You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited March 2012
    lol we've all been there joesman.

I got a tiny bit of money back with Schwartzel finishing T5. Well played Rory though!
  • edited March 2012
    WGC Cadillac

I think I've managed to get some decent prices by choosing my picks early this week. Not all bookies have opened the market for this weeks event yet.

First pick is Charl Schwartzel. This is the third week in a row i've gone for him now. He managed to place last week, even after visiting the water hazards numerous times during his 4 rounds. He's playing really well for 90% of his rounds, so a win this week is well within his capabalities.

Second pick is Rickie Fowler, this is purely going by the stats. Tied 8th here last year + T7th last week = solid pick.

Finally, its a gut feel pick in Webb Simpson. He hasnt played much this year as of yet, but from his 4 events in 2012 he's managed 2 top 10's already. 45/1 for the World ranked 6th player is decent value.
    EventPickOddsStake
    WGC CadillacCharl Schwartzel30/1£2 e/w
    WGC CadillacRickie Fowler55/1£2 e/w
    WGC CadillacWebb Simpson45/1£2 e/w
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Honda Classic) Years Profit: -£24.25:
    lol we've all been there joesman. I got a tiny bit of money back with Schwartzel finishing T5. Well played Rory though!
    Posted by splashies
    I'm afraid I can't bring myself to say 'well done' the week after I stood to win a decent bet off him, played like a fool in the final. I backed him for weeks prior to St Andrews only for him to follow his opening 64 with an 81. . Backed him at Augusta last year then left him alone for the US Open. . . Can't catch him right.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Honda Classic) Years Profit: -£29.00:
    WGC Cadillac I think I've managed to get some decent prices by choosing my picks early this week. Not all bookies have opened the market for this weeks event yet. First pick is Charl Schwartzel . This is the third week in a row i've gone for him now. He managed to place last week, even after visiting the water hazards numerous times during his 4 rounds. He's playing really well for 90% of his rounds, so a win this week is well within his capabalities. Second pick is Rickie Fowler , this is purely going by the stats. Tied 8th here last year + T7th last week = solid pick. Finally, its a gut feel pick in Webb Simpson . He hasnt played much this year as of yet, but from his 4 events in 2012 he's managed 2 top 10's already. 45/1 for the World ranked 6th player is decent value. Event Pick Odds Stake WGC Cadillac Charl Schwartzel 30/1 £2 e/w WGC Cadillac Rickie Fowler 55/1 £2 e/w WGC Cadillac Webb Simpson 45/1 £2 e/w
    Posted by splashies
    25/1(grrrr) and also going for Mahan £2e/w @33/1,did well here last year after the 1st couple of rounds and obv won the other week.gl all
  • edited March 2012
    Big comp this week so I shall be having a go again :)

As Marcel Siem isn't there, the unfortunate golfer I have picked instead is Martin Kaymer @ 33/1.

I'm also having literally a few pennies each way on Sang Moon Bae @ 150/1? I think he's the guy who went deep in the FA cup WGC a few weeks back?

• edited March 2012
    3 stand out players had really good final rounds last week, so that's the reason I've gone for them this week. Something must of clicked for Woods last week and I think he has a great chance (I never normally bet on him).

Tiger Woods - 13/2 - £10 Win
    Lee Westwood - 14/1 - £10 Win 
    Rickie Fowler - 40/1 - £6 e/w
  • edited March 2012
    Decided to add one more outsider to my original 3 picks, Louis Oosthuizen @ 90/1

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Cadillac) Years Profit: -£29.00:
    Decided to add one more outsider to my original 3 picks, Louis Oosthuizen @ 90/1
    Posted by splashies
    90/1 is great odds, so backed him as well. (Mainly for top 5 as I can't see him winning)
  • edited March 2012
    Gone for Westwood this week. . . Surely his turn to bag a big one must come soon. Also can't let Fowler go after coming so close to a place last week, though it irk's that he is 16 points less this week in a stronger field. 
  • edited March 2012
    Doing rubbish on golf this season so far so just small e/w bets this week.

Charl Schwartzel
    Sergio Garcia
    Webb Simpson. Seemed very good odds
    Y.E. Yang as a total outside Blind pick at 150/1
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Cadillac) Years Profit: -£29.00:
    Doing rubbish on golf this season so far so just small e/w bets this week. Charl Schwartzel Sergio Garcia Webb Simpson. Seemed very good odds Y.E. Yang as a total outside Blind pick at 150/1
    Posted by ALFIE123

Good luck...

I just read that u gave DOHHHHHHH a bashing on the tables yest! n1!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Cadillac) Years Profit: -£29.00 : Good luck... I just read that u gave DOHHHHHHH a bashing on the tables yest! n1!
    Posted by splashies
    Was getting fed up on DYM so thought i would try my hand at HU.
    DOHH came along and to be fair i had a decent run of cards as well. I was surprised he
    played for about 12 games tho when i had the upper hand.
    Another night maybe a different story.
  • edited March 2012
    Bill Haas 1pt win 55/1
  • edited March 2012

0.5 pt e/w sang-moon bae 125/1 if only that he was in good form a fortnight ago at the match play......

• edited March 2012
    Can't believe sergio. 5 under then 5 straight bogeys. Stuffed his tee shot into water on 18 then I switched off.
  • edited March 2012
    Then shoved his next into the water. I play better on Sunday morning after I have had a skinful the night before
  • edited March 2012
    Doing rubbish on golf this season so far so just small e/w bets this week. Charl Schwartzel Sergio Garcia Webb Simpson. Seemed very good odds Y.E. Yang as a total outside Blind pick at 150/1
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Got a bit of interest stiil for the weekend which makes a change.
    Scwartzel is nicely placed and just a shame about 2 late bogeys in round 2
    Webb Simpson needs amother 66 today to really get in the mix.
    Yang will be a reet Brucey Bonus if he shoots 2 more good rounds.

As far as Sergio is concerned do you think his confidence has now gone. I guess he wants this tourney
    to finish and then can get back on the practice. Was tipping him for the Masters as well.
  • edited March 2012
    Managed to get some money this week then with an e/w payout for Schwartzel.

Will post this weeks picks a bit later.
  • edited March 2012
    Really disapointed with Keegan's back 9. By the turn he was in 1st place which was giving him #1 spot in the FedEx cup race (and probably the money list too) and Rory being no.1 on the R2D. He 4 putted 1 green when he was leading which totally killed any confidence, from there he self imploded. Hope he comes back fighting this week. He seems like the kind of player that will, so if the odds are good I might have a little wager on him.

EDIT: No I won't, he isn't in the field!
  • edited March 2012
    European Tour - Open de Andalucia

Joost Luiten @ 28/1 - decent run here last year T18, seems v confident (on twitter)
    Richard Sterne @ 60/1 - gut feel pick here, had a decent 2012 so far and is clearly a talent

PGA Tour - Transitions

Martin Laird 40/1 - T5 last year
    Jason Dufner 80/1 - gut feel pick again.

Also done 4 e/w doubles too.

• edited March 2012
    OK got to get back to winning ways now!!!

PGA Tour:

Luke Donald £25 e/w @ 10/1 (I won a £50 free bet in the priority freeroll)
    Paul Casey   £3 e/w @ 80/1

European Tour:

Jean-Baptiste Gonnet £3 e/w @ 40/1 
    Gregory Havret £4 win only @ 28/1

I did a couple of doubles as well.. Gonnet + Donald and also did Havret + Casey
  • edited March 2012
    European Tour - Open de Andalucia Joost Luiten @ 28/1 - decent run here last year T18, seems v confident (on twitter) Richard Sterne @ 60/1 - gut feel pick here, had a decent 2012 so far and is clearly a talent PGA Tour - Transitions Martin Laird 40/1 - T5 last year Jason Dufner 80/1 - gut feel pick again. Also done 4 e/w doubles too.
    Posted by splashies
    Had to laugh at this splashie.Making our selections based on players moods on twitter ftw!
    Going for Simpson and Woodland 1st and 2nd last year and both played better last week.
    £5 win and £2:50 e/w @20/1 and 50/1 respectively.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (WGC Cadillac) Years Profit: -£29.00 : Had to laugh at this splashie.Making our selections based on players moods on twitter ftw! Going for Simpson and Woodland 1st and 2nd last year and both played better last week. £5 win and £2:50 e/w @20/1 and 50/1 respectively.
    Posted by jackda

lool yeh ur right.

But he said hes found something these last few weeks in his short game, which has been the only thing holding him back.

But yeh he'll prob 3 putt every hole now, sigh :(
  • edited March 2012
    This week i have gone for

Zach Johnson     £ 2.00 E/W  at  45-1
    Pat Perez           £ 1.00 E/W  at  100-1

Johnson had a decent week last week and Perez is a very good putter and been consistent so far this season and worth a top 5 finish.
  • edited March 2012
    *Bump*

Thread was in danger of falling off the 1st page, thanks to IDCU starting a new thread every 5 mins.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00:
    *Bump* Thread was in danger of falling off the 1st page, thanks to IDCU starting a new thread every 5 mins.
    Posted by splashies
    Wats happened to the Cobblers in last few weeks. On a right roll.

By the way Splashies any news on the Masters Comp you were looking at possible doing.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open de Andalucia + Transitions Championship) Years Profit: -£28.00 : Wats happened to the Cobblers in last few weeks. On a right roll. By the way Splashies any news on the Masters Comp you were looking at possible doing.
    Posted by ALFIE123

Aidy Boothroyd is a genius, cant wait for next season now.

Yes I'm still doing the Masters comp but i need to wait for the field to be confirmed, which will be on Sunday 1st April.

I'll prob put up the thread for it a week before that though, to get the word out.
    But people wont be able to make their selections until the 1st April.
  • edited March 2012
    Aidy Bothroyd.  Mmm Young English Manager. Next thing he will be touted as the next Englamd Manager.
  • edited March 2012
    Should be a good day of golf today. Both events are tightly packed. Just hoping Jason Dufner can do the biz tonight after he failed to push on yeterday.
  • edited March 2012
    OK got to get back to winning ways now!!! PGA Tour: Luke Donald £25 e/w @ 10/1 (I won a £50 free bet in the priority freeroll) Paul Casey   £3 e/w @ 80/1 European Tour: Jean-Baptiste Gonnet £3 e/w @ 40/1  Gregory Havret £4 win only @ 28/1 I did a couple of doubles as well.. Gonnet + Donald and also did Havret + Casey
    Posted by FlashFlush
    BOOOOOOMMMMM!! WIIIIIII!!    :))))