You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    No idea how I've made it into this but I'll gladly take the free entry.

Thanks alot and good luck to all of the runners.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    No idea how I've made it into this but I'll gladly take the free entry. Thanks alot and good luck to all of the runners.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Your thread for Team NinjaPlonkers in the Team Talk section has been updated regularly for a long time. Some good effort gone in to that IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    thanks for the seat sky sam 

n good luck to all the others that are entered :)
  • edited November 2012
    good luck  xxx
  • edited November 2012
    I vote mp3 from punters corner because nobdoy else would dare do a thread about betting on who kills Drereck Branning (Eastenders)!!
    Posted by shuv
    lol - Cheers m8 ( I was in it last month tho)

Where theres a market theres always value to be had. Theres not much you can,t bet on these days and i,m sure there will be more random threads to come

GL to those playing
  • edited November 2012
    Ladies and Gentlemen! Here we go, another good month for the forum AND did you know we're nearly at the 200,000 community member milestone? Great achievement. Pat on the back for all! Anyway, this month's Top of the Posts contenders are: Area51 oynutter Team Talk AcidMan27 The Shed IDONKCALLU General Poker Chat Darntootin The Poker Clinic profman15 The Punter's Corner splashies I think it should be clear to everyone why each of these have been selected. There's a mix of great effort, great threads and general positive posting, and that's what it's all about!! I'll enter you all into the tournament now. Remember it takes place on December 2nd at 9.00pm! Post in this thread and let us know how you get on. :) Great job and for those that missed out, there's always next month!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    No offence idonk but i think even you,ll be suprised about that one . Theres some regular good posters in the shed. (Paige and Maxally spring to mind) Unless i,ve missed something you started a thread with :)

To sam - Do you have to be nomiated in this thread to win?
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot for selecting me for the punters corner section. I'm already looking forward to starting a fresh golf thread in Jan for 2013.

I'm gonna bust the donk in this. Gl all.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : No offence idonk but i think even you,ll be suprised about that one . Theres some regular good posters in the shed. (Paige and Maxally spring to mind) Unless i,ve missed something you started a thread with :) To sam - Do you have to be nomiated in this thread to win?
    Posted by MP33
    Yeah pretty ridic to be honest considering...

1) his one post in the shed is :)  and

2) he didn't even post it in the shed, it got moved there by mods! lol.

Just lol, but I guess they're gonna share them out among the forum regs. IMO, it should be for the best posters regardless of how often they would get picked (not just saying this for myself) but like if GaryQQQ wins it for his results thread, that shouldn't stop them givign it to him again if he makes another excellent thread in GPC... surely encourages people to regularly post good stuff not just post a few bits in each thread 5 days before the end of the month.

....rant over
  • edited November 2012
    lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dnt even post in the shed but some 1 nominated me for a seat as i post alot in the shed i only posted once im not complaining i do post a fair bit in general poker chat mind suprsied i got a seat for posting in the shed 
  • edited November 2012
    im not fussed tbh if some 1 else wnats the seat they can have it i got selected and im suprised but i guess they can only give 1 person a seat each month meaning ya cant play the tourney twice
  • edited November 2012
    i no i never post good stuff lambert180,i am just daft xxx may have read your post wrong,was not sure if you were having ago at me, if wrong i am truly sorry,best wishes to you paige xxx
  • edited November 2012
    lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dnt even post in the shed but some 1 nominated me for a seat as i post alot in the shed i only posted once im not complaining i do post a fair bit in general poker chat mind suprsied i got a seat for posting in the shed 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    it was me who voted for you,well i cannot vote for myself,also if you read the rules it has to be constructed, and of some value to the forum,mine are not they are just daft comments, so enjoy your prize and good luck xxx from paige xxx
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Hi sky Sam

Many thanks for the entry. It 'll be good fun, i'm sure, until my AA's catch IDCU then my life will be complete!!! TY for the opportunity. I appreciate it.....
    ....and best of all i can put a brag cash on the THS FB page!!!
  • edited November 2012
    good luck in trying to crush me profman :p 
  • edited November 2012
    IDONKCALLU YOU CAN CRUSH profman15, but not oynutter xxx
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    gl all
  • edited November 2012
    lol perc to many jds for me 
  • edited November 2012
    i no i never post good stuff lambert180,i am just daft xxx may have read your post wrong,was not sure if you were having ago at me, if wrong i am truly sorry,best wishes to you paige xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Nah it wasn't a dig at you at all Paige. I know you post there loads and if anything it's pretty shocking that you haven't been picked yet, especially because there's only about 3 regular posters in the shed.

I just thought it was silly someone won a competition called 'Top of the Posts', a competition as described in the OP as being designed to get people posting fun, helpful (etc etc) input for posting a smiley face lol.

But ah well, just an observation, it's only a bit of fun, just thought there were some more deserving folk.
  • edited December 2012
    lambert not being funny but do u work for sky no u dont u go on as if ya do well u dont so bu  tt out is it my fault sky sam nominated for me no it isnt so why am i getting stick for it 

sky sam can choose whoever she likes and i got chosen deal with it i didnt put my name up to be chosen i do post a fair bit on the forums and i play poker everyday 
  • edited December 2012
    lambert not being funny but do u work for sky no u dont u go on as if ya do well u dont so bu  tt out is it my fault sky sam nominated for me no it isnt so why am i getting stick for it  sky sam can choose whoever she likes and i got chosen deal with it i didnt put my name up to be chosen i do post a fair bit on the forums and i play poker everyday 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol oh dear Donk, you had one too many of them JDs. I'm pretty sure Sky Sam is a bloke for a start lol. I never gave you stick, it's not your fault at all for getting picked, and you do post loads of the forum (even if they are a bit brag heavy lol) so I think you should get entered but should be for like BBV or something, somewhere where you post loads.

Again it's not your fault what you got picked for. No hard feelings donkalicious... go to bed and sober up :)

===============================================================================

EDIT:  See! How did you and me not get picked for the grudge match! :p lol
  • edited December 2012

What a surprise to see this thread cause a bit of friction. lol

Honestly, it would probably be best if six posters were selected from across the entire forum to enter into this, rather than on a section-by-section basis. Some of the sections don't really promote constructive discussion and others are scarcely contributed to anyway. Would anyone complain if two or three players were entered who only post in GPC? Probably not.

I also agree that there shouldn't be any need to share things out equally amongst people who don't necessarily contribute equally. If, say, HitmanRV does the most on the forum for six months on the trot, then he should probably be included in this sit and go for six months on the trot, too. Being selected one month shouldn't prevent selection for the following month.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Best of luck to everyone involved this month.

• edited December 2012
    Wow, didn't know anything about this until I got a pm from Sky Sam.

Just want to say thanks to, scouse_red, dohhhhhhh, maxally,smarr, kiwini4u and mp33 for the nominations, vey kind guys.

Good luck to all those entered into tonights game, though I'm sure I'll still find a way to not cash!!
  • edited December 2012
    Wow, didn't know anything about this until I got a pm from Sky Sam. Just want to say thanks to, scouse_red, dohhhhhhh, maxally,smarr, kiwini4u and mp33 for the nominations, vey kind guys. Good luck to all those entered into tonights game, though I'm sure I'll still find a way to not cash!!
    Posted by Darntootin
    was richly deserved Mike .... now ..... shipppppp ittttttt :)
  • edited December 2012
    GL ALL Tonight!!

I vote for paige55 for next month in The Shed, just a preminition already Hymiee!!
  • edited December 2012
    what a great idea sky poker, i have just seen this post and think its great, well done sky poker, u have excelled yourselves again!! and proved that u r the best place to play poker on the net with ur great free rolls and promotions for ur dedicated customers!!! well done
  • edited December 2012
    what a great idea sky poker, i have just seen this post and think its great, well done sky poker, u have excelled yourselves again!! and proved that u r the best place to play poker on the net with ur great free rolls and promotions for ur dedicated customers!!! well done
    Posted by asr147
    Someone wants a seat lol!! :)
  • edited December 2012
    IDONKCALLU120001£50splashies02£30AcidMan2703£25Darntootin04£20oynutter05£15profman1506£10

wellplayed all was a good game and good banter 
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah well played IDCU, unlucky to Splashies. Was a good game played in the right spirit of the game. It's a pity oynutter wouldn't stop talking though.

Thanks to Sky for the free entry and prizes.

• edited December 2012
    lol yeah oynutter was very tight n quiet think he be shocked to see a extra 15 quid in hes account i think