You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00:
    gtfit!!!!
    Posted by jackda
    Yessss wp m8. I'm buzzing :)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00:
    As I'm typing this, Bill Haas is in a play-off with Bradley and Mickelson... Thought i had the win locked up. But no, Bradley and Phil have to go and birdie the 18th...sigh Not confident now.
    Posted by splashies
    Nice win splashies. I switched off when Bill got his par on 18. No Way they were going to birdie 18. Shows how much i know. I put a bet on Haas B4 the final round so made £36.00.
    Onwards and upwards eh splashies
  • edited February 2012
    Well done guys!
  • edited February 2012
    Do the players winnings in the matchplay this week count towards both R2D and the PGA money list?
  • edited February 2012
    I believe they do mate. Why its such an advantage to be in the top 64 and qualify for these events. Get in the top 50 and auto entry to all Majors also. Hoping my fave golfer Robert Rock does well this week and makes the top 50.  Still so gutted I never backed him t'other week :(
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (splashies and jackda win with Bill Haas!) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    Do the players winnings in the matchplay this week count towards both R2D and the PGA money list?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes they do.

Right then I've picked my 3 guys for this week already, will post them up soon.

Heres the draw for the matchplay...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/pgatour/docs/2012_wgc_accenture_match_play.pdf
  • edited February 2012
    WGC Accenture Matchplay

This is going to be so hard to call this week. My 3 picks are pretty much gut feel and guys that when they're hot, they're really hot.

Webb Simpson, looks to have a good chance in the first couple of rounds. He can possibly meet Tiger in the 1/4 finals, but hopefully someone else will see him off.

Bubba Watson had a good run last year and reached the semis. His draw also doesnt look too bad either.

Finally, Charl Schwartzel who does have a tricky side of the draw but will hopefully go deep.

I'll prob have a few cheeky accas come wednesday too.

Gl guys.
    EventPickOddsStake
    WGC MatchplayBubba Watson40/1£2 e/w
    WGC MatchplayCharl Schwartzel40/1£2 e/w
    WGC MatchplayWebb Simpson33/1£2 e/w
  • edited February 2012
    Wd splashies and thanks for the link to the draw.
    Think like you its a bit of a lottery this week so gonna just go for 3 in different parts of the draw in the hope to get a run.

M Kuchar @50/1 £2 e/w-tough 1st couple of rounds but price reflects that I think
    L Donald @16/1 £5 win-should get through the early stages and obv a class act
    G Woodland @80/1 £1 e/w-no comment sigh....
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (splashies and jackda win with Bill Haas!) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    I believe they do mate. Why its such an advantage to be in the top 64 and qualify for these events. Get in the top 50 and auto entry to all Majors also. Hoping my fave golfer Robert Rock does well this week and makes the top 50.  Still so gutted I never backed him t'other week :(
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Cheers m8

Hoping McIlroy and Bradley have a good run in this for the overall money list bets. McIlroy currently 6th (and lets face it the 5 above him won't be there for long) and Bradley is 8th.

Haven't checked the odds yet, so I'll post up later, but Bradley has shown good temperament during play-offs and that is a good sign for matchplay.
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yep defo do.. as with all world golf championship events and majors... may the lottery that is the world matchplay commence lol...
  • edited February 2012
    Well like everyone is saying its a total lottery this week. Any of about 25 players could win this!

I've spread my bets and gone for 1 in each quarter of the draw so I'm not cancelling bets out early doors.

Luke Donald £7.50 win @ 15/1
    Martin Kaymer £7.50 Win @ 20/1
    Sergio Garcia £7.50 Win @ 20/1
    Alvaro Quiros £5 e/w @ 66/1

• edited February 2012
    As I'm typing this, Bill Haas is in a play-off with Bradley and Mickelson... Thought i had the win locked up. But no, Bradley and Phil have to go and birdie the 18th...sigh Not confident now.
    Posted by splashies
    vwd for the Haas pick..... Mickleson played a funny last round.... under hitting all approaches 2 the green
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00 : vwd for the Haas pick..... Mickleson played a funny last round.... under hitting all approaches 2 the green
    Posted by joesman1

Thanks mate. Yeh Faldo was saying that on comm about Phil. :)
  • edited February 2012

my mate had 50 quid e/w on haas @ 45's, what a great shout!!! lift of near 3 grand, would'nt do badly! was very exciting stuff at the end, big shout out to the legend who is keegan Bradley, he's gonna win the lot for years to come

• edited February 2012
    Good news guys, I've been in conversations with Sky_Lee about running a Masters forum competition.

He has given me the go ahead and kindly donated a few prizes.

I'll announce all the details in GPC and here a week or two before the Masters, so watch this space.
  • edited February 2012
    my mate had 50 quid e/w on haas @ 45's, what a great shout!!! lift of near 3 grand, would'nt do badly! was very exciting stuff at the end, big shout out to the legend who is keegan Bradley, he's gonna win the lot for years to come
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Sorry cant have that. His pre shot chinanegans for someone his age is exasperating. His twitching/ doing the 'birdie dance' routine is only gonna get worse, and will end up like sergio was, unable to address the ball and his game will fall apart. Also his constant spitting is revolting..
  • edited February 2012
    lol i'd never noticed his spitting until Sunday night, hes worse than me on a Sunday morning! (i'll add im not doing it on a golf course, but down the sink/loo!!) you have a point with that side, we were talking about it as much as the golf itself. i do however think he will only go onwards and upwards, honestly.

i hope he continues with the 'ridiculous' pre shot shennanigans. concentration (or rather lack of) cost him dear in the bridgestone and nearly came back to haunt him the week later also. i see it as a way to improving his focus and nerve.

as per your sergio comment, heres hoping a wonderful 64 on sunday and some fine putting for a change to boot can lead into the accenture this week, though i have my doubts. if only that boy could get his short game together eh....?
  • edited February 2012
    Well my pin landed on Dustin Johnson took Stan James enhanced win only 35/1 and backed him at 7/1 to win his bracket. Just think he is in weakest quarter. Same bet with Stricker 45/1 and 9/1. And MclRoy enhanced 14/1 though win only with him. Good luck everyone with your picks.
  • edited February 2012
    lol i'd never noticed his spitting until Sunday night, hes worse than me on a Sunday morning! (i'll add im not doing it on a golf course, but down the sink/loo!!) you have a point with that side, we were talking about it as much as the golf itself. i do however think he will only go onwards and upwards, honestly. i hope he continues with the 'ridiculous' pre shot shennanigans. concentration (or rather lack of) cost him dear in the bridgestone and nearly came back to haunt him the week later also. i see it as a way to improving his focus and nerve. as per your sergio comment, heres hoping a wonderful 64 on sunday and some fine putting for a change to boot can lead into the accenture this week, though i have my doubts. if only that boy could get his short game together eh....?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Lol thanks for the discreet spell check. Knew it looked wrong
  • edited February 2012
    My £5.80 worth! !!!!

£2 ew, Ian Poulter @ 30/1
    50p ew, R.Karlsson @ 90/1
    40p ew, Gonzalo-Fernando Castano @ 175/1

edit. Gotta have another 100 pennies ew on Gmac @ 50/1

Need to bink 8 quid to break even!! 

-------------------------------------------

30/1 acca for today.....

• edited February 2012

Just  a £ 1.00 E/w on the following

Dustin Johnson  30/1
    Martin Kaymer    20/1
    Charl Schwartzel  35/1
    Bill Haas             40/1
    Brandt Snedeker  66/1 

Sounds good about a Masters competition

• edited February 2012
    Copied this from the PGA official site... Maybe my bet on Quiros wasn't a good idea...

1211:15 a.m.7. Alvaro Quirosvs10. Martin LairdSnead
    Match Play records: Quiros 0-3, Laird 0-1
    Quiros, the big-hitting Spaniard, has yet to get out of the first round in three tries. Two years ago, he was blown out by Mike Weir 8 and 6. Laird lost to Edoardo Molinari in the first round in his only start. In other words, one of these two will finally see what it's like to play Dove Mountain on Thursday.

• edited February 2012
    Round 1 Acca...

Webb Simpson v Matteo Manassero
    Aaron Baddeley v Louis Oosthuizen
    Kyle Stanley v KJ Choi
    Jason Dufner v Peter Hanson
    Justin Rose v Paul Lawrie

£5 returns ~ £73
  • edited February 2012
    I had 3 accys on for today, G-Mac losing the 1st game has ruined 2 of them :(. Got a treble left, - Haas, Oosthuizen and Bradley.
  • edited February 2012
    Round 1 Acca... Webb Simpson v Matteo Manassero Aaron Baddeley v Louis Oosthuizen Kyle Stanley v KJ Choi Jason Dufner v Peter Hanson Justin Rose v Paul Lawrie £5 returns ~ £73
    Posted by splashies
    Yep,Simpson's letting mine down as well
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (splashies and jackda win with Bill Haas!) Years Profit: -£2.25 : Lol thanks for the discreet spell check. Knew it looked wrong
    Posted by joesman1
    lol im not sure i spelt it right either but i got a little closer ; )

havent backed him for this all the same, was gonna put up scott, even though out of form. think robert rocks 1 up so glad i saved my readies!! ill look at who was the best european / non american left after today, check the draw and have a small flutter. manassero? whats peoples thoughts on him for this?
  • edited February 2012
    Free £5 bet on Jason Day @14/1.

Was dead and buried but got let off the hook and its funny how many times guys go on to win after that happens.

Be lucky.
  • edited February 2012
    Just  a £ 1.00 E/w on the following Dustin Johnson  30/1 Martin Kaymer    20/1 Charl Schwartzel  35/1 Bill Haas             40/1 Brandt Snedeker  66/1  Sounds good about a Masters competition
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Only Bill Has lost. 3 up with 5 to play and shud have have closed it out but Ishikowa put the pressure on with a few late birdies.

Putting  on a small acca with what i think will all be close matches but are good prices

RYO ISHIKAWA      v   Paul Lawrie      11/10

ROB KARLSSON      V Lee Westwood    6/4    might be a birdie blitz

NICK WATNEY        v Tiger Wods          6/5

PETER HANSON      v  Ernie Els             EVENS

£ 5.00  at  22/1
  • edited February 2012
    Well my pin landed on Dustin Johnson took Stan James enhanced win only 35/1 and backed him at 7/1 to win his bracket. Just think he is in weakest quarter. Same bet with Stricker 45/1 and 9/1. And MclRoy enhanced 14/1 though win only with him. Good luck everyone with your picks
    Posted by joesman1

Pin was lucky 1st day, especially the 1 that landed on Johnson, lucky win. That said draw opened up for him now, Molinari 1st, then winner of Rock match next if he survives. 
  • edited February 2012
    Well fair play to anyone who managed to win their accy yesterday. So many suprises it was unreal! I think Keegan Bradley is a great shout to win this now. Good performance in the 1st round and I imagine with all his "Shinnanigans" he is a tough player to play against...

Here is my Accy for today (Mainly low prices) it comes to around 9/1.

GolfWGC World MatchplayMartin Kaymer v David TomsMatch Winner23/02/2012 17:42Martin Kaymer @ 4/7
    GolfWGC World MatchplayRory McIlroy v Anders HansenMatch Winner23/02/2012 18:36Rory McIlroy @ 4/9
    GolfWGC World MatchplayMiguel Angel Jimenez v Keegan BradleyMatch Winner23/02/2012 18:45Keegan Bradley @ 8/15
    GolfWGC World MatchplayCharl Schwartzel v Sang-Moon BaeMatch Winner23/02/2012 17:33Charl Schwartzel @ 1/2
    GolfWGC World MatchplayMatteo Manassero v Martin LairdMatch Winner23/02/2012 16:48Matteo Manassero @ evens
    EDIT: OK that didn't work... The winners of those games, I've gone for Kaymer, McIlroy, Bradley, Schwartzel and Manasero