You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited April 2012
    In Response to bets:
    1st bet - 1st win - just wish i,d had more than £3 on it as it was a gr8 price in what was essentially a 2 horse race Got £3 on Mike Weir at 7,s in the 1st round 3 balls as well but not seen how he,s doin so far 04 Apr 12 / 19:21 Single 1   Tiger Woods - Sang Moon Bae - Miguel Angel Jimenez  –  1st Round 3 Balls Miguel Angel Jimenez @ 7/2 – £3.00 O/1748403/0000130/F
    Posted by MP33
    Hes 2 over after 10

http://www.majorschampionships.com/masters/2012/scoring/index.cfm

click the + by the players name that you wanna follow and it puts them all to the top for you so its easy to follow them
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: bets:
    In Response to bets : Hes 2 over after 10 http://www.majorschampionships.com/masters/2012/scoring/index.cfm click the + by the players name that you wanna follow and it puts them all to the top for you so its easy to follow them
    Posted by shuv
    Cheers Shuv

Stallings going well at 1 under -(still between 100-1 and 359-1)  Almost backed Bubba but changed mind after his attitude on euro tour last year
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (MASTERS WEEK!) Years Profit: -£64.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (MASTERS WEEK!) Years Profit: -£64.00 : you know i was thinking same thing in re to scott stallings!! not to win it outright but ill be having a dabble at first round leader e/w @ 250/1
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    GL m8 - think he needs birdie on the last for each way - currently 2 under
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to bets : Hes 2 over after 10 http://www.majorschampionships.com/masters/2012/scoring/index.cfm click the + by the players name that you wanna follow and it puts them all to the top for you so its easy to follow them
    Posted by shuv
    Cant complain - 3 way split in the end - they all finished on par. Ona frerrol now
    2012-04-05
    23:22
    191843896182012-04-04
    19:24
    US Masters 2012 1st Round 3 Balls / 17:47 Simpson / Mike Weir
    Back
     8.003.00Won 5.00
    had 1 more bet
    BackYour
    Odds
    Your
    Stake
    Your
    Profit
    Webb Simpson100£2.00£198.00
    couldnt resist 1 last bet - i know he messed up on 18th but if he can get his head str8
    BackYour
    Odds
    Your
    Stake
    Your
    Profit
    Henrik Stenson170£2.00£338.00
    Ref: 19202806341 Bet placed: 23:43 05-Apr-12
    very last bet
    BackYour
    Odds
    Your
    Stake
    Your
    Profit
    Hunter Mahan50£2.00£98.00
    EDIT - read good things about him on here - its still close so considering he is 100-1 at a cpl of bookies this is deffo my final bet unless i start laying bets already placed
    BackYour
    Odds
    Your
    Stake
    Your
    Profit
    Jonathan Byrd435.7£2.00£869.40
  • edited April 2012
    had £2 ew  @ 80/1 on hanson 1st rd leader got money back on bets placed anyway
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone got a link for amen corner? as the live coverage doesn,t star till at least 7pm

They used to have it on interactive but cant see it

Cheers
    MP

edit - found one

had 2 more bets £ 3 on Luke Donald at 65/1 and £2 on Dufner at 16,s

Edit - 1 more on Peter Hanson at 84/1 £2 win
  • edited April 2012
    jacobsen 250/1 ew worth a shiiling

• edited April 2012
    Had a little bet on Bubba Watson as well after the 1st round. I was worried if he could control his ball in these tight holes, but he seems to be doing well and he has the length and the swerve to deal with all these dog legs.

£10 @ 16/1
  • edited April 2012
    I did exactly the same with Bubba and stuck a fiver on him at the start of the 2nd round.

My original pick of Sergio Garcia is looking quite good after 36  holes but not confident he can play 36 holes without 1 really bad hole. Saw an interview earlier and he said he wasnt sure if he was ready to win the Masters yet.
    Justin Rose is playing steady and is 5 behind so needs to shoot a 66 or 67 today to really get him in the mix.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (MASTERS WEEK!) Years Profit: -£64.00:
    Had a little bet on Bubba Watson as well after the 1st round. I was worried if he could control his ball in these tight holes, but he seems to be doing well and he has the length and the swerve to deal with all these dog legs. £10 @ 16/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I hope so Flash i've got him at 45/1 £5 e/w.....come on Bubba :-)
  • edited April 2012
    jacobsen 250/1 ew worth a shiiling
    Posted by dunkyg
     i put 2ew @ 200/1 on him and HANSON looking good i hope as my main bet
  • edited April 2012
    i had mcdowell hes out the hunt but got bubba at 40s come on bubba
  • edited April 2012
    Asked my mate whos big on golf (but doesnt bet) who the winner would be, he predicted Oosthuizen, of course i didnt listen backed 5 other golfers and none have a chance, so just had £20 on him @ 6/1 to give me some interest today.  Also had £2.50ew on Mahan @ 25/1
  • edited April 2012
    I've gone for Westwood to finish top 3 £10 @ 7/2. Prob stick 2 or 3 on the nose too incase he pulls of a miracle.
  • edited April 2012
    I've gone for Westwood to finish top 3 £10 @ 7/2. Prob stick 2 or 3 on the nose too incase he pulls of a miracle.
    Posted by splashies

If anyone can catch Mickleson it has to be Westwood although suprised at the lack of bets on Mickleson considering his recent record here

I was cursing Peter Hanson yesterday on the 18th as i still have about 3 players on -4 (Mahan, Stenson and Westwood) until i remembered i put £2 sometime the day before on him to win at 84,s. Just needs a good startand hold his nerve
  • edited April 2012
    Hoping the 16-1 E/w I got on Oosthuisen comes up for me cause my earlier bets aren't going to come up

Father V
  • edited April 2012
    God this is getting tense

Wilco40 and dubmaster

v

shuv and vaigret

LOL
  • edited April 2012
    and flash flush and alfie against us
  • edited April 2012
    it pains me to say it but Bubba deserved that after that shot into 10

bu gg er
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (MASTERS WEEK!) Years Profit: -£64.00 : I hope so Flash i've got him at 45/1 £5 e/w.....come on Bubba :-)
    Posted by wilco40
    BOOM nice one Bubba thanks very much :-)
  • edited April 2012
    Very nice win Wilco! Well done :-)

Already looking to the next major, Westwood will definitely be my bet, I might put quite a tidy amount on him and no1 else. He is clearly going to spend months working on his putting, I wouldn't be suprised to see him come out with a belly putter in his next tournament.
  • edited April 2012
    Nice one Wilco. Had a bet on Bubba after 1st round so made a profit for the week.
    Westwood must be really kicking himself as he left so many shots out on the golf course.
    On his day and his putter is working at even  80% he will start winning big.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks gents.  I agree with Westwood as he will be working like a maniac on his putting and if gets that together with his phenomenal iron play then I think he will be unbeatable.  Also I think Mcilroy will have something to prove after his collapse again at Augusta.

Westwood for our Open.  When can I get odds on that?
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone got a link for amen corner? as the live coverage doesn,t star till at least 7pm They used to have it on interactive but cant see it Cheers MP edit - found one had 2 more bets £ 3 on Luke Donald at 65/1 and £2 on Dufner at 16,s Edit - 1 more on Peter Hanson at 84/1 £2 win
    Posted by MP33
    What a muppet - How can he say he was happy in his interview after last round. No scandanavian has ever won a major (or the masters) and all he had to do was shoot 2 under and he,s have won it ouright. He,ll probably never get a chance like that again. Don,t think it helped him playing with Phil Mickleson. Its almost like playing an away match at football
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: bets : Cheers Shuv Stallings going well at 1 under -(still between 100-1 and 359-1)  Almost backed Bubba but changed mind after his attitude on euro tour last year
    Posted by MP33
    Damm - He actually seems like a decent bloke as well. Nice bets Wilco and Flash - Gr8 shot on play off hole

Finished £24 in profit overall due to £10 offer for Brittish and Irish players finsihing in top ten and a cpl of 3 balls in 1st round but could have been much much  better.

Westwood for the Open at Lytham. Anyone going?

Edit - Looking at the above posts i can,t see him being a gr8 price
  • edited April 2012
    Rory Mcllroy 13/2 Rickie Fowler 110/1 Ryo Ishikawa 200/1 Matt Kuchar   55/1 Peter Hanson 175/1 Done them all e/w
    Posted by wynne1938
    Nice little return of £44
  • edited April 2012
    bit harsh callin Hanson a muppet, hes a top bloke!  he was always gonna shoot over par yesterday im just glad he held on for 6th fer me pal who backed each way ante post @ 150/1. he was truly phenomenal saturday night.

bo van pelt shot a wonder round yesterday, ill be backing him again for this next year, if the greens are fast from the start he's a great shout.

padraig in the open will be my leading fancy at the mo as long as he can remain in form. another who was excellent over the weekend.

us open - dustin, watney and fowler at the mo for me. fowler a big price @ 80's for me.

well done to all bubba backers, id put line through him for reasoning if he was there at the business end he'd bottle it. showed me. thoroughly humble chap also well done him
  • edited April 2012
    Well the Masters was a disaster for me. However, it's onwards and hopefully upwards...

PGA Tour - The Heritage

Quite a tight tree-lined course this week with fairly small greens. So good accurate ball strikers were on my list.

Webb Simpson @ 22/1 - Fits both the categories I'm after this week. Came T14th here last year too

Bryce Molder @ 50/1 - Top 5 in both driving accuracy and Greens In Reg on tour this season, which is very impressive and perfectly suited for this week.

European Tour - Malaysian Open

Tonnes of water hazards this week which is always fun to watch. Not the longest of courses too.

Nicolas Colsaerts @ 16/1 - His length can destroy the course (providing he avoids the water hazards!)

Joost Luiten @ 40/1 - Similar to Lee Westwood in that he is immense from tee to green. Just fingers crossed he can sink a few putts and 40/1 will be a big price.

EventPickOddsStake
    The HeritageWebb Simpson22/1£2 win
    The HeritageBryce Molder50/1£1 e/w
    Malaysian OpenNicolas Colsaerts16/1£2 win
    Malaysian OpenJoost Luiten40/1£1 e/w
     4 x e/w doubles £4.00
  • edited April 2012
    My Picks, general rule of thumb, ignore my European tour bets but copy my PGA tour bets lol...

European tour

Nicolas Colsaerts - £10 @ 16/1
    Gregory Bourdy - £10 @ 50/1
    Matteo Mannessero - £10 @ 14/1

PGA Tour

Kevin Na £10 @ 28/1
    Freddy Jacobson £7.90 @ 50/1 (Odd amount in my account)
    Jeff Overton £10 @ 45/1

All win only!
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks gents.  I agree with Westwood as he will be working like a maniac on his putting and if gets that together with his phenomenal iron play then I think he will be unbeatable.  Also I think Mcilroy will have something to prove after his collapse again at Augusta. Westwood for our Open.  When can I get odds on that?
    Posted by wilco40
    Check out oddschecker.com u can get prices 12 months in advance on most sporting events.