You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    If you're locked in a room for all eternity with Luke Schwartz and Andrew Feldman and you have a gun with only one bullet, what do you do?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Take yourself out, surely? :P
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Take yourself out, surely? :P
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I believe that is the standard answer. :-)
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay,

Favourite movie of all time?
    Best dance move? (either executed by yourself or admired from afar)
    If a tree falls in a forest with no one nearby, does it still make a noise?
    If you could be anybody for one day, who would it be?

There you go, that should keep you busy for at least one minute.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : You probably wanted an answer from the great man himself but he said anyone could pitch in so here goes: 1. Suit order? There is an order in bridge (SHDC) but why would there be one in poker? - some sites use it to determine the dealer in the first hand i.e high card. But if two cards are dealt the same (two aces for example) it goes to the suit. I hope this makes sense? 2. The odds are 4/52 * 3/51 * 2/50 * 1/49 which is 270,724 to 1 . - BRILLIANT!....i have waited to know the answer to that one for ages!
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thank you MERE NOVICE.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Take yourself out, surely? :P
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Omg fish, imagine the fun you could have.

Me: Luke, name 2 word's 4 letters long
    Luke: Wot Eva

Me: Luke, 2 questions. Question 1, what is the plaugue of mankind. Question 2, what is the strap the binds alaskanhuskies together in the pack called.
    Luke: War Tether
    Me: ooooh, develop a lithp there luke
    Luke: Yeth
    Me: ....my bad
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Thank you MERE NOVICE.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You're very welcome.

Yes, the suit question makes sense now - I hadn't thought it through.
    Research shows that it can be used to break ties for the bring-in in stud games too - although I'm pretty sure that any online game that I've played uses the person closest to the dealers left in the event of a tie.
    No idea why it would have changed though - definitely one for Tikay, it was probably his idea!
  • edited November 2009
    CAN YOU HEAR THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING ?
  • edited November 2009
    If you're locked in a room for all eternity with Luke Schwartz and Andrew Feldman and you have a gun with only one bullet, what do you do?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Shoot the lock off the door and escape
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : There used to be a Cash-Game in London called "The Half-Price Haddock". They charged hake.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If someone had a bad beat did they curse the pokers cods?
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay,

I have a bit of an admin question which will be quite dull (namely: I've not yet been entered into Thursday's Bounty Hunter after that competition, not sure if I should be concerned yet but I thought I'd flag it up just in case) so I thought I'd jazz it up by including a train question. Erm....... Ah! Do you have a favourite train journey and if so what and why?
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay, I have a bit of an admin question which will be quite dull (namely: I've not yet been entered into Thursday's Bounty Hunter after that competition, not sure if I should be concerned yet but I thought I'd flag it up just in case) so I thought I'd jazz it up by including a train question. Erm....... Ah! Do you have a favourite train journey and if so what and why?
    Posted by Majj
    Hi Majj,

I did e-Mail Sky-Bernie as to your Free Entry, & I'm sure he'll put you in. But I'll drop him a note to remind him, just in case.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay, I have a bit of an admin question which will be quite dull (namely: I've not yet been entered into Thursday's Bounty Hunter after that competition, not sure if I should be concerned yet but I thought I'd flag it up just in case) so I thought I'd jazz it up by including a train question. Erm....... Ah! Do you have a favourite train journey and if so what and why?
    Posted by Majj
    Has to be answered!

1) Paddington-Penzance, GWR.

2) Kings Cross-Edinburgh Waverley, GNER.

3) Nice-Monte Carlo, SNCF.
  • edited November 2009
    can you look at the £10,000 pot thread Tikay, you asked me to remind you about areply on proffessional poker players and their bankroll management
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    Prevention is better than cure.

I hope I'd never show such lack of class to share a room with either of them.

To be fair to Andrew, he's badly represented by his Agent, & they way they "sell" him is bound to make him unpopular. Apparently, he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's not. Not at all - he's just a regular poker player. The poker circuit neither respect him nor disrespect him - they don't even think about him. He's not on many people's radar, but his Agent splaterrs us with hype about the boy.

As to Luke - well, there's nothing to say, is there. He's just a waste of valuable oxygen, a kid with not a shred of class.
  • edited November 2009
    can you look at the £10,000 pot thread Tikay, you asked me to remind you about areply on proffessional poker players and their bankroll management
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yes, I will Loony. i've been Offline 3 days, & spent all day today on the Sky Poker Tour Board. I'm nearly caught up bnow, & will have this Thread bang up-to date by tomorrow midday, also the other stuff you mention.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay Did you have a nice break yesterday?, what is the longest railway bridge in the world please?
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Barry,

Yes, yesterday was "recovey day". I went to bed at 9pm!

World's longest Rail Bridge?

Technically, it's the Yangcun Bridge, in China, but that's a bit iffy, as it's more an Elevated Railroad which runs above a City AND then goes across a Bay.

What is rather bizarre is that the SIX longest Railway Bridges in the world are all in one Country - China.

Who'd have thunk?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Hi Barry, Yes, yesterday was "recovey day". I went to bed at 9pm! World's longest Rail Bridge? Technically, it's the Yangcun Bridge, in China, but that's a bit iffy, as it's more an Elevated Railroad which runs above a City AND then goes across a Bay. What is rather bizarre is that the SIX longest Railway Bridges in the world are all in one Country - China. Who'd have thunk?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Yikes, they dont want to get beat do they?, surprised America hasnt tried to build the longest to be honest :)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay Why of why did you not ask one of us to run the competition yesterday?  Kiwini and I both said we would have been more than happy to start the thread, and update it (Should we have been able of course :))
    Posted by acebarry10
    I thought about it Barry, but it just seemed a bit cheeky to ask. Especially as, well, you know what poker players are like, they - we! - don't need much excuse to moan at anyone who organises anything, & I did not feel it fair to allow either of you to take any flak if things went wrong.

I was still thinking about it when I logged on after finishing at the SPT at 3am on Sunday, only to discover that my Hotel Internet Connection was costing me.....£6 per hour! At which point, I logged off. Fast.

Who won Saturday's Free Entry Competition, do you know? I need to write to Sky-Bernie, to get them Entered.

We still have one "Free Entry" Comp up our sleeves, we were given 4, & have only done three, so I'll do that later this week.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : I thought about it Barry, but it just seemed a bit cheeky to ask. Especially as, well, you know what poker players are like, they - we! - don't need much excuse to moan at anyone who organises anything, & I did not feel it fair to allow either of you to take any flak if things went wrong. I was still thinking about it when I logged on after finishing at the SPT at 3am on Sunday, only to discover that my Hotel Internet Connection was costing me.....£6 per hour! At which point, I logged off. Fast. Who won Saturday's Free Entry Competition, do you know? I need to write to Sky-Bernie, to get them Entered. We still have one "Free Entry" Comp up our sleeves, we were given 4, & have only done three, so I'll do that later this week.
    Posted by Tikay10
    it was me and all my online buddies, we all registered the same number at exactly the same time but please dont check up on this tikay as it infringes my human rights under the european treaty on human rights lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : I thought about it Barry, but it just seemed a bit cheeky to ask. Especially as, well, you know what poker players are like, they - we! - don't need much excuse to moan at anyone who organises anything, & I did not feel it fair to allow either of you to take any flak if things went wrong. I was still thinking about it when I logged on after finishing at the SPT at 3am on Sunday, only to discover that my Hotel Internet Connection was costing me.....£6 per hour! At which point, I logged off. Fast. Who won Saturday's Free Entry Competition, do you know? I need to write to Sky-Bernie, to get them Entered. We still have one "Free Entry" Comp up our sleeves, we were given 4, & have only done three, so I'll do that later this week.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Sorry, I dont know who won, but I would have thought someone in forum land will, Look I have told you m8 anything I can do to help I am there, not cheeky at all, and yes we know how much we moan and groan, if something went wrong, another leason learned ;), £6 QUID AN HOUR THE ROBBING csijifdewijkjfiwweofw************* :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Prevention is better than cure. I hope I'd never show such lack of class to share a room with either of them. To be fair to Andrew, he's badly represented by his Agent, & they way they "sell" him is bound to make him unpopular. Apparently, he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's not. Not at all - he's just a regular poker player. The poker circuit neither respect him nor disrespect him - they don't even think about him. He's not on many people's radar, but his Agent splaterrs us with hype about the boy. As to Luke - well, there's nothing to say, is there. He's just a waste of valuable oxygen, a kid with not a shred of class.
    Posted by Tikay10
    WOW, i've never heard you talk badly of others before and it has taken me aback.
    I, like dont suffer fools lightly and i hope i NEVER do anything to get you this upset.

col
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay the winner was epwb with 688, I was going to get you to check the thread but it seems to have disappeared, mind you that might be a good thing as we were still getting guesses yesterday and today lol.   We might have gotten more entries but unfortunately the competition didn't get "stickered" until after 7.00pm Saturday so people had to search for the thread, mind you we still had 69 entries.

I'm pleased to report I didnt get a single complaint, infact I got some rather nice compliments which I was very grateful for.

If you every need help on any of these competition threads please dont hesitate to ask, i'm here most days as I only work part-time now.

Steve
  • edited November 2009

errr Tikay I know this thread says "Ask Tikay"

So here is my question,

Any chance of £20 grand just as flash cash for next weekends trip to Vegas????

No??? well I am organising a charity day for a local Cancer Hospice (dont ask what a hospice is, last time I checked was about a gallon and half),, I am on the scrounge for an autograph or something please please, to auction off in my local golf club (which is also our poker club) signed pic or cards will be perfect please

Thanks

Shanker1974
    clivedavies328@hotmail.com

• edited November 2009
    I wouldn;t put your email address on an open forum  you are likely to get a whole load of spam in your mailbox
  • edited November 2009

errr Tikay I know this thread says "Ask Tikay"

So here is my question,

Any chance of £20 grand just as flash cash for next weekends trip to Vegas????

No??? well I am organising a charity day for a local Cancer Hospice (dont ask what a hospice is, last time I checked was about a gallon and half),, I am on the scrounge for an autograph or something please please, to auction off in my local golf club (which is also our poker club) signed pic or cards will be perfect please

Thanks

Shanker1974
    clivedavies328@hotmail.com

• edited November 2009

I wouldn't put your email address in a open forum, its a sure way of getting a LOT of spam mail.  You might want to use the edit facility to delete it.

Steve
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Prevention is better than cure. I hope I'd never show such lack of class to share a room with either of them. To be fair to Andrew, he's badly represented by his Agent, & they way they "sell" him is bound to make him unpopular. Apparently, he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's not. Not at all - he's just a regular poker player. The poker circuit neither respect him nor disrespect him - they don't even think about him. He's not on many people's radar, but his Agent splaterrs us with hype about the boy. As to Luke - well, there's nothing to say, is there. He's just a waste of valuable oxygen, a kid with not a shred of class.
    Posted by Tikay10
    sorry, im not familiar with many pro players, only the usual ones on channel 166 etc. Who are these two and what have they done to offend everyone(or is the list too long lol)
  • edited November 2009

I will carry on answering the Questions after I'm out of tonight's Tourneys, or in the morning. (I'm in the 7pm Deepie, the 7.30 Sleepie, & the 8pm Main).

The Thread is warming up nicely - I'm loving it.

Niot finished the questions from earlier today yet, but I will. Some of them were really interesting.

Here's the answer to one Question - but what was the Question?

"Reverse Alphabetical".
  • edited November 2009
    I will carry on answering the Questions after I'm out of tonight's Tourneys, or in the morning. (I'm in the 7pm Deepie, the 7.30 Sleepie, & the 8pm Main). The Thread is warming up nicely - I'm loving it. Niot finished the questions from earlier today yet, but I will. Some of them were really interesting. Here's the answer to one Question - but what was the Question? "Reverse Alphabetical".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is it about suit orders in poker?? if yes where is my prize(baseball cap or t shirt please) lol. If its no call me an idiot lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay? : Has to be answered! 1) Paddington-Penzance, GWR. 2) Kings Cross-Edinburgh Waverley, GNER. 3) Nice-Monte Carlo, SNCF.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Confused as you have always said you would not like to go on the Orient Express as it's a foreign train. Explain yourself please!