You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Folks,since the thread has been up people at tables I've been on have commented with really positive comments on my story and the others.Tonight in a timed tourney after someone took a bad beat at my hands(had 10 bbs left went all in with q 7 clubs,was 1st to act btw tryin to take blinds and hit against oppos k j clubs)the dogs abuse that was forthcomin was ridiculous,oppo then had 10s done by k 10 then went nuclear on us both long after elimination.The unspoken swear word was used quite a bit!!Now I'm a grown boy and have heard some chat in my times (and said quite a bit also!),so its water off a ducks back,my question is,is a £5.50 loss such a big issue to go off like that?I'll just keep pointin folk towards this thread,let them read it and then see how big a loss it is compared to others.Cheers.
    Paul
  • edited June 2012
    listen to this song bignoise just a fantastic song i always think of my grandad when listening to this who sadly passed away eric clapton http://youtu.be/AscPOozwYA8
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Bignoise

I've pmd you about something that may be of interest to you today...
    cheers
  • edited June 2012
    Lol m8.Nice one.Was gonna say needed cheerin up.Have been hit for 30 notes today on the heads ups.Just one of those days when gettin beat when ahead and behind.HOWEVER!!This is the big 1 here.Weeman deffo 100% said his 1st words today(been a very long time comin I might add)Einstein he aint at the mo lol but very happy about todays events :))Will be sure to follow up on your pm man.
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life!:
    listen to this song bignoise just a fantastic song i always think of my grandad when listening to this who sadly passed away eric clapton  http://youtu.be/AscPOozwYA8
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    IDCU,lovely tune m8.You might want to try this one.Quality.Also brings perspective when you feel really down.
    Be good. 
    Paul
  • edited June 2012
    yeah good tune im a massive oasis fan :) 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : IDCU,lovely tune m8.You might want to try this one.Quality.Also brings perspective when you feel really down. Be good.  Paul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyVil0dwhk
    Posted by bignoise10
    One of their finest songs!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : One of their finest songs!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Think its their best one ever.Great meaning to it.
  • edited June 2012
    had a good day today :) im smiling ahd rooney 1-0 28/1 had a quid on that and cashed in £250 gtd tourney :) SwineFlu560001£125 + 20 League PointsIDONKCALLU02£75 + 16 League Points
  • edited June 2012
    had a good day today :) im smiling ahd rooney 1-0 28/1 had a quid on that and cashed in £250 gtd tourney :)  SwineFlu 56000 1 £125 + 20 League Points IDONKCALLU 0 2 £75 + 16 League Points
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Well done lad.Pleased for you:)
  • edited June 2012
    thanks  m8 on abit of a run lately deposited £20 last wednesday spun it up to over £200 :) 
  • edited June 2012
    Lol m8.Nice one.Was gonna say needed cheerin up.Have been hit for 30 notes today on the heads ups.Just one of those days when gettin beat when ahead and behind.HOWEVER!!This is the big 1 here.Weeman deffo 100% said his 1st words today(been a very long time comin I might add)Einstein he aint at the mo lol but very happy about todays events :))Will be sure to follow up on your pm man. Cheers  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

Glad to hear it Paul!!  The speech therapy will bring him along nicely.  There will be no stopping him now!  My wee man shocked me the other day, we were sitting in a waiting room about to go in for an appointment when he picked up an orange crayon and clear as a bell said orange!!  He has also started counting to 4.  It's the things like that that really brighten up your whole day :D

Lisa
  • edited June 2012
    Lol m8.Nice one.Was gonna say needed cheerin up.Have been hit for 30 notes today on the heads ups.Just one of those days when gettin beat when ahead and behind.HOWEVER!!This is the big 1 here.Weeman deffo 100% said his 1st words today(been a very long time comin I might add)Einstein he aint at the mo lol but very happy about todays events :))Will be sure to follow up on your pm man. Cheers  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

That's Brilliant news...  What did he say, What did he say ;o)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : That's Brilliant news...  What did he say, What did he say ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    raise dad

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : That's Brilliant news...  What did he say, What did he say ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Hi jock. No ground breakin literary guff!lol.Deffo car and garden.Well chuffed m8 :))
    This time next week it'll be the works of shakespeare!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : raise dad
    Posted by aussie09
    LOL.More like stop callin everythin.ha

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Glad to hear it Paul!!  The speech therapy will bring him along nicely.  There will be no stopping him now!  My wee man shocked me the other day, we were sitting in a waiting room about to go in for an appointment when he picked up an orange crayon and clear as a bell said orange!!  He has also started counting to 4.  It's the things like that that really brighten up your whole day :D Lisa
    Posted by lisar83
    Nice one lisa.Gonna be fun from now on I think.Have to watch the swearin from now on!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Nice one lisa.Gonna be fun from now on I think.Have to watch the swearin from now on!
    Posted by bignoise10
    so very true!!!

best wishes and have fun
  • edited June 2012
    Folks.Since this thread started my missus has noticed a dramatic improvement in my attitude towards not only losin games but in general also.Now she was sceptical at the start about me sharin personal details about our weeman,but only recently she has sat down and really read everyones story and took it on board that we're not to bad off really re the weeman.Back to my attitude,being a Liverpool fan she has been used to seeing me get down more than once or twice over the course of a season!!She is mightily impressed by the change and can now understand herself that thre are others in our position just as worried as she is.I'm just takin this opportunity to thank all those that have contributed with their stories and helpful suggestions.Without them we wouldnt realise that their are so many decent folk out there and our weeman is not alone in terms of whatever may be up with him.
    Cheers and be good.
    Paul
  • edited July 2012
    Folks.Since this thread started my missus has noticed a dramatic improvement in my attitude towards not only losin games but in general also.Now she was sceptical at the start about me sharin personal details about our weeman,but only recently she has sat down and really read everyones story and took it on board that we're not to bad off really re the weeman.Back to my attitude,being a Liverpool fan she has been used to seeing me get down more than once or twice over the course of a season!!She is mightily impressed by the change and can now understand herself that thre are others in our position just as worried as she is.I'm just takin this opportunity to thank all those that have contributed with their stories and helpful suggestions.Without them we wouldnt realise that their are so many decent folk out there and our weeman is not alone in terms of whatever may be up with him. Cheers and be good. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Great mate!!

In Life, Sport, Poker.....there are many things that we have no control of, this can be frustrating, sometimes dis-heartening......BUT.....

......What WE HAVE CONTROL OF OURSELVES....is..
    ....  OUR ATTITUDE, when we wake every morning!!

It can be hard, sometimes near impossible, BUT IF YOU CAN ATTACK SITUATIONS & Life with a positive mental attitude, YOU WILL BE Amazed at the turn-around...

I Hope YOU have discovered this Paul!!

Glad things are looking up!!

here's to weeman saying his first......

"Jam it in their eye Dad"!!

LOL!!
  • edited June 2012
    Folks.Since this thread started my missus has noticed a dramatic improvement in my attitude towards not only losin games but in general also.Now she was sceptical at the start about me sharin personal details about our weeman,but only recently she has sat down and really read everyones story and took it on board that we're not to bad off really re the weeman.Back to my attitude,being a Liverpool fan she has been used to seeing me get down more than once or twice over the course of a season!!She is mightily impressed by the change and can now understand herself that thre are others in our position just as worried as she is.I'm just takin this opportunity to thank all those that have contributed with their stories and helpful suggestions.Without them we wouldnt realise that their are so many decent folk out there and our weeman is not alone in terms of whatever may be up with him. Cheers and be good. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

WHAT!!!!

Try being a FULHAM FAN FOR 40 years!!!

LOL!!
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Bignoise, good to hear the weeman is speaking some words.I think what you are learning is that disability redefines what you think of as "success". I always say one man's boring normality is a dream come true for another person. I know this first hand as I have cerebral palsy and have poor control over my arms, legs and mouth. I have recently acquired an outdoor powered wheelchair and in my late 40s I can take myself off for a walk (well a drive!) all by myself for the first time. I am loving the independence and freedom it is giving me but for anyone else a vehicle that only did 6 mph would be very frustrating!

My challenges have been very different from those your son faces so I cannot give you much advice however what I would say is that the medical people will always give you the worst case scenario because they'll not want to get your hopes up however with persistance and determination amazing things can happen.

The "experts" said I'd probably never get a job (even though as child I learnt to type with my feet and was educated to HND level)... and if I did find employment, I'd have to work from home (I hated the idea of working from home, stuck in my study with no social contact). I have been in employment since 1989 and have a good job with IBM. For the first 12 months I DID have to work from home but in 1990 I began going into the office one day a week and before long, as my colleagues got used to me, I was working in the office on a fulltime basis. I made many friends through work and have had some wonderful nights out with them

But like I say, we are all on a different journey chasing our own dreams
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Bignoise, good to hear the weeman is speaking some words.I think what you are learning is that disability redefines what you think of as "success". I always say one man's boring normality is a dream come true for another person. I know this first hand as I have cerebral palsy and have poor control over my arms, legs and mouth. I have recently acquired an outdoor powered wheelchair and in my late 40s I can take myself off for a walk (well a drive!) all by myself for the first time. I am loving the independence and freedom it is giving me but for anyone else a vehicle that only did 6 mph would be very frustrating! My challenges have been very different from those your son faces so I cannot give you much advice however what I would say is that the medical people will always give you the worst case scenario because they'll not want to get your hopes up however with persistance and determination amazing things can happen. The "experts" said I'd probably never get a job (even though as child I learnt to type with my feet and was educated to HND level)... and if I did find employment, I'd have to work from home (I hated the idea of working from home, stuck in my study with no social contact). I have been in employment since 1989 and have a good job with IBM. For the first 12 months I DID have to work from home but in 1990 I began going into the office one day a week and before long, as my colleagues got used to me, I was working in the office on a fulltime basis. I made many friends through work and have had some wonderful nights out with them But like I say, we are all on a different journey chasing our own dreams
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    great stuff, great ID too.  have you considered attending an SPT event?

• edited June 2012
    aussie, i can't play live!!!! I can't pick the cards up. I have played with my family with someone holding my cards infront of me but with my poor muscle control I bounce up and down and give off reads all over the place. lol

Did you mean just come up for the craic? I thought it might be frustrating not being involved
  • edited June 2012
    aussie, i can't play live!!!! I can't pick the cards up. I have played with my family with someone holding my cards infront of me but with my poor muscle control I bounce up and down and give off reads all over the place. lol Did you mean just come up for the craic? I thought it might be frustrating not being involved
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    hi quickfeet.  i considered whether playing live would be possible and how feasible this might be given suitable support.  i considered the fun of just being at an spt would be something you might value without necessarily playing.  i thought that the side events might be great fun and where tells are common place given the light hearted nature of the event.  if you want to play the side event on the friday before the spt in nottingham in september i will, if allowed, not enter myself and act as your support instead.  everything is possible.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : hi quickfeet.  i considered whether playing live would be possible and how feasible this might be given suitable support.  i considered that fun of being at an spt would be something you might value without necessarily playing.  i thought that the side events might be great fun and where tells are common place given the light hearted nature of the event.  if you want to play the side event on the friday before the spt in nottingham in september i will, if allowed, not enter myself and act as your support instead.  everything is possible.
    Posted by aussie09
    Nice gesture!  @Quickfeet (Great name BTW!) I'm pretty sure your "tells" would/could be hard to read given the nature of the side-events! ;-)   What do you play on-line? 
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Bignoise, good to hear the weeman is speaking some words.I think what you are learning is that disability redefines what you think of as "success". I always say one man's boring normality is a dream come true for another person. I know this first hand as I have cerebral palsy and have poor control over my arms, legs and mouth. I have recently acquired an outdoor powered wheelchair and in my late 40s I can take myself off for a walk (well a drive!) all by myself for the first time. I am loving the independence and freedom it is giving me but for anyone else a vehicle that only did 6 mph would be very frustrating! My challenges have been very different from those your son faces so I cannot give you much advice however what I would say is that the medical people will always give you the worst case scenario because they'll not want to get your hopes up however with persistance and determination amazing things can happen. The "experts" said I'd probably never get a job (even though as child I learnt to type with my feet and was educated to HND level)... and if I did find employment, I'd have to work from home (I hated the idea of working from home, stuck in my study with no social contact). I have been in employment since 1989 and have a good job with IBM. For the first 12 months I DID have to work from home but in 1990 I began going into the office one day a week and before long, as my colleagues got used to me, I was working in the office on a fulltime basis. I made many friends through work and have had some wonderful nights out with them But like I say, we are all on a different journey chasing our own dreams
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    am inspired!!!

GL!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : hi quickfeet.  i considered whether playing live would be possible and how feasible this might be given suitable support.  i considered the fun of just being at an spt would be something you might value without necessarily playing.  i thought that the side events might be great fun and where tells are common place given the light hearted nature of the event.  if you want to play the side event on the friday before the spt in nottingham in september i will, if allowed, not enter myself and act as your support instead.  everything is possible.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Great idea Aussie!!

I would love to help, and sure most of Sqauddies would as well!!

When i started playing pub poker about 3/4 yeras ago with Apple, there was a lad about my age, from Brighton or Basingstoke I think,  that generation, who hadno hands/forearms, thalidomide victim am sure,  he said!! Anyway they were self-deal tournies and he shuflled & dealt better than most of us, was amazing!!

My gang had a few beers with him & his mate at at couple of season tournies, then at one, before the tournie started, we were playing darts, he come's up and says....

"I'll play the winner"..

There were a few funny looks at each other, But we said " Course no prob, join in"!

We all bit shocked, & usual crack of "...ok for a pint  or fiver".... etc!!

Any way he proceeded to wipe the floor with us!!!!  LOLOLOL!!!!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, WITH THE RIGHT FOCUS & ATTITUDE!!!
  • edited June 2012
    @aussie thanks. I'll think about that. Nottingham is some distance from where I live. I'll see how I could get over there. Someone - probably my cousin - would have to come with me as it would be a overnight stay so they could hold my cards if allowed.  (Just imagine how it would be if they saw my cards and THEY gave a tell!!!!! lol) Not sure how it would go, if I really have to sit still eg for a photo, I end up break dancing and giggling nervously....... my body does the opposite of what I tell it

@Glenenlg I play mostly sNg's. I quite enjoy high stakes HU sNg's even though I am probably out of my depth at that level lol. My BRM is rubbish but I enjoy myself and manage to avoid losing more than I can afford. (I am ahead this month for a change). I just like to play for an hour each evening although in 2010 I won the Friday night main event when it was a Deepstack. I had been on a terrible run but that night I hit everything. I am no fan of ReBuys and Bounty Hunters (ReBuys especially) so don't often bother with the Main Events now (they finish too late on weekdays) but understand how they make financial sense for Sky

@Hitman yes, there was a thallidamide guy at school. He had a proper racing go kart adapted to foot controls, I remember him power sliding it across our playground
  • edited June 2012
    Posted by QUICKFEET
    Excellent post m8.Very true what you are sayin,the simple things that the weeman does these days are a joy.Like tryin to copy what I do or say(obviously not sayin exact words but you kn ow what I mean hopefully).You're obviously glass half full person and hope you continue to be so.
    Cheers 
    Paul