You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

deep space

Comments

• edited October 2011
     Wooo Tommyd  a trail blazer if ever I saw one --------- A Yes     come fly with me leave the TK oldies behind and venture where no other has gone before. Eureka     
  • edited October 2011
     There are no more takers for this trip so count down will commence.   5  4  3  2  1  lift off.   The voyage commence.?

G force applied warp factor 5 mission in progress.!
  • edited October 2011

OMG  IM SO GLAD I MISSED IT, WELL  I WAS A BIT BUSY  TAKING  THE WIFE TO HEAVEN
     next time i may see you on your return,   nah    we will have been there and back,
     LET US KNOW IF YOU ACHIEVE  YOUR MISSION

tee hee
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: deep space:
     OMG  IM SO GLAD I MISSED IT, WELL  I WAS A BIT BUSY  TAKING  THE WIFE TO HEAVEN next time i may see you on your return,   nah    we will have been there and back,  LET US KNOW IF YOU ACHIEVE  YOUR MISSION    tee hee
    Posted by bludreid11
    Would that be "The Heaven" the Take-a-way down the road for a consolation meal to say sorry she missed the Launch as your Rocket wasn't powerful enough to take her all the way.?   Save it for Bonfire night plenty of dud fireworks then.?  We will soon be passing  "Titan"  and "Uranus" we will give you a wave,  shame you missed the boat Oops ship Oops "Star ship Enterprise" Voyage of a lifetime. Captain Log star date 06-9-20011
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: deep space : Would that be "The Heaven" the Take-a-way down the road for a consolation meal to say sorry she missed the Launch as your Rocket wasn't powerful enough to take her all the way.?   Save it for Bonfire night plenty of dud fireworks then.?  We will soon be passing  "Titan"  and "Uranus" we will give you a wave,  shame you missed the boat Oops ship Oops "Star ship Enterprise" Voyage of a lifetime. Captain Log star date 06-9-20011
    Posted by logdon

LOL
  • edited October 2011
     Bludreid11   Your last chance to follow in our trailblazing footsteps and join the new NASA recruitment scheme to find 12 new Astronauts to man the next mission to Mars.  Not quite (our ) mega adventure but for you a Jonathan Ross.  You will need a Bachelor's Degree from Uni and at least 6years training in weightlessness--- well uselessness will do, your sure to qualify  you must still be a Bachelor and never flown Virgin.!  Flat pack meals and Uniform supplied night out money for every day away and 1days holiday for every Sunday in space.  If your team make it ------ a free Mars bar for every crew member.?     Oops Marathon.!

The Blue Planet is far behind us now and all crew members are learning Dalek and Klingon.  
  • edited October 2011
    Warp factor 10 is engaged and we are on our way radio transmission will cease and -------------- bleep   bleep   bleep
  • edited October 2011
    i would still like to no what area 51 did with captain janeway of the star ship voyager
  • edited October 2011
    Bleep --- Bleep --- Bleep
  • edited October 2011

i dont think im a trailblazer   so i set fire to the trail.
    i checked with my uni, and yes i have a degree in being unhelpfull, uncaring and being useless ( 3 As )
    and 2Bs in selfishness and arrogance,i think i would be perfectly suited for your next mission.
    but i think i can bring more to the mission as im HANDSOME SAUVE, SMOOTH, DEBONAIR ,SOPHISTICATED, SLIM ,TRIM , TERRIFIC, ALL ROUND GOOD EGG AND FUN TO BE WITH AT PARTIES.

but alas im very shy, so i dont tell anyone.
  • edited October 2011
     Ha Ha  a truthful Useless Modest Man.      You are run of the mill but NASA are desperate.  Your Hired. 
  • edited October 2011
    ah  promotion, i now run the mill. wait till i tell everyone.
    and to think i thought my  degrees were useless,i knew that athsma would need my skills at some stage.

was it my polite way of talking to people or my modesty that swung it ????? i can imagine that out of the thousands of candidates for this position that my C.V. must have been outstanding.

now i will have to start to recriut employees for the mill, BUT WHAT DO WE MAKE???????

paper,steel ?? make sure that you give me this info so that i can get the proper people to man  the mill

this way they will never be desperate again
  • edited October 2011

ive had my first applicant, and i think hes perfect.
    he has a masters degrees in narcasism,bigotry and a BA in ignorance.
    hes usless to the enth degree, laziness is his middle name,could we ask for anyone more suited to the job ????

So ive started him as assistant manager. waiting on the next person who thinks he can measure up.
  • edited October 2011
    ah  promotion, i now run the mill.wait till i tell everyone. and to think i thought my  degrees were useless,i knew that athsma would need my skills at some stage. was it my polite way of talking to people or my modesty that swung it ????? i can imagine that out of the thousands of candidates for this position that my C.V. must have been outstanding. now i will have to start to recriut employees for the mill, BUT WHAT DO WE MAKE??????? paper,steel ?? make sure that you give me this info so that i can get the proper people to man  the mill this way they will never be desperate again
    Posted by bludreid11
    It will have to be a Flower Mill to make Bread we need dohhh to survive.   You should have no trouble recruiting employees as 99 out of 100 men have these Qualification. The one hundredth man is Cliff and he's perfect but sadly to old for such a hazardous journey. Take that Garry Barlow tho.? Your Mission should you accept it,  is to set up a holding station on Uranus for future missions en- route to strengthen our trailblazing first venture.  Or you could do as all other men do and phone in sick.!    
  • edited October 2011

i tried to support dooohhhhh, but alas he couldnt rise to the occasion. dont you think that cliff is a little young ???and as hes a batchelor boy im kinda worried about him.and  garry  who ??? i think you should leave the choice of staff to me.ive heard that uranus may be too large for our needs,so a smaller rounder planet such as pluto would be better suited,and get the characters we need to set up a holding station.

STAFF LIST SO FAR

me, and someone called ghengis mc cann, alexander the not bad,richard the cat heart
  • edited October 2011

ive had to reject a guy called  BRUTUS he was a bit of a back stabber, but VLAD  the impellor is now on the team
  • edited October 2011
    True Grit is needed plus take a Brat Pack  it's a long journey.   Richard sounds OK as long as his second name is not Orf.  The 9G centrifugal force test you and your men will need to endure to become NASA Astronauts is much like the sobriety test in the US or the Breathalyzer here in the UK after ten pints of Stella riding home on your pogo stick and being stopped by the thin blue line.  "Well Well Well what have we here". ! " Astronauts in training are we."?  If your looking for recruits then you are History.  We need a few good men to populate the new World not rouges to sent to populate Australia.   We need Ace men like --------------- Mmmm  don't know any.!   "Right back to the drawing board".?   

Bleep    Bleep     Bleep ------------------------------------------ Lightbulb moment.!        "We need more  Astroladies".?
  • edited October 2011

aahh  astroladies is it ????? well that will be easy,most women walk around with their heads in the clouds anyway.
    John wayne had the grit but alas hes on another trip,but sammy davies jnr has agreed to be our pilot.
    i have it on good advice that jack nicholson and tom criuse can be recriuted to be good men.

however ghengis mc cann passed the test after drinking 15 pints of the said beverage and passed the  breath test but failed on the pogo stick, when VLAD showed him a different way of using it. at present im scouring our antipodean register to see if there are any potential crew members.

ive interviewed a couple of "ladies" and i agree that it would be better, i gave them a shopping voucher and they were over the moon, so that would reduce the fuel load on our journey over uranus on the way to pluto.

ive discovered why pipers walk when they play the pipes, TO GET AWAY FROM THE F ECKIN NOISE
  • edited October 2011
     Oh dear,  you should never get tangled in the bags pipes,  not a place to be.  Screeching cat noises from haggis bags being squeezed by sweaty arms and someone blowing down your pipes to summon up the mating call of a back alley moggy would make anyone's legs buckle.  You must start  Drumming up support for this mission by having a highland fling and tossing your caber plus lifting your kilt to prove your a man worthy of a place on this NASA mission up the khyber pass and beyond.   X factor three yeses its not.?    Shopping Vouchers for happy shopping are OK   casting couch no no.  Austin Powers Say's Behave.!! 
    Are you aware the Astroladies will require WC seats to be left down during take off , flight, and landing. Any miss directed splashes on the seats by men to lazy to lift the seat and return it,  will be added to their drinking water supply. Its known as getting your own back or peeing into the wind. If you agree and still wish to be eligible for this mission then you have passed the first test. Well done.!!
  • edited October 2011

my mum would be so proud of me now, ive passed a test.
    but being squeezed by sweaty armpits, and blowing down someones pipe, and making screeching cat noises, ???????????? could be a job for our ASTROLADIES.
    we have tried tossing our cabbers,and yes  even up the pass,ageways.but to no avail.
    we did try the casting couch,but all our applicants were hungry,and needed taken out to eat and drink before they became compliant.and as far as the toilet seat is concerned, gravity will ensure its safe enplacement in the down position, however, most of our LADY applicants did not want to sucumb to the forces of gravity. but all of the male people did. ( i have no idea why )

IVAN ( the quite bad,) has told me he has a new strategy,our new forward base could be in uranus, were sending a probe to see if there is a soft spot, it may not be receptive to our first contact, but  ????????????????????????????????????????????
  • edited October 2011
     I believe its a very tight hilly Planet with gusty winds and strange noises, men being the most suited to this environment plus also needing a Rocket up there to get them moving and motivated if base camp is to be established.

Hal 2000 has been a naughty boy switching off life support systems and jeopardizing the hole mission we are in the process of shutting him down and he's crying like a baby.   Typical male. tut tut 

Bleep     Bleep   Bleep --------------------- 
  • edited October 2011

having read your report about uranus,i dont think it would be a suitable place to send a probe.
    we have tried prepping it with something called H,but we had a bad encounter with some KLINGONS.
    VLAD had an idea that if we were to cover uranus with cloth it may help, but no matter which coulor we used uranus still looked big.we are still trying to recriut astroladies,but they cant agree on a coulor scheme for the uniform.Ghengis mc cann,alexander" the not bad" have a cunning plan for the future, no details have been given yet, but im assured its very cunning, further info to be posted soon.

BLEEP  BLEEP
  • edited October 2011

WE HAVE A PROBLEM.
    i went into the sleeping quarters, there were cloths spread all over the place, and noboby had anything clean to wear. even worse when i went to the kitchen, NO FOOD.
    were having a staff meeting to work out why this is happening.
    Also in the living quarters, there was dirty dishes spread on the tables, the floor and even on the television.
    i think i must be turning into a vampire, i looked in the mirror, and could just see a reflection,couldnt make out if it was me or not.

it maybe that weve hit a strange space/time differential but im not sure.

SEE IF YOU CAN HELP OR EVEN ADVISE US ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM.
  • edited October 2011
      Astrodummy,   You have drifted off course and are in the Planet SOLAR SYSTEM STELLA-ARTOS sleep it off then phone Rent a Maid or in your case  "Rent a kill." !   You Rat.?   A tidy Ship is a Happy Ship so get Ship shape or Ship out.  There is supposed to be "nothing" a Man cant do and that is correct he can do nothing properly. Simple task made more difficult by male stupidity and tunnel vision. The AstroLadies are complaining of laddish behaviour and drunkenness rude remarks and ogling.    Thank goodness they never called a Planet "BEER" or you would have ended up there.  This is what happens when you send Dumb & Dumber to do the job any 4year old could walk.   Was your choice of one personal Item to take with you -------- your Dummy. ?  

Can I help certainly  ------------------------sending Cruise Missile put your fingers in your ears.   I said your ears.!  What ever.?

Bleep   Bleep  Bleep  ----------------------
  • edited October 2011
    Where are you Muppet.?     NASA are not happy with you as Richard Branson ( the thorn in BA,s b side ) has opened his own Space Station and is hot on our heels.   Yes I did see him in high heels not a pretty sight.!  He has already amassed a Crew and paying, yes,  paying Passengers for his flights into Space.  He has even had the cheek to call his Space Ship VSS Enterprise and knows all the Stars taking Astroladies for a Virgin ride.  If your thinking of jumping ship and joining him your transfer fee has been set low due to your incompetence.  You will be our Trojan Horse a spanner in his works to slow him down and restore our initial advantage in this space race. Pack your bags. Muppet.?
  • edited October 2011

ha i knew he would fall into our trap.i told you that we had a cunning plan, we caught wind of the nasty branson plan, so thats why we had to APPEAR to be so slovenly,the man himself came and tried to recriut us to man his mission,and offered us money to come onto his team.VLAD made sure that there wont be any virgin astroladies,and he will have to change the name of his company.but we did allow sammy davis jnr to sign on as his pilot. V.S.S will stand for very slow ship,as weve set back his first flight by years.

Now to the problems at hand, the full crew list and where the forward base should be situated.
    i dont think uranus will be a suitable site, even when we covered it, it was big, and in bad light it looked huge. 
    so no matter what material,or any coulor it was just BIG.

all the crew agree that because they will be away from human contact for some considerable time,and that you as our leader should supply us with an insparational speech, something to inspire the troops as they toil in these dark and lonely times.
     BLEEP  BLEEP
  • edited October 2011
     Inspirational Speech -----------   It is a far far better thing I do today than I  have ever done before. CHOP.
  • edited October 2011
    you 2 are driving me into outer space
  • edited October 2011
    Trish my Astrolady  woo hoo what personal item would you bring on our Intergalactic Journey.??