You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Was gonna go for Furyk but his price is too short for me so going for Baddeley and Na £2.50 e/ew both @33/1.
    GL
  • edited April 2012
    Gl the Na backers tonight.

Mine have flopped again. Looks like being a tough final round. I've stuck £8 on Zach Johnson @ 6/1 for interest really. We've seen so many leaders have bad final rounds this year.
  • edited April 2012
    Im having a such a bad year at golf betting. I'm going to try extra hard this week. Will post up picks by tomorrow morning.

• edited April 2012
    I'm going to have a mega long session picking the players this week as well. Having a horrible downswing in poker, and binking a golf win is always a nice recovery tool!
  • edited April 2012
    European Tour - China Open

Nicolas Colsaerts - Kind of have to back him this week. He gave me my first win last year in this event. He's in decent form too.

Danny Willett - Hopefully Danny will start to show his full potential soon and it could be this week. He came T7th here last year, along with a top 3 finish last week.

PGA Tour - Texas Open

Fredrik Jacobson - Runner up here in '10 and a T5th last year.

Charley Hoffman - Runner up here last year and T8th last week.

EventPickOddsStake
    China OpenNicolas Colsaerts16/1£1 e/w
    China OpenDanny Willett55/1£1 e/w
    Texas OpenFredrik Jacobson22/1£1 e/w
    Texas OpenCharley Hoffman25/1£1 e/w
     4 x e/w doubles £4.00
  • edited April 2012
    OK here goes. Tried to pick out the value in the long shots, some players here deserve to be a lot shorter than they are!

Volvo China Open

Michael Hoey : 4 wins on tour including 1 last month. Didn't have the best week last week missing the cut, but that should be a good kick back to earth he needs, and I expect a good return this week - 80/1 is massive

Tano Goya : Aggressive player, can easily shoot low on courses that arn't too challenging, the winning scores in this event are normally pretty low so if he makes the cut, I expect him to be challenging. 80/1

Marcel Siem : Thought I would never ever in a million years put money on this guy. Last year he seemed to come last along with Fasth every week, but this season seems to be the opposite, in some good form and will challenge 60/1

TEXAS OPEN

K.J Choi : Getting into the major's part of the season and normally where he starts to play his A game. Not a great field this week and will start 1 of the favs 25/1

Harris English : Very promosing young player, I think he needs a week like this with most the big players taking a break, so he can shine through. Capable of going very low, he just needs it all to fall into place. 40/1

Brendan De Jong : Similar to English (Apart from the age) can go very low, or can also go very high. Started the season well, been in a bit of a slump, but seems to be picking it up now. 66/1 

All £5 e/w apart from KJ who I have gone for £5 win only.
  • edited April 2012
    China Open
    Peter Hansen 14/1  Brett Rumford 125/1 1ew

Texas Open
    JB holmes 28/1  Ryan Moore 40/1 1ew    plus 4x25p ew doubles
    gl all
  • edited April 2012
    Gone for Wagner,Weekley and Walker @ 25/1 33/1 and 50/1 for £3 win,£3win and £2 e/w.
    No reason other than they all begin with W and I cant pick a winner at the best of times but in this field nigh on impossible.If Kuchar or Choi bring there "A"game one of them should walk it but I don't think they will be that bothered.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (China Open + Texas Open) Years Profit: -£116.75:
    Gone for Wagner,Weekley and Walker @ 25/1 33/1 and 50/1 for £3 win,£3win and £2 e/w. No reason other than they all begin with W and I cant pick a winner at the best of times but in this field nigh on impossible.If Kuchar or Choi bring there "A"game one of them should walk it but I don't think they will be that bothered.
    Posted by jackda
    You have to remember though, these guys are professionals, its their job/income to play well, as well as all the pressure fom their sponsors, if they were to be seen as "Not bothered" I think it would cost them a lot more than prize money.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (China Open + Texas Open) Years Profit: -£116.75:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (China Open + Texas Open) Years Profit: -£116.75 : You have to remember though, these guys are professionals, its their job/income to play well, as well as all the pressure fom their sponsors, if they were to be seen as "Not bothered" I think it would cost them a lot more than prize money.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ok,maybe "not bothered" wasn't the right way of saying it.What I mean is I don't believe they have entered this because they really want to win it.Of course if they are there come Sunday they'll be trying their hardest,but you have to remember they are contracted to play certain tourneys and in some cases get appearance money to do so and that is the real reason they are there.
    Also,they are in the middle of the major season so I think they sometimes use the little tourneys to tune their game,but like I say just my opinion and come Sunday I genuinely hope Choi wins for yer if mine cant.
    Gl anyway
  • edited April 2012
    What were his parents thinking!!

• edited April 2012
    Gone for (again) Coatzee this week in China, Wagner in the US. Blinked a nice win last week on Petersson. Though as I only jumped on him after the 2nd round I didn't flag it on here as a win. Gotta thank Rosjim for it really lol. He had a tenner on national winner and I went to pick it up whilst on a break the GUKPT event. Whilst there I spotted Petersson was 6/1 for The Heritage, and I thought that was big given he was in 2nd place in a weak field. So I added £60 to his winnings and stuck the £400 on him. Within 7 holes he was trading odds on having birdied 5 of them. Nice!! I was gonna pay Jim back from my National winnings, but after the debacle at Bet Fred's (see Bet Fred are a joke thread), obviously I couldn't lol. Cue trip to the cash point. That added to the fact I scored for 25% of Rosjim's GUKPT bink (we have same share at live events). What a weekend it was!!
  • edited April 2012
    cameron tringale (or Tri-angle as I call him) 45's 1 pt e/w
    roberto castro 150/1  0.25 pts e/w
    bobby gates 175/1  0.25 pts e/w
  • edited April 2012
    Gone for
    China Open.   Chris Wood. £2.00 E/w
    Texas Open.   HarrisEnglish £2.00 E/W

And 1.00 E/w Double
  • edited April 2012
    Good luck.

Good to see lots of you involved this week!

Surely 1 of us will win!
  • edited April 2012
    Does anyone know what has happened to Tano Goya? They have a Estanislao Goya in the field but I think that's his brother? Did he withdraw?

• edited April 2012
    Does anyone know what has happened to Tano Goya? They have a Estanislao Goya in the field but I think that's his brother? Did he withdraw?
    Posted by FlashFlush

I'm 90% sure they are the same person.

If you look on european tour website. The players tab, scroll down for Tano Goya....and it comes up as Estanislao Goya.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah okie dokie. Only Siem has had a good day for me then lol

I'm sure he was always called Tano on there before, otherwise I wouldn't of recognised his name!
  • edited April 2012
    Looking good for you at the moment Splashies me old fruit!
  • edited April 2012
    ^^^ Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please dont bok me!

It makes a change for me to still have interest over the weekend!

• edited April 2012
    HAHAHA.
    Chris Wood my pick for the China Open was +1 after 1st round gets to -2 then gets a 9 (nine)
    on the par 5 18th and i guess will miss the cut.

Gotta shout out for Harris English
  • edited April 2012
    HAHAHA. Chris Wood my pick for the China Open was +1 after 1st round gets to -2 then gets a 9 (nine) on the par 5 18th and i guess will miss the cut. Gotta shout out for Harris English
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Good early start to rd2. 2 birdies in 1st 2 holes! COME ON!!
  • edited April 2012
    Had a late bet on Brandon Grace at 5/1 ew
  • edited April 2012
    Half decent chance of picking up the 10/1 place money. Need Branden to fall from grace to have any chance of scooping the full 40/1 monty. 
  • edited April 2012
    Had a late bet on Brandon Grace at 5/1 ew
    Posted by wynne1938
    Returns £41.25.
  • edited April 2012
    Very well done wynne! Shame Colsaerts couldnt quite pull it off.

Just stuck £2 on Huh to win @ 10/1. Only 3 shots of the lead!
  • edited April 2012
    Very well done wynne! Shame Colsaerts couldnt quite pull it off. Just stuck £2 on Huh to win @ 10/1. Only 3 shots of the lead!
    Posted by splashies
    Ah soo close. He probably should have won it imo.

Great par putt from Curtis on the 17th!
  • edited April 2012
    Can't see past Adam Scott on the European tour this week. He only normally plays the big events and is consistantly challenging. With a field like this he should win with his eyes closed.

PGA tour, I'm going to stick with Keegan Bradley. He has to win again soon surely...??
  • edited April 2012
    European Tour - Ballantines Championship

Alex Noren - T6 last week in China along with a T5 in this event last year. Seems to be finding his form again.

Marcus Fraser - Also a top 6 finish last week and has won on Korean soil in 2010.

PGA Tour - Zurich Classic

Graeme McDowell - Has notched 4 top 15's on tour this year from only 6 starts and had a decent Masters too.

Cameron Tringale - A top 20 here last year and is in decent form with 2 top 10's in his last 2 events.
    EventPickOddsStake
    BallantinesAlex Noren28/1£1.75 e/w
    BallantinesMarcus Fraser40/1£1.75 e/w
    Zurich ClassicGraeme McDowell30/1£1.75 e/w
    Zurich ClassicCameron Tringale60/1£1.75 e/w
     4 x e/w doubles £4.00
  • edited April 2012
    Noren is a good shout actually. I've done £5 e/w @ 30/1 (Skybet)