You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    so many great stories of real life! inspiration everywhere.
    good luck to everyone, stay well and have fun.
  • edited June 2012
    Glad every1 is in high spirits. Not been posting on ere as I've relaxing for the past 8 days basking in 110f heat in turkey. Although am nice and brown, I'm starting to peel already.(bad beat I guess lol). Anyways although I,m on holiday I'm thinking of big noise so though I'd post a thread just to say well done and don't let the simple things get you down. Have fun at thetables Nigel xx
  • edited June 2012
    Real life Bump!!

Hope All are well!!

& well done to Tony for his 12th in Vegas!!
  • edited June 2012
    Just taken time to read through this thread. I am often dubious about reading the threads on here with a couple of hundred posts can i be bothered to scan through all that to get to the point. This time it was a case of once you read the 1st post you can't stop! Its overwelming how strong some of the community are on here in regards to their attitude to life considering the cards life has dealt them. I honestly don't think i would cope half aswell as many here. I have a habit of running away/ignoring the comparitably small problems i have had in my life and am in awe of many of you. Thank you for the jolt this thread has given me to put things in perspective, and to see many so many people offering their 2 pence and support is amazing.

I would also like to add i think quickfeet possibly has THE best name on the site
  • edited June 2012
    Hi all.Still good to see posts coming in praising other folk for tellin their stories.Had to take my own advice tonight regardin the bad beats.Lost so many hypers tonight on the river when ahead it was teeth gnashin time lol.The saving grace was havin Italy in the work sweepstake :)).Seriously though we are back now to multiple sessions re the weemans speech therapy and the progress in the last few weeks has been immense.This has been a source of big smiles in the household and the idea of losin a few notes tonight didnt seem so bad after all :).Hope this is still a source of interest to you all out there and hers to runnin better over the weekend.
    Be good 
    Paul
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life!:
    Hi all.Still good to see posts coming in praising other folk for tellin their stories.Had to take my own advice tonight regardin the bad beats.Lost so many hypers tonight on the river when ahead it was teeth gnashin time lol.The saving grace was havin Italy in the work sweepstake :)).Seriously though we are back now to multiple sessions re the weemans speech therapy and the progress in the last few weeks has been immense.This has been a source of big smiles in the household and the idea of losin a few notes tonight didnt seem so bad after all :).Hope this is still a source of interest to you all out there and hers to runnin better over the weekend. Be good  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    my friend, if we weren't interested there would be no posts...lol.
    keep the smiles going.
    best wishes
    laurie
  • edited June 2012
    Hi all.Still good to see posts coming in praising other folk for tellin their stories.Had to take my own advice tonight regardin the bad beats.Lost so many hypers tonight on the river when ahead it was teeth gnashin time lol.The saving grace was havin Italy in the work sweepstake :)).Seriously though we are back now to multiple sessions re the weemans speech therapy and the progress in the last few weeks has been immense.This has been a source of big smiles in the household and the idea of losin a few notes tonight didnt seem so bad after all :).Hope this is still a source of interest to you all out there and hers to runnin better over the weekend. Be good  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

Glad to hear it! Yes, this is still a great source of interest to me at least, it's always good to hear how families in a similar situation are getting on.  Is he enjoying the speech therapy? That's my wee man finished nursery now, we're going to enjoy the break before starting special school in aug.....really looking forward to our next big step!
  • edited July 2012
    sorry needs a bump!
  • edited July 2012
    Hi again folks.Another session of speech therapy for the weeman,didnt go as well this time because he's developed a bout of tonsilitis and is very grumpy,grrr:(((I havent been playin much since friday cos of this and even though I took a big enough hit to my br I've really missed not playin so much recently.Hopefully be back on towards the weekend after weeman is feelin better and hopefully get some of  my losses back too.:)
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Paul!!

Hope he feels better!!

It's my Birthday today, & there loads of cake about, grab weeman a slice from me!!

lol!!!
  • edited July 2012
    Hi again folks.Another session of speech therapy for the weeman,didnt go as well this time because he's developed a bout of tonsilitis and is very grumpy,grrr:(((I havent been playin much since friday cos of this and even though I took a big enough hit to my br I've really missed not playin so much recently.Hopefully be back on towards the weekend after weeman is feelin better and hopefully get some of  my losses back too.:) Cheers Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Hope he gets well soon.  Also, look on bright side....if you're not playing..you're not losing!!! ;-)

• edited July 2012
    Weemans better, I've had a glass of red(or 2) let the games commence.:)))
    C4P today as well yay.
    Run good tonight folks 
    Cheers Paul
  • edited July 2012
    Love this thread!! So nice and refreshing to see a thread like this, I admire all of the posts here, from people sharing there problems and the people who have taken time to help and offer support!
    Much love

Kalie
  • edited July 2012
    Love this thread!! So nice and refreshing to see a thread like this, I admire all of the posts here, from people sharing there problems and the people who have taken time to help and offer support! Much love Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    Much appreciated.Glad you're enjoyin it.Been a real eye opener the issues other folk have to deal with.Cards these days are a welcome side show win or lose.
    Be good and be lucky
    Paul

• edited July 2012
    Hi m8

Still reading and still supporting........keep smiling!
  • edited July 2012
    Hi m8 Still reading and still supporting........keep smiling!
    Posted by profman15
    Cheers m8.Hope alls good you're end.Might actually get to play a monday night soon!!
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited July 2012
    hi Paul,
    still following the wee mans progress,
    keep it going m8
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    great to hear things are good!
    keep it fun and enjoy.
    laurie
  • edited July 2012
    Reality Bump!!!

I Hope all posters here continue to be well & happy!! & Wee Man & All Continue to Fight & Beat the Odds & Challenges in front of Them!!

HEY, It could be worse for us ALL!!

Imagine being stuck in a bubble, moaning about Poker sites, Bad Beats & arguing on a Cyber Keyboard ALL DAY, with Cyber Enemies.......JEEEZZZZ!!!!

X
  • edited July 2012

WELL SAID DAVE

What a person believes is a "Light Hearted" comment can sometimes make another person feel terrible. Words are terrible things if not used correctly. The dangerous people are the ones who use those words with the intention to harm, belittle, upset or humiliate others. They generally use the fall-back of "I was joking" or "I never meant it that way". I am sure many people who have commented in this thread have come across such vile individuals.

Its having good people, like those in this group around you that helps to outweigh the negativity from the minority.

Its nice to see this thread back on Page 1 where it belongs.....
  • edited July 2012
    WELL SAID DAVE What a person believes is a "Light Hearted" comment can sometimes make another person feel terrible. Words are terrible things if not used correctly. The dangerous people are the ones who use those words with the intention to harm, belittle, upset or humiliate others. They generally use the fall-back of "I was joking" or "I never meant it that way". I am sure many people who have commented in this thread have come across such vile individuals. Its having good people, like those in this group around you that helps to outweigh the negativity from the minority. Its nice to see this thread back on Page 1 where it belongs.....
    Posted by MyZo
    BIG +1
  • edited July 2012
    @Paul - How was your "poker-free" night??  ;-))
  • edited July 2012
    @Paul - How was your "poker-free" night??  ;-))
    Posted by Glenelg
    OUTSTANDIN M8:))))))))))).
    Plus weeman has progressed onto slight verbalising with the speech therapist rather than his parents lol.She truly is a miracle worker.He has come outta his shell so much in the last month its ridiculous.So good to see.
    God bless the NHS ;)
    Cheers 
    Paul

• edited July 2012
    Folks.Just a wee update on the weeman and things in general.like my previous post said the speech therapy has come on leaps and bounds which is pleasing to say the least!!Have also read the curious incident as recommended by a few of the community.Very good read.Would recommend it to anyone looking to understand indifference.From a poker point of view,need to get back to the grind as I've took quite a hit recently.Have took inspiratiion  from devonfish's thread as he has built up from a small stack and is goin good.Hope the reports on the weeman continue to be of a good vibe and hope you all continue to enjoy the updates.
    Cheers and thx for reading
    Paul
  • edited July 2012
    hi Paul,
    nice to hear thee wee man is doing well.
    ty 4 my mention.
    hope things on the poker front improve 4u m8.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    Mornin folks.No real changes of note since my last post,just updating a few wee things that might be of interest.Weeman has decided that watchin the screen as I play poker is now the most excitin thing to happen since sweets were invented lol.More speech therapy ahead in the next few weeks,so hopin for more progress with  that.Also more progress needed at the table.Just cant seem to get it goin since I almost bust my br a few weeks back.Been treadin water for a while now tryin different games.Like playin the hypers but the variance is such a killer at that speed.Think tis gonna have to be dyms for a wee while to see where I,m  goin with this.But,tis not the end of the world either way.Just load up and start again.More positive updates to come hopefully.
    Cheers.
    Paul
  • edited July 2012
    Mornin folks.No real changes of note since my last post,just updating a few wee things that might be of interest  is now the most excitin thing to happen since sweets were invented lol.More speech therapy ahead in the next few weeks,so hopin for more progress with  that.Also more progress needed at the table.Just cant seem to get it goin since I almost bust my br a few weeks back..More positive updates to come hopefully. Cheers. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    You do realise it won't be long before you're saying "Shhhhh Weeman! Dads trying to play poker here!"

• edited July 2012
    Hope the weeman's first words are "Oh I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop".....

Good luck with everything

YNWA
  • edited July 2012
    hi paul.
    great things are well with the wee man. no probs with him watching his dad on the tables, just watch out for his teling you what you did wrong ;)

keep enjoying and best wishes.
  • edited July 2012
    Hope the weeman's first words are "Oh I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop"..... Good luck with everything YNWA
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Absolutely my friend.Weeman will be force fed liverpool till he likes it lol.Silent or not hes a kopite!In Brendan we trust my man.
    Cheers
    Paul