You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Re: Running like Jesus challenge

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Happy days daz,
    Amazing how a few hours can change your outlook to poker
    "Keep it up" m8 as the actress said to the Bishop. :-)

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    Well done Dazler.  Thoroughly deserved.
  • edited May 2012
    Nice bink sir :) WP.
  • edited May 2012
    nice bink Daz, always was just a matter a time as you said yourself you were always cashing so musta been chuffed when you pulled it through to a win!

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge BIT OF BINKAGE :):
    Nice one Dazler, it was only a matter of time before it came along. You still gonna be playing the same kinda tournaments now? Are there any tournies that you've been wanting to play and couldn't but feel like you can afford   now?
    Posted by Lambert180
    ty all yes was very nice to finaly get a decent amount rather than the small cashes. Ive had a bad day so far and had some horrible beats for some reason that always happens to me after a bigish win lol. But ive qualified into the open to night through a frenzy satalite i didnt normaly touch them before as it took a big chunk outta my br but wont feel so bad this time with bigger br and only cost me £5, i did try and do an open direct to which cost me another £4 odd so ive got in for roughly under half price.

I will feel a bit more comfortable now buying into £5 mtts and £5 dym but dont think im gonna go above that. Which is what i used to do and ended up going backwards like before. So the plan is to stick to the 2.5% or maybe 5% if im having a good day. I have to take out around £30 to pay some bills so im gonna be around the £280 mark for my br which is still a nice amount to build on for the rest of the month. My plan was to hit the £200 and now ive made it to the £300 mark im hoping to get to £350-£400 and make around 2000 C4P by the end of the month. As long as i dont do anything stupid like i normaly do. My confidence after the win im hoping will be much stronger but i dont wanna get too confident and play silly which can happen when your a bit more flushed and gonna keep a level head and play as i would normaly.

The good thing is im up on DYM, Cash and Mtts this month so its onwards and upwards hopefully another nice big bit of binkage may happen again :)
  • edited May 2012
    MORE BINKAGE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Just came 2nd in the mini tonight and ft another mtt although was a bit grrrrrrrrd at the call i had with pk Ks after a raise then a reraise then my shove only to be called by A3 and they hit a st8, but all fandabbydosy and binkywinky in the mini :) also bubbled in the 2nd stage 12k bounty hunter nearly made it but no cigar.
    Thanks to all the railers aswell even if you were all from enemy teams and said us TNP members were rubbish but i appreciate it anyways ;) made it fun :) ive even got a little sharky on my scope stats teehee

£1000 mini 381 runners

Coombzie15240001£285.75 + 20 League PointsDazler02£171.45 + 16 League PointsJamieReyes03£114.30 + 14 League Pointssheffwed04£80.01 + 12 League PointsRogueCell05£68.58 + 10 League Pointstyler8806£57.15 + 8 League Pointsbenc07£45.72 + 6 League Points

£100 gar rebuy

fatcat1011280001£74.40 + 10 League PointsJONESY198302£46.50 + 8 League Pointsriccoy2203£27.90 + 6 League Pointsajccfc04£20.46 + 4 League PointsDazler05£16.74 + 2 League Points

Cash profit this month +£50.88
    DYM profit this month +£67.50

BR now £473.03 but ive taken £40 out so £433.03p C4P is 839
  • edited May 2012
    congratulations Mr f.e.c.k.meister

and I am dead jealous. You binked, then I binked. You binked again while I went down in flames in every tourny I played tonight.

Good on you.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge BIT MORE BINKAGE :):
    congratulations Mr f.e.c.k.meister and I am dead jealous. You binked, then I binked. You binked again while I went down in flames in every tourny I played tonight. Good on you.
    Posted by GELDY
    Cheers Geldy im sure you will bink over my bink again before i over bink you then you come back at me with another bink :)
  • edited May 2012
    now that could be a great diary - a bink race
    but before you ask - no - I am not up for it (the diary that is) - I need to keep my energy levels up for my next overbinkage - besides my play is far too random for the scrutiny of a diary

• edited May 2012
    Well done Dazler.  Don't appreciate the rubbish team remark though.  TNP are the greatest team.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge BIT OF BINKAGE :) £473.03:
     "ive even got a little sharky on my scope stats" teehee
    Posted by Dazler
    How can I buy one of those m8? 
    Only joking daz, glad you running well & its about right i reckon, having played you :-)
    Keep up the good work

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    well done Daz
    :-)
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    nice one, enjoy the run good - how times change so quickly in poker )

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge BIT MORE BINKAGE :):
    Well done Dazler.  Don't appreciate the rubbish team remark though.  TNP are the greatest team.
    Posted by Dagnamit

Just to clarify, and I am sure Daz would agree, the team banter was all said in jest and the TKP members were actually railing the TNP player!! We are not Team51,000 :)

Well done BTW Father! See you in my Bar later......hopefully :)
  • edited May 2012
    Well in Dazler
    Keep it going.......and a Shark too.............nice one Jaws!!
  • edited May 2012
    Nice cashes Dazler, shame you couldn't go one step further in the mini, still nice result though ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Great result, very well played!
  • edited May 2012
    Hi daz,

Quick question I notice you seem to prefer re-buy tournies & recommend people trying to build a bankroll try them.
    Any particular reason ?

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge MINIMOUSE BINKAGE :):
    Hi daz, Quick question I notice you seem to prefer re-buy tournies & recommend people trying to build a bankroll try them. Any particular reason ? Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    yes mike the reason i say this is if you buy in for say a £1.10 mtt and its a rebuy the quality of play is a lot looser and players take more risks because they know they can rebuy which is good for us. If you play solid on them and only buy in once and maybe an add on its not gonna cost you any more than £3 or only £1 if you do well from the start, but play the mtt like you would a normal mtt the prize fund really bumps up with players just rebuying a silly number of times. Plus you do have that added chance if you have a bad beat to still play and take it down. A normal 20 seat mtt you might only get a top prize of £10 or so and once your out your out, but in a rebuy for the same cost you can make £30 or more and still stay in a bit like on a cash game. Trick with them though is dont keep rebuying if you go out move on to the next one when you have reached your limit, Dont just shove all in every hand like some do just to try and get an early double up or they try to play catch up at the end and will still buy in even when blinds are 1000 and if they buy in they only get 2 bb which is just daft lol. There the ones that bump it up nicely :) hope that explains it

It might not suit all players but i personaly would recomend them.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge MINIMOUSE BINKAGE :) : yes mike the reason i say this is if you buy in for say a £1.10 mtt and its a rebuy the quality of play is a lot looser and players take more risks because they know they can rebuy which is good for us. If you play solid on them and only buy in once and maybe an add on its not gonna cost you any more than £3 or only £1 if you do well from the start, but play the mtt like you would a normal mtt the prize fund really bumps up with players just rebuying a silly number of times. Plus you do have that added chance if you have a bad beat to still play and take it down. A normal 20 seat mtt you might only get a top prize of £10 or so and once your out your out, but in a rebuy for the same cost you can make £30 or more and still stay in a bit like on a cash game. Trick with them though is dont keep rebuying if you go out move on to the next one when you have reached your limit, Dont just shove all in every hand like some do just to try and get an early double up or they try to play catch up at the end and will still buy in even when blinds are 1000 and if they buy in they only get 2 bb which is just daft lol. There the ones that bump it up nicely :) hope that explains it   It might not suit all players but i personaly would recomend them.
    Posted by Dazler
    Thanks daz,
    Sounds good to me, I reckon its well worth a go then.
    And its ok if I crash & burn I won't hold you liable :-)
    Will let you know how I get on 
    Mike
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge MINIMOUSE BINKAGE :) : Thanks daz, Sounds good to me, I reckon its well worth a go then. And its ok if I crash & burn I won't hold you liable :-) Will let you know how I get on  Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    lol if you win though i want credit :) just remember you will get players calling draws all day long so be prepared to fold and dont go crazy with top pairs reel the fishys in and you will do well.
  • edited May 2012
    Anyone know the sharkscope criteria for being a shark

Poor old Dazler seems to have already lost his recently earned Shark Mojo, even though his results keep on going up and up!

Keep binking Dazler - you're on a heater
  • edited May 2012
    Anyone know the sharkscope criteria for being a shark Poor old Dazler seems to have already lost his recently earned Shark Mojo, even though his results keep on going up and up! Keep binking Dazler - you're on a heater
    Posted by GELDY
    On my torny stats my little sharky is still a wigglin :) says im on tilt at the same time though lol so im a shark on tilt and you dont wanna be swimmin with one of them ;)
  • edited May 2012
    anyone else see a shark. it wasn't there when i last looked 15mins ago. maybe its just giving the feckmeister an ego boost to get him to sign up?
  • edited May 2012
    anyone else see a shark. it wasn't there when i last looked 15mins ago. maybe its just giving the feckmeister an ego boost to get him to sign up?
    Posted by GELDY
    Cheeky booger wait till i win the main event tonight and then i get a BIG FAT KILLER WHALE to gobble up the shark
  • edited May 2012
    Had a really bad run yesterday morning played a little nl4 and had someone shove with Q5off and such like every hand i call with QQ and he did it with other rubbish only to get lucky and hit a flush and this happend 3 times in a row before they hit and run but i watched that player move up a few levels on cash and saw them lose £40 in 3min st8 after which made me chuckle. i also tried £11 dym to give it a try and although i did well and was stacked with final 4 unfortunately i ended up calling with premiums and blinds were so high at around level 9 everyone who was short ended up either shoving on my raises and hitting with J5off against my pk As and winning i bubbled on about 4 in a row which really hurt. So i stopped them and played quite a lot of £5 dym and got a few streaks going think my best was 9 in a row which got me back up where i was. I also thought id have a go in the main and mini and got deep in both but think i made a mistake as it was a £10 rebuy and i bought in once and done a rebuy. Looking back and the way the payout structure was i dont think it was worth adding on in the end and it cost me £30 so a lesson learned in that mtt, i also played a few satalites but got no where in them. Going to carry on with the £5 dym and maybe a few mtts tonight with a little bit of nl4.

BR £402 - £40 withdrawl so now £362
    C4P 1105
  • edited May 2012
    keep it going daz,
    just try and keep off my table if u can...lol
    cheers
    :-)
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Running like Jesus challenge :):
    keep it going daz, just try and keep off my table if u can...lol cheers :-) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    ty devon but the tables ive been on with you today ive been uber ul lol

did manage to come 23rd in the mini bounty hunter tonight though was really gutted as had decent stack at the end and my top pair was out kicked and that was the end of me really thought i was going to make ft sigh. Also played in the main did ok in that but silly players kept calling raises with J3 and hitting silly aginst my AJ for 2 pair. Ive made the top 100 on stt league and also came 2nd in a £250 gar bounty hunter :)

Also had a go at the nl8 and did ok in that so up on cash tables too and might give that a bash from now on.

£1200 mini bounty hunter 349 runners came 23rd
    Dazler023£4.97 + £12.39 Head Prizes8
    £250 bounty hunter 69 runners came 2nd
    mattrenny1380001£51.75 + £35.52 Head Prizes + 30 League Points6£10.75
    Dazler02£34.50 + £13.80 Head Prizes + 26 League Points4 
    dyet03£24.15 + £15.96 Head Prizes + 22 League Points7 
    wweboyz04£17.25 + £8.45 Head Prizes + 18 League Points4 
    tallytink05£13.80 + 14 League Points0 
    XXXNETXXX06£12.07 + £5.64 Head Prizes + 10 League Points3 
    smith140807£10.35 + 8 League Points0 
    Rusty00708£8.62 + £4.68 Head Prizes + 6 League Points2
    this is my DYM wins and loses at the moment

30p dymW3 L360p dymW3 L21.10 dymW3 L1
    2.25 dym
    w 8 L43.30 dymw 38 L195.50 dymw 41 L1911 dymw 2 L7
    cash profit +£49.55

Total profit: £428.78 minus £40 withdrawl so £388.78
    C4P: 1253 = £12.53 to come
  • edited May 2012
    this turned out nice on my first go at nl8 since the challenge started and gives a good example of pot control and why betting the right amounts on each street and why you should bet more pre post and turn with certain hands.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Dazler Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.76
    player 1 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.11
     Your hole cards
    • J

player 2 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £0.26
    xxxxxxRaise  £0.16 £0.36 £3.07
    player 3Call  £0.16 £0.52 £17.17
    Dazler Call  £0.12 £0.64 £7.64
    player 1 Call  £0.08 £0.72 £5.03
    player 2Call  £0.08 £0.80 £0.18
    Flop