You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited June 2012

P.Mickleson @ 20/1 £5 win
    H.Mahan @ 40/1 £3 e/w
    J.Dufner @ 28/1 £5 win
    A.Scott @  45/1 £3 e/w
    J.Day @ 66/1 £2 e/w
    M.Laird @ 110/1 £1 e/w
    K.Na @ 150/1 £1 e/w

edit:backed Scwartzel for  couple of quid win @50/1 as well
    That'll do for a start sure they'll be more when none of them make the cut.

Good Luck all.
  • edited June 2012
    lol love the optimism jackda. 

Good luck both ^^
  • edited June 2012
    Just gonna try and stick with 2 bets for this
    Jason DufnerOutright Winner: US Open 2012 Outright28/1£5.00 + £5.00(£2.50 each way)£92.50 
    US Open Championship 2012
    Luke DonaldWinner 14£5.00£65.00
  • edited June 2012
    Just putting on to Win Only bets this week.
    £ 5.00 to win on

Matt Kuchar.  28-1
    Justin Rose.    28-1
    El Niño.          45-1
  • edited June 2012

I've had a few quid on...
    Westwood &
    Mahan
    BUT for a good odds bet Bubba Watson is 50/1. £10 ew

• edited June 2012
    Gone for...

Westwood £10 win 13/1

Kuchar £5 e/w 28/1

Furyk £5 e/w 35/1
  • edited June 2012
    As this course always seems to give it up to a long odds home winner I have fgone really silly this week.

Ben Crane at 150-1
    Bill Haas 100-1
    Tim Herron 500-1

and just in case not a big surprise 

Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler
  • edited June 2012
    gone for 3 all eway padraig harrington 66s kj choi 125s and matt kuchar 28s gl all
  • edited June 2012
    My 3 guys have quite late tee times today, so decided to have a flutter on Round 1 leader market for a bit of interest.

Thomas Bjorn £2.50 e/w Rnd1 leader @ 125/1

He's out quite early so will have the best of the greens. His experienced head should bode well on a testing course.

The first 6 holes are reportedly the hardest opening 6 holes in US Open history. Bjorn however starts on the other side of the course, so will be well into his round when he meets those 6 holes.
  • edited June 2012
    Have been reading your posts and have decided on the following:

Lee Westwood 10/1
     Sergio Garcia   28/1
    Matt Kuchar      40/1
    Martin Kaymer  50/1
  • edited June 2012
    If Carlsberg did Golf Courses then the Olympic would probably the hardest golf course in the world !!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    Come on Westy. It's your turn! You deserve it! Do it for yourself, your family, friends, country. Oh and my bank balance!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00:
    Come on Westy. It's your turn! You deserve it! Do it for yourself, your family, friends, country. Oh and my bank balance!
    Posted by joesman1
    +1
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00:
    I'm backing Westwood for this. £20 e/w @ 12/1 Also did some little £1 e/w bets on outsiders.. Mainly just to place but you never know. Patrick Cantlay - 250/1 Freddie Jac - 150/1 Cabrera Bello - 300/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    2 players right in the mix!

I actually had £2 e/w on Freddie as he was 150/1. So in terms of return it's better for me to have Freddie win than Westy, but as so many people have backed Lee it would be good to see him win. Either way, if they both finish top 5 I'll be happy!
  • edited June 2012
    Good luck Charlie it's going to be 1 long night. Hope i can stay awake.
  • edited June 2012
    Phil Mickelson 22/1 £10ew Justin Rose 33/1 £5ew Jim Furyk 40/1 £5ew Aaron Baddely 125/1 £2.50 ew Jonathan Byrd 100/1£2.50ew D.A.Points 300/1 £2.50ew
    Posted by shuv
    Sorry lads heres the winner, should he start double bogey double bogey, which knowing my luck he will, ill then start to cheer westwood on.
  • edited June 2012
    Gone for... Westwood £10 win 13/1 Kuchar £5 e/w 28/1 Furyk £5 e/w 35/1
    Posted by wilco40
    I am potentially in a quite nice position here.  Tied first, 4th and 14th.  Even Kuchar who is 14th is only 6 shots off the lead.  I just hope it all doesn't go wrong!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00 : I am potentially in a quite nice position here.  Tied first, 4th and 14th.  Even Kuchar who is 14th is only 6 shots off the lead.  I just hope it all doesn't go wrong!
    Posted by wilco40
    It did all go wrong lol :-(

Got a place on Furyk finishing tied 4th. It only returned around £29 from a £5 each way bet at 35/1. I was expecting more as it said top 6 pay a quarter of the odds. Any experts out there know if it is because he finished tied 4th and not 4th outright on his own???
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00 : It did all go wrong lol :-( Got a place on Furyk finishing tied 4th. It only returned around £29 from a £5 each way bet at 35/1. I was expecting more as it said top 6 pay a quarter of the odds. Any experts out there know if it is because he finished tied 4th and not 4th outright on his own???
    Posted by wilco40
    It's because he finished tied 4th with 5 other people. If he was tied with 1 other person they are still both top 6 and you get a full payout, but as there was effectively 8 players in the top 6 then they divide the odds a bit.
  • edited June 2012
    i had harrington 66s yippee
  • edited June 2012
    What a disaster! Said to the mrs on Weds, " I've a ten pound free bet off Paddy Power, so pick a golfer out". This was tactical, cos I knew I was in for some late nights, and if she had an interest the grief would be a little less. She picked out Simpson, cos, a) she knows I've won off him last year b) her surname is. . yes. . Simpson!! Alas, the ten pound free bet was infact meant for Paddy power games, so I couldn't us it for  the golf. For some stupid reason for the sake of a tenner, I didn't bother backing him with my own money, even though I'd spent more than enough on my own picks. All weekend she was asking about his progress, and I kept saying he has a chance to keep her happy. Anyway this morning she is overjoyed and asking when will Mr Power be depositing the £800 in my account!! Big sigh. That was an expensive tournament!!
  • edited June 2012
    What a disaster! Said to the mrs on Weds, " I've a ten pound free bet off Paddy Power, so pick a golfer out". This was tactical, cos I knew I was in for some late nights, and if she had an interest the grief would be a little less. She picked out Simpson, cos, a) she knows I've won off him last year b) her surname is. . yes. . Simpson!! Alas, the ten pound free bet was infact meant for Paddy power games, so I couldn't us it for  the golf. For some stupid reason for the sake of a tenner, I didn't bother backing him with my own money, even though I'd spent more than enough on my own picks. All weekend she was asking about his progress, and I kept saying he has a chance to keep her happy. Anyway this morning she is overjoyed and asking when will Mr Power be depositing the £800 in my account!! Big sigh. That was an expensive tournament!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Haha oh dear.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00 : It did all go wrong lol :-( Got a place on Furyk finishing tied 4th. It only returned around £29 from a £5 each way bet at 35/1. I was expecting more as it said top 6 pay a quarter of the odds. Any experts out there know if it is because he finished tied 4th and not 4th outright on his own???
    Posted by wilco40
    Just had a look at the results - I did my bet with Sky (EW on Dufner) who also finished in atie for 4th , but not even sure how many places Sky were paying, but there were quite a few on joint 4th ( which would have taken it past 6 players in your case) , hence why they have to cut down the odds a bit as there more than 6 in top four if that makes sense
    I only got about £13 or £14 from £2.50 EW on Dufner but happy with that as i don,t normally do EW om golf.
    My mate had macdowell  (win only ) and that was after Poland let him down for an accumilater the other night and Russia let him down for all sorts of permitations.
    He,s now done a treble on Portugal, Germany from last night and England tommorow - Lets hope his luck changes soon
  • edited June 2012
    As this course always seems to give it up to a long odds home winner I have fgone really silly this week.   Ben Crane at 150-1 Bill Haas 100-1 Tim Herron 500-1 and just in case not a big surprise  Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler
    Posted by vaigret
    Thank goodness I had a nice bet on Webb simpson halway through the third round at 28-1
  • edited June 2012
    Oh joesman , sorry to hear your news.

Let us know what the wife buys with her £800
  • edited June 2012
    Isnt it funny how half knowledge helps you sometimes. To get a handle on the US open I did some background work to see who had done well there before hence my saying in an earlier post that all home winners and usually somebody off the radar. 

whilst it didnt help me in my original bets when I saw webb simpson doing well half way through the third round I remebered from my investigation that he had won it before at Olympic. So I got him at 28-1.

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE THIS MORNING WHEN IT SAID HE WON IN ONLY HIS FIFTH MAJOR. ONLY PLAYED IN FIVE MAJORS INCLUDING WINNING IN 1998?!!! WOW I THOUGHT.

Then I checked and it was SCOTT WHO WON IN 1998. nothing like half truths to win you money LOL !!!!!!!

Father V
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (US Open Week!) Years Profit: -£67.00 : It's because he finished tied 4th with 5 other people. If he was tied with 1 other person they are still both top 6 and you get a full payout, but as there was effectively 8 players in the top 6 then they divide the odds a bit.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers Flash, I thought that was pretty much the case.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (BMW + Travellers Championship) Years Profit: -£102.00:
    Oh joesman , sorry to hear your news. Let us know what the wife buys with her £800
    Posted by vaigret
    Ho ho ho Father. Worst bit is, she is looking forward to telling my fellow fogies at the Blackpool SPT this weekend how much of an expert she is lol. I limited the damage a bit by this morning declaring that it was only fair that I deducted my losses from her payout. I calculated that if I told her I had spent £200 on the event ( I wish) that would get me a 'look' and a "how much"? And not hurt her 'pay out' too much. Also she wants it in cash, and she's putting it towards the holiday spend funds. So I guess that's another saving for me. I must remember to ask her who she fancies for the British Open. . . .
  • edited June 2012
    seems like you have got away with that one mate. Well done
  • edited June 2012
    BMW

Bernd Wiesberger @ 40/1
    Thomas Aiken @ 80/1

Travellers Championship

Ryan Moore @ 25/1
    John Huh @ 50/1

Also 4 x e/w doubles