You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top of the Posts!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    TY Sky

I enjoyed it though i've got bruises from kicking myself. Even Oynutter beat me .....(i know he's a very good player btw)......but he wasn't there!!! Ha. That's what i get for running JJ into QQ. Still enjoyable though. Maybe bad rer then call of IDCU'S AI but flop was ten high so chips would have been all in then i think. C'est la vie ......and let's just enjoy a great idea by Sky eh?
  • edited December 2012
    Good game all. 

Glad you enjoyed it.
  • edited December 2012
    Good game last night guys and well played Donk.

Many thanks to Sky for putting it on.
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks for the entry Sky Sam-- shame I missed it---- Had no idea I would get nominated!--- not posting much because my keyboard is broke---- I can only assume that I must have stumbled upon an innate bias in the judging system when I posted this-------

Re: Poker terms?

posted at 27/11/2012 12:48 AM GMT on SkyPoker.com

First: 10/6/2009
    Last: 27/11/2012
    In Response to Re: Poker terms?:
         May i be of help ?
    Posted by booboo5205

Do you know a definitve wassock?

(except orford, obviously---
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts!:
    Good game all.  Glad you enjoyed it.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Sam I know it may be a bit early to start nominating but how about Jac35 for THIS THREAD in the GPC section.
  • edited December 2012

Hi sky sam, here are my votes,gpc jac35, team talk poker trev, punter,s corner shuv, area 51 booboo5205,the shed Donut64

• edited January 2013
    Hello once again all!

It's that time of the month again, sorry it's a bit late but here are this month's winners of the Top of the Posts competition!

Jac35 General Poker Chat
    mkgunner The Punter's Corner
    MAXALLY The Shed
    offshoot The Poker Clinic
    POKERTREV Team Talk
    booboo5205 Area51

We have had a mixture of great posting and persistent posting from within the community and it should be quite clear why each of the above have been selected.

NOTE: Due to the late notice, I have moved this tournament to tomorrow night at 9pm. It'll be back to the second of each month starting next month.

Good luck to you all in the tournament, let us know how you get on. Once 6 month's of Top of the Posts have passed, I'm going to put on a special tournament for the 6 winners (one of each month) so we can see who the best really is!
  • edited January 2013
       Thanks for the nomination paige 55 and thank you sky for the entry into the competition, i only found out when i looked into the disgusting mess of my account and see "top of the posts" in there .It stuck out like a sore thumb because its the only thing in there thats in blue ,everything else is in red ! :(  Congratulations to the other winners . I bet they are shaking in their boots at the prospect of coming up against me.Hope some of my input brightened a few peoples day up a bit . I will let you know how i get on and thanks again.
  • edited January 2013
    Hello once again all! It's that time of the month again, sorry it's a bit late but here are this month's winners of the Top of the Posts competition! Jac35 General Poker Chat mkgunner The Punter's Corner MAXALLY The Shed offshoot The Poker Clinic POKERTREV Team Talk booboo5205 Area51 We have had a mixture of great posting and persistent posting from within the community and it should be quite clear why each of the above have been selected. NOTE: Due to the late notice, I have moved this tournament to tomorrow night at 9pm. It'll be back to the second of each month starting next month. Good luck to you all in the tournament, let us know how you get on. Once 6 month's of Top of the Posts have passed, I'm going to put on a special tournament for the 6 winners (one of each month) so we can see who the best really is!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Good idea - It would be better than if you extended to top 4 each month tho :) or just stick everyone who has taken part

GL to winners esp. booboo who knows his stuff in Area51
  • edited January 2013
    Thank you very much for this.
    Really appreciate Paige and Scouse Red for suggesting me.
    Looking forward to it
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck to you all,and have fun xxx
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck to you all,and have fun xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Thanks for your vote Paige xx - and thanks sky for the entry.
  • edited January 2013
      I got knocked out and got £20 :} jac raised with 1010 i had aq and went all in  10 on flop :( but a good game and i would like to know if i played ok ? Thanks again i enjoyed it.
  • edited January 2013
      I got knocked out and got £20 :} jac raised with 1010 i had aq and went all in  10 on flop :( but a good game and i would like to know if i played ok ? Thanks again i enjoyed it.
    Posted by booboo5205

You played ok.....questionable at times....but ok :)

As long as you enjoyed it that is the main thing. Well done.

RESULT

Jac35120001£50POKERTREV02£30MAXALLY03£25booboo520504£20mkgunner05£15offshoot06£10
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by booboo5205
    not good :-( lol

Hand History #605452470 (21:29 03/01/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    booboo5205 Small blind  50.00 50.00 1495.00
    mkgunner Big blind  100.00 150.00 1572.50
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

MAXALLY Fold     
    Jac35 Fold     
    POKERTREV Fold     
    booboo5205 Raise  150.00 300.00 1345.00
    mkgunner All-in  1572.50 1872.50 0.00
    booboo5205 All-in  1345.00 3217.50 0.00
    mkgunner Unmatched bet  127.50 3090.00 127.50
    booboo5205 Show
    • J

mkgunner Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

booboo5205 Win Pair of Jacks 3090.00  3090.00
  • edited January 2013
    Is this rubz for Matt or did he not realise he was registered and just blind away? lol
  • edited January 2013
    Only six threads in The Shed have been commented upon in the last three weeks and three of those originated in GPC. Area 51 is a similar story. Does it really make sense for these to have the same value in this promotion as the other sections? In the same period roughly two hundred threads have been commented upon in GPC.

I recognise that the idea of this promotion is to encourage contributions to all sections of the forum but it hasn't worked for Area 51 or The Shed. So why not simply reward the six best posters from all sections of the forum, even if that means picking several based on their contribution to the same section?

The winners should also be based upon their contribution over the entire month. At the moment only threads from the last few days of the month seem to be considered.

This promotion is a great idea to encourage a large number of high-quality contributions but it's not doing that very well right now.
  • edited January 2013

I agree this will be my last post anywhere on the forum,bye to my old home since 2009,that was once the shed,best wishes to friend,s i made along the way may you all run good,bye love paige55 xxxx

• edited January 2013
    I agree this will be my last post anywhere on the forum,bye to my old home since 2009,that was once the shed,best wishes to friend,s i made along the way may you all run good,bye love paige55 xxxx
    Posted by paige55

Big Up 4 the shed - stop slatin it BL

+ Area 51
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Big Up 4 the shed - stop slatin it BL + Area 51
    Posted by MP33
    If I was slating anything, it would have been the structure of this promotion. However, I'd rather suggest constructive ways in which the promotion could be improved: At the moment there exists the ridiculous situation of one seat being drawn from perhaps ten threads in a month while another seat, of the same value, is drawn from around three hundred. That's daft.

There's no reason why good posts in the Shed shouldn't be rewarded with one of the six seats. At the moment though, any old rubbish from the Shed or Area 51 is rewarded because there is so little to choose from. It means that some posters who put a great deal of time and effort into the forum are overlooked while others are being rewarded for posting very little.
  • edited January 2013
    So why not simply reward the six best posters from all sections of the forum, even if that means picking several based on their contribution to the same section?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi Borin,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I also think it's a good idea that we merge all the sub-sections of the forum together and take the best 6 posts/threads/consistent posters from the entire forum. It does get hard to justify rewarding a thread from The Shed or Area51 with the same prize as a thread from GPC or The Punter's Corner as they are completely different in terms of what they're trying to achieve. It does feel a bit wrong that there is not a lot to choose from and we're pretty much awarding a seat "for the sake of it" when another thread/post elswhere has missed out because of this. We can give this a shot this month.

As for judging the winners, we do take the frequency of posting into account. There are some past winners who have created a single thread which has won, and others have won for a decent volume of quality posting over the months.

So at the end of this month, we will take the top 6 posts/threads/posters from across the entire forum and enter them into the tournament.

I welcome anyone elses feedback on this.

Sam.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Top of the Posts! : Hi Borin, Thanks for your feedback on this. I also think it's a good idea that we merge all the sub-sections of the forum together and take the best 6 posts/threads/consistent posters from the entire forum . It does get hard to justify rewarding a thread from The Shed or Area51 with the same prize as a thread from GPC or The Punter's Corner as they are completely different in terms of what they're trying to achieve. It does feel a bit wrong that there is not a lot to choose from and we're pretty much awarding a seat "for the sake of it" when another thread/post elswhere has missed out because of this. We can give this a shot this month. As for judging the winners, we do take the frequency of posting into account. There are some past winners who have created a single thread which has won, and others have won for a decent volume of quality posting over the months. So at the end of this month, we will take the top 6 posts/threads/posters from across the entire forum and enter them into the tournament. I welcome anyone elses feedback on this. Sam.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

Excellent decision.

I know it is early, but here are my month's nominations.

GARYQQQ - For his daily updated results thread
    TOMMYD   - For his dairy
    DOH x 7   -  For his dairy
    DTWBANDIT - For his work on the DTD thread
    SCOUSERED - For his work on the DTD thread
    HITMAN RV  - For his work on the DTD team result thread.

I also think ALL players who have played in any of these should be included in any special tournament put on.
  • edited January 2013
    I would like to see Paige55 entered Into the Tournie. She's contributed to the forum regularly for some time now. She's always there congratulating and nominating others for wins - I think a generous nature like this should be recognised.
  • edited January 2013
    I would like to see Paige55 entered Into the Tournie. She's contributed to the forum regularly for some time now. She's always there congratulating and nominating others for wins - I think a generous nature like this should be recognised.
    Posted by TiaDalma
    Completely agree with this.  Paige is top and has done so much encouraging and good stuff on the forum.
  • edited January 2013

Just a suggestion; 

A monthly vote could decide the 6 participants from a list of say 10 to 12 nominees drawn from suggestions on this thread. There would probably need to be a mechanism to stop the same posters getting in each month. Maybe if you win a seat you cannot are then ineligible for the following month, or the following 2 months.

• edited January 2013
    Great that your suggestion has been taken on board Borin. I did suggest this a while ago as well so glad to hear it's going ahead.

GPC + the clinic is where it's at imo. Have you been given a seat yet? If not get him in Sky.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi SKY SAM, here are my votes.poker chat GREGGHOGG ROAD TO BRAZIL 2014,The Football corner FlashJonny for his footy quiz,The rail MP33 in low stakes Diary THREAD HAS KEPT POSTING without many replies,POKER CLINIC, WHACKER for his first post, that he wrote well with out moaning,Team talk HITMAN RV ALWAYS SO WELCOMING TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN HIS TEAM,THE RAIL FOR MAKING ME LAUGH BOOBOO2505 FOR HIS CHOICE OF TV SHOW,S,MANY THANKS TO YOU SKY SAM FOR STARTING THIS THREAD BEST WISHES PAIGE55 XXX
  • edited January 2013
    ALSO MANY THANK,S TO Tia,And TOMMYD FOR THERE KIND WORD,S ABOUT ME XXX,AND PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR ME,I AM DAFT AND WISH TO STAY THAT WAY LUV TRISH XX
  • edited January 2013
    SORRY sky sam it should read booboo5205,see i told you he made me laugh
  • edited January 2013
     I would like to nominate Paige55 for all the contributions she as done on all the forums .Always done with humour. Anyone who gets my sense of humour deserves something :)