You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited January 2012
    sticking to this for the season and i might regret it!!!!!

e,w doubles  and the odd single e.w

Anthony Kim @ 30/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.

Nicolas Colsaerts @ 33/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 4 places.) £1 ew double

Chris Kirk @ 50/1 (Each Way: 1/4 for first 5 places.) £1 ew
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 12-14 picks up) Years Profit: -£17.00:
    This weeks bets: European tour:  Thomas Aiken has been very consistant recently, especially while over in SA, so I think he is a good shout to scoop the lot this week. 18/1 is an OK price although not great. Alex Noren is a very good player, and capable of winning anything when he plays his best game. Hopefully the rest has done him good and I think he will come out fireing in his 1st tournament on the season. 25/1 is a decent price Thomas Aiken - 18/1 - win only £10 Alex Noren - 25/1 - win only £10 PGA Tour Carl Petterson had a very good final round and is looking very dangerous, he finished very well after having a double bogie early in the round as well as a bogie free 1st round. 45/1 very good price. Jason Dufner has been up there and challenging quite often towards the end of the season last year, and is always a threat. @ 66/1 thats very juicey! Matt Kuchar is the best player in the field and if he plays well he shouldn't have a lot of problems this week, but he hasn't played much at the end of last year and maybe a bit rusty. Can't turn him down at 16/1. Carl Petterson - 45/1 - £7.50 e/w Jason Dufner - 66/1 - £7.50 e/w Matt Kuchar - 16/1 - win only £15
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well Aiken has totally self combusted in the last 2 days and Noren has missed the chance to close the gap. Really frustating when you see the leaders keep struggling but your golfers can't put a few birdies together too take control! :(

On the flip side, after day1 I think all 3 of my golfers on the PGA tour were only on -1 and way back, but Jason Dufner has put a couple of really good rounds together and is now in contention to win it providing the top couple of golfers stutter a bit like they so often do under pressure. Goodluck Jason. £7.50 e/w @ 66/1 to win the lot = happy Flashy
  • edited January 2012
    Snedeker was a real let down 4 me on the final round.

Stuffed one in the water then missed 2  4 footers then didnt really do anything
    Thought he was going to walk it when he got to -20 but thats what you get by backing him i guess.
    Blows red hot or stone cold
  • edited January 2012
    So annoying when the previous weeks pick wins the following week. Oh well.

All 4 of my picks this week flopped again.
    EventPickOddsStakeResultProfitOverall Profit
    Humana ChallengeBill Haas25/1£1.50 e/wT64-£3.00-£25.00
    Humana ChallengeJohn Rollins50/1£1.50 e/wT66-£3.00-£28.00
    VolvoRobert Karlsson16/1£1.50 e/wT12-£3.00-£31.00
    VolvoMateo Manassero40/1£1.50 e/w23-£3.00-£34.00
  • edited January 2012
    This weeks picks are below, I'm too tired to do a write up.
    EventPickOddsStake
    Farmers InsGary Woodland45/1£1.50 e/w
    Farmers InsAnthony Kim45/1£1.50 e/w
    Abu DhabiSergio Garcia25/1£1.50 e/w
    Abu DhabiNicolas Colsaerts66/1£1.50 e/w
    Lets hope these 4 players do better this week!

Good luck if you're having a go.
  • edited January 2012
    EventPickOddsStake
    Farmers InsBrandt Snedeker22/1£5 win
    Farmers InsRickie Fowler28/1£5 win
    Abu DhabiSergio Garcia25/1£5 win
    Abu DhabiAlvaro Quiros30/1£5 win
    Abu Dhabi    George Murray250/1£2 e/w

Predicting Spanish dominance in Dubai, but George Murray at 250/1 is crazy, the guy has been challenging recently so worth a shot.
  • edited January 2012
    Abu Dhabi

Sergio Garcia  £ 2.50 e/w
    Jason Day      £ 2.50 e/w

Farmers Insurance

Ricky Fowler    £ 1.50 e/w
    Gary Woodland £ 1.50 e/w
  • edited January 2012
    Abu Dhabi-M.Kaymer 7/1 £5 (boring selection but just for interest)

Farmers jobbie-My man G.woodland 45/1-gonna back him every week if poss £2.50 e/w
                                      B.cauley 66/1-same as above really £1 e/w

gl-nice to see we're all selecting similar in Woodland and Garcia
  • edited January 2012
    £1 ew double on bill hass @ peter hanson both @ 40/1
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00:
    Abu Dhabi-M.Kaymer 7/1 £5 (boring selection but just for interest) Farmers jobbie-My man G.woodland 45/1-gonna back him every week if poss £2.50 e/w                                   B.cauley 66/1-same as above really £1 e/w gl-nice to see we're all selecting similar in Woodland and Garcia
    Posted by jackda
    Great start for Kaymer!
    Like I have said b4 HATE the european tour,never get a run
  • edited January 2012
    Just put a £4 in-play double on McIlroy and Mahan both to win.

I really need to be more disciplined and stop doing these in-play bets.

Returns about £220 anyway.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00:
    Just put a £4 in-play double on McIlroy and Mahan both to win. I really need to be more disciplined and stop doing these in-play bets. Returns about £220 anyway.
    Posted by splashies
    Sorry Splashies.  But cant see past Tiger in Abu Dhabi.

Mahan or Snedeker at the Farmers.

Good luck anyway
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00 : Sorry Splashies.  But cant see past Tiger in Abu Dhabi. Mahan or Snedeker at the Farmers. Good luck anyway
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Yeh i did it when Rory and Tiger were on -7.

Tiger looks good you're right. If anyone can beat him, Rory can.
  • edited January 2012
    As you are a Cobblers fan then at least you have faith and HOPE
  • edited January 2012
    As you are a Cobblers fan then at least you have faith and HOPE
    Posted by ALFIE123

Sigh, this thread is turning into 1 big rubdown.

Come on the cobblers today, one time!!!
  • edited January 2012
    £1 ew double on bill hass @ peter hanson both @ 40/1
    Posted by dubmaster
    a chance of an ew double fingers crosed!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Well done to Robert Rock, just comes across as a genuinely nice guy, and really pleased for him. The 1 thing that tilts me, I saw he has been really consistent lately and I saw him at 125/1 at the start of the week, it was a flip with him or George Murray so I went with the long odds.  EPIC FAIL!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Feel confident over my picks this week, then again I do every week :-)

European tour

Matteo Manessero - 45/1 £10 e/w

PGA Tour

Kyle Stanley - 50/1 £10 e/w

£2 double!

Manessero played well in Abu Dhabi and I felt if he was a little closer he could of pushed for the win.

Stanley was very unlucky last week, I saw his "collapse" but I felt he was extremely unlucky how his ball went in the water on the 18th, 9/10 that stays on the green. Often these pros come back firing and I expect him too.
  • edited February 2012
    PGA

Free £5 bet so stuck it on Nick Watney @ 25/1
  • edited February 2012

EventPickOddsStake
    Phoenix OpenRicky Fowler22/1£2 win
    Phoenix OpenBubba Watson35/1£2 win
    Qatar MastersRobert Karlsson22/1£2 win
    Qatar MastersFrancesco Molinari30/1£2 win
     4x e/w doubles £0.50 e/w
  • edited February 2012
    PGA Free £5 bet so stuck it on Nick Watney @ 25/1
    Posted by achill
    I'm sure i read somewhere on twitter that he might have pulled out overnight.

Hope they let you have your free £5 again.
  • edited February 2012
    Got 3 picks for this week.

Brandt Snedeker   £ 2 win
    Rickie Fowler         £ 2 E/W
    Mark Wilson          £ 2 E/W

Snedeker will put 4 rounds together and will then walk it.
    Rickie Rowler i dont think is good value at 22s but i am going to back him this season.
    Mark Wilson last years winner and very solid player and consistent.
  • edited February 2012
    Cheers guys, would'nt have known if you hadn't said.

Now on Bill Haas @ 30/1.

Be lucky.
  • edited February 2012
     backed woodland only £2 e/w 50/1,prob miss the cut knowing my luck
  • edited February 2012
    Hi just seen this thread..... i enjoy golf bets every week and dream of the 'facespitter' and getting the trans atlantic double... im a med/large stakes punter on the golf so not too sure about announcing my stakes but i like to use prev course form/current form/knowlege and data from certain media to help me make my selections... bit late i know to declare my selections this week.. but hey ho.. i put an acca on horses on weds and inc westwood as the final leg, all won, so all going on westwood on the nose 10/1.... missed 3 short putts today so very frustrating, but gets best of the weather in the morning.. done fowler ew in the usa and done the double ew... looking forward to following this post.. gl guys
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Feb 2-5 picks up) Years Profit: -£50.00:
    Hi just seen this thread..... i enjoy golf bets every week and dream of the 'facespitter' and getting the trans atlantic double... im a med/large stakes punter on the golf so not too sure about announcing my stakes but i like to use prev course form/current form/knowlege and data from certain media to help me make my selections... bit late i know to declare my selections this week.. but hey ho.. i put an acca on horses on weds and inc westwood as the final leg, all won, so all going on westwood on the nose 10/1.... missed 3 short putts today so very frustrating, but gets best of the weather in the morning.. done fowler ew in the usa and done the double ew... looking forward to following this post.. gl guys
    Posted by joesman1
    Welcome aboard this part of the forum and gl with yer Westwood bet
  • edited February 2012
    Grrrrr the late/early tee times players (Westwood etc) have had the worst of it. I think Day 7/1 could be very generous considering it's now a 54 hole event. When he starts again in the morning he has the driveable par 4 1st up then an easy par 5. If he can then hold it together and get to 7 under, the wind will prob' get up again for the afternoon players and he could be in a very strong position with only 18 holes to play. Get on!!!
  • edited February 2012
    Feel confident over my picks this week, then again I do every week :-) European tour Matteo Manessero - 45/1 £10 e/w PGA Tour Kyle Stanley - 50/1 £10 e/w £2 double! Manessero played well in Abu Dhabi and I felt if he was a little closer he could of pushed for the win. Stanley was very unlucky last week, I saw his "collapse" but I felt he was extremely unlucky how his ball went in the water on the 18th, 9/10 that stays on the green. Often these pros come back firing and I expect him too.
    Posted by FlashFlush

Tbh dont know how the hell you backed Stanley after last week but very well done Flash.Thought he deserved it the way he came back after last week,the only one to keep his head.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Jan 26-29 picks up) Years Profit: -£34.00 : Tbh dont know how the hell you backed Stanley after last week but very well done Flash.Thought he deserved it the way he came back after last week,the only one to keep his head.
    Posted by jackda
    Well he was so unlucky with his chip shot, it wasn't like he had a treadful 18 holes like Levin did today. I saw the amount of support that came in for him and he seemed like he could get over it. Really happy for him, his heart must of been in his mouth on that 18th tee shot seeing it go over the water, and also that 3 footer at the end. LOL

Clearly prefers to chase a lead than hold one, I think thats the same with most players TBH.