You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited May 2012
    DAY 24....

hi jc,
    thanks again mate 4 all your great help & advice & good wishes.
    i think you must know probably more than anyone what a big day today is 4 me.
    aaaaaaaaaaagh.
    i,m up early..  7am   .getting myself physically and mentally prepared...
    start off with a gentle 200 press-ups,run down to the beach, swim the Exe...
    couple of miles..then a gentle jog home...lol
    "well there was a time"....
    ok,a cup of tea & a biscuit then.!!!

today,s the day....
    biggest day so far...by far.
    i,ve not played @ £11 level so into unknown territory.
    i will continue as i have so far...with caution.
    i,m not going to be simply giving my money away.
    i will start off playing 1x£11 & 4x£5 games...no more.
    the most i can possibly lose being £33.
    it will be exciting & scary i,m sure...
    looking forward to the buzz
    if it all goes "pete tong" no worries...
    i,m back playing £3 £5 tomorrow.
    back later with the live up-date...
    "good luck Ian...
    this tape will self destruct in 2 seconds"
  • edited May 2012
    good luck dev, tag the regs early doors

• edited May 2012
    cheers rancid
    :-)
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    Hi dev,

Good luck with today m8, & believe me having "swum with the sharks" for the last 2 days if anyone has got the game for this level its you.

So there will be no way I am sitting on your table today, it's hard enough without another shark.

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £229.66):
    DAY 24.... hi jc, thanks again mate 4 all your great help & advice & good wishes. i think you must know probably more than anyone what a big day today is 4 me. aaaaaaaaaaagh. i,m up early..  7am   .getting myself physically and mentally prepared... start off with a gentle 200 press-ups,run down to the beach, swim the Exe... couple of miles..then a gentle jog home...lol "well there was a time".... ok,a cup of tea & a biscuit then.!!! today,s the day.... biggest day so far...by far. i,ve not played @ £11 level so into unknown territory. i will continue as i have so far...with caution. i,m not going to be simply giving my money away. i will start off playing 1x£11 & 4x£5 games...no more. the most i can possibly lose being £33. it will be exciting & scary i,m sure... looking forward to the buzz if it all goes "pete tong" no worries... i,m back playing £3 £5 tomorrow. back later with the live up-date... "good luck Ian... this tape will self destruct in 2 seconds"
    Posted by devonfish5
    GL dev i think getting an early lead with them is better for your mindset, i lost a few of £11 dont think i played bad, but just really ul and kinda really got to me the amount it was taking off my br, it felt like it was set up for me to lose so i stopped went back to the £5 and confidence returned which is what you are doing so think thats a good plan, even though its wierd because i feel more comfortable at the £16 ones prob cos i havnt lost those yet and got an early lead. I think its the fact of the jump up and you should play your game and not worry about the buy in even though a loss really does effect your br especialy around the £200-£400 mark, look forward to seeing how you get on with them i may see you on them i may not GL m8
  • edited May 2012
    thanks Mike,

thanks Daz
    yes,it really can be real mental battle this game at times,can,t it.
    anyway,it,s all good fun too.
    hope to see yourself & Mike at my table laters;
    be nice to see some familiar faces...lol

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    a good thing to do maybe is watch the £11 games dont play them get used to whos who and how they play before jumping in you can then make notes and have an edge.
  • edited May 2012
    Best of luck Dev moving up to the next level.Planning to start back today.

Run well mate.
  • edited May 2012
    good idea daz,
    i,ll certainly do that.
    i,m also going 2 be very table selective to start with...
    as i was with the £5,s.
    any more than 2 regs on a table,i simply won,t load up.
    cheers buddy
    dev

hi Pat,(day4eire)
    cheers mate,appreciated.
    hope things are alittle better 4 u 2 atm.
    good luck yourself,
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Dev,

How do you know the regs from the lobby?
    I am having to keep track of the number of times i play players & notes during the game, but at the moment they are all the same to me.

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    hi Mike,
    i,ve been watching some £11 games earlier today & £5 too,
    saw you playing on 1 table not sure what level .
    i just run players name through the find a player box,nxt to community in lobby,
    and see if they are multi-tableing.
    if they are that players name i write down on my list of players to try and avoid.
    not very scientific i know,but it,s a start.
    as a matter of interest i did watch john connor earlier,playing 2x£5 & 2x£11 tables.
    quite interesting to see how he goes about playing the later stages.
    all pretty much as i expected i would say.
    also seeing the guys playing the £11 games has certainly not done me any harm,
    if anything has given me the confidence to proceed with my plan.
    anyway,
    can,t sit here chatting all night can i.
    that,s not going to get the job done.
    good luck m8,
    here we go.
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    Yep tight as a ducks wotsit dev & you will be fine :-)
  • edited May 2012
    the quality of players on the £11 dym so far that ive seen are complete calling stations and worse than any other level imo. Few on there that are good regs but the others well..!! woggie will tell you he saw one at my table calling a raise pre with 84 off then calling post flop raise when hits his bottom pair of 8s then calls turn to hit trip 8s on the river lol. Cant wait to see how you got on dev :)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm £229.66):
    the quality of players on the £11 dym so far that ive seen are complete calling stations and worse than any other level imo. Few on there that are good regs but the others well..!! woggie will tell you he saw one at my table calling a raise pre with 84 off then calling post flop raise when hits his bottom pair of 8s then calls turn to hit trip 8s on the river lol. Cant wait to see how you got on dev :)
    Posted by Dazler[/QUOTE
    Got to agree with daz there m8, I have found the games change as the day goes on as well, seem to be looser players after 6.00ish. Mind you the other players probably think I am a calling station/ clown lol
    Hope your luck gets better m8

Mike

• edited May 2012
    What's happened devon? :s

Just checked sharkscope :/
  • edited May 2012
    DAY  24

£11
        w  1  +£9.00
        l   7  -£77.00
               -----------
               -£68.00
    £5
       w  11  +£49.50
        l  20  -£110
                ---------
                -£60.50

lost £129.50 (£1 error)

b/roll  £100.16 (+£59.45)

c4p  245
    total 2762 =£33.14 to come)

HAD BETTER NIGHTS......LOL

ok,
    picked the wrong night to move up.  lol
    felt i played ok...
    not that the result would suggest it.

no excuses,only got myself to blame.
    i could have stopped playing at anytime...couldn,t i?
    (i deviated from my original nights game plan of just playing the 1 £11 game & 4x£5 games....
    and therefore only possibly losing £33......silly boy.)
    but once i went down i was always chasing & never recovered.

i always new that this night could/would come....
    so guess it was always meant to be today.
    yes i,m unhappy with tonight but the pain is now over.

looking on the brighter side...
    i am still £60 up with another £33 c4p to come...
    so my mission is far from over.

i will be dropping back a level tomorrow...
    to £3 & £5.(nearly had to drop 2 levels...saved by 16p   lol)

if tonight has taught me anything...
    i can,t think what it is atm.
    i will probably have a better idea tomorrow,once i have slept on it.

sorry folks...feel i have let you all down   :-(

i,ll be back fighting again tomorrow...
    i,m battered & briused but i,m not out yet.

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    What's happened devon? :s Just checked sharkscope :/
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN
    all 4 wheels come off tonight m8
    not the end of the world though is it?
    just feels like it 4 a while.

"I,LL BE BACK"

well hopefully...lol
    :-(
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    m8 i know exactly how you feel, the £11 quid ones are a nightmare for your roll if it goes pete tong i cant get to grips with them and played well. So grind it back up m8 which you can do very easily and try again later. The problem with trying to tackle it and when you start with more losses than wins is your confidence goes and you play more to try and get a few wins back ive won 10 and lost 16 which is a loss of -£86 which is quite nasty really and my br is £400 and it hurt, especialy if you worked hard at the lower levels. But as you said you gave it a bash and thats all you can do to progress, stick to your plan and dont try and play catch up and things will go well. But im sure you know that you have a talent for these so keep on grindin m8 :) stick with the £5 dyms when your back up and start next month off up a level.
  • edited May 2012
    Was going to say chin up devon, but I know it's unnecessary from your posts. These things happen mate (unfortunately). I know you will bounce back from this you have the best temperament/attitude possible. Tomorrow is another day mate.
  • edited May 2012
    i`ve been reading your thread everyday its a good read also devon so just keep what your doing m8 everyone goes on a downswing but you don`t need me to tell you.

gl on gettin back on winning ways tomorrow know you can do it buddy
  • edited May 2012
    sorry folks...feel i have let you all down 
    Posted by devonfish5
    not all m8 - not at all
    you may feel you have let yourself done with some Bankroll indiscipline - but we all have done it (and continue to do so) - and it is just unfortunate you hit the downswing as you stepped up a level.

but we have every confidence that you will retrench and grind back up - thus demonstrating how even after hitting a nasty bad patch it is possible to win if one applies oneself - and you have certainly done that before and for sure will do so again
  • edited May 2012
    Hey dev,

Just wanted to reiterate (as forgot earlier) that you haven't let anyone down mate not at all. We're just here to support you on this great journey that you're letting us be part of. I think we all admire your refreshing attitude towards the game.  

Anyway, thought this hand might lift your spirits a bit mate. In the hand I have the original raiser down as very weak and the callers the same. Of course, if I know just how weak they are, I never make this move as the outcome is pretty frightful to say the least. Oh, by the way, have a guess what stakes this is.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JohnConnor Small blind  25.00 25.00 1850.00
    Player 5 Big blind  50.00 75.00 2720.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Player 1 Raise  150.00 225.00 1575.00
    Player 2Call  150.00 375.00 1585.00
    Player 3 Call  150.00 525.00 1385.00
    Player 4Fold     
    JohnConnor All-in  1850.00 2375.00 0.00
    Player 5 Fold     
    Player 1All-in  1575.00 3950.00 0.00
    Player 2 All-in  1585.00 5535.00 0.00
    Player 3All-in  1385.00 6920.00 0.00
    JohnConnor Unmatched bet  140.00 6780.00 140.00
    JohnConnor Show
    • Q
    • A

Player 1Show

Player 2Show
    • A
    • J

Player 3Show
    • K
    • J

Flop

• A
    • A

Turn

River

JohnConnor Win Full House, Aces and 6s 3390.00  3530.00
    Player 2Win Full House, Aces and 6s 3390.00  3390.00
  • edited May 2012
    Unlucky about yesterday pal. You come back stronger in so many ways.

Haven`t let anyone down!

Good luck buddy.
  • edited May 2012
    sorry folks...feel i have let you all down :-(

Dont be so daft Devon,, you have the balls to type up your loss and take it on the chin, yes bankroll management went awry, yes maybe your challenge was a tough one.
    But what you didnt do was slink away and let the diary drop off the page, you faced up to it, you will sleep on it, it WILL look more realistic tomorrow when you realise just how well you have done so far, what ROI have you achieved in this short time ?, what amount of experience have you gained ?
    Brush yourself down, get some perspectve but dont you ever feel you have let anyone down.
    You have the balls to try, more than most, myself probably included...

Good Luck mate
  • edited May 2012
    Nooo. You were doing fine on my tables gutted to see this today keep going m8 give the £11 ones a go on a fri/sat night next time
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Dev,

I know its no consolation m8, but,
    take a look at my sharkscope graph & you will see that exactly the same thing happened to me on sunday I fell off the edge of the cliff, like I said in my thread I was having a bad day on the £5.50 tables & made matters worse by going onto the £11 tables (losses on there really hurt) & that is not the way either of us are with bankroll management but we all do it sometimes.
    From what I saw of your play last night m8 most of your calls were good you just ended up in horrid spots that no one would get away from. 
    Get back in your "comfort zone", build it up again m8 you have the game to do it. But no more of this "letting anyone down rubbish" you feel mad with yourself, but days like that will only make your resolve to succeed the greater, and you will for sure.

Dev you can do it!! 

Mike

• edited May 2012
    THANKYOU ALL GUYS 4 THE NICE POSTS AND SUPPORT....

THEY ARE ALL VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.!!!

yes,it,s another day,so "move on"...y,day,s gone.

it,s funny though,no not funny maybe ironic i think...
    after what was let,s face it "a mini-disaster yesterday"
    i really felt so calm and at peace with myself afterwards and even slept well.
    quite surprising.
     looking back...just 4 a minute and to give y,day closure,
    "any regrets?....no
    i could have played it safe,carried on "as i was, couldn,t i?
    but this challenge isn,t about "playing it safe"
    it is all about 1 thing...
    the end result....,being to win a thousand pounds or fail trying.!!!
    i have been playing it safe for the past 2 years...like many others....grinding,
    and enjoyed it...totally.
    i will almost certainly "go back to it" once this challenge finishes....i guess?
    but this isn,t about grinding,is it?
    this is about something diferent...something new....even exciting  maybe,
    taking oneself somewhere you haven,t been before,
    new levels...
    new players to play...
    new pressures.
    new pain,
    ouch.

have i learnt anything?
    yes,obviously..."i guess i am now officially...in the "Daz supporters club"
    oh how we hate those blimin £11 Do Your Money,s.!!!
    lol
    it has also made me realise just how much money can be "won & lost" so very easily.
    anyway,that,s it.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the line has been drawn....

"I,VE MOVED ON"

(*  *)
       "
       ^
    de
    v

• edited May 2012
    it happens m8, chin up always a bit of run good around the corner

fwiw get to £220, have two shot at £11's - if it don't work move back

at the moment move back to £3's and rebuild

• edited May 2012
    thanks rancid,
    will do buddy
    dev

ps,
    very good advice m8.
    obviously my plan fell apart y,day
    so it would seem foolish to try the same thing twice...wouldn,t it?
    if i can get there again....
    i will try your suggestion...
    thanks ranny.
  • edited May 2012
    thanks alot Mike,
    yes,i,m confident that my game is pretty much ok
    as i,ve said...didn,t feel i played that bad.
    pretty much the nature of dym,s i guess,they are great to play when u r winning,
    not so good when they go against u.
    i,m hoping this is just a temporary set-back,& hopefully it will be business as normal ronnie.
    Rancid has just made a good point which i will consider using next time,
    just taking 2 shots at the higher level,thus ensuring "last night"won,t happen again.

thanks again mike...appreciated,
    dev