You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Poker update.I have actually won money tonight!!!! yeee ha.Only 20 notes but hey ho.Got to final 8 in bh.Lost a few hypers won a few hypers along the way so for the 1st time in a long time poker results are of a positive nature.
    Ps.now weemans speakin!! he says hello ha!!
    Be good and run good.
    Best wishes.
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life!:
    Poker update.I have actually won money tonight!!!! yeee ha.Only 20 notes but hey ho.Got to final 8 in bh.Lost a few hypers won a few hypers along the way so for the 1st time in a long time poker results are of a positive nature. Ps.now weemans speakin!! he says hello ha!! Be good and run good. Best wishes. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    N1 Paul!!

say 'hello ha' back to weeman!!

ps Is there a bit of 'Hawaian' in your family, pmsl!! 
  • edited August 2012
    Poker update.I have actually won money tonight!!!! yeee ha.Only 20 notes but hey ho.Got to final 8 in bh.Lost a few hypers won a few hypers along the way so for the 1st time in a long time poker results are of a positive nature. Ps.now weemans speakin!! he says hello ha!! Be good and run good. Best wishes. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    nice to hear you have won again Paul,well done.
    also,say "hello ha"to the weeman from me.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    When you play Paul you must get a huge railing community considering
    the input you have put into this thread is tremendous.
    Keep up with the thread as it has inspired me to become a much better poker player mentally.
     Run Good at the tables

Nigel
  • edited August 2012
    Hi folks.Now the houes is quiet,I can get to writin.This Monday comin will be the weemans last speech therapy for 3 months.Apparently my wife and I have the enjoyable task of continuing this by ourselves until a proper assessment can be made.Scary!!However,the progress that has been made has been so marked the speech therapist says we should have no worries about the weemans eventual leap into "full time talkin".Since I started this thread(with litle or no expectation of replies might I add) way back the massive difference in the weeman now has been uplifting to say the least.It sort of seems this chapter is comin to an end re the original post.However,after Monday I will probably continue to update the weeemans progress as well as my own at the tables.The autism situation has taken a back seat atm cos of waiting lists etc,so thats always at the back of our minds.BUT progress has deffo been made and I know I've posted something along these lines before but cheers to you all who posted your stories and messages of support.Been a real boost to not only me,but also the missus.To be fair,the poker side of things has sucked for a good couple of months now,which normally would be cause for rants etc lol,so i have to say I've mellowed  a hell of a lot during this wee journey.Will deffo keep updating after Monday,but would like to say a big cheers to you all and like I posted some time back"May you run as golden as my weemans smile"
    Thanks
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    All the best to you and your family mate
  • edited August 2012
    glad to hear the weeman is still making good progress,
    best wishes Paul to all three of you,
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hi all.Just a wee final word on this part of the weemans and my own journey.As I posted earlier the weeman had his final speech therapy for a while on Monday.Such a remarkable progress since 2 months or os back when I started this thread.Up to 21 words now!!Wanted to just bring this part of the thread to a close with the hope of reporting on future ups and down along the wqy.Its been a real eye opener the stories from others and well wishers on this site and all have been taken in great regard.Whe this 1st went out I had no idea what to expect but things have changed for the better somuch,me included!So thx all and I'd just like to leave you all with the inspiration behind this thread.The weeman.
    Cheers and be good 
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    Hi again!Sorry to keep adding to this at an alarming rate but some positive news today re the weemans autism situation.Got word earlier today that the 1st batch of tests are in the pipeline,possibly by the end of the year :)).Now I know that this is just a tiny step but any forward movement is good news atm.So, whether or not the final result is good or just not as good,I'm happy that we are goin in the right direction.
    Fingers crossed.
    Cheers 
    Paul.
    Ps.As previously my poker does not merit much mention atm lol.
    Be good all.
  • edited August 2012
    glad all is looking good Paul,

NOW SORT YOUR POKER OUT!!!

lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Great Updates Paul

& great pic of Weeman!!
  • edited August 2012
    Thx dev n hitman.Agree 100% dev,need to get into the poker a bit more m8.Have 50 notes in my br atm and we'll see where that takes me.Have faith in my (limited) ability lol but the boredom factor kicks in quickly m8.Havent really got the hang of multi tabling yet but am gona give it a good go.Really good to see you're nearin the end of your challenge.Like I said previously lad,wee buns!
    Be good all
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    Thx dev n hitman.Agree 100% dev,need to get into the poker a bit more m8.Have 50 notes in my br atm and we'll see where that takes me.Have faith in my (limited) ability lol but the boredom factor kicks in quickly m8.Havent really got the hang of multi tabling yet but am gona give it a good go.Really good to see you're nearin the end of your challenge.Like I said previously lad,wee buns! Be good all Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    try DTD Monday mate, great way of gettin used to 3 tables, only £5!! 3 tournies!!
  • edited August 2012
    real life
    is about recognising excellence too
    killa: jus like dat
    here's to you and hartigan
    respec' and be positive   :)
    feel  the love of the world
    http://youtu.be/pCx5Std7mCo
  • edited August 2012
    glad things are going better mate.
    kids are nothing but trouble but wouldn't be without my 2 even though my hair is going grey at an alarming rate! And they are only 9 and 6! 1 of each
    got the grumpy teens to come. gulp!
    shouldn't have any problems with my daughter though - got the convent room booked and the shotgun ready just in case :))))
    you've got to enjoy every moment no matter how small as you never know. we had a scare a few weeks ago when a stomach ache turned into a very nasty appendictis and operation and almst 2 days without sleep. he's now driving us up the wall as he can't do any sports for another few weeks

the weeman looks a cheeky handful, but I'd bet when he smiles at you you forget what you were going to tell hiim off about!

good luck and run good
  • edited August 2012
    glad things are going better mate. kids are nothing but trouble but wouldn't be without my 2 even though my hair is going grey at an alarming rate! And they are only 9 and 6! 1 of each got the grumpy teens to come. gulp! shouldn't have any problems with my daughter though - got the convent room booked and the shotgun ready just in case :)))) you've got to enjoy every moment no matter how small as you never know. we had a scare a few weeks ago when a stomach ache turned into a very nasty appendictis and operation and almst 2 days without sleep. he's now driving us up the wall as he can't do any sports for another few weeks the weeman looks a cheeky handful, but I'd bet when he smiles at you you forget what you were going to tell hiim off about! good luck and run good
    Posted by walesboy
    Thx bud.Aye, its hard to stay too cross for too long m8.Glad your scare turned out for the best.Only problem now is this "runnin good" I hear all talkin about lol.Hopefully it introduces itself to me at some stage :)))
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Paul

Hitman makes a great point, the DTD on a Mon night is a great way to learn how to multi table.  3 tournaments for 5.50 is always good!!  I was rubbish at multi tabling and found myself getting bored easily, playing hands I wouldn't normally play etc etc  Once I got the hang of it I find I prefer playing 3 tables compared to one.  It holds your attention!! Would be great to see you there one week if you can make it.

p.s. ur wee man is cutieee!!!!  Glad to hear all is going well :D

Lisa x
  • edited August 2012
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope things are going well
  • edited August 2012
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!! hope things are going well
    Posted by lozgo
    Things have come to a close for a wee while re the weemans speech therapy.So far so good on that front :)).Just waiting on dates for autism evaluation:((.So in mean time hope the poker goes good.Fingers crossed.
    Good luck all tonight.
    Cheers.
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Best nights poker in a long time.Won 2 £3 scarys for a grand profit of 20 big ones lol.Aint life changin I know but its goin in the right direction for a wee change :)).Onwards and upwards folks.
    Be good 
    Paul
  • edited September 2012

Hey Paul,

Glad the wee fellla is doing so well.I have been reading the blog bit by bit.Really inspiring read.Sort of puts our bit of misfortune into place.Glad things are looking better and a nice win on the tables tops it all off.Wishing you and all the family the best.

Pat

• edited September 2012
    Hey Paul, Glad the wee fellla is doing so well.I have been reading the blog bit by bit.Really inspiring read.Sort of puts our bit of misfortune into place.Glad things are looking better and a nice win on the tables tops it all off.Wishing you and all the family the best. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thx bud.Seems youve had your fair share of misfortune m8.Been readin over your post too man.Hope all goes good for you n your family m8 also.Keep postin bud,you'll get a lot of good banter on here.
    Think its time to quit while I'm ahead :))) Bed time!
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Best nights poker in a long time.Won 2 £3 scarys for a grand profit of 20 big ones lol.Aint life changin I know but its goin in the right direction for a wee change :)).Onwards and upwards folks. Be good  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    hi Paul,
    glad u have got a nice cash....at last.  lol

a tale for you....

y/day,my brother Mark, his son Lewis(13,special needs)& myself watched the film 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' on Mark's 52" tv in his bedroom.
    we had cans of coke(the real thing) lol,peanuts & 2 boxes of Maltesers,so we could have been at the pictures.  lol
    anyway,really enjoyed the film from start to finish,reccomend it for everyone.won't spoil it but it had a nice ending,which i found nice.  lol
    Mark watched it lying on his bed & Lewis sat next to me in the 2 box chair things.
    we also had another very interested viewer....Lewis's pet toy monkey,who has been 'in the family' since Lewis was about 6/7 yrs old.
    i think he enjoyed it...but he doesn't say much..bless him.
    every time a 'nasty bit' came up Mark would shout out to Lewis "cover monkeys eyes up Lewis,he doesn't like it"
    which of course he did.
    so sweet really,and just a little reminder.. that there's more to life than poker.

hope it made you smile,
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : hi Paul, glad u have got a nice cash....at last.  lol a tale for you.... y/day,my brother Mark, his son Lewis(13,special needs)& myself watched the film 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' on Mark's 52" tv in his bedroom. we had cans of coke(the real thing) lol,peanuts & 2 boxes of Maltesers,so we could have been at the pictures.  lol anyway,really enjoyed the film from start to finish,reccomend it for everyone.won't spoil it but it had a nice ending,which i found nice.  lol Mark watched it lying on his bed & Lewis sat next to me in the 2 box chair things. we also had another very interested viewer....Lewis's pet toy monkey,who has been 'in the family' since Lewis was about 6/7 yrs old. i think he enjoyed it...but he doesn't say much..bless him. every time a 'nasty bit' came up Mark would shout out to Lewis "cover monkeys eyes up Lewis,he doesn't like it" which of course he did. so sweet really,and just a little reminder.. that there's more to life than poker. hope it made you smile, (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Stuff like that always brings a smile to my face m8.Totally agree that theres simpler pleasures than losin the rag over a game of cards.Although it is easier to take when youre winning lol.Weemans not at the stage where he can sit still for any length of time to watch tv with us but he is fascinated watchin me play poker for some reason.Maybe he likes to watch the sufferin of others :))
    Anyway,be good m8
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Hi again all.Another week has disappeared so fast.Jus tryin to keep things fresh here for those that are actually still interested lol.Good and not so good news this week.Deffo gettin the early autism tests done before crimbo.Good news all round on that score as the waitin around is fast becomin an unwelcome distraction in our house as the missus has now convinced herself that it will be the"worst"case scenario.Bit of a doom and gloom merchant lol.Like I've said umpteen times it'll be what it is and thats that.The fact the weemans been quite ill this week hasnt helped what with so many sleepless nights then goin to work grrr.The tiredness shall be my excuse for this weeks poor showing at the tables!!!Not so good atm but tbh for the first time since this thread started I havent been actually too disappointed at losin a few quid.Other matters have took precedence etc.I know I havent been able to play a dtd yet.Really because mondays n thursdays are the only days me n the missus get to ourselves in the week between 1 thing and another.However I think in 2 mondays time I'll have a free night so I'm lookin forward to tryin it out as I've heard nothin but good about it.Once weemans better though,dunno what excuse I'll use to pardon my bad play  ;))Thats it again folks for another wee while,just thought I'd share this weeks ups n downs with you and hope you continue to enjoy readin.
    Be good.
    Cheers.
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    hi Paul,
    only natural for the wife to be thinking thr worst m8,
    just be there for her especially on them bad days.
    like you say what will be will be and you will cope with it,no matter what.
    let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed for the wee man.
    on the poker front it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things,is it.
    if u win it's nice for sure,if u lose it's only money.
    hope the wee man gets better soon.
    best wishes Paul.
    :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Paul,
    Not posted for a bit but been following the weeman's story.  Re DTD, great fun. First time I tried it I managed to FT the DTD3 (Take on Tikay as was) Since then NADA! lol.  I did post my story on a thread called something like..."Diary of a DTDer Debutante" I'll try & find it for you.  Some good advice if I recall.  
     Regards to the  weeman & the wife.
    pad
  • edited September 2012
    Hi again all.Another week has disappeared so fast.Jus tryin to keep things fresh here for those that are actually still interested lol.Good and not so good news this week.Deffo gettin the early autism tests done before crimbo.Good news all round on that score as the waitin around is fast becomin an unwelcome distraction in our house as the missus has now convinced herself that it will be the"worst"case scenario.Bit of a doom and gloom merchant lol.Like I've said umpteen times it'll be what it is and thats that.The fact the weemans been quite ill this week hasnt helped what with so many sleepless nights then goin to work grrr.The tiredness shall be my excuse for this weeks poor showing at the tables!!!Not so good atm but tbh for the first time since this thread started I havent been actually too disappointed at losin a few quid.Other matters have took precedence etc.I know I havent been able to play a dtd yet.Really because mondays n thursdays are the only days me n the missus get to ourselves in the week between 1 thing and another.However I think in 2 mondays time I'll have a free night so I'm lookin forward to tryin it out as I've heard nothin but good about it.Once weemans better though,dunno what excuse I'll use to pardon my bad play  ;))Thats it again folks for another wee while,just thought I'd share this weeks ups n downs with you and hope you continue to enjoy readin. Be good. Cheers. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Good luck with the tests and like you say, it is what it is.

best wishes
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry for not replyin yesterday dev,glen n rancid.Appreciate the replies.I,m sure at the end of all this whenever that may be,I'll be able to look back and think there was really no need to be worryin.
    Be good 
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    Hi all (again!).I know its been no time really since my last post on this thread but in that short space of time things have progressed quite a bit.As posted earlier the weeman in all likelihood will have started his autism assessment before crimbo.But before then another set of appointments have come through rather surprisingly.Totally forgot about hearing assessments that were due cos they were discussed so long ago.Accordin to various docs,its quite possible thats whats delayin the weemans speech progress.So by months end we'll know if his lack of speech is something to do with that rather than a knock on from any possible autism.This is GOOD NEWS in our house as the missus has been climbin the walls worryin about stuff she'll never be able to change and gives her a wee glimmer of optmism.This is also good for me as it saves a lot of earache lol.So massive strides are being made in that score.Hopefully I can translate that into reasonably good poker results in the near future as the up and down nature of my play leaves a hell of a lot to be desired :(.Was considerin keepin a record of my performances but not sure if I have the dedication to keep a proper diary as it could leave me open to a lot of ridicule re my play ha ha.So we'll see how things pan out in the next week or 2.Gonna leave a wee tune with each of my posts from now on reflectin my mood as I think I've made enough acquaintances on this forum to share my thoughts.If I can start up a topic re my kid's wellbeing,I think I can do this also.Thanks for readin all.
    Be good.
    Paul.