You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Glad to hear he's back at home and on the mend mate, and congrats on taking down the bounty hunter.

All the best
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.Whats important.:
    Glad to hear he's back at home and on the mend mate, and congrats on taking down the bounty hunter. All the best
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks man.Hope alls well you're end.
    Paul
  • edited April 2013
    Hey all.As the title suggests,this I feel should be the end of this section in this diary.The weeman has developed into the person the missus and I wanted him to be.The battery of tests and examinations he went through all that time back just to prove he was always grand(as I always knew anyway lol) seem so worthwhile  ;)).Its been a bit up and down since the good news about his" issues".He's been in hospital after taking quite ill(ok now),has done what all youngsters do and fell,face first,makin his pretty features not so pretty atm  ;((.Poker wise,this time last year I was happy ploddin along,winnin a few quid here and there,but takin inspiration from a few sources,includin some diaries on this forum,I devoloped a change in my game and the result was 2 1sts in a week in bounty hunters!!Made nearly £300 out of it,so not to shabby.Has been a while,but really enjoyin my poker these days(need to stop goin to the russian roulettes when I'm bored tho).So to sum up,I probably wont update too much more on this diary until the weemans education kicks into full swing.Its been a pleasure sharin my ups and downs with you all,and I hope you all enjoyed readin it.Would like to take this chance to give a big thanks to ian(aka devonfish).He's been a big supporter of this thread,as have a lot of others,but him especially.Have had a couple of glasses of the old red and alls good!!
    Cheers all
    Paul
  • edited April 2013
    Best of luck to you all mate
  • edited April 2013

Hi Paul,
    please keep the odd up-date going mate,as this has always been a great thread to read,and an inspiration for many i'm sure,myself included.
    whenever we get those bad beats and moaned about losing a few quid,you only had to come here and read your wonderful story and suddenly they didn't seem so bad after all.
    you know i'm a fan and appreciate the shout out.reading your 'wee mans' story helped me many a time last year,especially when i was having a bad day's poker,notably during my dym challenge.
    it was also a factor with my decision on giving my nephew 1/2 my winnings,so thank you for that Paul.
    all the best for now mate,hope to hear from you soon.
    best wishes to yourself the misses and of course the 'wee man'
    oh,not forgetting the poker...keep taking them bounties.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited April 2013
    Good luck for the future
  • edited June 2013
    Hey folks.Been a while since I last posted so here goes.The weeman has joined a playgroup which enhances his "requirements".Those not familiar with the weemans story at this point,please have a wee gander at the start of this thread lol.He starts proper school in september!!A huge stepping stone for the missus and me because tbh,when I 1st started this thread the weeman was a long way away from any form of "normal" education.Its been surreal to say the least.If you all were to see a vid of him chattin away now it would be mind bllowin compared to his situation a year ago.Huge thanks to his speech therepists on that score :))Poker wise its been good.I feel Ive turned the corner tourney wise and can hold my own in the low stakes variations.Have won a few bounty hunters for a nice wee profit and the heads up play still just plods along.Probably need to knuckle down at that.Fancy myself as a hu player in the future.Take note benc lol.So this was just a wee update and hope all is well your end peeps.
    Be good.
    Paul.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.The diaries end!!:
    t.If you all were to see a vid of him chattin away now it would be mind bllowin compared to his situation a year ago.Huge thanks to his speech therepists on that score :)).Fancy myself as a hu player in the future.Take note benc lol.So this was just a wee update and hope all is well your end peeps. Be good. Paul.
    Posted by bignoise10
    Good to hear mate, look foward to possibly seeing you at some hu tables soon.
  • edited June 2013
    hi Paul,

glad to hear how well the 'wee man's' doing.great news.

re the poker,good news there too..
    bet you got that benc fella worried.  lol
    if you fancy a change and some 'easy money' come and find me on a nl10 table sometime.  lol

gl mate
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2013
    Hey all!! Been quite a while since I posted last.Hope some of the future posts have some interest for you.Really just gettin back into the game after a wee break of sorts.This was in no way results orientated,as I had probably my best run of results in bhs up to the point of me knockin it on the head for a while with 3 wins in a short space of time.However this is not about the game this time.As most of you are aware,this was started off the back of my kids possible future issues re his autism or not autism as it has been henceforth declared to me and the missus. I promised to update again when the weeman was ready to start the second phase of his journey,and so it becomes.At the end of this month,the little man we thought was destined for umpteen therapy sessions and countless speech therapy appointments,will don his uniform and start a proper school.How f*****g cool is that?He will have mates,will mix with others,generally be excited about life in general.Those of you who followed this since day 1 will understand how this means more than anything to my family and myself.Whatever tthe outcome would've been with the weeman,would not have mattered in the slightest.After all,if you cant appreciate your kids,what good are you as a person?Now,I am on the tables tonight and deffo the worse for wear.But so the*$#k what!Tonight,bignoise10 really lets go,enjoys the game and whatever the outcome I wake up tomorrow a happy dad.Apologies if this seems too borin,but you know what?I am extremely drunk,and(see below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY

Lol.BE GOOD ALL.
    Paul
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.Finally,progress.:
    Hey all!! Been quite a while since I posted last.Hope some of the future posts have some interest for you.Really just gettin back into the game after a wee break of sorts.This was in no way results orientated,as I had probably my best run of results in bhs up to the point of me knockin it on the head for a while with 3 wins in a short space of time.However this is not about the game this time.As most of you are aware,this was started off the back of my kids possible future issues re his autism or not autism as it has been henceforth declared to me and the missus. I promised to update again when the weeman was ready to start the second phase of his journey,and so it becomes.At the end of this month,the little man we thought was destined for umpteen therapy sessions and countless speech therapy appointments,will don his uniform and start a proper school.How f*****g cool is that?He will have mates,will mix with others,generally be excited about life in general.Those of you who followed this since day 1 will understand how this means more than anything to my family and myself.Whatever tthe outcome would've been with the weeman,would not have mattered in the slightest.After all,if you cant appreciate your kids,what good are you as a person?Now,I am on the tables tonight and deffo the worse for wear.But so the*$#k what!Tonight,bignoise10 really lets go,enjoys the game and whatever the outcome I wake up tomorrow a happy dad.Apologies if this seems too borin,but you know what?I am extremely drunk,and(see below) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY Lol.BE GOOD ALL. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10

well done Weeman, Paul & Family!!!
  • edited August 2013
    Hey all!! Been quite a while since I posted last.Hope some of the future posts have some interest for you.Really just gettin back into the game after a wee break of sorts.This was in no way results orientated,as I had probably my best run of results in bhs up to the point of me knockin it on the head for a while with 3 wins in a short space of time.However this is not about the game this time.As most of you are aware,this was started off the back of my kids possible future issues re his autism or not autism as it has been henceforth declared to me and the missus. I promised to update again when the weeman was ready to start the second phase of his journey,and so it becomes.At the end of this month,the little man we thought was destined for umpteen therapy sessions and countless speech therapy appointments,will don his uniform and start a proper school.How f*****g cool is that?He will have mates,will mix with others,generally be excited about life in general.Those of you who followed this since day 1 will understand how this means more than anything to my family and myself.Whatever tthe outcome would've been with the weeman,would not have mattered in the slightest.After all,if you cant appreciate your kids,what good are you as a person?Now,I am on the tables tonight and deffo the worse for wear.But so the*$#k what!Tonight,bignoise10 really lets go,enjoys the game and whatever the outcome I wake up tomorrow a happy dad.Apologies if this seems too borin,but you know what?I am extremely drunk,and(see below) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY Lol.BE GOOD ALL. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    I know a little bit about autism there are a lot of helpfully groups around on f,book and various sites they realy can help you along the way. We had to battle for the way we wanted things and it was hard for a long time. Gl fella
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by bignoise10
    Cheers m8,
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.Finally,progress. : I know a little bit about autism there are a lot of helpfully groups around on f,book and various sites they realy can help you along the way. We had to battle for the way we wanted things and it was hard for a long time. Gl fella
    Posted by rosjim1
    Nice 1 pal.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited August 2013

Hey all.Been quite a while since I last posted.But since I joined this site a couple of years ago and began this thread,this has been the day I have always looked forward to .For in the picture above,the "weeman" has had his 1st day at school.Tremendously proud day for the missus and myself as this is the picture that may not have been.So glad to have finally put to bed the challenges we have faced involving almost round the clock visits to various professionals to determine what may have been "wrong" with the weeman.Today has seen the culmination in all our hard work to have this cheery little'un have his 1st day at school.Over the last wee while,i've been letting my poker take a back seat and not overly enjoying it.But as from now,things change.Like I say in the updated title.Best day ever!!
    Thanks to all those who contributed to this story.Really meant a lot.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
    Cheers 
    Paul
    Edit.Would appear a pic of the weeman in his uniform is not suitable to show!!!!
    Ah well.
  • edited August 2013
    really happy for you & the family Paul..

onwards & upwards x

:)
    dev
  • edited August 2013
    very happy for you and your family,best wishes i send to you and lot,s of xxxxxx to the weeman,regards paige
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers Dev n Paige.Appreciate the comments.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited September 2013
    How do all?Like I said in my previous post,life has been pretty darn good.The weeman has taken to school like a duck to water and that has been most pleasing.But I had hoped to put a wee bit about in this thread about my good self.I think anyone who has read this will be in no doubt that family comes numero uno in my life,Having being a losing poKer player most of my life,I tried to knuckle down and get positive results.Alas for a while it was not to be,so I lost the rag all the time when things didnt go my way,eg (how did that kq beat my aq,etc etc etc).Then I got sidetracked  by my kids issues.Thankfully,as has been  well documented previouslly,the potential  pitfalls that awaited my family never came to be.(Thank f##k).Now I have just won a tourney minutes after writing this.Woop woop!!!!the thing is,I would have been writing this either way.I'm not the est poker player,but I can hold my own when I can be bothered to concentrate,which is very rarely.Patience is a virtue they say,not in my case.Personally,I think I am capable of being sucessfull if I can cut out the silly mistakes.Big if,I know
    My previous life before online poker unfortunately revolved around  poker/fruit machines.I lost the lot back then and I mean the lot.If it wasnt for my now family I would be a non existent human being with nowt to offer.The thing about the situation I find myself in now is that I can play the game,lose and feel good about myself when I wake up.Win,and its all good.I can still be a grumpy so and so,but I really am a nice guy(honestlly).So I will say once again,thanks for readin,apologies for a very long post,and be good all,
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited October 2013
    HOWS IT GOIN PEEPS?Been a whilesince I posted,sohere goes.I've been reasonably successful in my game since I posted last.A few timed tourney successes minus a few failed attempts at 10 20 cash leads to an ok spell of poker.Which is way better than my usual standard of failfailfail lol!Have to say in thenot toodistant past,I,ve been taking losses way too personally.Not havin a go at my oppo I have to say,but feelin sorry  for mesel.This week however has so much hit home,its unreal.The focus of my startin this thread has always been the weemanAnd this week,we as a family ffelt so helpless as the little monster took so ill he needed help with his breathing and all due to a simple bug.When you need reality to give you a big slap across the chops and stop takin the bad times as some sort of personal vendetta against you,this weeks events sort of help!!Weeman is in good fettle now and hopefully on the mend,but you never know whats around the corner.The last wee while poker has been kind to me and seein the weeman get over his hard time has give me the get up ad go I really needed.
    Hope I aint borin  you all!!
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited October 2013
    glad ya doing gd pal i do have a read now n then hows ya son doing all good i hope :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.When real life really matters!!!:
    glad ya doing gd pal i do have a read now n then hows ya son doing all good i hope :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Hey m8,thanks for post.Weemans nearly outa the woods.Much brighter than a week ago.Makes for a relaxin weekend,thankfully.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited December 2013
    Hey folks!!Tis the season and all that,so I thought I'd put up a wee post with how things have progressed both personally and poker wise.The weeman has settled in to schooling much better tyhan my missus or myself could ever have hoped for.It seems all our worries were misguided and hes become something I never thought I'd see.Making friends,having a social existence etc.Brilliant :))
    As for the poker side of things,the game which used to cause me so much stress,has been somewhat kind to me recently.I've won  few bhs,have cashed nicely in other things and my all round game haas improved outa sight,(by my own previously poor standards though).That is that really,just keepin this fresh and updatin.Family life is so good atm and with old saint nic comin tonight and copious amounts of red wine to be had,it surely will ne a merry crimbo!!
    Have a good one all.
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Paul

Brilliant that everythings went so well since your son started school.

Brilliant the poker is going well. What's the plans for poker next year?

Have a great Christmas
  • edited December 2013
    merry xmas to u and family have a good 1 pal
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.Havin a really merry crimbo!!!:
    Hey Paul Brilliant that everythings went so well since your son started school. Brilliant the poker is going well. What's the plans for poker next year? Have a great Christmas
    Posted by LARSON7
    Thanks m8.No real plans poker wise what with never knowing family situations etc.Would love to get to an spt and maybe just progress with my game like I am atm.
    Have an enjoyanle crimbo.
    Cheers
    Paul

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Real life.Havin a really merry crimbo!!!:
    merry xmas to u and family have a good 1 pal
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Cheers bud,try and have a good un yourself.
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited December 2013
    i try m8 not had a drink in 3 months but might have a few over xmas
  • edited December 2013
    Everyone!!I am totally full of the xmass cheer,aka vino,and would love to give you all the best xmas wishes poss.
    Love you all!! lol
    Paul
  • edited December 2013
    This is a wonderful thread