load back here.

Love the promo :)

-----------------------

So close to the end of Dexter now. It's gotten really good after the first couple of series which I thought were pretty dull and hard work.

But started on Orange is the New Black yesterday and that shall be taking over for the foreseeable future

Lesbians /> serial killers :D

GL all grinding today.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Merci :) wb. High praise, given the calibre of some of the threads around atm. Must've been close between me and lovejunky ! Not sure about the question because I'm not that clued up on the standard or the action etc. Just from talking to other grinders @ 20/30/40/50nl maybe 4 figures a month would be realistic. ------------------------- Played a dull session yesterday. Woke up early feeling great, wanted to do some more hyper study before breakfast, but I've just ran out of material. Read back all the pages on 2+2, watched all the free videos available 2/3 times over, there's nothing left. Think I'm going to have to fork out for a subscription :( Poker was uninspiring. I crashed mid afternoon, felt really tired/jaded all of a sudden and auto piloted a lot of games. Did have a fun hour rematching some Brazillian pervert fish @ $7s though. I have a picture of a hot bird as my avatar on PS. Obv get a lot of comments about it from fish opponents. When someone is really bad and I want them to keep playing me, I play along and pretend to be her. This was a highlight from last night. You know your winning the chatbox duel when the fish you are milking in the hope that he continues playing you offers to teach you how to play poker. copps18xxx: I am not very good lol copps18xxx: sorry for bein lucky dê consoli.: no problem dê consoli.: but i can see that dê consoli.: i can teach u poker dê consoli.: if u wnat dê consoli.: want* de console is the villain in this hand.......... http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/9873041_92401BD73B Fwiw I don't know why I'm shoving, was an example of how bad I was playing yesterday. Just not really thinking at all. Should've quit. ---------------- Anyway, he eventually felt I was getting on top and/or his money ran out, so I quit the session after that and decided to just play the sky turbo main/mini. Got into the money in the main and mini went rubbish. Heard about the HU sng promo so played a few alongside at the slower formats and won enough to ensure the day wasn't a total fail. I'll be moving lots of volume back here for a fortnight, even if I do rubbish in the first 50 games, the action should be good enough to play a load back here. Love the promo :) ----------------------- So close to the end of Dexter now. It's gotten really good after the first couple of series which I thought were pretty dull and hard work. But started on Orange is the New Black yesterday and that shall be taking over for the foreseeable future Lesbians /> serial killers :D GL all grinding today.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just to make you aware, it starts at midnight tonight.
  • edited July 2014

Christopher Woakes & Chris Jordan.

Congratulations England selectors, you've achieved your apparent goal of giving Captain Cook the most 1 dimensional bowling attack in Test match cricket.

Apparently 3 6ft tall, 84 mph, line and length bowlers isn't enough, we need 4.

------------

HUSNG promo gone rubbish.

Was 8 wins from 9 games.

Now 13 from 29.

Swings.

------------

Hyper experiment going mixed.

Orange line going up = Good.

Green line going down = Badddddddd.

------------

Very brave decision to bat first today.

Ummmm rarely have I ummmm wanted a ummm player to score runs more than I ummmm ummm ummm want Cook to ummmmmmmmmmm get some here.

• edited July 2014
    The first series of dexter was a bit slow but the 2nd season was awesome. 4th was the best season IMO. So where are you now? I thought it got steadily worse after season 4.
  • edited July 2014
    The first series of dexter was a bit slow but the 2nd season was awesome. 4th was the best season IMO. So where are you now? I thought it got steadily worse after season 4.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Dexter was finished a few days ago :(

There must be another series sometime in the future though ??? :D They can't leave it ending like that.

It was tough going early doors but from The Trinity Killer series onwards I thought it got better and better.

Lumen /> Hannah > Rita > Lila :D

I also liked the ending until the last 20 seconds, why couldn't they just leave us thinking he was dead! aghhhhh.

24 next .........................
  • edited July 2014

Last day of the month today so here goes with the summary.

Graph (click to enlarge)

http://imgur.com/XtvLYwp **** Link Fixed

The games are split evenly between $7s and $15s, with a handful of $3s and $1.50's thrown in when I had a short session experimenting 3 tabling.

I will probably donk about in mtts/bit of cash in todays session whilst watching England claim their first test victory in 11 matches, so I don't expect there to be m/any changes.

Observations

- As you might expect, there is a noticeable difference between 7s and 15s in terms of standard.

- I am a mental game fish.

I structure my sessions by starting on $7s, just to get the brain going and make sure I've remembered how to play.

The plan in a session is to play 10-15 or so at $7s, then move up to the next level if all is well.

What actually happens is, if I'm playing well and winning at 7s, I stay there way too long and don't leave enough time to play 15s. Even when I do move up to 15s after a good session at 7s, I heap too much pressure on myself, start playing/thinking differently and self imploding. Of course it's not a money issue, the numbers involved are tiny compared to what I'm used to (+/- $400 months) it's just a fishy mindset thing. I'm much more worried about my graph lines going down than my balance!

If I'm playing well and losing at 7s, I move up in a bad state of mind, feeling the pressure. This has negative effects on my performance, especially if I start poorly.

If I'm playing bad and losing at 7s, I move up on spewy donk tilt and play even worse, losing twice as fast.

So the idea of a 'warm up period' at $7s isn't really working out for me. I need to find an alternative way into sessions.

- I need to learn when to let go.

Rematches. Re-matching the same guy too many times when It's not going well.

I use a colour code system to tag fish, big/spewy fish, and then "omg does he even know the rules?" fish.

Within the colour code system there are of course specific notes that I make, but the initial colour code system helps with game/table selection.

I'm far too proud/stupid to give up re-matching anyone who has a fish tag, no matter how bad I'm getting crushed or how scrambled my head is. With such small edges, even a really bad fish can go on a run of 5/6/7+ wins. At this point my head goes, I stop thinking about how to exploit such an exploitative opponent, start instinctively clicking and gambling in high variance spots, and whatever edge I did have has now gone, and it's a 50/50 game for me at best.

It's another thing I need to work on, just typing "gg" before declining a rematch, take 4/5 minutes out and play someone else. There are plenty of fish so it's not like it's a big deal.

Some of the severe downward spikes on the graph could have been prevented. They're normally right at the end of a session too.  It's frustrating as they are very damaging to overall profit/roi. A lot of the downward spikes I can't do anything about. So I need to keep better control of the things I can control!

- I need to play more

Obv. 720 games is 300 short of my target. But that's not surprising with me.

-----------------------

I've mentioned a few times that there isn't that much free information out there for HU sng players wanting to improve. Not as much as there is for other formats anyway.

Teddybloat has written an article on sky that is as good as I've read anywhere.

If you play, or are wanting to start playing HU sngs it is a must read. Several times over.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum%3a596e7081-fff1-4103-8428-5d4d19736b09Discussion%3a214221db-3b07-41df-a2b3-d909c6821814

Good luck all closing out July!

• edited August 2014
    Pretty new to reading the forums and various diaries, must say I find yours very entertaining and interesting. 

I found your advice on playing micro cash tables has been super productive for me.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Neil
  • edited August 2014
    Pretty new to reading the forums and various diaries, must say I find yours very entertaining and interesting.  I found your advice on playing micro cash tables has been super productive for me. Keep up the good work. Thanks Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Thanks Neil, I'm glad it helped. 

There are many challenges for new players to overcome in order to progress. 

As well as learning the rules and the basics of how to play, the most difficult thing is getting into the mindset that playing against bad or other inexperienced players is a good thing for us. 

Lots struggle with it, as it inevitably leads to bad beats and frustrating calls from our opponents, which makes it tempting to move up to higher levels where players are thought to be more 'orthadox' as they are more experienced. 

The problem is if people are playing as well as or better than us, how are we going to win? 

Once the new players understand that playing against bad players is good, they're half way there. 

There are other things such as learning patience, discipline, understanding winrates and variance. 

There is also a very high house rake at micro stakes which means you don't need to just be a winning player to win, you need to be a big winning player. Again this will confuse and frustrate alot of players, but if you're aware of it and understand it, it'll stand you in good stead to deal with it, manage your frustration about your apparent lack of progress at certain times, and therefore overcome it. 

Good luck !

------------------

Poker so far for me this month has been slow. 

Only played a couple of short sessions, ran above ev both times and lost money both times. Not a good combo. 

I've noticed when I get into a prolonged series of games against an opponent, the longer the session goes the more I seem to struggle. 

I'm very happy/confident with my readless game, but the above suggests my opponents are better at adjusting to my tendencies than I am theirs. It might be too small a sample, and just the way the cards have gone, but it is a concern. 

Anyone fancy playing 10 or so games v me @ $1/3/7 hypers on PS/FTP? Just as a sort of experiment like then comparing notes after? We can 2 table so it shouldn't take longer than half an hour. Post or PM me. 

---------------

Footy season starts on Saturday, once again Donny go into it in turmoil, uncertaintly at board level right up to the start of the season, 75% of the first team has left and very little has come in. 

That 'sickkkkkk' ending to last season could well cost us 2 divisions. It's frightening to think our fall may be as dramatic as our rise in recent years. :(

Fancy United for the prem title, no Euro distractions is a big deal. Mata to be player of the year. 

-----------------

<3

• edited August 2014
    NOt read all thread YET!   BUT breaking news .....THeres gonna be a BRENT film!  FFS! Just when ya thot it was safe to go back to the Odeon!!!  ;-))

EDIT: when I say ALL I mean from where I last read!   p.s. Plunkett was ok then? Cook?  Sayonara?? 
  • edited August 2014

Not stalking you or anything LOL, but wanted to let you know I just won the Tuesday Turbo Main. 

Taken a lot of the things you have written on board, accepted the few beats I had, stayed patient, found spots and then ran well on the final table......happy days.

And thanks for a great read.

Neil
  • edited August 2014
    Not stalking you or anything LOL, but wanted to let you know I just won the Tuesday Turbo Main.   Taken a lot of the things you have written on board, accepted the few beats I had, stayed patient, found spots and then ran well on the final table......happy days. And thanks for a great read. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    You also should be thanking Jac35 seeing as he gave you all his chips :)

Wp Neil, nice result
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You also should be thanking Jac35 seeing as he gave you all his chips :) Wp Neil, nice result
    Posted by Jac35

LOL, it certainly helped a lot, sorry it happened to be you in that spot, read all about your great comeback as I was sat at bromleys table, when you guys were chatting......

and thanks I am delighted, I have final tabled a handful of biggies but this is the first I have actually won.

Neil
  • edited August 2014
    Not stalking you or anything LOL, but wanted to let you know I just won the Tuesday Turbo Main.   Taken a lot of the things you have written on board, accepted the few beats I had, stayed patient, found spots and then ran well on the final table......happy days. And thanks for a great read. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Congrats Jimmy. 

You've now won more main events than me and Jac put together 

When are you releasing your guide to sky poker tournaments plz? ;)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Congrats Jimmy.  You've now won more main events than me and Jac put together  When are you releasing your guide to sky poker tournaments plz? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL,  I will be available for seminars and presentations throughout October......... 

I ran well when it got down to the nitty gritty. :-)

Neil

• edited August 2014
    wd DOH on your dtd3 win yo go team outlaws
  • edited September 2014
    August carried on where September left off. I played 4/5 sessions in the first fortnight of the month....

August  (click to enlarge)

There was one session where I played a guy 30+ times in a row. 

It was at $15 games, it started around 11.30pm on Sunday 14th. 

By 2am, I was literally falling asleep on the mouse, mid game. 

He was a bad player, really bad. Or I'd have said wp gg alot sooner. He seemed keen to chase his money after I got ahead early, and was always the first to click the rematch button. 

Over a sample of 30 games you'll get momentum swings in hypers no matter what the ability of your opponent. So he kept having mini winning streaks of 2/3 games which a) kept him interested and b) ensured I couldn't get away and dominate him. 

After I was rudely awoken by stars dramatic "it's your turn" alert for the 2nd time, I had to call it a night. 

This was abit of a wake up call, in more ways than 1. 

I needed a break from poker. 

You know you're off your game and going through the motions when you're falling asleep at the mouse. 

The stats for the HU experiment from the beginning of July are below. 

I'm running above ev, but the expected profit line is also healthy, this for someone who was previously a losing player in these games is a good result for me, and shows how important working at your game is. Just a few hours study at the end of July has totally transformed my results and confidence in the games. 

I now consider it another poker hurdle overcome. 

I wont be moving up to $30 games. The jump between $15 and $30 is massive financially, not to mention the increase in standard. I'll pass, it'll just end in disaster like all my other shots. 

There was an intersting thread by Don this month (all his threads are worth reading, for 1 reason or another! never a dull one). Talking about moving up and 'finding your level'. 

I think I've found mine in all formats now, to move up any further at either one would take alot more hard work, dedication and commitment to the game. 3 words I'm allergic to. 

Overall since July 1st

So after the 14th I took almost a fortnight off poker, and returned over the weekend with a couple of cash sessions back on sky. 

Managed to 'book' wins of +10 buyins @ 20nl and then on Saturday +7 buyins at 30nl, making the profit on the month around the $1k mark for 7/8 sessions. ($'s for profit, £'s for loss will always be the rule itt!)

Must give a mention to tmt_tbe, I know he's a big fan of this diary. I'll try to update more often in Sept for u bud!

Poker goal for September is to win a pot post flop against craigcu12. It has to happen some day......

--------

I'm always keen to get 'winning tip' brags in. Don't get the chance very often, but when I do I make sure I take them. 

So it's only fair to balance it with a couple of recent shockers. 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Liam Plunkett to be the top (English) series wicket taker @ 9/2 (skybet) He's also the fittest and strongest of the England bowlersOf course we have no spinner to threaten the bet
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Got this about as wrong as I could get it. 

Our "fittest and strongest" bowler broke down after 2 games. 

And the spinner I wrote off as a nonentity ripped through the Indian middle order multiple times to end 2nd top wicket taker! 

Back to the drawing board. 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Fancy United for the prem title, no Euro distractions is a big deal. Mata to be player of the year. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

..........Not lookin good ..........................

I also lost out to 'the don' in Augusts manager of the month in the fantasy football comp we have running. 

Nightmare punting month all round. 

---------------

September brings the highlight of the sporting calander for me in The Ryder Cup.

Golf would be quite a way down on my list of favourite sports to watch, but as a 1 off event The Ryder Cup tops everything every other sport has to offer. 

It will have to go some to top Medina though . . . . . . . . 

*edit. (definitely worth editing!)

I know some people like a mix of poker and other stuff when reading diary updates. 

I don't have live poker stories to rival Jac, train knowledge to 'take on tikay' or stunning art work like dev. 

But after realising some sausages I bought were due to expire yesterday I had to cook them all and try to find ways of making them into nice food with little effort. 

Naturally, I asked google. 

And found this. 

Put me right off. 

GL all grinding in Sept. 

• edited September 2014

Just done a quick half hour hand review. (read through the big winning and losing hands whilst eating tea and toast. very intense!)

Only 1 of interest really.

Wont give reads because I don't understand them. They're more misleading than helpful when I post them anyway.

Player is unorthodox, some readers will be farmiliar with him.

All options open on the river?

Call? Fold? Shove?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    hipshooter Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.40
    Chrissy_C Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £44.18
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

KILEM Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £29.10
    veev Fold     
    thefozz Call  £0.90 £2.25 £23.16
    hipshooter Raise  £1.35 £3.60 £28.05
    Chrissy_C Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.60 £7.20 £25.50
    thefozz Fold     
    hipshooter Call  £3.00 £10.20 £25.05
    Flop

hipshooter Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.80 £15.00 £20.70
    hipshooter Call  £4.80 £19.80 £20.25
    Turn

hipshooter Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    River

hipshooter Bet  £9.90 £29.70 £10.35
    DOHHHHHHH
  • edited September 2014
    Good month for such small volume.  Well batted sir.
    I think you'll find that it was four words you used if you look back :) I'm way worse than you. Should study but don't study at all.

Live stories? 
    Come to Dublin with us. Sure there will be a few stories to be told after a weekend in Ireland, to be sure.
  • edited September 2014
    +17 cash BI over a weekend is immense... with that sort of winrate at NL20/NL30 that must put you in a place where you can earn almost as much from poker as you can from whatever job you are currently working.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little jealous lol

Congrats on a good winning month and all the best for September.

And as an average player that seemingly struggle to dump big hands, I think I probably sigh/spew call with the queens and hope to see a worse PP that has tried to eek out a bit of value from AK/mid PP (given they are unorthodox)
  • edited September 2014
    JJ.... job? .... lol

Fwiw, no1 on earth has a longterm winrate like that Shakin lol, not even close.

RE: The hand... If I'm calling then it's deffo not with a sigh, it's thinking I'm good almost all the time. Given your image and the fact you said he's unorthodox I think we can shove the river, but I'm deffo never folding.

Wp for Aug, did you manage to get a 1k sample for the HU games on Stars yet? Be pretty good if you venture back to the group to go through some of your cash hands from the weekend on a jme cos you got a vv different style to most regs, unless you just heatered like mad like, cos obv I already know you can do that ;)

P.S. When you tell me what you got in the chatbox and I continue betting, you're supposed to fold ;)
  • edited September 2014
    JJ.... job? .... lol Fwiw, no1 on earth has a longterm winrate like that Shakin lol, not even close. RE: The hand... If I'm calling then it's deffo not with a sigh, it's thinking I'm good almost all the time. Given your image and the fact you said he's unorthodox I think we can shove the river, but I'm deffo never folding. Wp for Aug, did you manage to get a 1k sample for the HU games on Stars yet? Be pretty good if you venture back to the group to go through some of your cash hands from the weekend on a jme cos you got a vv different style to most regs, unless you just heatered like mad like, cos obv I already know you can do that ;) P.S. When you tell me what you got in the chatbox and I continue betting, you're supposed to fold ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Overall since July 1st http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1o0rvd&s=8#.VAQdIfldWb8
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Probably did heater abit, well ofc I did. Only got stacked for 100xbb once I think and that was the hand above (I shoved). So I managed to avoid coolers. Or people played terribly when they coolered me.

Will be back in 2 weeks!

But the HH's aren't that interesting at all. I play different (bad?) so when reviewing them there wont be much for anyone to take from them. I aint gonna change and others certainly shouldn't copy so it seems abit of a pointless exercise!

Forgot about the AA hand! haaaaaaaaa. An example of why people really shouldn't copy!!!

@jac Ireland this year is a tad optimistic. I noticed you were flogging for it though.  As I was off poker for a lot of last month I went punting unsuccessfully on 2+2, backing self confessed weed addicts. I lost a fortune! Well, 30 quid. I am interested, but didn't see a buyin/price!

@ shakin, Lambert is right, I'd never be able to keep that up. I was only playing 3 tables the first session and 4 the next too. Which amplifies how well I ran. Everyone has 1 off golden sessions. I'll update after my next few and my overall winrate will inevitably regress.

Fwiw think 3 tables is definitely my optimal number. Used to think it was 4 but struggled abit with 4 the other night.
  • edited September 2014
    August carried on where September left off. I played 4/5 sessions in the first fortnight of the month.... August  (click to enlarge) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2egehsh&s=8#.VAQcufldWb8 There was one session where I played a guy 30+ times in a row.  It was at $15 games, it started around 11.30pm on Sunday 14th.  By 2am, I was literally falling asleep on the mouse, mid game.  He was a bad player, really bad. Or I'd have said wp gg alot sooner. He seemed keen to chase his money after I got ahead early, and was always the first to click the rematch button.  Over a sample of 30 games you'll get momentum swings in hypers no matter what the ability of your opponent. So he kept having mini winning streaks of 2/3 games which a) kept him interested and b) ensured I couldn't get away and dominate him.  After I was rudely awoken by stars dramatic "it's your turn" alert for the 2nd time, I had to call it a night.  This was abit of a wake up call, in more ways than 1.  I needed a break from poker.  You know you're off your game and going through the motions when you're falling asleep at the mouse.  The stats for the HU experiment from the beginning of July are below.  I'm running above ev, but the expected profit line is also healthy, this for someone who was previously a losing player in these games is a good result for me, and shows how important working at your game is. Just a few hours study at the end of July has totally transformed my results and confidence in the games.  I now consider it another poker hurdle overcome.  I wont be moving up to $30 games. The jump between $15 and $30 is massive financially, not to mention the increase in standard. I'll pass, it'll just end in disaster like all my other shots.  There was an intersting thread by Don this month (all his threads are worth reading, for 1 reason or another! never a dull one). Talking about moving up and 'finding your level'.  I think I've found mine in all formats now, to move up any further at either one would take alot more hard work, dedication and commitment to the game. 3 words I'm allergic to.  Overall since July 1st http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1o0rvd&s=8#.VAQdIfldWb8 So after the 14th I took almost a fortnight off poker, and returned over the weekend with a couple of cash sessions back on sky.  Managed to 'book' wins of +10 buyins @ 20nl and then on Saturday +7 buyins at 30nl, making the profit on the month around the $1k mark for 7/8 sessions. ($'s for profit, £'s for loss will always be the rule itt!) Must give a mention to tmt_tbe, I know he's a big fan of this diary. I'll try to update more often in Sept for u bud! Poker goal for September is to win a pot post flop against craigcu12. It has to happen some day...... -------- I'm always keen to get 'winning tip' brags in. Don't get the chance very often, but when I do I make sure I take them.  So it's only fair to balance it with a couple of recent shockers.  In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Got this about as wrong as I could get it.  Our "fittest and strongest" bowler broke down after 2 games.  And the spinner I wrote off as a nonentity ripped through the Indian middle order multiple times to end 2nd top wicket taker!  Back to the drawing board.  In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : ..........Not lookin good .......................... I also lost out to 'the don' in Augusts manager of the month in the fantasy football comp we have running.  Nightmare punting month all round.  --------------- September brings the highlight of the sporting calander for me in The Ryder Cup. Golf would be quite a way down on my list of favourite sports to watch, but as a 1 off event The Ryder Cup tops everything every other sport has to offer.  It will have to go some to top Medina though . . . . . . . .  *edit. (definitely worth editing!) I know some people like a mix of poker and other stuff when reading diary updates.  I don't have live poker stories to rival Jac, train knowledge to 'take on tikay' or stunning art work like dev.  But after realising some sausages I bought were due to expire yesterday I had to cook them all and try to find ways of making them into nice food with little effort.  Naturally, I asked google.  And found this.  https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080307012443AAT9NZ1 Put me right off.  GL all grinding in Sept. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Can you, or if Don is reading, PM me details of where to send the money.
  • edited September 2014
    I'll update after my next few and my overall winrate will inevitably regress.Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That didn't take long, yesterday did not go well!

Seems crazy saying this as I used to grind 6-8 tables profitably but I think 4 is too many now.

Played bad, way too spewy, lost track of where I was and what was happening in hands and was betting without any idea of why I was doing it.

It added up to a 2.5 buyin loss @ 30nl.

Here are a couple of highlights, the readers will love this one.
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £33.82
    ACEGOONER Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £44.76
    DODGY65 Sit out     
      Your hole cards

MadBosnian Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £33.07
    ACEGOONER Raise  £2.70 £3.90 £42.06
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.30 £10.20 £26.77
    ACEGOONER Raise  £13.80 £24.00 £28.26
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £26.77 £50.77 £0.00
    ACEGOONER All-in  £28.26 £79.03 £0.00
    ACEGOONER Unmatched bet  £11.09 £67.94 £11.09
    DOHHHHHHH Show

ACEGOONER Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

ACEGOONER Win Full House, Queens and 2s £66.14  £77.23
    In my defence the villain is one of the loosest players at this level he could easily show up with 9 high or worse here.

Seems a common theme Englishmen getting crushed by Indians this week!

This next one is a standard collision, but losing it convinced me it wasn't going to be my night. I was playing bad before it, and it could only have a negative effect on my game. So I could've got mullered if i'd played on.
    Crazyman67 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £18.95
    DODGY65 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £51.68
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £29.10
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    MadBosnian Fold     
    HAMMER268 Fold     
    Crazyman67 Fold     
    DODGY65 Call  £0.60 £1.95 £51.08
    Flop

• Q

DODGY65 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.20 £3.15 £27.90
    DODGY65 Raise  £3.38 £6.53 £47.70
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.18 £8.71 £25.72
    Turn

• K

DODGY65 Bet  £6.53 £15.24 £41.17
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £25.72 £40.96 £0.00
    DODGY65 Call  £19.19 £60.15 £21.98
    DODGY65 Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

River

• J

DODGY65 Win Straight to the King £58.35  £80.33
    Played some hu sngs on sky instead. Can't really play too loose at them, and tbf they started well. Recovered a lot of the cash losses.

Then ran into Thioch at £20s and I think he won 5/6 in a row to add an overall £30ish to the cash losses to make it a minus £115ish day.

Think that'll be it for this week now, just about to start a Netflix all nighter which will mean no poker tomorrow at least! 

@ Splashies, will try and contact Don.

@ Don if you're reading, contact Splashman. Or just confirm here that the details I have are still correct and I'll fwd em on.

well fluked :P
  • edited September 2014

Mid September....

Couple of strange things have happened since I last posted. 

Yorkshire have won a domestic cricket trophy, and I've final tabled a Sky Poker main event poker tournament!

YCCC are far and away the best team and deserved their success, they will go on to dominate 4day domestic cricket for the next decade. 

Unfortunately the same cannot be said about me and 8pm main events. 

Ive only played 3 sessions since the last update, the main final table being 2 Saturdays ago. 

I decided to buy in last minute, I'd started the 'session' abit later than usual, so thought I'd take the opportunity to play as I (hoped I) would be fine and alert enough to continue playing somewhere near my best come final table time. 

Alas, this wasn't the case. And we blew up in 4th at around 1.30am for £550ish iirc. 

I know Sky try to cater for people who work and have children etc by starting mains at 8pm. But what about people on all dayers!!! 6pm starts plz :P

Still it was a good day, a few other small cashes in lolevents made it +£600. 

Have followed that up with a 2nd in a £11 BH for £100 (after a 50 minute HU battle (ouch)) and a couple of solid HU sng sessions 

(all the volume has been on sky this month, no rolls anywhere else :(

HU SNGS Last 7 days 

This mini heater has got my skope up to its highest ever point again after a period of zzzz break even-ness. 

Lifetime 

The wins have been offset by a couple of dodgy mastercash sessions where I've played and ran bad, but all in all it's been a good month so far, up around £750 for 950 points worth of 'grinding'. 

--------------

As my sessions are really relaxed at the moment, with no pressure to 'grind' or play big volume or even concentrate 100%, I'm going to use skope to set a mini target for myself. I want to get it up above $25k. 

At least that will give my sessions a 'wee bit' of direction. 

I'm taking 10 or so days off again now, these mini breaks are not something I've done consciously before. But it's good to look forward to the next session rather than it being a standard thing to do. 

Will be back punting for $25k a week on Friday whilst watching the Ryder Cup!

------------

Have started watching the American version of The Office. 

It's addictively awful. Or should that be awfully addictive? So poor but I can't stop watching it.

I don't know if that means Gazza was right about it being good or not :/ 

Love Pam tho! She's way better than Dawn :D<3

• edited September 2014

The scheduled 10 day break didn't quite happen. 

I saw Matttbates was appearing on the show so decided to put in an impromptu session yesterday. 

The poker went well, managed to take down the 2pm £11 BH. 

DOHHHHHHH780001£78 + £55.52 Head Prizes6 
    oohaahmr0802£48.75 + £11.25 Head Prizes3 
    Jamie2103£29.25 + £23.16 Head Prizes4 
    GlobeCap04£21.45 + £3.75 Head Prizes1
    Due to people being obsessed with head prizes, the late stages of this comp plays really deep. 

We started the HU match around 45xbb effective. In theory this should suit me as I have more HU experience than most, but it almost got away again. 

25 minutes was spent grinding him down, he played a really volatile style, often making big overbet shoves in spots where he likely had decent equity. I never found a clear spot to call. 

Then I min raise the button with AK, and he shoves 30xbb.

This was the spot, finally. He'd walked on to 1. 

SNAP CALL! 

He shows 22. ughhhhh, drity flip. It's gotten away from me againnnnn. 

no help. 

8 ott. 

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. gg. :)

--------

So the race to $25k has started well. 

Profit required @ start of challenge = $2,017

Profit so far = $187

Required = $1,830

------

Was disappointed with the show schedule last night. 

When you have the most successful MTT player on the site on the show for 4 hours, as a 1 off, you'd have thought the producer would have crammed in as much MTT talk/strategy/theory/hand examples as possible. 

Putting pre flop coolers at 400nl deep in front of him is such a waste. They could've done that in the first hour.  

When I saw the line up for the show I decided to concentrate on the grind. So recorded it and shall be watching it tonight. Particuarly looking forward to the 2 hours of MTT chat. 

------

Things going nicely at the tables so may try to keep the momentum going with another session either Saturday or Sunday evening. Then definitely a break until next Friday. 

gl all playing this weekend. 

• edited September 2014
    shared a table with you in the semi last night. We both got there but i thought you were very passive compared to the DOHHHHHHHH that I'm used to. 

is this your usual sat style or were there other table dynamics at work. 

• edited September 2014
    dohhhhhhhhhh is a nit unless he is drunk ;)
  • edited September 2014
    shared a table with you in the semi last night. We both got there but i thought you were very passive compared to the DOHHHHHHHH that I'm used to.  is this your usual sat style or were there other table dynamics at work. 
    Posted by GELDY
    In sats I haven't much of a clue about what I'm doing. 

I very rarely play Sky main events, unfortunately after 10pm isn't a good time for me to play. I've never attempted to qualify for a big buy in live event either, so theres not really any need for me to play satellites at all, and therefore I've got limited experience :(

From what I've read on forums and heard people saying (as well as using common sense) I gather 'tight is right', so yes it's very much an a,b and occasionally abit of c strategy.  

But when tough spots come up later on, ICM based decisions, I would struggle. 

• edited September 2014
    Hi dohhhh. Terrible news about .fr yesterday :(:(:(

How is it going to affect you?
  • edited September 2014
    Hi dohhhh. Terrible news about .fr yesterday :(:(:( How is it going to affect you?
    Posted by goldnballz
    Hi GB. 

You seem really disappointed, you must play abit (and do well) over there?

I haven't played on either French site for a few months now. I won a few k on each one, but made the mistake of withdrawing money on a regular basis, just leaving a couple of hundred Euros in each account. 

Then a downswing hits, results dry up and the roll soon goes. 

Problem is it costs money just for me to re-deposit on those sites, so I didn't fancy re-investing, especially because I think the novelty kind of wore off...... 

When I first started there were very few 'foreign' players on the site, it was largely French people. 

But as word got around about how soft the games were, people inevitably signed up and the fields were unrecogniseable compared to when I first started. Abit like the mid stakes cash tables on Sky. 4 years ago when I first joined the average pot was like £20 on a 50nl table. 

Now you're lucky if you can find a table with an average pot above £2. 

I'm a very mediocre MTT player, I need alot of below average players in the field to have an edge, and this wasn't the case anymore. 

Still very soft compared to other sites online, but not soft enough for me to continue crushing as I did in the early days without significant improvement to my own game. Again something that takes time/effort/practise bla bla. zzz

So to answer your question, it wont effect me at all. 

--------

There was a competition on there that started at 11am our time. Perfect for my session. 

€2 rebuy, normally around €600 up top. 

I must've finished 10th - 20th in that around 30/40 times. 

I final tabled it 5/6 times too. 

Closest I came to winning, was the 1 time I got heads up. 

I had the chip lead and we got it all in pre flop. 

I was ahead on the turn, and lost to the river card, and then proceeded to lose the HU match and come 2nd. 

Literally 1 card away from winning the tournament that'd frustrated me day in day out for months. I really wanted it. 

I always thought 1 day I would go back and eventually take it down, law of averages and all that. But alas it seems it's never going to happen. 

Used to vent my frustrations to Lambert about this comp, as well as reccommending it to him as 1 of the softest fields in the World of online poker. 

So 1 morning when he had the time he gave it a go and took it down. 

So not only have I failed, I'll never be allowed to forget it ! 

Unbelievable Jeff.