You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Hi all.Have had the week away from the game bar 2 hus on wednesday.Had the 1st set of tests for the weeman re finding out what could be the cause of his "problems".All is good regarding the hearing tests this week so that was a relief.Over the last month or so I think I let myself down by not following the mantra of this thread,ie there are worse things happenin out there and not to get too down with things.Between 1 thing and another the stresses of whats goin on at home atm had got me seriously down and I really had no interest in playin the game that helped take my mind off things.However,after a strong word or 2 from the missus(not for young ears lol) I think I've  got my mojo back and have to look out for myself as well as the family.So with that in mind I'll probably get back into it today while the golfs on,(day off work yay).May see you on the tables later.
    Be good 
    Cheers
    Paul

• edited September 2012
    Mornin folks!I know I probably post a wee bit too much on this thread,but the whole meanin of this thread kicked in earlier on saturday.Weeman took quite ill saturday mornin and got took into hospital.Thankfully all is good and he is now tucked up in bed kippin while I'm on night duties.But to hark back to a previous post where I felt incredibly down in the dumps,this has hit home to me anyway how much more important real life is compared to a game.Was a scary time earlier and I'm glad its over and done with.Had a wee bit of abuse at the tables earlier due to me gettin lucky once or twice but c'est la vie.Will probably be up for a wee while yet so take it easy folks and be good.
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Paul,
    Hope weeman's OK.  Abuse at the tables? Water off a duck's back m8! I love it when I get "abuse", means I'm #winning!  Take care.
    pad
  • edited October 2012
    Hi folks.This is goin to be my last post for a wee while as I took the decision a few days ago to knock the poker on th head for a wee while,probably till the new year.This is due to occurences at home which require me giving 100% dedication to the wife and weeman.The next month or 2 are goin to be tough,but hopefully there will be a good outcome meaning I can get back to a game or two in the new year.Added to that,the weemans first autism assesment on the 22nd and there seems to be no spare time atm to do anything.So I'd just like to leave you with a big thanks to those contributors to this thread which in part helped the missus and myself to see that "issues" with the weeman wont be as bad as we thought they might be.Hopefully once the new year comes round I'll have some positive news and will be able to share a few more tales.Much respect to the forum and hope you all get the outcomes you wish for.
    Be good all.
    Cheers.
    Paul.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! Reality bites.:
    Hi folks.This is goin to be my last post for a wee while as I took the decision a few days ago to knock the poker on th head for a wee while,probably till the new year.This is due to occurences at home which require me giving 100% dedication to the wife and weeman.The next month or 2 are goin to be tough,but hopefully there will be a good outcome meaning I can get back to a game or two in the new year.Added to that,the weemans first autism assesment on the 22nd and there seems to be no spare time atm to do anything.So I'd just like to leave you with a big thanks to those contributors to this thread which in part helped the missus and myself to see that "issues" with the weeman wont be as bad as we thought they might be.Hopefully once the new year comes round I'll have some positive news and will be able to share a few more tales.Much respect to the forum and hope you all get the outcomes you wish for. Be good all. Cheers. Paul.
    Posted by bignoise10
    hi Paul,
    hope things go well for the 'wee man' and you all over the nxt few months leading up to xmas,and especially the 22nd which will obviously be a big day for you all.
    i'm sure we will all miss you and your inspiring posts.
    come back soon mate and keep us all posted on any developments.lets hope they will all be good ones.
    best wishes as always bud.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Just cant stay away lol.Got a free night tonight,missus out with mates and weeman up at grans so rather than sit around and mope,thought I'd come on and give a wee update.The 22nd is gonna be a huge day for us all with autism assessment starting.Have to admit,its quite scary the closer it gets.Speech is comin on leaps and bounds.Nearly at 4 word sentences.Gotta say weemans not fussed at all about all the drama goin on,wish I couldsay the same about the missus.Havin a wee go at a freeroll tonight,dont really feel up to a proper game atm.Anyway,will try and update as the assesments go by.As ever,be good all.
    Cheers.
    Paul.
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    best wishes Paul & gl with the freeroll
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Today couldnt have gone better folks.First autism assessment and the words my missus and I have longed to hear from a doc,and I quote."If autism is present which I doubt is at all likely because of adams interaction skills and speech progress,he will be at the very bottom of the spectrum".That people is some of the greatest news we have heard in such a long time.Now theres more assessments to come but we are deffo more happy than this time yesterday.Appreciating now simpler things is the way forward for me and even the worst day at work or on the tables will never get me down after todays news.Life is good folks atm,VERY good.Wasnt gonna be playin much for a wee while until good news came our way,but will give it another go soon.
    As always folks.
    Be good.
    Paul
  • edited October 2012
    Today couldnt have gone better folks.First autism assessment and the words my missus and I have longed to hear from a doc,and I quote."If autism is present which I doubt is at all likely because of adams interaction skills and speech progress,he will be at the very bottom of the spectrum".That people is some of the greatest news we have heard in such a long time.Now theres more assessments to come but we are deffo more happy than this time yesterday.Appreciating now simpler things is the way forward for me and even the worst day at work or on the tables will never get me down after todays news.Life is good folks atm,VERY good.Wasnt gonna be playin much for a wee while until good news came our way,but will give it another go soon.
    As always folks.
    Be good.
    Paul
  • edited October 2012
    bignoise i dont think ive ever played you at a table that I can remember, but im well chuffed for you and your family mate.

Being a dad to a 2yr old girl i know how important we take there welfare.

All the best sir

Mewillows (Jamie)
  • edited October 2012
    hi Paul,

GREAT NEWS...I'M SO PLEASED FOR YOU ALL!!!

best wishes

:)
    ian
  • edited October 2012
    Fantastic news Paul! Having become a father myself for the first time recently and having a pretty rough start ourselves, I know precisely how good it feels to get positive news :) All the best to you and the family.
  • edited October 2012
    That's fantastic!

Keep positive, and look forward to a bright future :)

Really happy for you and your family.
  • edited October 2012
    Brilliant news Paul.
    Very happy for you and your wife and of course weeman.
    best of luck.

Regards Alan
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for responses folks.Been away most of the day.Took a half day at work,spent the day with the weeman and the choccy labrador,(great with kids btw).Massively different person today than yesterday mornin prior to the assessment.Keep tellin the missus that it was never in doubt lol.Aint gonna count my chickens before they hatch but future assessments will hold no fear from now on.Lot of posters on here I've never been at the same table as. Many play at a much higher level than myself,so its nice to get feedback from everyone.Back into work at 7 tomorrow mornin,but hey,its all good.
    Be good folks.
    Cheers.
    Paul
  • edited October 2012
    just caught up with this m8
    great news
  • edited October 2012
    Great news.  I hope to see you at the tables when you are feeling ready to come back.  Take care and run golden always
  • edited October 2012
    Brilliant news Paul

• edited October 2012
    great news pal :) 
  • edited October 2012
    Tremendous News!!

Well Done All Concerned!!

esp WELL DONE WEEMAN!!!!
  • edited October 2012
    Once again,thanks forall the above messages guys.This shows whats a bit special about this community.A lot of other sites just dont have this.Really gonna make a big effort to get down to the spt dublin,even if only as an observer.Be really good to put faces to aliases.Headin off to work now.Weeman and missus both kippin atm,grrrr.Hopefully be on a wee tourney or 2 over the weekend.
    As always,be good all
    Cheers.
    Paul.
  • edited October 2012
    Mornin folks!!Bit of a late 1 tonight.1st proper game since weemans assessments.Took a bit of a beating earlier but clawed it back and more later on.Have to say I've missed the game even if was only for a wee while.Think I've finally got my head round what I need to be doin to make a go of tryin to make a few notes.Gonna be small steps at small stakes but hopefully I can turn the enjoyment of the game into a few wins here and there,and if not so be it.Been a great week as you all know so sittin back with a nice glass of red while all are asleep and takin it in by myself for the 1st time what this week has done for my family.Started this thread some time back with the bravado of what will be will be and the weemans issues wont be a hassle.Tbh it scared the s*** outta me the closer it got to d day,but with family support etc we got through it with flyin colours.Of course all the well wishes on the forum brought many a smile to mine and the missus' face also,so a big cheers to you all on behalf o the weeman.
    Be good as always.
    Pau
    Ps.been followin wackos progress.sick sick sick lol.very well done though
  • edited October 2012
    Just seen your post.

Great stuff! Pleased for you and your family. gl at getting to an spt!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi folks.Well,I think its time to bring this little piece of the weemans journey to a close.As stated in a different post,the weemans first autism assessment could'nt have gone any better.Wont be another until the new year but he starts what I would describe as a pre pre school in a few weeks time.Think its for kids who are just a wee bit short of where they need to be.Will be very interesting to see how he mixes wit more young uns his age.Prob in the new year I'll update the progress he makes as there arent as many appointments atm.Just wanted to close this little piece of this thread with a big thanks to those who supported the subject of the thread even htough I'm a newish member to the site.Have to say that in the last few weeks due to other outside issues,I've let slip the point I was tryin to put accross at the start of this thread.Was feelin sorry for myself,was lettin silly things get to me etc but think I'm back on track.Obviously a lot of different people posted their own stories on here which has helped immensely to see that I wasnt alone in facing what I might have thought at the time was a real issue.So in that respect I'm glad I did this all those months ago.Just a final wee point regarding this thread,so many of you have posted with well wishes and you're own stories,so I'm thanking you all for that,but a big cheers goes to a fella who has supported this thread from pretty much day one,responding to nearly all my posts and wishing good things for the future.Devonfish.Cheers m8.This aint missin out on anyone else,just I felt he took a vested interest from the start.So cheers all and may you run like usain Bolt!!!
    Be good all
    Paul(and Adam)
  • edited November 2012
    hi Paul,
    glad all is well mate.
    ty for the mention,really you shouldn't have,but appreciated.
    not long now 'till xmas i guess,so hope you all have an extra specially good one.
    keep posting mate,always good to hear how well the 'wee mans' doing.
    best wishes
    ian
  • edited November 2012

Great stuff Paul, & don't be a stranger, right?
  • edited November 2012
    hI big'

Great noise all round fella and so what if ur poker is off or on....you can just go and hug the wee one when u tilt...JOB DONE!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Paul - Ist time i've read your thread and i am truely humbled and full of admiration. I started reading from the beginning while running deep in the freeroll today and as each reply sunk in I became less and less interested in the tourny and more and more inspired by what you have been through to a point where i shipped my chips so I could read through every post with 100% focus. What a journey!

Kudos goes out to the sky community as well for sharing, caring and just being there for you, your wife and of course the weeman.

I will now look out for the updates and use the inspiration from this thread to deal with "tilt" in a much more opositive way.

Run good and best of wishes 

Graeme