You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Irish Open + AT &T) Years Profit: -£133.00:
    . AT & T - Chris Stroud £2.50 e/w @ 100/1 - Ranks 12th this season in 1st Round stroke average Irish open - Marcel Siem £2.50 e/w @ 50/1 - Can be brilliant or blowup. I'll take a punt on him with his early tee time.
    Posted by splashies

Another good erly price on thsi thread
  • edited June 2012
    Marcel Seems to be -1 thru 7 and still 33/1 :D

£6 wins £198. 

Don't come 2nd plz!
  • edited June 2012
    Hoey going rightly, going to nip into bookie chappies before start work @ 2pm and have £5 e/w Stephen Gallagher 80/1 who tees off 10 minutes later
  • edited July 2012
    Got close to a place with Day and Palmer in the AT & T but no cigar.

One of my favourite events of the year this week on the European Tour @ Paris National, love this course.

• edited July 2012
    Csn,t see a thread for the Open but going with Harrington at 20,s (Place a bet of £10 or more on any Wimbledon and British Open Championship market and we'll give you a £10 free bet to use on any market during the Olympics! )  laddies

Single - Padraig Harrington

1 line at £10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: £10.00
    Potential Return: £210.00

• edited July 2012
    Open de France

Francesco Molinari @ 20/1 - I'm sticking with Molinari again after a decent show last week. His ball striking skills should see him do well again in Paris.

Mark Foster @ 50/1 - T2nd here last year and T5 last week kind of picks himself.

Greenbrier Classic

Excellent putting stats have been the key to winning this event over the years. My picks are two of the best in that department.

Webb Simpson @ 16/1
    Steve Stricker @ 25/1

4 x e/w doubles too
  • edited July 2012
    Open De France

Thorbjorn Oleson - 40/1 - T2 here last year when nobody had really heard of him. He has done well since then and become a better player. I good result last week showed he is in form.

Martin Kaymer - 14/1 - 4th last year, 6th in 2010 and winner in 2009. He is playing some good golf again now and will be a threat.

Greenbrier Classic

Web Simpson - 16/1 - Obviously in great form even after winning such a big title, and was 9h here last year.

Bredan De Jong - 35/1 - Consistantly doing well recently and had a 4th last year. 

• edited July 2012
    Backing Haas and Snedeker £2.50 e/w both at 50s and also a little e/w interest on Matt Bettencourt at 500/1 cos did ok there last year and crazy price in a pretty weak field except for the top half a dozen in the betting.
    See you'r both going for Simpson,was my 1st pick as well but don't trust major winners after they win their 1st 1 seem to go downhill.(Kaymer,Immelman,Braddley,Curtis,etc)
    GL all anyway
  • edited July 2012

I love a bet on the golf as much as I do a game of poker, can't believe I've never stumbled across this thread before.

Some good tips from Splashies and Flush there.

I always think there's massive value to be found in golf odds, to join in the fun, I'll post my tips for the week in a while.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (French open + Greenbrier) Years Profit: -£163.00:
    I love a bet on the golf as much as I do a game of poker, can't believe I've never stumbled across this thread before. Some good tips from Splashies and Flush there. I always think there's massive value to be found in golf odds, to join in the fun, I'll post my tips for the week in a while.
    Posted by TheDart
    Glad you're joining in the fun mate. As you can see from the thread title I'm not having the best of years so far.

Flash, on the otherhand has probably made some decent profit this year.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (French open + Greenbrier) Years Profit: -£163.00:
    I love a bet on the golf as much as I do a game of poker, can't believe I've never stumbled across this thread before. Some good tips from Splashies and Flush there. I always think there's massive value to be found in golf odds, to join in the fun, I'll post my tips for the week in a while.
    Posted by TheDart

Thanks!:)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (French open + Greenbrier) Years Profit: -£163.00 : Thanks!:)
    Posted by jackda
    Sorry Jackda, I didn't actually say 'Jackda's tips are rubbish', but I can see how my comments could come across that way.

Anyway good luck and for what it's worth I think Snedeker and Haas are both good ew bets at 50/1 ;)
  • edited July 2012

Most weeks I tend to swerve the more obvious candidates as my strategy for golf betting is to always look for the ew value and most week's there is always a few value bets at massive odds to be found.

This week, my value bets are:

OPEN DE FRANCE - Outright - EW

Danny Willett - 66/1 - Former amateur number one, turned pro with plenty of potential and finally got his first tour win 2 weeks ago. Willett followed up that first win with a missed cut in Ireland, but history tell's us Willett can bounce back from a bad week with a good result next time out. Consider that he has excellent course form (mc, 5th, 10th, 13th) and is looking for a top 5 finish to qualify for The Open, Willett will be looking for a big week this week and at 66/1 is well worth an ew punt.

James Morrison - 125/1 - Has course form as he lead this event after 3 rounds last year, only to fall back to a tie for 7th with a final round 78. Despite a 3rd round 81, still managed to finish tied 10th at Wentworth in an event he had missed the cut in his 2 previous attempts. Recently won The Open qualifier at Sunningdale, with rounds of 63 and 68. Coming off a steady 24th in Ireland last week so clearly playing well, 125/1 ew is MASSIVE!

GREENBRIER CLASSIC - Outright - EW

Jeff Overton - 40/1 - Been playing well under the radar for much of the season and has already managed 2 top 5's. Last week was typical of his season, day 1 he shot 79 to sit 5th from last, but over days 2, 3 and 4 only Tiger Woods shot better than Overton as Overton fought back to finish in a tie for 22nd. Looked like the winner of this event in 2010 until Appleby shot a final round 59! Recent form and course form equates to a nice value bet at 40/1.

Andrers Romero - 66/1 - Missed 6 cuts in his first 11 events this year, seems to have steadied the ship since with 4 straight made cuts which included an impressive tied 2nd behind Tiger at The Memorial last month. Tied 4th in The Greenbrier Classic last year, which looks good. Romero is proving to be a bit of a hot and cold player, if he is on his game this week, 66/1 will soon look very generous.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (French open + Greenbrier) Years Profit: -£163.00 : Sorry Jackda, I didn't actually say 'Jackda's tips are rubbish', but I can see how my comments could come across that way. Anyway good luck and for what it's worth I think Snedeker and Haas are both good ew bets at 50/1 ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    No worries,was just kidding.Although you woulda been telling the truth if you had said it.Anyway gl with your selections and hope you start with a winner.
  • edited July 2012
    Good luck the Dart. That's a juicy price on Willett considering he won two weeks ago. Romero was on my radar for this week too. I may have a 1st round leader bet on him if he tees off in the morning groups.
  • edited July 2012
    Greenbrier Classic 1st round leader

Jeff Overton 50/1  £2win
    Cameron Tringale 50/1 £2 win
    Ben Curtis 60/1 £2 win
    Kevin Na 66/1 £5 e/w
    Blake Adams 125/1 £5 e/w

Greenbrier Outright 

Ben Curtis 66/1 £5 e/w

Overton and Tringale course form so a few shillings each so I dont rue the hindsight of not backing if they were indeed to get off to a flyer, Curtis in form of his life this year and after slightly going off boil recently could give another good showing and is my only outright pick at a fancy price.

Wouldn't have faith in Na for outright after a dissappointing Sunday at the Players but was sensational first 3 days and was number 1 for putting that weekend which could help propel him up the leaderboard early doors if putter working again.

Blake Adams has been Mr consistent this season and very notable on first day of majority of this year's tournaments he has been prominent in opening days low scoring and think 125/1 represents the best value in the entire field.

James Morrison for the reasons cited in above post would also be a good each way shout for 1st day leader in France, 80/1
  • edited July 2012
    Ok I'm going to persist with the first round leader market again.

Greenbrier - Ken Duke £2.50 e/w @ 100/1 1st Rd Leader - Currently ranked 2nd on tour in Rd1 scoring av

France - George Coetzee £2.50 e/w @ 70/1 1st Rd Leader - Shot a 66 Rd1 here last year.

Both these players have early starts so will have best of the greens too.
  • edited July 2012
    Some good information on here and I am also having a dabble on the First Round Markets:

Open De France - First Round Leader - EW

Marcel Siem 66/1 - scored very well first round this year and another early tee start gives him a chance to get off to another flyer.

Mathew Baldwin 200/1 - first season on tour, made some very good first round scores, 200/1 just too big to resist.

Greenbrier Classic - First Round Leader - EW

Seung-Yul No - 50/1 - Been putting together some good tournaments and often gets off to a good start.

Graham De Laet - 150/1 - Morning start for a player who won 3 time on the Nationwide tour, 200/1 outright also looks way to big though final round scoring has been his achilles heel on the PGA tour, so maybe first leader is his best chance.
  • edited July 2012
    Anyone following Mr Palmers' advice in the Post and going for the Westy/Woods double @ 40/1?? I'm leaving Westy alone and backing him @ Lytham. Gonna back Kaymer @ 14/1 and also do the Kaymer/Woods double @ 60/1
  • edited July 2012
    Right I like the last posts of Splashies and The Dart!

So have put some money on their 1st Round leader selections!

Good Luck Guys!
  • edited July 2012
    Not going well for Kaymer.... Looking at the early form I wouldn't mind a few quid of Jeev Milka Singh. He has been threatening as of late.

EDIT: Infact just looked at the inplay odds and he is 33/1!!! Get on it like a car bonnet £7.50 e/w
  • edited July 2012
    Not going well for Kaymer.... Looking at the early form I wouldn't mind a few quid of Jeev Milka Singh. He has been threatening as of late. EDIT: Infact just looked at the inplay odds and he is 33/1!!! Get on it like a car bonnet £7.50 e/w
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'm with you on Singh, though I got 28/1

Also taken 75/1 ew on Fedez-Castno
  • edited July 2012
    Dart if your tips do this well every week I think I'll just copy what ever you go for!
  • edited July 2012
    Ok I'm going to persist with the first round leader market again. Greenbrier - Ken Duke £2.50 e/w @ 100/1 1st Rd Leader - Currently ranked 2nd on tour in Rd1 scoring av France - George Coetzee £2.50 e/w @ 70/1 1st Rd Leader - Shot a 66 Rd1 here last year. Both these players have early starts so will have best of the greens too.
    Posted by splashies
    Sigh, shot a -4 round of 66......T6th currently, baoyhsbgbglirgfrgiopb vh fihkbd vds vaidv bdk b;jalk 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (French open + Greenbrier) Years Profit: -£163.00 : Sigh, shot a -4 round of 66......T6th currently, baoyhsbgbglirgfrgiopb vh fihkbd vds vaidv bdk b;jalk 
    Posted by splashies
    Unlucky Splashies, good effort!

I got a decent run from a couple of my players, but also came up short in the end.

I think the First round leader is possibly more difficult to crack than the winner outright.

So here's hoping for a good run over the next 3 days.

• edited July 2012
    Dart if your tips do this well every week I think I'll just copy what ever you go for!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Golf betting is like MTT's a lot of variance to get through!

Happy with the position of a few of my players after day 1, but long way to go.
  • edited July 2012
    Right I like the last posts of Splashies and The Dart! So have put some money on their 1st Round leader selections! Good Luck Guys!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Sorry we came up short, if you had any bets outright, hope you get a cash!
  • edited July 2012
    Open de France Francesco Molinari @ 20/1 - I'm sticking with Molinari again after a decent show last week. His ball striking skills should see him do well again in Paris. Mark Foster @ 50/1 - T2nd here last year and T5 last week kind of picks himself. Greenbrier Classic Excellent putting stats have been the key to winning this event over the years. My picks are two of the best in that department. Webb Simpson @ 16/1 Steve Stricker @ 25/1 4 x e/w doubles too
    Posted by splashies
    In good shape at the half way stage Splashies, hope you had Simpson / Molinari doubled, good luck!

I had to get into the 'in running market' in France half way through day 2 and took:

Goerge Ceotzee 66/1
    GMAC 66/1
    Raphael Jacquelin 40/1

Will be looking at 'in play' for Greenbrier later, after Romero's mighty fall down the leaderboard I'm left with 200/1outsider Graham DeLaet and Jeff Overton who is at least steadily moving in the right direction.
  • edited July 2012
    Yes mate got the double, its about 460/1 if i remember correctly. I've been close a few times this year but it never materialises.

Looks like you're in good shape in France too, gl.
  • edited July 2012
    Great to see Howell leading on the European tour again. He is local to me and is a member at 1 of my local courses. Strangely enough I'm actually playing there tomorrow at 1.30, so if he holds on to win there will be a great atmosphere in the club house. GL David!