You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
The first tournament will be on the 2nd September so you only have a week to get contributin'!

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Yes, you read it correctly. This is: Top of the POSTS!

We're trying to encourage top quality posting in the Community over here at Sky Poker. We thought you guys might like this new promotion. We are offering YOU, the Sky Poker Community, a new incentive to contribute to our forums. 

Enter: Top of the Posts:

Each month, me and the rest of the Sky Poker team will be browsing the forums (as we do) and paying close attention to the best contributions of the month (or the most consistently good contributor).

We will pick the 6 members from across the entire forum with the 6 best/most consistent contributions and enter you into a £150 Guaranteed tournament which will take place on the last evening of each month. The payout will be staggered (£50, £30, £25, £20£15, £10), so everyone takes home a slice of the prizepool!

I will keep this thread updated and on the 30th of each month I'll post the 6 best-contributers of the month will be entered and notified in. The tournament will run on the 2nd of the following month. The first tournament will be on Sunday 2nd September.

Hopefully we'll see an influx on new community members and increase in positive posting.

So come on, join me and fight the trolls!
  • edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    £150 Guaranteed tournament £50, £30, £25, £15, £10.
    6 player's everyone get's paid?I take it the £20 pay-out is missing?Is this trolling ;-) ?
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    £150 Guaranteed tournament £50, £30, £25, £15, £10. 6 player's everyone get's paid?I take it the £20 pay-out is missing?Is this trolling ;-) ?
    Posted by belsibub

Troll alert! Be gone wretched pest!

*updated* ;D
  • edited August 2012

PLAGIARISM FTW!!! 

My idea from a few weeks back.......
    Forum Fun Freeroll

To run every month. Day/Date/Time to be decided.

Capped at 50 players.

£250 in prizepool. NLHE structure. 2500 starting chips using the Take on Tikay* structure with added 500/1000 level.

Entry qualification

Numerous ways to gain entry throughout the month, open to all forum users.

a) Top 3 in weekly DTD comp. (up to 12 entrants).
    b) Best post/contribution to show threads on a Tuesday/Thursday & Sunday (up to 12 entrants).
    c) Best weekly post/thread & reply selected from the Poker Clinic (up to 8 entrants).
    d) Post of the week/Thread of the week in General Poker Chat (up to 4 entrants).

The last two categories to be adjudicated by a Sky Poker Staff panel lead by Tikay/Sky Dave etc with assistance, when needed, by selected Sky Poker players like TommyD/Jakally/Dohh etc.

The remaining 14 odd places made up of ad hoc spot prizes awarded by the SKY POKER presenters/analysts/forum staff. 

Prize pool for the top TEN. Subject to change and or tweaking.

1st. £75.00
    2nd. £50.00
    3rd. £32.50
    4th. £22.50
    5th. £17.50
    6th. £12.50
    7 to 10th. £10 each

• edited August 2012
    I hadn't even seen this, Maxally! :D

You know what they say about great minds and all tha jazz...
  • edited August 2012
    PLAGIARISM FTW!!!   My idea from a few weeks back....... Forum Fun Freeroll To run every month . Day/Date/Time to be decided. Capped at  50  players. £250  in prizepool.  NLHE  structure.  2500  starting chips using the Take on Tikay* structure with added 500/1000 level. Entry qualification Numerous ways to gain entry throughout the month,  open to all forum users. a) Top 3 in weekly DTD comp. (up to 12 entrants). b) Best post/contribution to show threads on a Tuesday/Thursday & Sunday (up to 12 entrants). c) Best weekly post/thread & reply selected from the Poker Clinic (up to 8 entrants). d) Post of the week/Thread of the week in General Poker Chat (up to 4 entrants). The last two categories to be adjudicated by a Sky Poker Staff panel lead by Tikay/Sky Dave etc with assistance, when needed, by selected Sky Poker players like TommyD/Jakally/Dohh etc. The remaining 14 odd places made up of ad hoc spot prizes awarded by the SKY POKER presenters/analysts/forum staff.  Prize pool for the top TEN. Subject to change and or tweaking. 1st. £75.00 2nd. £50.00 3rd. £32.50 4th. £22.50 5th. £17.50 6th. £12.50 7 to 10th. £10 each
    Posted by MAXALLY
    MAXALLY YOUR POST IS FAR TO LONG,FOR THE FORUM MEMBER,S TO READ, PLEASE SHORTEN, YOUR,S SINCERELY TRISH AKA PAIGE55
  • edited August 2012
    Great idea!

I think Grantorino or pr1nnyraid definitely deserve some recognition for the massive quality and quantity of advice they give in the clinic
  • edited August 2012
    Could i nominate a player called NELUCK for all of his posts in area 51 please ?

He never has a bad word to say about anyone and is a true gent at the tables :)
  • edited August 2012

Surely the best post for a long time and it is ongoing is GaryQQQ's Tournament Results thread?
  • edited August 2012
    Surely the best post for a long time and it is ongoing is GaryQQQ's Tournament Results thread?
    Posted by kaymac
    "Best" is subjective, but for quality, reliability, longevity, & sheer hard work, Gary certainly deserves some tangible thanks. It's an extraordinarily well run thread, & many of us view it daily.
  • edited August 2012
    Free money for forum posts?

Shame I stopped writing in the clinic... I was afraid of being rumbled for making up the numbers. lol

I think Lambert is being a little modest. He posts a million hands on the clinic, offers up good advice on other peoples hands and sticks his neck out by explaining his thoughts in detail. With the greatest of respect to some other posters, writing three sentences on every hand isn't nearly as valuable as writing several paragraphs on a single hand. Lambert takes the time to do both.

I don't always agree with Lambert's perspective but if you want to give the seat to a contributor who never gets it wrong, then just give it to Lol_Raise... That hardly seems the point, though.

You haven't asked for nominations but I'd like you to make the right decision. It's got to be Lambert180 for the clinic section.
  • edited August 2012
    You haven't asked for nominations but I'd like you to make the right decision. It's got to be Lambert180 for the clinic section.
    Posted by BorinLoner

No problem, BorinLoiner.

If anyone else wants to flag up some outstanding contributions to us from the community then feel free. It might help us swing the decision!

You can use this thread to do so.

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : No problem, BorinLoiner...
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Please don't discuss my loins in public, Sam. It's a sensitive subject.
  • edited August 2012
    Haha, for some reason I was thinking about LOINERS from LEEDS!

My mistake, I'm just excited about the mighty Leeds Rhinos making the trip to WEM-BER-LEY on Saturday!
  • edited August 2012
    Free money for forum posts? Shame I stopped writing in the clinic... I was afraid of being rumbled for making up the numbers. lol I think Lambert is being a little modest. He posts a million hands on the clinic, offers up good advice on other peoples hands and sticks his neck out by explaining his thoughts in detail. With the greatest of respect to some other posters, writing three sentences on every hand isn't nearly as valuable as writing several paragraphs on a single hand. Lambert takes the time to do both. I don't always agree with Lambert's perspective but if you want to give the seat to a contributor who never gets it wrong, then just give it to Lol_Raise... That hardly seems the point, though. You haven't asked for nominations but I'd like you to make the right decision. It's got to be Lambert180 for the clinic section.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    How very kind of you Borin :) Always nice to be recognised for my input. I do learn alot from the clinic, if only by posting my thoughts on how a hand should be played and being consistently proven wrong lol.

• edited August 2012
    I would put forward Vaigret's name forward for the punters corner section.
  • edited August 2012
    PLAGIARISM FTW!!!   My idea from a few weeks back....... Forum Fun Freeroll To run every month . Day/Date/Time to be decided. Capped at  50  players. £250  in prizepool.  NLHE  structure.  2500  starting chips using the Take on Tikay* structure with added 500/1000 level. Entry qualification Numerous ways to gain entry throughout the month,  open to all forum users. a) Top 3 in weekly DTD comp. (up to 12 entrants). b) Best post/contribution to show threads on a Tuesday/Thursday & Sunday (up to 12 entrants). c) Best weekly post/thread & reply selected from the Poker Clinic (up to 8 entrants). d) Post of the week/Thread of the week in General Poker Chat (up to 4 entrants). The last two categories to be adjudicated by a Sky Poker Staff panel lead by Tikay/Sky Dave etc with assistance, when needed, by selected Sky Poker players like TommyD/Jakally/Dohh etc. The remaining 14 odd places made up of ad hoc spot prizes awarded by the SKY POKER presenters/analysts/forum staff.  Prize pool for the top TEN. Subject to change and or tweaking. 1st. £75.00 2nd. £50.00 3rd. £32.50 4th. £22.50 5th. £17.50 6th. £12.50 7 to 10th. £10 each
    Posted by MAXALLY
    BULLOCKS MAXALLY!!!

[ok thats FIRST Prize sorted!!!!]
  • edited August 2012
    Nice idea - I would also go along with Garyqqq,s thread - Don,t post on it but often check it

And for Punters Corner Splashies contributes a lot

MP

EDIT : How about community suggestions section as well ? ( or if your a bit short one month on the other categories)
  • edited August 2012
    Prinnyraid for clinic

Prob tommy d or garyqqq for gpc

Area 51 neluck
  • edited August 2012

i think there could also be a means of de-awarding a place to some contributors.  every now and then a post is puerile and confrontational.  their toys could be taken out of their pram and they should sit on the naughty step and watch the freeroll from the rail.

so, with this in mind, can i start the week with a minus one for this post please? 

• edited August 2012
    The Poker Clinic   - Grantorino, although never seen him play on the site. If he doesn't play then give it to Rancid.

General Poker Chat - Lambert180 :p I do try an answer most people's questions and who doesn't love my diary lol (please don't reply to say who doesn't like it, don't want this thread becoming massive)

Team Talk - Probably Hitman RV.

The Shed - Maxally for running AL's Bar.

Area 51 - Is there anyone that posts anything of value here?....

The Punter's Corner - Never go there cos I don't gamble :p but I hear Splashies does alot for this section.
  • edited August 2012
    Anyone with the bare faced cheek to nominate himself gets my vote!
  • edited August 2012
    If it's nomination time
    Wynne1938 & Vaigret always get my attention in Punters Corner!
    Aussie09 and Oynutter always make smiles with their witty comments!
    I'm not a fan of Lambert180 but his tournaments deserve recognition.
    The one person who deserves an award for his diary is EvilPingu one of the best forum threads ever!
    Logdon deserves a plug! Mind her husband would probably prefer ear plugs!. lol
    Sky Sam/Jordan deserve awards for the Caption Contest and Friday Give away
  • edited August 2012
    If it's nomination time Wynne1938 & Vaigret always get my attention in Punters Corner! Aussie09 and Oynutter always make smiles with their witty comments! I'm not a fan of Lambert180 but his tournaments deserve recognition. The one person who deserves an award for his diary is EvilPingu one of the best forum threads ever! Logdon deserves a plug! Mind her husband would probably prefer ear plugs!. lol Sky Sam/Jordan deserve awards for the Caption Contest and Friday Give away
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Thanks for giving me a mention despite not liking me (for which I am still oblivious to the reason). I completely forgot about me doing the HU comps and stuff, which has reminded me that I need to hurry up and do the Semi-Final draw for this HU comp.

Good shout on the EP diary but in true 1984 style, it no longer exists, and so never did exist ;) But yeah give a seat to Evil.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Thanks for giving me a mention despite not liking me (for which I am still oblivious to the reason). I completely forgot about me doing the HU comps and stuff, which has reminded me that I need to hurry up and do the Semi-Final draw for this HU comp. Good shout on the EP diary but in true 1984 style, it no longer exists, and so never did exist ;) But yeah give a seat to Evil.
    Posted by Lambert180
    No rub down intended!
    The time and effort you put into those tornaments is second to none!
    I think you've earned deserved respect and if awards are being handed out, you should be towards the front of the queue if not first!

• edited August 2012
    We're reviewing the forums this afternoon so will post the winners of this month's competition soon.

Stay tuned...
  • edited August 2012
    Hi all,

Well here we have August's results. Here are the Top Posters of the month:

The Poker Clinic - Lambert180
    General Poker Chat - GaryQQQ
    Team Talk Hitman_RV
    The Shed - Donut64
    Area 51 Rancid,
    The Punter's Corner - Wynne1938, "if his tips came in as often as he posts - we'd be millionaires!"

Congrats all! I will enter you all into the Top of the Posts tournament now so don't forget to turn up and play!

It was a tough decision and we've spent the majority of the afternoon judging. I think everyone who reads the forum on a regular basis will be able to agree with me that these folk do a cracking job on the forum. I won't embarrass them all by posting reasons why they've been nominated...

There were some close runners. Couple of shoutouts to other's for their efforts. Maxally, BorinLoner, bearly, vaigret...

... there are loads more and I shouldn't have started naming names but...

Keep the posting going guys, there will be another chance for you to bag a seat into the next Top of the Posts throughout September. 

good luck to you guys in the tournament!

Sam.

P.S Another special thanks to all the guys who have PMd me with their views on who they thought should win. There are some popular people amongst you!
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks Sam, and everyone else for appreciating my input :) Looking forward to the SnG... when is it again?

Gotta love that 4 out of the 6 are squaddies :P
  • edited August 2012
    Sorry! The Top of the Posts tournament is on 2nd September at 21:00.

It's in the lobby now :-)