You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Be on the show.....

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hello,

Just bought into the televised 9pm tournament tonight.

Was wondering as I don't have Sky to watch it via the television, I was wondering if it would be available via the SkyPoker TV link on the website.

As it appears just to be SkyPoker Replay just now on the internet link.  So, not sure if it is only available via television and not internet (and that is for re-runs only).

New to the SkyPoker format and wondering what the situation is.

Cheers guys.
  • edited July 2009
    just been on the show unfortunately got knocked out early on and was just short of cash in velocity i would love to do this again it was a great experience thanks sky poker

• edited July 2009
    i've been watching the show for the last 2 months since i got sky and have played every day,i would love the chance to be on the show and by the time i'm on it hopefully i will be a better player and it might help me kerb my aggressive playing style....ive had a couple of hands shown on tv in the bounty hunter on monday nights when i reached the heads up stage but lost..so look forward to hearing from you
  • edited July 2009
    i'd like to be on the show im currenty using my poker point to try win some money for charity and if get too play any tournaments any money won i'll be giving to charity

ryan123 user id ricki123
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Be on the show.....:
    Would you like to feature as a home player on the Sky Poker TV channel? We can pay your tournament fee for the evening in exchange for a few phone calls into the show and the guarantee you get some of your hands shown on the TV!  Just email us at skyopen@bskyb.com or post your alias here.   Please note if you post your alias we can only retrieve your contact details if you have said we can contact you when you first registered with the site. We will be in contact as soon as we can! 
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew

Hi 

I'd love to be on the show.  I play on the site most days and I am almost breaking even after 2 years on the site. I've played all varieties of tournies, but my most best successes have coming from Bounty Hunter - I've won a £150 BH and some smaller events - as well as cashing in the Open and Velocity on a few occasions.

My alias is penny3.

Hope to hear from you in the studio soon!

Thanks, James

• edited July 2009
    Hi this is Carter_uk, and i think it would be great to be on the show. i have only played in a handful of opens and a five 00 when i have a bit of spare money but i've never cashed. I would love to get some feedback on my play. I honestly don't know about the contact question when i signed up, is there any way to check the settings?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys

I would love to be on the show, would be great!!!! 
  • edited July 2009

Hi, I'd love to be on the show! I'm a 20 year old student and I've only been playing on sky for a couple of weeks but I've done pretty well, even winning two out of three tournaments yesterday! My poker name is mumatt and my real name is Matt!

Thanks guys!

• edited July 2009
    Can I throw my hat in the ring for this? Really want to get back into playing bigger field tourneys as mostly play STT and DYM so, ummmmm, thats it really - would be good to have a crack, get some feedback and diss Rich's dress sense live on TV!
  • edited July 2009
    Hi beefcptain,

I'm afraid i had to take your post down as it contained some of your personal details (phone no.) this type of post goes against our house rules. You will still be able to appear on the show though!

FAO - SKY POKER TV CREW - please consider beefcptain for the show, i have had to remove his original request from this thread

thanks guys,

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Be on the show.....:
    Would you like to feature as a home player on the Sky Poker TV channel? We can pay your tournament fee for the evening in exchange for a few phone calls into the show and the guarantee you get some of your hands shown on the TV!  Just email us at skyopen@bskyb.com or post your alias here.   Please note if you post your alias we can only retrieve your contact details if you have said we can contact you when you first registered with the site. We will be in contact as soon as we can! 
    Posted by Sky_TVcrew

hi sky

it would be great to be on the show watch it all the time for tips + entertainment  have played a few open's played £15k other nite and £9k open last nite finished 186th was on a tough aggressive table but was happy with experience as my 1st hand of tourney was shown on telly

michael  alias DTWBANDIT

thanks
  • edited August 2009
    hi guys ive email before and never heard back about being an invite on the open. i'd love to be can't say im any good a poker lol 12th spukt edinbugh is probz my best result and went out on a badbeat. maybe you guys could give good advice on my hands as youz do ;) and help me on my way a bigger tourny winning a tourny.

cheerz john aka royalfife
  • edited August 2009
    hi my name is theguv60 and i have been playing on sky poker since it started i think,but i have never been on your show as a guest.It would be an honour if i could play as a guest as i watch the show every night and would be great to play the 9.00 tourny for free (lol).ps i have just won the £1000 pound velocity tonight 19/08/2009 which was my biggest win so far £275.00,makes up for the £350.00 i lost over the last two months.
  • edited August 2009

I would love to appear on the show!!! I am available most nights,

Alias stevewwfc

• edited August 2009
    I would love to be on the show my name Is Rich and my player name is DuTaz i do play most nights

thank you love the site
    Rich
  • edited August 2009
    Hey am a new player and a yound one had some good wins on 888.com and trying to do the same on sky poker.
    My alias is Spinzy1
  • edited August 2009
    What would be my fee if I were to come on the show?
  • edited September 2009
    hi there was a guest on the show sunday the 30th aug. tottaly loved it great fun!!!! thought i cam in 64th position and only the top 60 were payed. id loved to do it again sometime if possible and possibly cash next time.

thanks again john aka royalfife  ;)
  • edited September 2009
    hi i would love to be on your show i watch it and play almost every night my alias is jungle 99 but i sometimes play as jungle 29 (my girlfriends acc) my best ever win on sky is 3rd in 5 oo won £762.20 was well chuffed but problem is i try an repeat it every night with no luck! your tips would be usefull so please please please be in touch thanks james
  • edited September 2009
    hi you rang me mon before last about being on you said you were ringin me back thur with a date i still aint heard from you i am still keen as ever to be on if you could give us a call thanks a lot james
  • edited October 2009
    hi my name is peter my poker alias is bcool i would love the opportunity to be on the show as a home player. please please please give me a chance.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi

My name is Terry, Alias TELLO-210 i have been on the show once before (monday night bounty hunter) and would love to appear again in any of the shows.

Thanks in advance

Terry
  • edited October 2009
    Hi yes i would like to be considered with my many other counterparts to be a home phone guest many thanks Mabsue
  • edited October 2009
    it wud b nice 2b famous sky ...andy warhol says we will all b famous 4 15mins plz give me mine .......regards delta
  • edited October 2009
    Next Friday I'd like to be on the show.

CV:
    I'm thoroughly house-trained, invariably polite, witty, and want free entry into tournaments. For that you will get the lowdown on the players at my table (positive of course) and pictures of a handsome hunk to show on the box (not me obviously!).
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    Obviously please give priority to newbies and first time phone guests, however, if the opportunity arises i would like to be a phone guest. many thanks, Greg
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Be on the show.....:
    Obviously please give priority to newbies and first time phone guests, however, if the opportunity arises i would like to be a phone guest. many thanks, Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Oh yes, you should definitely have Greg on. Pleeeease.
  • edited October 2009
    I would also like to be on
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

would love to be live on the show. Love the bounty hunters(never done the big one) but havent tried the open either but love similar set up tournaments.

My alias - The_Don90

Thanks,

Don