You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : BOOOOOOMMMMM!! WIIIIIII!!    :))))
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Nice one Flash.
    What a shot out the rough tho on the play off hole.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : BOOOOOOMMMMM!! WIIIIIII!!    :))))
    Posted by FlashFlush
    n1,back to winning ways
  • edited March 2012
    Should be a good day of golf today. Both events are tightly packed. Just hoping Jason Dufner can do the biz tonight after he failed to push on yeterday.
    Posted by splashies
    I've seen more passion and emotion in a potato then this man,does my head in he does(nothing to do with the fact he cost me money in my 2 ball bet with Bae)
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : Nice one Flash. What a shot out the rough tho on the play off hole.
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Oh mate that was insane! I was going mental watching that at home. The Mrs was watching as well, but all she could say is, "Who's that? He's a bit of alright isn't he"... Women huh?!?!
  • edited March 2012
    Congrats again Flash, how does Donald do it time and time again!? What a player!

Jason Dufner is such a let down, i shalln't be backing him again for a while.

Tavistock Golf today should be good to watch, i wont be betting though. Then it's Bay Hill on Thursday which is always a favourite of mine.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : Oh mate that was insane! I was going mental watching that at home. The Mrs was watching as well, but all she could say is, "Who's that? He's a bit of alright isn't he"... Women huh?!?!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sport according to my wife.
    Golf. Televised sky
    Cricket. Total and waste of time.
    Rugby. She just laffs at them scrapping and kicking and cant believe how ugly they all are.
    Show Jumping. Loves that.
    Horse racing.    Hates that. its cruel
  • edited March 2012
    Congrats again Flash, how does Donald do it time and time again!? What a player! Jason Dufner is such a let down, i shalln't be backing him again for a while. Tavistock Golf today should be good to watch, i wont be betting though. Then it's Bay Hill on Thursday which is always a favourite of mine.
    Posted by splashies
    I think he will bink 1 pretty soon. He is consistantly up there. Just look at what the others were playing for though, Donald to get no.1, Els to get to the Masters and inside top 50. So many battles inside that tournament this week, I guess Dufner just didn't WANT it as much as the others. His time will be soon though.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : I think he will bink 1 pretty soon. He is consistantly up there. Just look at what the others were playing for though, Donald to get no.1, Els to get to the Masters and inside top 50. So many battles inside that tournament this week, I guess Dufner just didn't WANT it as much as the others. His time will be soon though.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Yeh i think he has the ability to win and hopefully for him he will do. He had a 2 shot lead after round 2 and after a poor 3rd round, he said he didnt feel comfortable leading from the front, which is a worrying sign. Maybe his first win will come from way behind in the final round.

Anyway, Ive already made my selections for this week, I havent put the bets on just yet and i'll post em up by tomorrow morning.

Not long until the Masters too

#excited
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : Yeh i think he has the ability to win and hopefully for him he will do. He had a 2 shot lead after round 2 and after a poor 3rd round, he said he didnt feel comfortable leading from the front, which is a worrying sign. Maybe his first win will come from way behind in the final round. Anyway, Ive already made my selections for this week, I havent put the bets on just yet and i'll post em up by tomorrow morning. Not long until the Masters too #excited
    Posted by splashies
    I already knew who I would back on the European tour this week. Going by past form and current form, there are 3 stand out players for me...

Jaco Van Zyl - 22/1 £5 win only
    David Lynn - 33/1 - £5 e/w
    Rhys Davies - 50/1 - £5 e/w
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : I already knew who I would back on the European tour this week. Going by past form and current form, there are 3 stand out players for me... Jaco Van Zyl - 22/1 £5 win only David Lynn - 33/1 - £5 e/w Rhys Davies - 50/1 - £5 e/w
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Great minds :) also considered the other 2 you have picked, but iv gone for a complete outsider :o.

Just waiting for all bookies to open the market.
  • edited March 2012
    Rhys Davies has had 2 really good results here the past 2 years, he had a mare last week and missed the cut, but the tournament before that he got 10th at the Avantha Masters, so can't be playing that badly! 50/1 is deffo worth an e/w sniff IMO
  • edited March 2012
    Done my picks for the Arnold Palmer invitational as well. Fancy a few "Outsiders" this week. Nothing better than picking a long shot and they end up winning...

David Toms £5 e/w @ 60/1. Played well here last year. Good consistant performer, after he withdrew a couple of weeks ago, I thought that might be him gone for a while, but came straight back with a good performance last week and was in contention going into the final round.

Jason Dufner £5 e/w @ 50/1. Playing well, just needs to put that extra push in on the final round. Hopefully learnt from last week. P.S it would also annoy Splashies if he won ;-).

Johnson Wagner £5 e/w @ 100/1. Having a really good year, and also had a good performance here last year when he wasn't in particually good form. Not many bogies on his card last year which is a big key.
  • edited March 2012
    Think Webb Simpson is coming into form at the right time so £5 win @ 16/1 and also backing Brandt Snedekar @ 40/1 £3 e/w,dunno why just a gut pick.
  • edited March 2012
    European Tour - Trophee Hassan

Jaco Van Zyl 22/1
    - Pretty obvious pick this week, T7 finish last week to add to his T2nd finish in this event last year.

Peter Uihlein 225/1
    - Going to take a big gamble here on a rookie American player who is going to spend a lot of the season on the European Tour. You might remember him as an amateur in some of the majors last year. He had a glittering US amateur career ranked number 1 for a while. So I'm going to stick with him for a couple of weeks.

PGA Tour - Arnold Palmer

Sergio Garcia 25/1 - T16 last week after his horror show in the Cadillac. Also notched and 8th place finish in this event last year.

Jim Furyk 28/1 - Seems to be hitting some decent form with a T2nd last week. A T9th here last year suggests he'll have a decent week.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush and Donald win again!) Years Profit: -£40.00:
    Done my picks for the Arnold Palmer invitational as well. Fancy a few "Outsiders" this week. Nothing better than picking a long shot and they end up winning... David Toms £5 e/w @ 60/1 . Played well here last year. Good consistant performer, after he withdrew a couple of weeks ago, I thought that might be him gone for a while, but came straight back with a good performance last week and was in contention going into the final round. Jason Dufner £5 e/w @ 50/1 . Playing well, just needs to put that extra push in on the final round. Hopefully learnt from last week. P.S it would also annoy Splashies if he won ;-). Johnson Wagner £5 e/w @ 100/1. Having a really good year, and also had a good performance here last year when he wasn't in particually good form. Not many bogies on his card last year which is a big key.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If he wins, i'll get this thread snap closed and il give up for good. :P
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush and Donald win again!) Years Profit: -£40.00:
    European Tour - Trophee Hassan Jaco Van Zyl 22/1 - Pretty obvious pick this week, T7 finish last week to add to his T2nd finish in this event last year. Peter Uihlein 225/1 - Going to take a big gamble here on a rookie American player who is going to spend a lot of the season on the European Tour. You might remember him as an amateur in some of the majors last year. He had a glittering US amateur career ranked number 1 for a while. So I'm going to stick with him for a couple of weeks. PGA Tour - Arnold Palmer Sergio Garcia 25/1 - T16 last week after his horror show in the Cadillac. Also notched and 8th place finish in this event last year. Jim Furyk 28/1 - Seems to be hitting some decent form with a T2nd last week. A T9th here last year suggests he'll have a decent week.
    Posted by splashies
    He's had an interesting start...

Hole   Par   Shots
      1       5       4
      2       3       3
      3       4       4

4       4       9

Sigh.
  • edited March 2012
    Just saw that, was wondering if you were watching. lolz. WTF is going on with the amateurs? Both eagled the 1st hole!! Going to be some low scores today I reckon.

EDIT: And now a 7 ... I think I know why he is 225/1 mate. :(
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Arnold Palmer + Trophee Hassan) Years Profit: -£40.00:
    Just saw that, was wondering if you were watching. lolz. WTF is going on with the amateurs? Both eagled the 1st hole!! Going to be some low scores today I reckon.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Its a really short course in length... gotta feeling manassero will win. Suits him perfectly and he needs a win to get into the Masters.

Uihlein casually cards a 7 at the par 5 5th hole too.

#epicfail
  • edited March 2012
    I'm suprised you don't play the fantasy race to dubai on the European tour site m8. Its good fun. I didn't understand you could change 5 players EVERY week to start with, so I think for a couple of weeks I basically scored 0 which isn't good. But back on the trail now lol.
  • edited March 2012
    What the hell is going on??

Jaco Van Zyl just cards a 7 at a par 3?????????????

gg my bets
  • edited March 2012
    Seems like theres some nasty holes out there. Guaranteed John Daly will card a 10+ somewhere on his round today. Hope he saves it for when Sky come on air.
  • edited March 2012
    Wish I'd backed Luiten. He is looking very dangerous! Come on bet in play, I want some decent odds on him!

I do have him in my fantasy R2D team this week though, so not all bad!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Arnold Palmer + Trophee Hassan) Years Profit: -£40.00:
    Wish I'd backed Luiten. He is looking very dangerous! Come on bet in play, I want some decent odds on him! I do have him in my fantasy R2D team this week though, so not all bad!
    Posted by FlashFlush

Be standard for my pick last week to win this week. He played well but was awful on the greens last week, thats why i stayed away from him.

Golf betting can be so tilting.
  • edited March 2012
    Seems like theres some nasty holes out there. Guaranteed John Daly will card a 10+ somewhere on his round today. Hope he saves it for when Sky come on air.
    Posted by splashies
    Na, it was only a 9, he is improving. Robert Rock however has had an 11 on the 4th!! 
  • edited March 2012
    I love it when the pros struggle...makes me feel good.
  • edited March 2012
    Same! Hopefully going to play after work tomorrow, I bet I don't get a 9 let alone an 11 ;-). #TourProInTheMaking
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush and Donald win again!) Years Profit: -£40.00 : If he wins, i'll get this thread snap closed and il give up for good. :P
    Posted by splashies
    Shame really because I've enjoyed this thread so far ;-)
  • edited March 2012
    McDowell seems to be hitting some form. He is 70/1 for the Masters #justsayin (I just put £7.50 e/w on him can't see him staying at 70/1 for much longer!)
  • edited March 2012
    Dufner is pulling away from the pack! This is unreal stuff, indentical to last week. Be interesting to see how he goes tomorrow. He's already said he's not comfortable leading.

It'll be a great shout if he holds on though, especially after you called the Stanley win the other month!

my head is scrambled with who to back in the Masters, can make an argument for so many players, i'll wait another week before i decide.

p.s come on Sergio!!!!