You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Espana + Wells Fargo) Years Profit: -£124.50:
    Yes if i pull of this double then the drinks are on me! Going to be tense watching Webb later.
    Posted by splashies
    Good luck man
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Espana + Wells Fargo) Years Profit: -£124.50:
    Yes if i pull of this double then the drinks are on me! Going to be tense watching Webb later.
    Posted by splashies
    gl,even though will be gutted as backed simpson and watney last week hope he wins for yer
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks guys, Webb was very poor today. Still made some nice money this week. Westwood sneaking a place too means that 2 of my place doubles came up too. Not sure how much I've won just yet. Hopefully i'll be in the black for the season now.

Will update in the morning.

Well played Rickie, deserved the win purely for how he played the 18th, 2 stunning hits to setup the birdie.
  • edited May 2012
    Really looking forward to The Players Championship this week. Will post my picks up on Tuesday.
  • edited May 2012
    Can't believe the amount of times I've backed Fowler I've let him go un touched when he's won!!! Hope Mr Coatzee doesn't do the same to me. 
  • edited May 2012
    European Tour - Madeira Open

Very weak field this week. Also first time this course has been used for 4/5 years for this event, so cant really use course form to make my picks. However, i think iv picked out two guys who represent decent value this week and are more than capable of winning in this weak field.

Carlos Del Moral - 50/1
    Phillip Price - 60/1

PGA Tour - Players Championship

I'm going to stick with Westwood for another week here. He had an amazing 3rd and 4th round last week, managing a top5 finish after barely just making the cut. Once again all depends how his short game fares.

Finally, it's Graeme McDowell. He was in well in contention last year until the final round where he shot a 79. A very juicy price here.

Lee Westwood - 14/1
    Graeme McDowell - 70/1

Also done the obligatory 4 x e/w doubles

Good Luck all.
  • edited May 2012
    Madeira Islands

Jose Fillipe Lima - 80/1
    Ricardo Santos - 80/1

Players Championship

Rory Mcilroy - 10/1
    Freddie Jacobson - 100/1
  • edited May 2012
    Think Westwood has a great chance too as well as Donald but bit short for me,so going for a few bigger prices e/w,

Jason Day @ 40/1 £2.50 e/w   Played steady last week and looks to be over his injury
    Ian Poulter @80/1 £1.50 e/w   Runner up a few years ago and seems to play well in the bigger events
    Sean O'Hair @100/1 £1 e/w     No reason just a throw away couple of quid at a price

Gl

• edited May 2012

This weeks bet is only going to be on the Players Championship

Steve Stricker      35-1
    Hunter Mahan      28-1
    Justin Rose          45-1

All £ 2.00 E/w

• edited May 2012
    I'm going to make this my last week betting on the golf. I don't get to watch the European tour as I'm at work, and I don't really get to watch the PGA tour as I'm playing poker and the Mrs has the TV. So I don't get a feel of how the players are playing like I did before when I was winning. I'll still keep an eye on the scores, but it's costing me like £50 a week in bets and coming up dry as I have no decent knowledge of their form. I can't just bet 1 or 2 £ on a player as it's pointless to me, with my poker bankroll being on here a win just wouldn't feel like a win unless it was a couple of hundred.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Madeira Open + The Players) Years Profit: -£27.00:
    I'm going to make this my last week betting on the golf. I don't get to watch the European tour as I'm at work, and I don't really get to watch the PGA tour as I'm playing poker and the Mrs has the TV. So I don't get a feel of how the players are playing like I did before when I was winning. I'll still keep an eye on the scores, but it's costing me like £50 a week in bets and coming up dry as I have no decent knowledge of their form. I can't just bet 1 or 2 £ on a player as it's pointless to me, with my poker bankroll being on here a win just wouldn't feel like a win unless it was a couple of hundred.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hope you get a good win this week Flash.
    The few quid i stick on is for interest more than anything else.
    I Love playing golf and enjoy watching the PGA tour but  only watch an hour or so Saturday and Sunday evenings.
  • edited May 2012
    Players Championship:

Henrik Stenson 125/1 
    Padraig Harrington 100/1
    Peter Hanson 90/1
    Francesco Molinari 66/1
    Ernie Els 55/1
    Jason Day 40/1

think these 6 could be worth staying on right side of, all e/w,  Stenson will be my main one, form at Sawgrass is top notch including a win. I'll maybe add a 7th to the mix in the form of Ben Crane
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Madeira Open + The Players) Years Profit: -£27.00:
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Fair enough mate. Hope you bink a bet this week and you decide to carry on.

If not knowing who to pick is a problem, then maybe use someone else's picks. There are plenty of good tipsters out there who put in tonnes of research for each event. 

I just decide to do my own for the challenge really, but if i wanted a better chance of making money i'd follow a tipster. (free one obv)

Anyway gl with what you decide.
  • edited May 2012
    Just been given a free £5 loyalty bet on 365 :)

So stuck it e/w on Nick Watney @ 50/1
  • edited May 2012
    I choose my picks mainly on the week befores performances. The stand out 1's for me were Freddie Jac, playing beautifully tee to green only too miss out because of his putting, which is his strong point, I felt this was a sign, if his weakness was coming good then he was due a win soon. Sure enough the next week he won his 1st PGA event when I had a bet on him at 50/1 I think it was.

Obviously the Kyle Stanley win was a great pick, and again that was watching how well he was playing, and 1 unlucky shot over 72 holes cost him. 

When I can only see scores popping up on the PGA tour website I don't get a feel of how they are truely playing. I'm sure I will bet again, I just need to get out of a slight lul on the poker tables 1st, and get access to MY TV again.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Madeira Open + The Players) Years Profit: -£27.00 : Hope you get a good win this week Flash. The few quid i stick on is for interest more than anything else. I Love playing golf and enjoy watching the PGA tour but  only watch an hour or so Saturday and Sunday evenings.
    Posted by ALFIE123

+1 
  • edited May 2012
    Sigh I didnt realise the Madeira Islands Open wasn't on TV. I wouldn't have bet otherwise.

Mind you I'm not surprised it's not being televised....the highest ranked player is Tommy Fleetwood @ 192 in the world.
  • edited May 2012
    I forgot to change my picks on the fantasy race to dubai. I was going to add 5 players who I think will do well in the match play next week, then another 5 next week. Completely forgot now I'm going to have to hope my existing players are A. Playing and B. Do well!

On the topic of me not betting anymore, the reason also is I class myself as a semi-professional poker player, I rely on winnings from poker to help cover my cost of living. So spewing £50 - £60 a week isn't helping much lol. That said, I may back 1 player for the matchplay as it's a more prestigous event.
  • edited May 2012
    from players shortlist ive settled on

5 e/w ben crane outright 50/1
    5e/w ben crane first round leader 50/1
    5e/w peter hanson outright 80/1
    3e/w henrik stenson first round leader 80/1
    2 e/w henrik stenson outright 100/1

a modest 40 quid spend for the weekends entertainment, though probs go back in again and back one or two more come the saturday.

first round leader first 5 and outright first 6 1/4 odds.

ben crane and henrik stenson have top notch course form, with crane 3 top 6 finsihes in recent memory and showing some decent recent form/showings.

henrik has a top 5 here and a win, he is an enigma and always has 1 huge round in him, and some not so hot, im thinking the first day is most likely for a low score from the big Swede. 

ben crane has led once and 3rd on another occasion after day 1, and its a case of horses for courses in my reckoning

Peter hanson showed top form at the masters, unfortunately unable to make impact on the final day but he too has quality to make a very low score over the first 3 days and make the rest play catch up at the business end and make a mockery of his 80/1 odds
  • edited May 2012
    ive backed jason day at 40s hes due and ben curtis at 70s playing allright gl to you all
  • edited May 2012
    Outright In Running
    Louis Oosthuizen (EW)
    (Outright - Tournament)
    Odds:  50/1
    Stake:  25.00
    Possible Return:  806.25

MP
  • edited May 2012
    ben crane place money back for first round leader bet so added to portfolio and that will be me

padraig 5 e/w 40/1 (-3)
    bill haas 5/w 50/1 (-4)
    franscesco molinari 2 e/w 100/1 (E)
    bo van pelt 2 e/w 100/1 (-1)

did it in my local bookmaker chappies, they had haas priced 50's yet on oddschecker he was 25's across the board (including at this branch) so hey ho got the price marked off the screen anyway - wasnt my intention to back him when i left the house but 50's was huge
  • edited May 2012
    ben crane place money back for first round leader bet so added to portfolio and that will be me padraig 5 e/w 40/1 (-3) bill haas 5/w 50/1 (-4) franscesco molinari 2 e/w 100/1 (E) bo van pelt 2 e/w 100/1 (-1) did it in my local bookmaker chappies, they had haas priced 50's yet on oddschecker he was 25's across the board (including at this branch) so hey ho got the price marked off the screen anyway - wasnt my intention to back him when i left the house but 50's was huge
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Haas at 50's is huuuuge. That price on harrington isnt too shabby either. good Luck.
  • edited May 2012
    thanks, i know i said that was me done, but this really is me done now - another 10 win on Padraig @ 33's (price cut without hitting a ball) have a real feeling for him today and over the weekend : )
  • edited May 2012
    Well played me. 3 of my 4 picks have missed the cut. Come on Ricardo Santos!
  • edited May 2012
    I wasn't gonna bother this week in Europe, but couldn't resist Sky Bet's 40/1 about Velasco, think it's a bit big, and an over reaction to his level par round today. Took the 12/1 about Adam Scott in the Players this morning, shame he had a stuttering finish.
  • edited May 2012

this is obviously if billy haas cant do it as pocket talk is ultimate (!!!)  but id really like to see kevin na win the palyers - hes top of stats on the putts and watching him last night he was playing very smartly, being very methodical, not getting flustered when in bad positions and maybe even saying to himself, im making bogey here rather than trying to save a difficult par and doubling and trebling as a consequence.

his nerves are still plain to see occasionally off the tee with all the 'pull the trigger kev' stuff (priceless) but if he can hold that together, especially at the business end when nerves are in abundance, id expect and hope that he can get home in front.

good luck that man

• edited May 2012

p.s for what its worth hes still the big outsider of the 3 co leaders, at 12/1.

• edited May 2012
    I can't bring myself to back Na. He's too hot headed and can blow up at anytime...it's like backing DOHHHHHHH in a deepstack mtt.

Btw, Carlos Del Moral leading in Portugal. 50/1 bink plz :)
  • edited May 2012
    I can't bring myself to back Na. He's too hot headed and can blow up at anytime...it's like backing DOHHHHHHH in a deepstack mtt. Btw, Carlos Del Moral leading in Portugal. 50/1 bink plz :)
    Posted by splashies
    Looks like it could be a good battle between him and Ricardo Santos, Would be good if they are both in the same group tomorrow.