You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00 : Well he was so unlucky with his chip shot, it wasn't like he had a treadful 18 holes like Levin did today. I saw the amount of support that came in for him and he seemed like he could get over it. Really happy for him, his heart must of been in his mouth on that 18th tee shot seeing it go over the water, and also that 3 footer at the end. LOL Clearly prefers to chase a lead than hold one, I think thats the same with most players TBH.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well done mate. Great pick!

After Bubba made a bad start to the round, i was cheering on Stanley. #fairytalewinner
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00 : Well done mate. Great pick! After Bubba made a bad start to the round, i was cheering on Stanley. #fairytalewinner
    Posted by splashies
    Cheers m8.

I already have an idea who i will back this week, just need to wait for he odds to come up so I can see if they are a good bet or not... Going for the PGA tour hat trick this week :S
  • edited February 2012
    Well I just put my bets on early, (not early enough for Anders Hansen though, he went from 33/1 to 25/1 just as I was about to bet on him!)  :(

European tour

Anders Hansen - 25/1 - £7.50 - e/w

Two chances to win - A.Hansen + Colsaerts - 16/1 - £10 win only

Anders Hansen has been lurking around the top 10 recently and with a 2nd place here last year I think he has a good shout for this.

Colsaerts is playing really well lately, and hopefully he can make that step this week. - After Hansen got dropped to 25/1 they hadn't dropped the "Two chances to win" offer and that was still 16/1 so I thought I would jump on it to back Colsaerts, but also a double cash-in if Hansen does win.

AT + T (Going for a PGA Tour Hat-Trick)

Hunter Mahan - 20/1 - £6 - Win only  - Had some good results recently and with his high finish here last year I would be suprised if he wasn't in the top 10.

Harris English - 80/1 - £4  e/w - Quietly getting some good results, he is new on the tour this year and it's only a matter of time before he gets a top 5, I want to get him at decent odds before he really bursts onto the scene and loses his value.

p.s LOL at the new thread title :-)

EDIT: Also done all 4 combinations of doubles.
  • edited February 2012

Right then, done mine early this week too.

PGA Tour - Pebble Beach

Gone for two guys who have done well over the years here. Last years winner (Points) and Holmes, who has a very good track record @ Pebble.

European Tour  - Dubai Desert

Both these guys had top 5 finishes in this event last year and they had excellent weeks last week. These two really stand out for me when looking at current and course form. Hanson and Gonnet.

EventPickOddsStake
    Pebble BeachDA Points40/1£1.50 e/w
    Pebble BeachJB Holmes100/1£1.50 e/w
    Dubai DesertPeter Hanson20/1£3 win
    Dubai DesertJean-Baptiste Gonnet50/1£1.50 e/w
     4x e/w doubles £0.50 e/w
  • edited February 2012
    Boring choice this week in Europe (well ok Dubai)... Kaymer showed over the weekend in Qatar he is finding his feet again after his winter break.... By his own admission Qatar is his least fav of the Desert Swing. Lads and Corals are 9/1 everyone else 8's or less so im on early as i think the Racing Post will tip him up. Totally faultless display by Lawrie spoilt my saver on Day last week... happy days not!! As for the Pebble Beach.... Anyone remember 2000??? Again not original but Tiger couldn't hand pick a better course to exercise the ghosts of the past 2 years (cant count his own tournie as a proper win). The double pays 64/1 not bad whatever your stake. Well done Flash for backing Stanley. I backed him 3 times last year inc when Stricker robbed him... I felt i got out of jail when he combusted last week as i didn't have a bet as i knew i would be in Luton for the SPT all weekend. I didn't give him a prayer this week after that. Got to be comeback story of the year already. Absolutely brilliant effort!! 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush wins again!) Years Profit: -£62.00:
    Boring choice this week in Europe (well ok Dubai)... Kaymer showed over the weekend in Qatar he is finding his feet again after his winter break.... By his own admission Qatar is his least fav of the Desert Swing. Lads and Corals are 9/1 everyone else 8's or less so im on early as i think the Racing Post will tip him up. Totally faultless display by Lawrie spoilt my saver on Day last week... happy days not!! As for the Pebble Beach.... Anyone remember 2000??? Again not original but Tiger couldn't hand pick a better course to exercise the ghosts of the past 2 years (cant count his own tournie as a proper win). The double pays 64/1 not bad whatever your stake. Well done Flash for backing Stanley. I backed him 3 times last year inc when Stricker robbed him... I felt i got out of jail when he combusted last week as i didn't have a bet as i knew i would be in Luton for the SPT all weekend. I didn't give him a prayer this week after that. Got to be comeback story of the year already. Absolutely brilliant effort!! 
    Posted by joesman1
    Have you just gone for the double or backing them both on their own as well?
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush wins again!) Years Profit: -£62.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (FlashFlush wins again!) Years Profit: -£62.00 : Have you just gone for the double or backing them both on their own as well?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Backed them singular win only as 1/4 the odds at 9/1 and 11/2 doesn't appeal to me. Basically doubling your money on Kaymer or just over your money back on Woods. But the double I've done e/w. 
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    Jeff Maggert 125/1 John mallinger 100/1 Vijay Singh 80/1 Sean O'hair 55/1 All at Pebble beach, £1.50ew on each
  • edited February 2012
    Ha Ha. I'd like to say it was all me, but I'm sure it wasn't lol

Yeah I always bet on Skybet, I know the odds here are generally pretty rubbish compared to other sites, but this is where my poker BR is so it makes it easier for me to use Skybet.
  • edited February 2012
    Jeff Maggert 125/1 John mallinger 100/1 Vijay Singh 80/1 Sean O'hair 55/1 All at Pebble beach, £1.50ew on each
    Posted by shuv
    Welcome to the thread and good luck :)
  • edited February 2012
    AT&T (aka Flashflush benefit fund)

Backed Ryan Palmer for a couple of quid e/w for kicks @100/1 and Bryce Molder for a fiver @25/1 as has a good record here.
    GL

• edited February 2012
    Just had a £5 in-play double on McIlroy and Harrington. Returns £325.

Out of my original picks, only DA points has a chnace this week.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb 2-5 picks up) Years Profit: -£50.00:
    Hi just seen this thread..... i enjoy golf bets every week and dream of the 'facespitter' and getting the trans atlantic double... im a med/large stakes punter on the golf so not too sure about announcing my stakes but i like to use prev course form/current form/knowlege and data from certain media to help me make my selections... bit late i know to declare my selections this week.. but hey ho.. i put an acca on horses on weds and inc westwood as the final leg, all won, so all going on westwood on the nose 10/1.... missed 3 short putts today so very frustrating, but gets best of the weather in the morning.. done fowler ew in the usa and done the double ew... looking forward to following this post.. gl guys
    Posted by joesman1

Gambling is obviously part luck, but with golf, it's about timing too. Be gutted if Westwood holds on, would have picked up 12 bags if he had done the business last week for a £100 acca. 
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by joesman1

I'm happy Kaymers only 2 shots off westy as he played very averagely today. As I type this Tigers on the prowl too. Fully expect Wi to go the way of Stanley and Levin. So the Pebble Beach is anybody's. 

• edited February 2012
    Another rubbish week for me. But here we go again...

PGA Tour - Northern Trust

Tight tree-lined course this week, with thick rough and small greens. Accuracy will be a decent attribute this week.

KJ Choi should have a decent week here and he manged a T7 finish here last year.

Bill Haas came 12th here last year and has started the year off well with 4/4 cuts made and 3 top 25 finishes and 1 top 10.

European Tour - Avantha Masters

Lots of water this week, which is always fun! Course is fairly tight off the tee too.

Two standout players for me this week and they both head the field in the betting.

Joost Luiten T16 here last year and a quality player

Gregory Havret came 3rd here last year and should do well again.

EventPickOddsStake
    Northern TrustKJ Choi40/1£1.50 e/w
    Northern TrustBill Haas50/1£1.50 e/w
    AvanthaJoost Luiten16/1£3 win
    AvanthaGregory Havret18/1£3 win
     4x e/w doubles £0.50 e/w
  • edited February 2012
    EventPickOddsStake
    Northern TrustAdam Scott30/1£10 e/w

AvanthaRichie Ramsay33/1£10 e/w

e/w double £5 e/w
    I've gone for those as I think they have a great chance of making top 5 finishes and the odds are generous. I think a win would be a bonus.
  • edited February 2012
    If any of you guys are following John Rhodes on twitter (Skybet golf product manager), he's got a comp going this week to win a free £25 bet on the Masters...

John Rhodes @rhodesygolf

2nd US Masters £25 freebet with @skybet just tell me how many birdies will the Northern Trust Winner have this week? Reply using #NTBirdies

https://twitter.com/#!/rhodesygolf

*Make sure you use the hashtag #NTBirdies

• edited February 2012
    Another free £5 bet so stuck it on Thongchai Jaidee @ 25/1.

Be lucky.
  • edited February 2012
    NORTHERN TRUST

Was gonna go for Aaron Baddeley after his strong finish last week and hes defending champ but thought 30/1 too skinny as he dont win enough.In the end gone for Woodland again @66/1 £2.50 e/w and Bill Haas(sorry splashies)@50/1 £2.50 e/w.

GL
  • edited February 2012
    Scott Jaimeson Avantha Masters ew 40/1 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00:
    Event Pick Odds Stake Northern Trust Adam Scott 30/1 £10 e/w       Avantha Richie Ramsay 33/1 £10 e/w         e/w double   £5 e/w I've gone for those as I think they have a great chance of making top 5 finishes and the odds are generous. I think a win would be a bonus.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Had a dream last night that Adam Scott won and Ramsay came 5th. (for some reason they were in the same comp though) lets see if I can predict the future, lol
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00 : Had a dream last night that Adam Scott won and Ramsay came 5th. (for some reason they were in the same comp though) lets see if I can predict the future, lol
    Posted by FlashFlush

lolololol
  • edited February 2012

NORTHERN TRUST

my longshot bet is freddie jacobson e/w at 100/1 and i think jason day at 33/1 is a decent price hes gonna win soon

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00 : Had a dream last night that Adam Scott won and Ramsay came 5th. (for some reason they were in the same comp though) lets see if I can predict the future, lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    My dreams are a load of old guff!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb16-19 Picks Up) Years Profit: -£83.00 : My dreams are a load of old guff!
    Posted by FlashFlush

Lets just put it down to variance :P
  • edited February 2012
    So Jbe Kruger is leading...sadly i tipped him to DOHHHHHHH late on wednesday night, but failed to put any money on myself.

19 players within 4 shots though, still anyones to win.
  • edited February 2012
    As I'm typing this, Bill Haas is in a play-off with Bradley and Mickelson...

Thought i had the win locked up. But no, Bradley and Phil have to go and birdie the 18th...sigh

Not confident now.
  • edited February 2012
    tell me about it.how the f do they both get birdies on the last?
  • edited February 2012