You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Just to add... Charles Howell is going off at 22/1 in the other PGA tour event. Really soft field and IMO is a mile above the other players. I've stuck £10 on him to win, might be worth a look considering the soft field.
  • edited February 2012
    I very handily received a free £10 bet this morning...

So stuck it £5 e/w on Kyle Stanley @ 25/1

His side of the draw looks a lot better now Donald is out.:
  • edited February 2012
    Backed Lawrie,Day,Bradley and McIlroy for a fiver,about 13/2.
    Also fancy Watney to beat Woods @5/4 and Watson to beat Kuchar @4/5 but cant bet against myself this early in tournie with the Watson 1.
  • edited February 2012
    ive put 1 pt win schwartzal 14/1 with view to back manassero e/w if he gets through today
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    ive put 1 pt win schwartzal 14/1 with view to back manassero e/w if he gets through today
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    kiss of bloody death i am! i think ill call it a day re matchplay betting and enjoy the action unfold over weekend
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    Free £5 bet on Jason Day @14/1. Was dead and buried but got let off the hook and its funny how many times guys go on to win after that happens. Be lucky.
    Posted by achill
    OR NOT!!

Had £10 on Watney to beat Woods @ 11/10.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (splashies and jackda win with Bill Haas!) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    Well my pin landed on Dustin Johnson took Stan James enhanced win only 35/1 and backed him at 7/1 to win his bracket. Just think he is in weakest quarter. Same bet with Stricker 45/1 and 9/1. And MclRoy enhanced 14/1 though win only with him. Good luck everyone with your picks.
    Posted by joesman1
    My pin remains lucky. If Johnson and Stricker can both scrape through today (Stricker esp' has a tough 'un), I'm in a strong position and can back their opponents in a double in the quarter finals to guarantee a profit. MclRoy can't complain about his draw right through to the semis either. 
  • edited February 2012
    Still got  Dustin Johnson , Martin Kaymer and Brandt Snedeker in the mix.  Was suprised when Schwartzel got knocked out as seemed to be in control.

Gonna put a double on today on

HUNTER MAHAN   V Steve Stricker   19/20

JOHN SENDEN      v Bae                 4/6
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Years Profit: -£2.25 : kiss of bloody death i am! i think ill call it a day re matchplay betting and enjoy the action unfold over weekend
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    I'm in the same boat m8. I reckon I've put on £100 with no return over this week on the matchplay! Kaymer is still in the mix though and Charles Howell had a great start over on the tour so hopefully they can get me out of this hole!
  • edited February 2012
    Yeh all my picks have busted early too. Good fun to watch but nightmare to bet.

I might have a tiny goliath or something similar on the 8 games today just for interest.
  • edited February 2012
    Ok so purely for a bit of fun iv had tonnes of tiny bets including  singles, doubles, trebles and fourfolds etc, totalling £11.10

Heres how iv called the matches...

Stricker v Mahan
    Westwood v Watney
    Laird v Lawrie
    Snedeker v Hanson
    Johnson v Wilson
    McIlroy v Jimenez
    Kaymer v Kuchar
    Senden V Bae

I'll be impressed if i get 4/8 here lol
  • edited February 2012
    Ok so purely for a bit of fun iv had tonnes of tiny bets including  singles, doubles, trebles and fourfolds etc, totalling £11.10 Heres how iv called the matches... Stricker v Mahan Westwood v Watney Laird v Lawrie Snedeker v Hanson Johnson v Wilson McIlroy v Jimenez Kaymer v Kuchar Senden V Bae I'll be impressed if i get 4/8 here lol
    Posted by splashies
    Good Luck, personally id have gone with mcIlroy but gone against you in all the others
  • edited February 2012
    Well thats that then.

Dustin Johnson and Martin Kaymer and Brandt Snedeker well and truly spanked.

Gonne for McIlroy and Westood today to go along with Ireland and Wales in the Rugby.
  • edited February 2012
    Ok so purely for a bit of fun iv had tonnes of tiny bets including  singles, doubles, trebles and fourfolds etc, totalling £11.10 Heres how iv called the matches... Stricker v Mahan Westwood v Watney Laird v Lawrie Snedeker v Hanson Johnson v Wilson McIlroy v Jimenez Kaymer v Kuchar Senden V Bae I'll be impressed if i get 4/8 here lol
    Posted by splashies
    lol I got 4/8, returned £6.15. Not sure if i'll bet on the games today as im out tonight.
  • edited February 2012

Oh well, Stricker came up against an inspired man, Johnson just played like a plonker. All hopes of a profit hinge on Mclroy now. Not gonna try pick another and do more money in. Though I wouldn't put anyone off Mahan the way he is playing, still a very fair price. 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Accenture Matchplay) Years Profit: -£2.25 : Quarter finals be done and dusted by 6pm. What time do u start on the pi@@?? Lol
    Posted by joesman1
    Ah ok, I'm of to watch the mighty Cobblers anyway, we're on a roll, two wins in row. Unheard of!
  • edited February 2012
    Hunter Mahan is good bet at 7/2 on some sites to win it all. hes playing amazing golf and has crushed almost everyone hes played so far. Ive had a big bet oin him today to beat mark wilson at 7/10 as he is just simply playing the best. Also think westwood will beta Mcilroy today as with an early lead Mcilroy will just drop his head and Westwood will just prve too solid for him IMO
  • edited February 2012
    Hunter Mahan is good bet at 7/2 on some sites to win it all. hes playing amazing golf and has crushed almost everyone hes played so far. Ive had a big bet oin him today to beat mark wilson at 7/10 as he is just simply playing the best. Also think westwood will beta Mcilroy today as with an early lead Mcilroy will just drop his head and Westwood will just prve too solid for him IMO
    Posted by Knowles001
    Rory's head didn't drop!!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (splashies and jackda win with Bill Haas!) Years Profit: -£2.25:
    Well my pin landed on Dustin Johnson took Stan James enhanced win only 35/1 and backed him at 7/1 to win his bracket. Just think he is in weakest quarter. Same bet with Stricker 45/1 and 9/1. And MclRoy enhanced 14/1 though win only with him. Good luck everyone with your picks.
    Posted by joesman1
    Grrrr do i stick or twist?? Wish i'd taken my own advice and backed Mahan at 7/1 yesterday morning, i'd be sitting pretty now. I can either take the chance for a very nice profit and do nothing, or i can have a lump on Mahan at 6/4... Think i'll have half a lump on him, win twice my initial stake on the event if Mahan wins, and win much bigger if my original pick wins
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season:
    Just had a look at the money list odds for 2012. I think Webb Simpson could be in for a good year @ 16/1. But by far the standout odds are Keegan Bradley @ 100/1!! Since the guy burst onto the scene half way through the season he has been rock solid. No way is this guy 100/1. By no means would I say he is the favourite, but who would of thought Luke Donald would of done what he did in 2011... I think McIlroy will win the R2D this year comfortably. Doubt I will bet on it though as the odds are too short for a year long bet. I've put £5 on Bradley, and I might ring up Sky and get them to place the double. What would the odds on the double be Mr stats man? 100/1 + 9/2
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well one good thing came out of this week. Rory has taken no.1 spot on the R2D. Shame Keegan couldn't go through at least 1 more round, but he is currently 11th. A big finish this week at the Honda classic could put him in a great spot!
  • edited February 2012
    Right then back to the regular stroke play tournaments :)

Well done to anyone who made any money last week.

I'll post my picks up for this week in the morning.
  • edited February 2012
    No European Tour event this week, so just the one event to bet on.

PGA Tour - Honda Classic

It looks like it will probably be a tough scoring event again this week, if previous years are to go by.

First pick is Charl Schwartzel. I'm going to stick with him again for another week. He notched a top 15 here last year and i always fancy him on tough courses.

Second pick is Mark Wilson. He won this event in '07 and comes into the week in great form after his excellent display in the matchplay. He is already a winner this year too, i think hes excellent value this week.

Finally, Ben Crane. Has come in the top 5 in this event twice out of the last four years. Has managed 3 top 10's this season already and usually goes well in tough conditions.

Good luck guys.
    EventPickOddsStake
    Honda ClassicCharl Schwartzel25/1£2 e/w
    Honda ClassicMark Wilson50/1£2 e/w
    Honda ClassicBen Crane33/1£2 e/w
  • edited February 2012
    I might be completely wrong but I think the fav's in the Honda are suspect this week. After a hard slog last week, and another WGC event next week, how bothered are Mclroy and Westwood gonna be this week?? And Woods?? OMG he was poor again last week. With these heading the betting,  we are getting juicy prices on everyone else. At 66/1 I'm giving Rickie Fowler another chance. Double the odds he's been most of the season. 
  • edited February 2012
    I thought I already posted my bets but obviously not...

Mark Wilson (40/1)
    Y.E Yang (40/1)
    Johnson Wagner (80/1)
  • edited February 2012
    Was gonna go for Yang like Flashie has but instead picked 3 others:

S.O'Hair@66/1 £2 e/w
    F.Jacobson @50/1 £2 e/w
    K.Stanley @33/1 £3 e/w

No particular reason on any except don't fancy any of the favourites or any one who had a run last week,

GL all
  • edited February 2012
    Keegan Bradley 25/1
    Graeme McDowell 35/1

£5ew ^^^

Carl Petterson 100/1
    Rober Karlsson 75/1

£2ew ^^^^
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Honda Classic) Years Profit: -£24.25:
    Was gonna go for Yang like Flashie has but instead picked 3 others: S.O'Hair@66/1 £2 e/w F.Jacobson @50/1 £2 e/w K.Stanley @33/1 £3 e/w No particular reason on any except don't fancy any of the favourites or any one who had a run last week,                                                                  GL all
    Posted by jackda

lol nice rubdown :P

Good luck all.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Honda Classic) Years Profit: -£24.25:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Honda Classic) Years Profit: -£24.25 : lol nice rubdown :P Good luck all.
    Posted by splashies
    lol,didn't mean it that way(great start for Stanley +5)
  • edited March 2012
    Just had a cheeky £2 e/w on Jeff Overton at 40/1.
  • edited March 2012
    I might be completely wrong but I think the fav's in the Honda are suspect this week. After a hard slog last week, and another WGC event next week, how bothered are Mclroy and Westwood gonna be this week?? And Woods?? OMG he was poor again last week. With these heading the betting,  we are getting juicy prices on everyone else. At 66/1 I'm giving Rickie Fowler another chance. Double the odds he's been most of the season. 
    Posted by joesman1
    lol.... am i allowed to ridicule myself??? Rory wins... Tiger 2nd.... Westy 4th.... and just to rub salt into my wounds Fowler finishes 1 shot off the money and a nice 16.5/1 place win... somehow managed a double bogey from the middle of the 6th fairway grrrr