You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life!:
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Absolutely my friend.Weeman will be force fed liverpool till he likes it lol.Silent or not hes a kopite!In Brendan we trust my man. Cheers Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    lucky you don't hail from Exmouth Paul,or the wee man would be coming out with stuff like.....
    "Come on you Town...ooooh arrrr."
    lol
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    Hi folks.Havent been on in quite a while due to various factors revolving around the weeman.He was quite ill for a wee time,but on the mend now.The speech therapy has transformed him even with him being sick.He's up to 9 words from zero 2 months ago!Poker wise,it continues to be a grind with results so bad.Need to keep drummin it in that it will change for the better.The screen seems to still entertain the weeman while im playin so at least i can have someone watch me lose at the moment lol.
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited July 2012

"....The speech therapy has transformed him even with him being sick.He's up to 9 words from zero 2 months ago....."

He is my hero - that's just wonderful!

xx
  • edited July 2012
    Hi folks.Havent been on in quite a while due to various factors revolving around the weeman.He was quite ill for a wee time,but on the mend now.The speech therapy has transformed him even with him being sick.He's up to 9 words from zero 2 months ago!Poker wise,it continues to be a grind with results so bad.Need to keep drummin it in that it will change for the better.The screen seems to still entertain the weeman while im playin so at least i can have someone watch me lose at the moment lol. Cheers Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

That's Brilliant news Paul.  If it's a personal thing ignore this , but what are the 9 words he's speaking now.... The first three better not be.. Call, Raise, Fold   ;o)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : That's Brilliant news Paul.  If it's a personal thing ignore this , but what are the 9 words he's speaking now.... The first three better not be.. Call, Raise, Fold   ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Not a personal thing at all m8.Nothing as bad as call though!CAR,GARDEN,KEYS,DOG,BAD,JUICE,BICCY,FALL,UP and UP.Not any sentences yet,but its a start and it makes my wife  smile which is good news all round:).
    Thanks for askin
    Paul
  • edited July 2012

Litttle steps soon lead to big steps.

That's a grand start, & Mum & you must both be thrilled to bits.

• edited July 2012
    Litttle steps soon lead to big steps. That's a grand start, & Mum & you must both be thrilled to bits.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thrilled to bits every day I see the weeman Tikay.That'll never change.Headin in the right direction.:)))
  • edited July 2012
    Hi folks.Havent been on in quite a while due to various factors revolving around the weeman.He was quite ill for a wee time,but on the mend now.The speech therapy has transformed him even with him being sick.He's up to 9 words from zero 2 months ago!Poker wise,it continues to be a grind with results so bad.Need to keep drummin it in that it will change for the better.The screen seems to still entertain the weeman while im playin so at least i can have someone watch me lose at the moment lol. Cheers Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

Great news Paul!  Glad to hear he's on the mend as well.  FWIW I've got a grumpy teenager and he only knows TWO words!  "Eh" & "Uh"!  Well thats the only two I've heard him say in about a year!  ;-))
    Pad
  • edited July 2012
    not been on for a while congrats thats excellent news pal things like that money cannot buy :)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Great news Paul!  Glad to hear he's on the mend as well.  FWIW I've got a grumpy teenager and he only knows TWO words!  "Eh" & "Uh"!  Well thats the only two I've heard him say in about a year!  ;-)) Pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Lol.Nice 1 m8.
  • edited July 2012
    not been on for a while congrats thats excellent news pal things like that money cannot buy :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Too true m8.Hope things are lookin up for you also.Dont get too down bout silly stuff,aint worth it in the long run.
    Cheers 
    Paul

• edited July 2012
    yeah they are thanks m8 :)
  • edited July 2012
    hi Paul,
    great news 4 the wee man,
    best wishes,
    (*  *)
       ^
    ian
  • edited July 2012
    Excellent news on the speech progress, although I half expected the 9 words to be "How could you call me with that poor hand?" :)
  • edited July 2012
    am expecting the next words to be TILT,RAISE,BUBBLE,FOLD,CALL paul.
    Glad the weeman is doing so well

Nigel
  • edited July 2012
    am expecting the next words to be TILT,RAISE,BUBBLE,FOLD,CALL paul. Glad the weeman is doing so well Nigel
    Posted by chopos180
    Ha!Probably the way I'm playin at the mo.More sessions yesterday.Really impressive progress accordin to the speech therapist.Have now got to double figures re words learnt.Most recent has been pippin(a dog on telly).Not a word per say,but when it comes on cbeebies he knows what to call it.That'll do for me lol.If only my poker could progress as well :))
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    hi paul, great news about the weeman. on the up!

keep well
    laurie
  • edited August 2012
    Hi all.Been a while since I last updated,so here goes.We're comin to the end of the weemans 1st block of speech therapy sessions and like I have posted previously,remarkable progress has been made.A different child from my 1st post on this topic.So many words its now its difficult to see what my wife and I were doin wrong to begin with compared with the therapist,but anyway such a different child now its amazin.With regards to the possible autism situation,we are no nearer knowing due to waiting lists and various tests etc,so thats frustrating.I have actually this week printed this thread out and sort of made it into a wee book of sorts.Read through it last night and it was weird going over all the stories other posters had to offer and the well wishers posts which truth be told brought a wee tear or two to the missus' eyes.So thats it really just another wee update and thanks again for all the wonderful contributions to this thread.Really has been a joy goin through it again.
    Also as this is a poker forum I better add that my play still sucks at the mo lol!!
    Will be on tonight to try again.
    Best wishes
    Paul
  • edited August 2012

Do try & keep the thread going with those updates, Paul. Everywhere I go, in "real life", people mention it to me.  
  • edited August 2012
    Nice update Paul. 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Absolutely my friend.Weeman will be force fed liverpool till he likes it lol.Silent or not hes a kopite!In Brendan we trust my man. Cheers Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

Hi Big'

Nice to see things are going well but please, feeding the little one on Liverpool and the Spion Kop....c'mon, it must be Everton. You don't want the wee man tearful ALL the time do you?
    Keep the smile on the family's face mate. As socrates said "Live life as play..." Best wishes....hope to see you at the tables on a monday sometime...
  • edited August 2012
    Hey bignoise10, keep the faith.  In Brendan we trust.  Both my girls are being brought up as Liverpool fans.  I hope the weeman keeps improving at this speed.  If you can get to the SPT final it would be great to see you and I'm sure there are a few peoplewho would get you a pint!

Take care and run better
  • edited August 2012
    TY For updates Paul!!

Am sure we are ALL inspired & supportive of this continued story!!

ANYTHING CAN BE ACHIEVED!!..........for Instance.....

Q,  HOW COULD WEEMAN EAT A LARGE ELEPHANT?

A,  EASY....................

• edited August 2012

...........With Patience, AND LOTS AND LOTS OF VERY SMALL BITES!!!!

SEE!!  Believe!!
  • edited August 2012
    Don't forget the brown sauce.  Elephant tastes so much better with brown sauce.  If it was Giraffe then you need red but deffo brown for an elephant :)
  • edited August 2012
    Cheers for responses guys.Still means a lot readin supportive messages.Re the elephant thing,weemans a greedy wee ****,so its highly likely he'd tackle it.Though chocolate spread would be the topping of choice lol!!Play well tonight folks and hopefully my game will go the same direction as the weemans progress.
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    Hope so too Paul.  keep running well on and off the tables and YNWA
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Real life! : Hi Big' Nice to see things are going well but please, feeding the little one on Liverpool and the Spion Kop....c'mon, it must be Everton. You don't want the wee man tearful ALL the time do you? Keep the smile on the family's face mate. As socrates said "Live life as play..." Best wishes....hope to see you at the tables on a monday sometime...
    Posted by profman15
    M8 as much as the weemans progress is givin our family a boost, I may have to disown him if he went all bluenose on me lol!!I fully expect the fields of anfield road to be his next words ha.
    Be good m8
    Cheers 
    Paul

• edited August 2012
    Hi Paul

Love reading about your wee mans progress! So nice to see something positive on this forum.  Try not to get yourself too frustrated about the lack of autism diagnosis, I'm still waiting for answers a year later.  I used to let it frustrate me but now I realise that as soon as the professionals know I'll know!!

Good luck at the tables :)

Lisa