You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Back to basics......End of diary

Comments

• edited October 2012
    You da man riky:) good luck, just make sure you have a point when you drop down
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 3.:
    From a couple of the hands that you have posted on here you seem to shut dwon on the turn when your hand gets stronger and then value bet the river. For example the flush over flush hand (your always going broke here) you bet your draw on the flop but bet the turn when you hit aswell try and get 3 streets of value from your big hands looks like you maybe leaving abit of value behind. Other than that glad to hear you having fun good luck to you :)
    Posted by jams88
    Hi, cheers for your post.

I am still relatively new to cash so thanks for your advice.......the reason why I checked was simply to trap (unless the guy has bigger flush I am very unlikely to get outdrawn), let somebody with an ace in his hand improve further etc...this is a tactic I often employ in mtts and it seems to work a lot.

But reading your comment I take it that it is best to bet all 3 streets?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 3.:
    You da man riky:) good luck, just make sure you have a point when you drop down
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    cheers moobs.

What does this bit mean, you have lost me?
  • edited October 2012

Thanks everyone else for your kind words......I actually played as bad as I have in a while, I was behind when my chips were in the middle a few times....I even had an hours worth of abuse from one player to go with it, but I aint complaining :)

• edited October 2012
    Tonight was fun, I didnt make a great deal of money and I have a s***load of leaks in my game but I'm really getting into playing cash.

I feel it's more of a battle when you are facing the same names on a regular basis.......I got outplayed at times but I also took down a couple of big pots myself.......the way I see it at the minute is there are far far better players at the level I'm at but I feel I can improve and hold my own in time.

Most importantly, I'm enjoying it!

I didn't play any 20nl tonight and just 4 tabled 30nl with a mix of mtt's (with no success).

20nl
    Profit Today = £0
    Overall Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = +£26.15
    Overall Profit = +£21.04

Total Profit = -£76.79

• edited October 2012
    Just finished a 2 hr session 4 tabling 30nl. Was going quite well break even on one table and up in all the others.

However towards the end of the session I lost 2BI......i think both were pretty standard.....flopped set losing to flopped straight and AK losing A8 on a xAxA board....river 8....maybe a better player than can find the fold in these spots dunno???

Anyway ended the session just over 1BI down no great drama....probs play a bit more later

20nl
    Profit Today = £0
    Overall Profit= -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = -£37.90
    Overall Profit = -£16.86

Total Profit = -£114.69

Due to recent cashes in MTT's I have decided to give myself a bit more to play with before I drop down....if/when I get to -£200 i will drop back down to 10/20nl until I build back up....gl at the tables guys
  • edited October 2012
    another 2 hr session done 3 tabling 30nl....quick update

20nl
    Profit Today = £0
    Overall Profit= -£97.83

30nl

Profit Today = +£37.81
    Overall Profit  = +£20.95

Total Profit = -£76.88

No more tonight.......
  • edited October 2012
    Haven't played for nearly a week as I have been working away and haven't had the time.

Played a couple of mtts tonight...itching for a game of poker, but I soon realised how frustrating the game can be....highlighted when my AK<AQ in the open, this thread is to track my cash game though so won't go into detail about the tourneys.

Right, I have decided to stick soley to 30nl........tonight went ok, I only played 3 small sessions around an hour each......results

20nl
    Total (as no longer playing) = -£97.83

30nl

Profit Today = +£66.63
    Overall Profit = +£87.61

Total Profit = -£10.22
  • edited October 2012
    Couple of good results there mate. Congratulations.

I saw in on of your posts that you are having fun. Well I guess you are a recreational player as most of us here. That is the key in the game. To have fun. Money should come in 2nd place. Thats poker for me.

Its always nice to get a grisp to new things and I hope you enjoy cash. Cash it is a completely different world of tournaments and therefore you have to make some adjustments.

But make sure whatever you do, you are having fun and enjoy yourself. That is what poker is all about.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 6.:
    Couple of good results there mate. Congratulations. I saw in on of your posts that you are having fun. Well I guess you are a recreational player as most of us here. That is the key in the game. To have fun. Money should come in 2nd place. Thats poker for me. Its always nice to get a grisp to new things and I hope you enjoy cash. Cash it is a completely different world of tournaments and therefore you have to make some adjustments. But make sure whatever you do, you are having fun and enjoy yourself. That is what poker is all about.
    Posted by GreekWay
    Yeah very good point, I play purely for fun and any money I make along the way is a bonus. I'm slowly getting used to cash now and I think my overall game is improving as a result.
  • edited October 2012

Just played another 2 hours session and it's 2 winning sessions in a row for me now.....just as well because mtts arent going very well atm!

20nl
    Total Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = +£47.75
    Overall Profit = +£135.36

Total Profit = +£37.53

So into profit again....will play more cash later

• edited October 2012
    Settled down for what was gonna be a long session....but lost with KK twice and felt myself starting to tilt so I have stopped playing.

Gonna play the 10kBH and the mini......may play some more cash later but not sure.

Sneaked in a 50nl table (I have 35BI for this so thought I would see what happens) it went ok and the beats came on the 30nl tables...

20nl
    Total Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = - £60.24
    Overall Profit = +£75.12

50nl
    Profit Today = +£6.45
    Overall Profit = +£6.45

Total Profit = -£16.26

• edited October 2012
    Another losing session....and my last cash session of the night, I'm drunk and playing quite spewy....just gonna play a few mtts for the rest of the night

20nl
    Total Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = - £20.77
    Overall Profit = +£54.35

50nl
    Profit Today = +£6.45
    Overall Profit = +£6.45

Total Profit  = -£37.03

• edited October 2012
    Just played the one session today as I have mainly been playing satellites.

Another losing session......but only by £2.75 so I class that as break even really.

I wont be playing any more cash tonight as I have sat into the UKOPS semi and the 5kBH so hoping for a change of fortune there!!

20nl
    Total Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = - £2.75
    Overall Profit = +£51.60

50nl
    Overall Profit = +£6.45

Total Profit = -£39.78

• edited October 2012
    5kBH was a nightmare......but I did make it into UKOPS 1 main event and I'm currently 6/68 in the mini primo, so could be a very good night :)
  • edited October 2012
    gl Ryan.
    will see how u finished tomorrow.
    nite nite
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 8.:
    5kBH was a nightmare......but I did make it into UKOPS 1 main event and I'm currently 6/68 in the mini primo, so could be a very good night :)
    Posted by waller02
    13th - eh - unlucky for some - but still better than 300 others - wp
  • edited October 2012
    Yep 13th.....lost momentum (with a bad call or 2 mixed in) at the latter stages.

Probs wont be playing any cash tonight as it is DTD night...........as for the cash, I'm still yet to see a decent return but I'm still getting to grips with it and it could be a LOT worse I suppose so gonna keep soldiering on!
  • edited October 2012

hi Ryan,
    unlucky last night...
    can't win 'em all,i guess.

keep going with the cash m8...
    you know the saying...practise makes perfect.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    hi Ryan, unlucky last night... can't win 'em all,i guess. keep going with the cash m8... you know the saying...practise makes perfect. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    ty m8 :)

best of luck in your new challenge, I'm sure you will do it
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 8. : ty m8 :) best of luck in your new challenge, I'm sure you will do it
    Posted by waller02
    thanks mate,

(0 $)
       ^
  • edited October 2012
    Just the one session today, 4 tabled 30nl for around an hour and a half.....usual story, 1 table bad, 2 tables break even and 1 table good. Luckily my good table outweighed my bad one and I made a small profit for the evening.
    Away from the cash tables I thought I would try my luck at a £5 sat to get into the UKOPS 3 semi......I have never been so lucky to scrape through, I start off well and get to the ft in 3rd with 4 seats up for grabs. All bar 1 of us have similar stacks.....I lose a big pot KQ<45 and I'm down to 725 chips and on my way out. l double up when I'm auto all in and somehow manage to scrape through to the semi as others clash.

So, I play the semi thinking I have used all my luck and wont get through, but the poker gods were smiling on me and I have now qualified for my 2nd UKOPS main event. Would have been happy to qualify for one but I'm now in two 110 buy in mtts for a total investment of around 20 quid.........a lot of the higher stakes players will be thinking "wow big deal" but for smaller stakes players like myself the chance to play in these big mtts doesnt come around too often, so I'm happy :)

1omm - £15,000 UKOPS 32NONRUNNER - £15,000 UKOPS 33lilfish17 - £15,000 UKOPS 340mc - £15,000 UKOPS 35waller02 - £15,000 UKOPS 36Dhav - £15,000 UKOPS 37buhhamanpm - £15,000 UKOPS 38SanqBeliq - £88
    20nl
    Overall Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = + £22.08
    Overall Profit = +£73.68

50nl
    Overall Profit = +£6.45

Total Profit = -£17.70

Right, I'm off to put my lottery numbers on ;) Gl at the tables all
  • edited October 2012
    Ok, another session done and dusted and I'm slightly frustrated with myself. I sneaked in a 50nl table alongside my 30nl ones to see how it went. I didn't play too bad but a couple of beats put me to just under a buy in down. The 30nl is still going well though and I think (touch wood) that I have found my comfort zone there.......I am 3 buy ins up in that but the 20 and the 50 have let me down.

So, from now on I will only play 30nl and see if I can get back into profit as far as the cash goes.......I'm 10 days in now and have probs played around 20-30 hours and I'm yet to be in profit. The most severe losses have come from mastercash tables at 20nl which is the reason I am avoiding these from now on....still loving playing cash though which is the main thing plus a good session or 2 and I'm right back in profit (here's hoping)  :))

20nl
    Overall Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = + £25.32
    Overall Profit = +£99.00

50nl
    Profit Today = -£49.71
    Overall Profit = -£43.26

Total Profit = -£42.09
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 10.:
    . I sneaked in a 50nl table alongside my 30nl ones to see how it went. I didn't play too bad but a couple of beats put me to just under a buy in down. ...... The most severe losses have come from mastercash tables....still loving playing cash though which is the main thing 
    Posted by waller02
    not doing too bad given you're a newbie at these levels, eh?

it only takes a couple of coolers/bad beats when you're playing the higher tables and/or mastercash to quickly undue all your previous hard work so do be careful (& I'm speaking from experience)

but great attitude

gl
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 10.:
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 10. : not doing too bad given you're a newbie at these levels, eh? it only takes a couple of coolers/bad beats when you're playing the higher tables and/or mastercash to quickly undue all your previous hard work so do be careful (& I'm speaking from experience) but great attitude gl
    Posted by GELDY
    ty m8

not enjoying poker at the start of day 11 though.........such a donk call ruins my chances in the Ukops qtr.....7 seats, 10 left I'm 5th....no need to get involved blind on blind, I raise with AJ villain calls....Ace high flop, I bet, villain raises.......get the lot in on the turn..villain has AK  SIGH....why did I call?????
  • edited October 2012
    Everything I said about "enjoying" playing..............FORGET IT lol

Easily my worst night since I started this thread.....as mentioned above, I wasted a glorious chance of getting into the UKOPS semi for the BIG one (the one I really wanted more than the others), 7 seats up for grabs and I went from 5/10 to out through nothing but my own stupidity......that pretty much set the tone for my whole evening.

More than slightly tilted/annoyed with myself I played the 12kBH....AWFULLY......it's 8.15 and I'm gone after handing my chips over to wacko with more poor play from myself. I had half an hour break from the tables to try and sort my head out before proceeding to a session 5 tabling 30nl...........can you guess what's coming next??????

Now, I didnt actually play too bad. I lost a few smallish pots with hands I should probs have layed down but it wasn't long before tilt started creeping in.....I have KK get 3 callers and there's an Ace on the flop....ffs....I have 2 pair but the turn card that gave me the 2 pair gives the villain the straight etc...etc...One of those nights when I hit the flop but somebody else hits it even bigger or I have a MASSIVE draw and miss everytime :(

This hand below pretty much sums it up........absolute dream of a board, I'm thinking cheers lads 60+ quid for me ty.....finally luck has changed........

robert1958 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £23.40 pman184 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £19.18  Your hole cards J Q    denty765 Fold     waller02 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £31.46 FlashFlush Fold     wudibluff Call  £0.90 £2.25 £31.29 robert1958 Call  £0.75 £3.00 £22.65 pman184 Fold     Flop  Q 8 8    robert1958 Check     waller02 Check     wudibluff Bet  £1.50 £4.50 £29.79 robert1958 Call  £1.50 £6.00 £21.15 waller02 Call  £1.50 £7.50 £29.96 Turn  J    robert1958 Check     waller02 Check     wudibluff Check     River  Q    robert1958 Check     waller02 Bet  £7.50 £15.00 £22.46 wudibluff Call  £7.50 £22.50 £22.29 robert1958 All-in  £21.15 £43.65 £0.00 waller02 Call  £13.65 £57.30 £8.81 wudibluff Call  £13.65 £70.95 £8.64 robert1958 Show 10 9    waller02 Show J Q    wudibluff Muck K Q    robert1958 Win Straight Flush to the Queen £69.15
    At this point I should have switched off and called it a night..but no I had to stay on and donate a few more like this hand below...I'm on full blown tilt here and this was my last hand of the session....My head was gone here....is it a b/f or c/f on the river??? either way I snap called, screamed and stood from all tables.......my heart rate and blood pressure are just about back to normal now lol

FlashFlush Big blind  £0.30 £0.30 £26.84  Your hole cards A J    Ubbi4820 Fold     waller02 Raise  £0.90 £1.20 £42.57 pman184 Fold     Blacko Call  £0.90 £2.10 £27.90 FlashFlush Fold     Flop  A 3 2    waller02 Bet  £1.50 £3.60 £41.07 Blacko Call  £1.50 £5.10 £26.40 Turn  Q    waller02 Bet  £3.30 £8.40 £37.77 Blacko Call  £3.30 £11.70 £23.10 River  K    waller02 Check     Blacko Bet  £11.70 £23.40 £11.40 waller02 Call  £11.70 £35.10 £26.07 Blacko Show 3 K    waller02 Show A J    Blacko Win Two Pairs, Kings and 3s £33.34

Anyway.....the results

20nl
    Overall Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = -£70.36
    Overall Profit = +£28.64

50nl
    Overall Profit = -£43.26

Total Profit = -£112.45

I'm off to bed to have a little cry haha

Gl at the tables all :)

• edited October 2012
    Poker is a sick game, and cash can really make you embrace the sickness, I've experienced it many a time :(

Unlucky mate
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Taking a shot........Day 11.:
    Poker is a sick game, and cash can really make you embrace the sickness, I've experienced it many a time :( Unlucky mate
    Posted by Lambert180
    cheers mate,

Hand 2 an easy c/f??

Also I have posted a hand in the clinic if you wouldnt mind giving your thoughts..........I have played sooo poor tonight
  • edited October 2012
    ul waller - 1st one was just a cooler - in a way i don't mind hands like that so much because the play was good from both of you, and he just had the better one - just a more convoluted way of playing AA vs KK aipf and him binking a K (i was out 1st hand of a UKOPS semi with exactly that). the 2nd one - well probably many ways of playing it - i'm not good enough to say if yours was the best or not.

3 lessons from these hands:

1. don't tilt - coolers happen
    2. variance is s.h.i.t but it happens, so again - don't tilt
    2. stay within your br - just think how much worse it would have been if you were playing NL50 again.

but good on you recognising it was tilting you, and quitting for the night.

sleep well, in the morning re-appraise your hands and the bankroll you are "happy" to lose, and go for it.

• edited October 2012

Right i'm done for the night.......vast improvement from last nights showing.

Sat down to a cash session and 5 mins in things seemed to be progressing the same way when  I lost a BI to a well known reg on here KK V AA......stone the crows  here we go again....wont say who it was but dont tell ur
     mum ;)
    I think the big difference was that I didn't tilt this time, I'm 5 minutes in and no need to lose my head. I'm learning more and more that tilt is prob the biggest killer in cash games. In a tourney tilt can get the better me but the worst that can happen is you lose ur stack and it's game over, but in cash tilt has caused me to reload out of stubborn pride and cost me more.

Anyway, tilt free I stuck with it and sat down for a longer session than I usually would and managed to put myself back in profit for the night.

Job done and I settled in for a few mtt's....luck was on my side and I cashed I all of them apart from the mini open.

A 6th place in the Orfordble (which is a must for all forum regs) meant I had also won a free seat into next weeks open rebuy and 8th in a £400Bh brought some cash and much needed confidence back. 

I had satellited into the rebuy open tonight. I am not normally a fan of rebuys but this tourney has a great structure and for the buy in it has recently been a fav of mine, although I am yet to cash........until tonight.
    I sat in for 2.40, took the addon and pushed on from there. I have just busted out in 11th but for a player like me having a sniff of a big cash is always great....I was in reasonable shape but lost my stack in 2 hands where both times I was a favourite......sigh. Having said that I won a big pot A5 />AQ to get in good shape in the first place..........thats the beauty of poker, swings and roundabouts!

Poker is one of 3 big loves in my life alongside football (GTFC) and most importantly the 3 girls in my life, my missus and my 2 daughters aged 9 and 5............well poker and football are taking a backseat tomorrow as I'm under strict instructions from my kids to take them to see Madagascar 3........and you know what, I can't wait..........beats and bad runs happen in poker, but in the real world when your doing things that really matter with people you love......who cares!!

Win or lose at poker I know I'm already a lucky bloke :)

20nl
    Overall Profit = -£97.83

30nl
    Profit Today = +£27.39
    Overall Profit = +£56.03

50nl
    Overall Profit = -£43.26

Total Profit = -£85.06