You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ask Tikay?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay. I am new to Sky Poker, but have been playing for three years, last evening i was dealt Aces got an ace onthe flop and was beat by a full house. two hands later got A 2 3 45 and was beat by 2 3 4 5 6 couple of hands later was dealt Aces again, went all in and was beat by three tens, all in the space of an hour. what are the odds of this happening, see u at the tables.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi TIKAY, is Jason Barrasford still with the SKYPOKER crew as he has not been on for some time now
  • edited November 2009
    Oh a bit cheeky this one, please dont take offence but do you recall this picture ?   where ?   when ?  etc

• edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    right guys,

i have sticked this one. lets all try and advertise this as a place for new and existing players alike to come and ask tikay any questions they may have.

thanks,

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Ask Tikay?:
    right guys, i have sticked this one. lets all try and advertise this as a place for new and existing players alike to come and ask tikay any questions they may have. thanks, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Firstly thank you for this, I know tikay isnt all that keen on it being a sticky, but obviously it is doing very well, and maybe even shows the need to have it as a seperate board too :)

As for adevertising it, hmmmmm, I wonder what I could do? lolololol.
  • edited November 2009
    as ever....good work Barry!!
  • edited November 2009
    OK lets start the ball rolling for the new stickie thread.

There is currently a thread running about players speaking a foreign language at the tables while playing online, now I know that the Mods are looking into this incident because the rules state that only English should be used at the Sky Poker tables but it got me to thinking.  With so many international players and poker rooms all around the World is there a general rule in live games about what language should be spoken at the tables?
  • edited November 2009
    when was the first hornby train produced??
  • edited November 2009
    Howdy Tikay, heres a quicky question for you.

In a recent friendly game we came to a little bit of a situation, i would be grateful if you could clear it up for me, now what happend was there was 2 players left in the pot.

Early position raises All in, late postion calls, now the early postion mucks his cards.
    Now does the person in late position have to show his cards, or is the hand deemed over on account the early position player has mucked ?.

• edited November 2009

Hi

On the final betting round and everyone is all-in, the player who acts first is the first to show the hand. If there is betting on the final round then the last player has to take action by a bet or raise in the first to show the hand

Hope this is what you wanted :)
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay - How long did you last in the tourney at Luton last night?
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay, How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

• edited November 2009

Good morning.

A stickied thread? Wow!

I'll try not to disappoint.

Was up at 5am today - quite normal when I was working properly, late in fact, but when I was playing Live poker non-stop, I was rarely in bed by 5am! So, been at my desk since 7am this morning, have cleared a pile of stuff, e-Mails & whatnot, I'll clear the PM's now, & then I'll see if I can get this thread up to date.

BRB.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay

Today England's 10 worst railway stations have been named and shamed in a report commissioned by the Department for transport.

Manchester Victoria received the lowest satisfaction rating, followed by Clapham Junction in south London, and Crewe in Cheshire, according to the Station Champions' report.

The others on the list are Barking, Stockport, Preston, Wigan North Western, Liverpool Central, Warrington Bank Quay and Luton.

Do you Agree with that list? if no why? which stations should be there?

Gareth
  • edited November 2009
    Given that we have been trying to maintain the Tikay Check this out thread started by Lady Fingers on the front page, in the hope that Tikay would be kind enough to give us some further insight to all those who use to watch PNL, Tikay has asked that we transfer the questions etc to hear, so I will do my best of reproducing

Poisoned from the inside???
    Posted by Hale72

Are you referring to the means by which PNL's demise came about?

Quite a story, that, though I'd have to omit some names if I told it!

Please confirm, & I'll comment, though it'll be tomorrow now, as I'm due in the Studio in 5 minutes.

np tikay, I was wondering if you may engage me in a little confirm/deny now that our beloved PNL cast of misfits are no more. For a brief while when nick persaud was presenting, they were running a $25/$50 on the gutshot skin, but the players played like ridiculously lag (50/40 etc) and going retarded spew on like really wet boards with air. There was alot of speculation the gutshot gave them money to mess around with, then got it back, so it was like play money effectively. Confirm or deny?
    Posted by LadyFingrs

Wow, what a perceptive & insightful question!

It's late, I'm very tired, & I need to word my reply "just so", so I'll answer that - such as I'm able - tomorrow. ;)

I need to cogitate on how best to reply to that......

Wowzer, thats a corker of a question!

The bold text was Tikays original responses to the above posts from Hale and Lady Fingers, so now its over to you Tikay, I'm sure more than a few of us await with baited breath :)

Aski :)
  • edited November 2009

Thank you Aski. The answers will not be THAT exciting!

I'll get as near the truth as I can without getting shot or sacked. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay Today England's 10 worst railway stations have been named and shamed in a report commissioned by the Department for transport. Manchester Victoria received the lowest satisfaction rating, followed by Clapham Junction in south London, and Crewe in Cheshire, according to the Station Champions' report. The others on the list are Barking, Stockport, Preston, Wigan North Western, Liverpool Central, Warrington Bank Quay and Luton. Do you Agree with that list? if no why? which stations should be there? Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Pretty much, yes.

Luton is just awful, but Manchester Vic & Crewe are harshly treated by the report, as they are both in areas of the UK where the punters tend to moan a lot. Nobody moans in the Wast Country, for example, because the Stations all have the standard GWR-Brunel stamp on them, whereas Manchester & Crewe are part of what was the quite dreadful LMS. Can't believe Clapham is on the list - it's wonderful. (Which is different to "modern").

I'd omit Crewe & Clapham, & add Birmingham New St twice - it's that bad. It has - wait for it - shops. I mean, that's just ridiculous. Who wants to window-shop when they can sit & look at Trains, & Locomotives?
  • edited November 2009
    Not that anybody ever comes here but if you did you'd have Sunderland station FTW.
  • edited November 2009
    Not that anybody ever comes here but if you did you'd have Sunderland station FTW.
    Posted by daveydavey
    Absolutely dreadful Station - modern - but it gets excused, as it's the gateway to the wonderful Consett & Sunderland Railway Path, which, IIRC, used to fringe Stanley, to the west of C-l-S. 
  • edited November 2009
    What's wrong with Liverpool central - it's a lovely station - airy, right in the centre of the city and it has an M&S food shop!
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay - How long did you last in the tourney at Luton last night?
    Posted by SoLack
    Pfft, YBA.

It was a nightmare, I've rarely exited a 10k jobbie so fast. It started at 5.30, & I was back on the M1 by 6.10.....

It's quite tough at Luton in the early Levels, then it eases up, so I usually Sit-Out the first 4 or 5 Levels. But I started mixing it up a bit, & won the first 4 hands on the spin, one when I'd Called a R in Position with 5-3 of Hearts & saw a 4-6-x two heart Flop.

But then it all went tiddley-pong in one hand.

How would any of YOU play this one?

Blinds are now 50/100, decent structure, 45 min clock, & we all began with 10,000. Nobody Passes to a Standard Raise at this stage, & folks resotr to 50/50/50/900 to get big Pairs through, which is almost ponitless.

It's gone 325, 325, 325, 325, & I have 2-2, both black. The Button & Blinds are still to act. Call.

We see a flop of 2-3-10, two hearts.

Checked to me, I consider Potting it, but Dave Johnson has the Butrton, he's guarahteed to take a pop at it - lets let him, then I have the leverage to bet it properly & price everyone out.

Sure enough, Dave bets - but only 1,100. OK, I make it 3,300 to go.

Dave looks taken aback, & starts with the speech play. I know, 100%, he's gonna Pass. He'd not mess about if he were ahead.

Dave then says "I think you are weak - I'm all-in".

Sheesh. It was 4,100 more to Call, & it went in pretty quickly. No choice now, as I am convinced my hand is good.

He flips 4-6 of hearts, for the Gutterball STR8 Draw & FD. He binked the 5 on the Turn, leaving me with 1,200, which I gambled & lost PDQ.

I was gutted, but I think it pretty much plays itself, for both of us. With hindsight, I bet the Flop, let HIM be the Re-Raiser, then I can set HIM in, & that plays different, but I doubt he ever Passes, & why should he? (He's about a 2/1 dog on that Flop, but he got the shove in first).

So I made a 'phone Call & got a friend to enter me into the £22 & £110 Deepies on Sky Poker, & then got stuck in a 90 minute jam on the M1, & missed the first 90 minutes of the £110 thing & 75 minutes of the £22-er. I recovered in both, but fell just short of the cash in both, too.

Not my best night ever......
  • edited November 2009
    What's wrong with Liverpool central - it's a lovely station - airy, right in the centre of the city and it has an M&S food shop!
    Posted by Dingdell
    I never mentioned it, though it's on the List.

It'd be just fine it it were in Doncaster, or Wakefield, or even somewhere remotely nice. Railway Stations = the Town's character.
  • edited November 2009
    Howdy Tikay, heres a quicky question for you. In a recent friendly game we came to a little bit of a situation, i would be grateful if you could clear it up for me, now what happend was there was 2 players left in the pot. Early position raises All in, late postion calls, now the early postion mucks his cards. Now does the person in late position have to show his cards, or is the hand deemed over on account the early position player has mucked ?.
    Posted by hobby2k

The Caller - in this case the only guy left in the Hand - HAS to show to claim the pot here, IMO. It can be argued both weys, but I don't see the problem in showing.

I'm assuming they DID first see a Flop, Turn & River? And it was a Cash-game?

If a Tourney, & the money went in Pre, or on the Flop or Turn, the Dealer should not deal the Flop/Turn/River until BOTH Hands are OTB.

Does that answer the Question?
  • edited November 2009
    when was the first hornby train produced??
    Posted by 35suited
    No idea, Victorian times I would guess.

The famous "00"  - the Rolls-Royce of Model Railways - was introduced just before WW11.

It was in the same ownership as Meccano for many years, & was eventually taken over by a toy & model railway maker everyone oveer the age of 40 would know - Tri-ang.
  • edited November 2009
    first clockwork train 1920, the 00 1938.

He started off 1901
  • edited November 2009
    How big is your willy?
  • edited November 2009
    i remeber "00" guage....mine was a "WIND UP"
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay,

I just wanted to ask what the odds are on a royal flush on the board? This happened to me when i was playing an mtt guaranteed game on monday 16th. Wish I had kept the hand I.D.  so that it could be shown. Amazing to see naturally it was a split pot

Cherrybank
  • edited November 2009
    tikay - im gonna be at Luton on Thursday for the rebuy starting at 8.30 and the APAT is in town at 2.30...if I turn up at say 5/6 do you think that there will be cash games running or are APAT members massive nits who only play tournies????