You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Real life.Hard times,they are over.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Mornin all.Been a wee while since my last post,so here goes.Since crimbo things at home have been very stressful to say the least.The weeman still has his therapy sessions for one thing or another and on top of that we had the scary time of him not being able to catch his breath and getting him to the hospital quick smart to get on a nebulizer.Thankfully he was ok in the end,but now we have an asthmatic kid on top of all else.just seems he cant catch a break atm.Was really just updating cos its also his birthday on thursday and to think how much has gone on in his short life so far is amazing.
    Poker wise,its been a crackin start to the year.Won a few tourneys and my sharkscope graph has finally reached green.Yay!!Been a year or 2 tryin but I think my games improved so much due to listenin to others on the site and tryin to just do the basics well.Anyway of to my pit now.
    Be good all
  • edited February 2014
    happy birthday to the wee man tomorrow.
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers mewillows.Will certainly be tryin to make it a special one for him.Think he deserves it.
  • edited February 2014
    Apologies for this post being non poker related,but todays my weemans birthday and without him,I wouldnt have ever started this thread or had the pleasure of chatting to so many different folk on this forum.
    Thanks for continuing to read.
    Be good all
    Paul
  • edited February 2014

Happy Birthday to your lad mate. Take time today to look at his smile.....it just melts all other life 'problems' away, I find.

Hope you have a great day! Cheers.
  • edited April 2014
    Hey all.As above says,much has happened since recent posts.I seems all is not going so well with the weemans therapy sessions.As my good missus and myself thought the spectre of autism was past us,but behavioural patterns have allerted the necessary proffessionals and there is thinking hat he may be in the spectrum somewhere.Now as a whole this aint gonna be a great big issue as to how i treat my kid etc.But its a bit of a bummer considerin how well hes been doin the past wee while.Ah well c'est la vie as they say.Im only writing this up for 2 reasons.Firstly,I hope this is still of interest to some of you,and secondly,its to somewhat apologise for my bad attitude at the tables.May I point out that I dont personally give my oppo greif but recently my reactions to defeat have been somewhat shoddy.I f any of my oppos have been offended then I sincerely apologise.I will be updating more in weeks to come as the new an(improved) sessions with the weeman and his therapist start.Keep readin folks as Im sure itll be very interestin from now on in.
    Cheers 
    Paul
  • edited April 2014

Thanks for the update, Paul, & I'm sorry to hear the Little Big Man is still having a few problems.

It sometimes helps to share, so keep the updates coming.
  • edited April 2014
    Still reading Paul tho don't often post.  Sending good vibes. 
  • edited April 2014
    Life isn't fair as my dad always used to tell me.

Too true.

But for every down there is an up. You just need to be able to recognise it and enjoy it. Sure the sh*te is exactly that, it's how you react to the rest that is under your control.  Best of luck and feel free to give me as much chat abuse as you wish.
  • edited April 2014
    Hey folks.As promised,I'm updatin a wee bit on the weemans sessions.Wednesday of this week brought good news.Went with the weeman to his regular speech therapy appointment,and lo and behold at the end of the session where I normally get next weeks "homework"to practice with adam,I was told he was getting discharged from speech therapy   :))   Great news as its one less hurdle to overcome.Made all the better when the official letter came through this mornin.Got another autism assessment this week with adam,so should be interestin to see what tests are in store this time around.So a good week has been had,had a crackin bottle of red tonight and will be parked in front of the telly tomorrow with the beers cheerin on the mighty reds.24 years is long enough imo!!Oh and btw profitted to the grand tune of  6 notes tonight   lol!!
    Be good all 
    Paul
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.2 steps forward and 3 steps back(plus an apology):
    Hey folks.As promised,I'm updatin a wee bit on the weemans sessions.Wednesday of this week brought good news.Went with the weeman to his regular speech therapy appointment,and lo and behold at the end of the session where I normally get next weeks "homework"to practice with adam,I was told he was getting discharged from speech therapy   :))   Great news as its one less hurdle to overcome.Made all the better when the official letter came through this mornin.Got another autism assessment this week with adam,so should be interestin to see what tests are in store this time around.So a good week has been had,had a crackin bottle of red tonight and will be parked in front of the telly tomorrow with the beers cheerin on the mighty reds.24 years is long enough imo!!Oh and btw profitted to the grand tune of  6 notes tonight   lol!! Be good all  Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Paul,

Really like the updates, great news about Adam....but...you then ruined it by mentioning you were a Liverpool fan!

Enjoy the bottle of red, and any poker session that ends with profit is a good one!

Keep the updates flowing(mainly about little man and not the reds!)

Matt
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.2 steps forward and 3 steps back(plus an apology) : Paul, Really like the updates, great news about Adam....but...you then ruined it by mentioning you were a Liverpool fan! Enjoy the bottle of red, and any poker session that ends with profit is a good one! Keep the updates flowing(mainly about little man and not the reds!) Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE,YOU'LLL NEEEVVVVEEERRRR WALK ALONE. LOL

• edited April 2014
    When I was younger I had speech therapy for a short time. Think it was maybe when I was around 7/8, how old is your kid? My parents also later have said to me that they think I might have been on the very low/mild end of the autistic spectrum which I can certainly see with some of the traits I used to have. I turned out OK (I think :P ) and besides plenty of people even on the higher end of autism these days can turn out fine. They can also be extremely talented in some areas (I sometimes think maybe that's why I'm quite good at poker!!) - although it's usually the higher end of the autism spectrum that tend to be very gifted.

Either way it's nothing that should be seen as bad! Just embrace it, help him through it and I'm sure he'll turn out just fine!! :)
  • edited April 2014
    When I was younger I had speech therapy for a short time. Think it was maybe when I was around 7/8, how old is your kid? My parents also later have said to me that they think I might have been on the very low/mild end of the autistic spectrum which I can certainly see with some of the traits I used to have. I turned out OK (I think :P ) and besides plenty of people even on the higher end of autism these days can turn out fine. They can also be extremely talented in some areas (I sometimes think maybe that's why I'm quite good at poker!!) - although it's usually the higher end of the autism spectrum that tend to be very gifted. Either way it's nothing that should be seen as bad! Just embrace it, help him through it and I'm sure he'll turn out just fine!! :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Appreciate the response m8.Adams nearly 5.I totally agree tha it will all be fine in the end.Just a matter of dealin with the percieved c**p in between.I dont see it that way,hes my kid and thats that.But you see how some folk react when we are out and about and he has one of his tantrums.You would think they'd been told they were dyin or somethin!!Total ar**holes imo lol.
    Cheers for response man
    Be good
    Paul

• edited April 2014
    YNWA!!!!

GLGL!!

thanks Fa updates!!
  • edited May 2014
    Hey all.As promised,I,m writing to give youse all a wee update on the ups and downs of the weemans chatotic life atm.What was seemingly tranquil waters a few months ago have become somewhat choppy,lol.Had a couple of different sessions regardin his behaviour patterns and his physical tests he has to do.Regarding the behaviour,he has his good days and very very bad days,nothin in between.Frustration plays a big part in his life atm when simple(ish)tasks cant be completed.9 times outta 10 he'll do it first time,but its the 10th time he loses it and goes ballistic.Another trait of an autistic child I'm led to believe.In the physical tests he has small issues regarding his fine motor skills and has a weak grip which seems to concern his therapist.Outside of that we bought him a ipad this week to get him a loada games to play on it.Dont think hes been happier in a long time,which in turn makes the missus and me happy ;))Hes also lovin the trampoline we got him,good also cos he knackers himself out on it lol.As far as we know he wont be segrgated at school and still be in the "normal" class.Hate using the word normal as it implies tehre may be something wrong with him,which is so far from the case.In other news,I've had a mare recently at poker and I'm tryin to bite my lip at the percieved bad luck.I know it swings and roundabouts and it'll come good eventually,so keep an eye out for my post of the huge win which is inevitable imo  lol!!Will probably be on for a while tonight so if your on my table,say hello.I dont bite,much!!Sorry for the long ramble,but like to natter a wee bit hwen I get goin.
    Be good all
    Cheers
    Paul
  • edited June 2014
    How do folks?Been a long time since I posted,so here goes.Until about half hour ago,I had won nowt of note in months,feelin the world was against me,being outdrawn by the most ridiculous hands etc,you know the drill.Then something amazing happened.I won a tourney.OK it was only a speed bh,but I won 60 note,so pleasaed with that.In the last month and a half,homewise the weeman has taken a turn for the worse.Behaviour has got so bad and all his appointments have been a shocker as he shows no interest in taking on any of the tasks that were designed to help him.This is normal,I,ve been informed,but majorly frustrating nonethe less.This makes for tense times in our household.Also with his asthma now an ongoing concern,it seems if he could get a wee break once in a while,he wouls be more happier as would me and the missus.Have to keep thinking that there are worse off in the world than us atm,but thats not in my character unfortunately.Gradually learnin to control my feelings no matter if they are good or bad(with the help of medication I might add!lol).Realisin that family is way more important than anythin and will keep it that way.May not be interestin to most of you,but its good to offload once in a while.
    Be good all
    Paul
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Paul,
    not been here for a while... burnt out after my last DYM challenge basically,, he he.
    sorry the wee man's not so good at the moment, but I am sure as you say it is quite normal, but that doesn't make it any easier for you or the missus right now. let's hope it is only going to be temporary hey.
    well done on the poker win... always nice to see 'one of the good guys' win... occasionally.  :)
     i have just begun another dym challenge, same as last time... so 'here we go'... again, ha ha.
    keep posting mate whenever the mood takes you, always a nice read.
    best wishes mate,
    dev

• edited June 2014
    Yeah like Dev says, keep posting.  Its prob better to offload here than bottle it up at home.  Sounds like the weeman is in good hands at home and with the care he's getting.   Nice bink btw  ;-)  Does wonders for the morale!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.And then some.:
    Yeah like Dev says, keep posting.  Its prob better to offload here than bottle it up at home.  Sounds like the weeman is in good hands at home and with the care he's getting.   Nice bink btw  ;-)  Does wonders for the morale!
    Posted by Glenelg
    Cheers m8.A win really does make you feel good baout yourself,no matter how small.
    Cheers

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.And then some.:
    Hi Paul, not been here for a while... burnt out after my last DYM challenge basically,, he he. sorry the wee man's not so good at the moment, but I am sure as you say it is quite normal, but that doesn't make it any easier for you or the missus right now. let's hope it is only going to be temporary hey. well done on the poker win... always nice to see 'one of the good guys' win... occasionally.  :)  i have just begun another dym challenge, same as last time... so 'here we go'... again, ha ha. keep posting mate whenever the mood takes you, always a nice read. best wishes mate, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks dev,good to see you back m8.Your challenge shouldnt be a problem this time either.
    Be good
  • edited June 2014
    HI BIG

Nice to see youre still full of optimism(even about your poker). Keep going with the WEE one ...you havent got the choice i know but it will come back 200% in the future. All the best fella.

• edited June 2014
    Good lord!For months I couldnt hit a cows ar*e with a banjo as we say in good old norn iron.Now today Ive hit my 2nd bh in a day,this time for a cool 150 notes.YAY!!!!!!!!!Maybe someones lookin out for me,maybe I got lucky,maybe I played well(last one ,tongue firmly in cheek lol)Honestly,I think having a good offload of my goings on at home helped me from earlier today plus the words of encouragement from a couple of decent forum members.Thanks lads.In the grand scheme of things,it aint a huge prize,but when you go as long as mesel without a win,2 in a day is certainly a rare occurence.Will be the first time in a long time Ive enjoyed my glass(or 2)
    of red.A good old shiraz at that.Have a good kip all and Ill see you on the other side.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited June 2014

woooopie
    well played Paul...

how's the heed?

dev
  • edited June 2014
    Evenin folks.Don't normally post through the week but,just gettin weeman his supper so have a few spare minutes while he stalls eating his "bedtime snack"! Kids are so sneaky.Had a good weekend pokerwise with a couple of decent BH wins.Homewise was excellent also.entertained the weeman Saturday with a day out and a family BBQ at night.Amazing how his mood improved since his trials and tribulations of the previous weeks.Nice to have no worries for a day or two for sure.Have a docs appointment for myself that I could really do without next week.Hate the docs,but know this is a necessity.Sound like a big kid I know but hey ho lol.Will be trying a late night game or two tonight as I'll be doing a wee bit of papering when all go to bed.So may run into a few of you later.Peace out folks and enjoy your night.
    Be good all
    Paul
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.And then some.......2 wins in a day!wtf lol:
    Evenin folks.Don't normally post through the week but,just gettin weeman his supper so have a few spare minutes while he stalls eating his "bedtime snack"! Kids are so sneaky.Had a good weekend pokerwise with a couple of decent BH wins.Homewise was excellent also.entertained the weeman Saturday with a day out and a family BBQ at night.Amazing how his mood improved since his trials and tribulations of the previous weeks.Nice to have no worries for a day or two for sure.Have a docs appointment for myself that I could really do without next week.Hate the docs,but know this is a necessity.Sound like a big kid I know but hey ho lol.Will be trying a late night game or two tonight as I'll be doing a wee bit of papering when all go to bed.So may run into a few of you later.Peace out folks and enjoy your night. Be good all Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    This post sounds like it's from a man,
    that is relaxed, happy and content with the world around him.
    I hope it continues so that we may have more post, from a happy content man.
    Run golden and don't look back, GL.

Regards Alan.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.And then some.......2 wins in a day!wtf lol:
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.And then some.......2 wins in a day!wtf lol : This post sounds like it's from a man, that is relaxed, happy and content with the world around him. I hope it continues so that we may have more post, from a happy content man. Run golden and don't look back, GL. Regards Alan.
    Posted by ajmilton
    Thanks a lot mate.And you are very right,all is good(at the moment,lol).Things will change,im sure of that,but we are in a place that means over the last year my attitude has gradually gone from woe is me to being happy in my skin.It aint serious issues in the grand scheme of things,so for now,all is good.And im very happy with that.
    Cheers for the message
    Be good
    Paul

P.s Must get back to the papering!!

• edited July 2014
    Hey folks.This one aint gonna be uplifting or positive.Soz.Had an important meeting with the occupational therapist re weeman.The end result did not fill me with joy.Concerns about his condition has led the therapist to ask for permission to observe  the weeman at school due to a number of"alarming factors".One thing in our  favour is that any degree of autism that may be present looks like it will be low on the spectrum.So thats good.However the annoying fact is that he is such a happy kid and the total lack of awareness of our worry for him makes this even more gutting.Add to this the annoyance of others intolerance.We had the weeman in the supermarket and a total tool had a go at my missus about how my kid was behaving and how he "should be kept on a leash!!"Funny thing was he was unaware that I was in the vacinity and once I"confronted"him he couldnt be be more apologetic.Absolute wa***r imo.Ive tried to get used to those who dont get the wee man,but it really annoys the **** outta me.
    Peace out
    Paul

• edited July 2014
    Hi Paul,
    I'm sure things won't seem quite so bad today mate.
    Chin up mate, the wee man's happy... that's all that matters, isn't it!!!
    Ian.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Real life.Lifes a challenge.weemans struggles continue:
    Hi Paul, I'm sure things won't seem quite so bad today mate. Chin up mate, the wee man's happy... that's all that matters, isn't it!!! Ian.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers dev.as it goes,we had quite a good day today.Went swimming,went to get new clothes for him and the best of all......a happy meal!!!Weemans at grans tonight,the missus is out with mates .so I,ve the whole night to mesel,fett up,lappy to hand,footy on the box and a really nice bottle of shiraz(or 2)lol.Gonna give mesel the night off and forget about everything.
    Be good all 
    paul