You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i like the double format you choose for the golf every weekend splashies so gonna give it a whirl myself this time around, though i wont be posting the fancy table layout you do as i am not that computer skilled!!!

memorial:  ryan moore 50/1, jonathan Byrd 50/1, Carl Petterson 66/1

wales open: marcel siem 28/1, pablo larrazabel 35/1, thomas Bjorn 45/1

50p e/w doubles ( x 9 ) , prices are for outright, will do same 9 doubles for 1st round leader also which ive found profitable from a single point of view  in recent weeks

only single of weekend will be Byrd 1st round leader 50/1 £5 e/w
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Wales Open + The Memorial) Years Profit: -£22.00:
    i like the double format you choose for the golf every weekend splashies so gonna give it a whirl myself this time around, though i wont be posting the fancy table layout you do as i am not that computer skilled!!! memorial:  ryan moore 50/1, jonathan Byrd 50/1, Carl Petterson 66/1 wales open: marcel siem 28/1, pablo larrazabel 35/1, thomas Bjorn 45/1 50p e/w doubles ( x 9 ) , prices are for outright, will do same 9 doubles for 1st round leader also which ive found profitable from a single point of view  in recent weeks only single of weekend will be Byrd 1st round leader 50/1 £5 e/w
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yeh it's good fun when it's close to coming off. Even if both place it's a decent return. Just praying for the day the win double comes off.

Good Luck
  • edited May 2012
    In the end I went for Donaldson @ 30/1 on the European tour and both Crane 80/1 and Fowler 18/1 on the PGA tour.

Also did e/w doubles on them all
  • edited May 2012
    1 pound both ways on Ross Fisher, 66/1 !

*Coz he has the same mannerisms as a Pidgeon/chicken. 
  • edited May 2012
    oops gg Alex Noren, currently +8

good to see this thread finally attracting a tipping pro ^^^^
  • edited May 2012
    He's going as well as Donaldson
  • edited June 2012
    Just had £5 on Thomas Bjorn @16/1. Think he'll go very close.
  • edited June 2012
    Think Coetzee is a bit too far back so gonna stick a fiver on Siem @ around 10/1 in the Welsh open.
    As for the Memorial gonna leave it alone as Fowler has a great chance still.
  • edited June 2012

Ross the Fisherman in full pidgeon head mode today.

Unfortunately every single time he's been on my TV over the last day and a bit, he's been putting for par.

Birdies plz!

*edit, since moaning, 3 of the last 4 holes he's had bogey putts! Par putts are fine again :( loool. ffs.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Wales Open + The Memorial) Years Profit: -£22.00:
    1 pound both ways on Ross Fisher, 66/1 ! *Coz he has the same mannerisms as a Pidgeon/chicken. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMH9VBxgL8

zzzzzzz
  • edited June 2012
    Well done Doh at least you got some money back.#

Had Fisher for the previous weeks tournie, not this, and then nice to see the weight of my money affect Rickie Fowler so much he goes 12 over in the last round.

Too finish me off who comes second but Andres Romero who I used to back in nearly every tournie a couple of years ago !!!!!!!!!

LOL he had to come back to form sometime

Father V
  • edited June 2012
    Well done shuv on picking Tiger!
  • edited June 2012
    Well done shuv on picking Tiger!
    Posted by splashies
    Cheers mate, been a rough couple of years for him, but he'd shown glimpses of form recently and he loves this course, thought he was too big a price not to back him
  • edited June 2012
    I screamed the housed down when he chipped in on the 16th. What a shot!! I only jumped on Sat morning when he was 13/8 so I can't brag on here about it. But it was the last leg of an acca for me. ( St Nics' Abbey, Camelot, Landaman, Sud Pacifique, the others) returned just under 30/1. Noticed his price for the US Open has collapsed from 9/1 yesterday to 6/1 now. 
  • edited June 2012
    This week I've gone for Jaco Van Zyl in the Nordea Masters for 50/1.

PGA tour I've gone for Martin Laird @ 33/1.

NOTE: Nordea Masters starts on Wednesday, so make sure you get your bets on today!
  • edited June 2012
    I have done Andersson-hed, Edfors and sterne in nordea and Robert Karlsson and Villegas in the st Jude.

EW double Karlsson and Sterne
  • edited June 2012
    Got a bit of a sore head this morning. Havent really done much research, just plucked a few names out and bet on them.

St Jude Classic

Martin Laird 33/1
    David Toms 25/1

Nordea Masters

Richard Sterne 25/1
    Pablo Larrazabal 30/1

4 x e/w doubles too.
  • edited June 2012
    Nordea Masters

Peter Hanson 14/1
    Thorbjorn Olesen 33/1
    Richard Green 100/1

St Jude Classic

David Toms 25/1
    Ryan Palmer 40/1
    Chris Kirk 80/1
    Bob estes 80/1
  • edited June 2012
    ryan palmer been playin well of late im having trouble locating any prices bar one or 2 on oddschecker for either him or the other ryan, moore. any ideas if their in field ok??? any feedback much appreciated im heading poland thurs mornin for the fitba and need to get us open bets on by then.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Nordea Masters + St Jude Classic) Years Profit: -£47.00:
    ryan palmer been playin well of late im having trouble locating any prices bar one or 2 on oddschecker for either him or the other ryan, moore. any ideas if their in field ok??? any feedback much appreciated im heading poland thurs mornin for the fitba and need to get us open bets on by then.
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    i didnt make that very clear - both for US Open please
  • edited June 2012
    I've just checked the list of qualifiers and they are not on there. Not sure if there will be anymore added to list. I assume if 1 of them wins this week then they'll be in.

• edited June 2012

Ive gone for P Hanson 14/1 win only and managed to get a bit 0f 200/1 for 'Tano Goya on Betfair and also 150/1 ew with the bookies. He played well last Fri after having played in the storm on the Thurs. Also played ok the only time he has played this course before.

• edited June 2012
    stenson,o'hair and stanley all big prices with no chance but think the fields weak this week with the exception of the top 3 in the market.£2 e/w on each
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Nordea Masters + St Jude Classic) Years Profit: -£47.00:
    I've just checked the list of qualifiers and they are not on there. Not sure if there will be anymore added to list. I assume if 1 of them wins this week then they'll be in. http://www.usopen.com/en_US/players/index.html
    Posted by splashies
    thanks for the info, shame , thought either could possibly go alright at big odds where they have been priced up.

ok so ill give this weekends a miss as i wont get watching alot if any of it, US Open shortlist fowler, the 2 johnsons, dufner, Bo Van Pelt, Justin Rose.

Not a bad shortlist if i do say so meself, and at a combo of nice juicy odds plus a good season of various top 10's the pick will be Bo Van Pelt 80/1, main dangers Zach and Rose
  • edited June 2012
    Ive gone for P Hanson 14/1 win only and managed to get a bit 0f 200/1 for 'Tano Goya on Betfair and also 150/1 ew with the bookies. He played well last Fri after having played in the storm on the Thurs. Also played ok the only time he has played this course before.
    Posted by joesman1
    Got a bit excited when Goya went 3 under after his 1st 5 holes.. And just watched the highlights and 67 was the worst score Hanson could have posted. 4 or 5 putts shaved the hole. 
  • edited June 2012
    It's US Open week!

I've got 2 players in mind who i'm going to back. I'll have a think and add 1 more. Will post later.
  • edited June 2012
    Right I'm all sorted for my bets now....

Lee Westwood £10win @ 13/1

Sergio Garcia £5 e/w @ 50/1

Martin Kaymer £5 e/w @ 66/1

Westwood picked himself this week for me. His new putter worked a treat last week in Sweden. So fingers crossed he'll sink some putts. The only worry about Lee this week is the rough around the greens can be brutal and hes not the best in this department. However his long game is so good, hopefully he'll be finding a high % of greens in reg.

I'm just hoping Sergio can put 4 good rounds together. Terrific ball striker and has improved immensely on the greens in the last 18 months. Just hoping the horror round he usually has will stay away this week.

Finally, I debated for some time about my final pick. I've gone for Kaymer, mainly because i think 66/1 is terrific value for a previous major winner and 10 time winner on the European Tour.

Hope 1 or 2 of these will give me a decent sweat for the week.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm backing Westwood for this.

£20 e/w @ 12/1

Also did some little £1 e/w bets on outsiders.. Mainly just to place but you never know.

Patrick Cantlay - 250/1
    Freddie Jac - 150/1
    Cabrera Bello - 300/1
  • edited June 2012
    I'm plumping for Westwood 13/1 Donald 14/1 and Molinari 100/1. I know 2 of the 3 are very dodgy with the flat stick from short range. But all 3 are arrow straight with their drives and irons. Having looked at the course on line it's very long and narrow with penal rough. And the  greens are sloped with long run off areas if you miss them. GL everyone. 
  • edited June 2012
    Phil Mickelson 22/1 £10ew
    Justin Rose 33/1 £5ew
    Jim Furyk 40/1 £5ew
    Aaron Baddely 125/1 £2.50 ew
    Jonathan Byrd 100/1£2.50ew
    D.A.Points 300/1 £2.50ew