You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR 2559.14!! Primo 2nd place. HOBBIT!!!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.:
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. : Is that the same young lady who came to SPT Brighton (wore a white top, quite tall?) & possibly Luton with you? If so, look after her, she seemed a splendid young lady.   If not, umm, sorry for putting my foot in it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Almost all correct apart from Luton as we didn't go. That would be the one almost 2 years now!:) Hoping to make some more spt appearances on this tour. Its a shame there is no Brighton though we both really enjoyed that one. 
  • edited October 2012

Great stuff Wacko, you are batting above your average there, she is very beautiful.
  • edited October 2012
    Great stuff Wacko, you are batting above your average there, she is very beautiful.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well above my average you are right! She is flattered! ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Okay so played a fair few MTTs this afters. One issue I found. 

Played 2 BH's, cashed in 2 BH's, made a loss in both BH's. Min cashed in both and didnt take any heads (my fault for not taking more heads) and basically won half my BI back in both. Seemed a bit pointless really I would rather that money was pumped into top 10 or top 15 to boost these numbers. Just an observation.

Anyway was about break even until the last few tournies I played. Cashed in a scary for 5£, profit is profit. Then managed to take down a 5 pound BH. Was a tough FT for that level (bearproof being one) so was happy with the win. Shade under £100 so cant complain. I can throw in the odd £11 now coupled with a FEW micro sats on the side.

Time to go to pub and see how England fare now. I must say I am rather glad everyone has finally come to their senses and realised that they're just not good enough to go far in these major tournaments anymore. I think it will be a tough game tonight, the polsih team is fairly good. Lets wait and see, will drop a post about the footie when i get in :)

Starting BR:£100
    Current BR:£243.91
  • edited October 2012
    This diary was always gonna be a sick read...

Multiplies his BR by 2.5x in what 2 days? Well played David, I'm sure you'll show us all how it's done.
  • edited October 2012
    This diary was always gonna be a sick read... Multiplies his BR by 2.5x in what 2 days? Well played David, I'm sure you'll show us all how it's done.
    Posted by Lambert180
    We shall see Paul we all run good at times :) hope this will continue though we shall see, may post up a few hands from todays session later for you to have a look at!
  • edited October 2012
    GL with your challenge Wacko. Great start!!!!

As for the game, I will of course support Poland (I'm Polish) but realisticly looking at it we do not have to much chance. I will take a draw.

As for yesterdays situation with the game being postponed - it's just a disgrace!!! Shouldn't have happened.

Go Poland!!!! :)
  • edited October 2012
    I have to say I did not see the game going that way. I said before that I will take a draw but now I'm not happy with that 1-1 result... Could of make a history by beating England after 39 years :(

Did England deserved a goal in the first half??? NO!!! Very lucky, like having AJ and beating AK on the river... 

I'm very surprised with Polish team playing that well, or should I say that English team was just not playing good at all??? Anyway, draw it is, still will be mega dificult for Poland to qualify,.,,
  • edited October 2012
    welcome back wacko and gl
  • edited October 2012
    I have to say I did not see the game going that way. I said before that I will take a draw but now I'm not happy with that 1-1 result... Could of make a history by beating England after 39 years :( Did England deserved a goal in the first half??? NO!!! Very lucky, like having AJ and beating AK on the river...  I'm very surprised with Polish team playing that well, or should I say that English team was just not playing good at all??? Anyway, draw it is, still will be mega dificult for Poland to qualify,.,,
    Posted by Mariusz80
    Hi Mariusz:) I agree to a certain extent, England were really not good. I always thought the Polish team was fairly good, after seeing them at the euros they certainly had lots of potential. Draw was probably deserved dont you think? neither team deserved to win. I hope they do qualify! Would be good to see them through I sort of support them now ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Gl Wacko

Youre a player that i have admired since i joined SKY and know you will do well.  I met you once last year at the 6 max and i can confirm you are punching well above your weight ;)

glglgl sir
  • edited October 2012
    Lol Thanks mewillows! (I think)

Interesting day. Preferring the afternoon grinds as im busy alot more on a night now. Up and down sort of day again started off getting unlucky but finished the afternoon session fairly well with a few cashes! Today I was either crushing or getting crushed, weird! Anyway BR update to follow. May start posting some hands, but there really wasn't anything of much interest, alot of bad beats given and received but they're not interesting! A good day though all in all and another profitable one. Moved up a bit quicker than I expected. 

Football was depressing. On another note, booking tickets for the Hobbit tomorrow (if I can). Love it, cant wait. Good night all

Starting Bankroll:£100

Current Bankroll: £367.93
  • edited October 2012
    gl wacko you not play cash on here any more?
    Posted by engy
    Hey mate. Not at the moment. When I play cash I want time to grind consistently which I haven't had for a long while. Maybe after uni il grind cash, I'm sure that what your hoping for ;)
  • edited October 2012
    O wow - nice )
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. : Hi Mariusz:) I agree to a certain extent, England were really not good. I always thought the Polish team was fairly good, after seeing them at the euros they certainly had lots of potential. Draw was probably deserved dont you think? neither team deserved to win. I hope they do qualify! Would be good to see them through I sort of support them now ;)
    Posted by Wacko90
    Draw was probably a fair result, it's just that we may not have that great chance to beat England anytime soon...

GL at the tables!!
  • edited October 2012
    lol no you can stay on your tourny grind please :) . just when i first joined the site we always seemed to be on the same cash tables. then i seen you were crushing the tournys on here. gl in this challenge mate not that i think youll need it
  • edited October 2012
    Well! Been at it since about 6 o clock and had a good day. 

I always find that im buying into sats etc grinding away, next thing I know 50 quids disappeared..??!!!! Happened again today started day on 367 and about an hour in was under 300 with nothing to show for it. Then took a few nasty beats, got a wee bit tilted and next thing I know im on 250! Anyway pulled my finger out my backside and got going, was 4-6 tabling found that fine just missed out on the minor details that help give me a bit of an edge in the cheap ones. Got 3 cashes in a row (£65 for 2nd in £250gtd, £24 quid for second in £50 gtd scary and £40 odd quid for 2nd in £3.30 speed) which put me back on the right track.

Things heated up around 8, started to grind to 5 and 11 pound BHs. First bink came in one of the £11 ones. Think it was the 8.30 one. Ran okay, played pretty well today I think. Anyway this was result.

Wacko903160001£213.30 + £79.33 Head Prizes7 mondo198502£124.03 + £27.64 Head Prizes4 superyank03£86.90 + £50.81 Head Prizes8 goodylad2104£71.10 + £21.57 Head Prizes4 daddysu05£57.67 + £13.13 Head Prizes3 
     So obviously very happy with that one. :) AT the same time I was going well in the 9.30 2k BH. That just finished. Result..
    RANGERSCHA5160001£348.30 + £120.95 Head Prizes7 Wacko9002£199.95 + £63.13 Head Prizes8 SAS1003£135.45 + £44.29 Head Prizes6 abbeylad04£103.20 + £63.94 Head Prizes9 tallytink05£90.30 + £26.17 Head Prizes5 LnarinOO06£77.40 + £12.48 Head Prizes3 

So once again nice result. Really gutted not to win it though I played well again, fairly good HU just literally couldn't hit. Well played to rangerscha :) I thought this challenge may take me 2 months or so (it still might) but so far so good. Still going to stick with the little ones for now, im happy to spend another week grinding them to get over the line. Got more targets to hit after/if I have hit this one.
    Happy days, I can sleep easy tonight!
    Current BR:£870.01
  • edited October 2012

Very impressive so far, WD

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. BR:£367.93:
    Well! Been at it since about 6 o clock and had a good day.  I always find that im buying into sats etc grinding away, next thing I know 50 quids disappeared..??!!!! Happened again today started day on 367 and about an hour in was under 300 with nothing to show for it. Then took a few nasty beats, got a wee bit tilted and next thing I know im on 250! Anyway pulled my finger out my backside and got going, was 4-6 tabling found that fine just missed out on the minor details that help give me a bit of an edge in the cheap ones. Got 3 cashes in a row (£65 for 2nd in £250gtd, £24 quid for second in £50 gtd scary and £40 odd quid for 2nd in £3.30 speed) which put me back on the right track. Things heated up around 8, started to grind to 5 and 11 pound BHs. First bink came in one of the £11 ones. Think it was the 8.30 one. Ran okay, played pretty well today I think. Anyway this was result. Wacko90 316000 1 £213.30 + £79.33 Head Prizes 7   mondo1985 0 2 £124.03 + £27.64 Head Prizes 4   superyank 0 3 £86.90 + £50.81 Head Prizes 8   goodylad21 0 4 £71.10 + £21.57 Head Prizes 4   daddysu 0 5 £57.67 + £13.13 Head Prizes 3    So obviously very happy with that one. :) AT the same time I was going well in the 9.30 2k BH. That just finished. Result.. RANGERSCHA 516000 1 £348.30 + £120.95 Head Prizes 7   Wacko90 0 2 £199.95 + £63.13 Head Prizes 8   SAS10 0 3 £135.45 + £44.29 Head Prizes 6   abbeylad 0 4 £103.20 + £63.94 Head Prizes 9   tallytink 0 5 £90.30 + £26.17 Head Prizes 5   LnarinOO 0 6 £77.40 + £12.48 Head Prizes 3   So once again nice result. Really gutted not to win it though I played well again, fairly good HU just literally couldn't hit. Well played to rangerscha :) I thought this challenge may take me 2 months or so (it still might) but so far so good. Still going to stick with the little ones for now, im happy to spend another week grinding them to get over the line. Got more targets to hit after/if I have hit this one. Happy days, I can sleep easy tonight! Starting BR:£100 Current BR:£870.01
    Posted by Wacko90

Sadly I am watching from a distance these days wacko, hardly playing at all got loads on at work etc 79 c4p this month sighhh! I am not surprised that you are caning it, mtts defo are your game. I suspect you will have a difficult decision to make when you leave uni about whether to play full time or start a career. Gl whatever you decide to do and I know you'll make a success of this challenge.   
  • edited October 2012
    your a sicko )
  • edited October 2012
    You're making it look so easy Wacko! :)
    Well done so far...
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. BR:£367.93:
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. BR:£367.93 : Sadly I am watching from a distance these days wacko, hardly playing at all got loads on at work etc 79 c4p this month sighhh! I am not surprised that you are caning it, mtts defo are your game. I suspect you will have a difficult decision to make when you leave uni about whether to play full time or start a career. Gl whatever you decide to do and I know you'll make a success of this challenge.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Hi ace! How you getting on? How is the job? Sucks that you can't grind anymore:/ to be honest at the moment I dont want to play as a career, a job related to my degree would suit me better. For now ;)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. Semi Bink...:
    You're making it look so easy Wacko! :) Well done so far...
    Posted by Mariusz80
    Wcale nie, ale dzieki. ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Bardzo imponujące tak daleko. Trzymaj się ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. Semi Bink...:
    Bardzo imponujące tak daleko. Trzymaj się ;-)
    Posted by percival09
    Google translate ftw ;) technically it's correct, but it doesnt really make sense in Polish:P thanks though bud :)
  • edited October 2012
    Challenge to £999. COMPLETED.

Played on mtt today, the 3pm 22 quid BH. started slow, but got going in the middle stages. Result...

nicknat118 84000 1 £168 + £102.61 Head Prizes 4
    Wacko90 0 2 £105 + £56.26 Head Prizes 7
    pjbrown 0 3 £63 + £84.85 Head Prizes 8
    fletchbe01 0 4 £46.20 + £22.50 Head Prizes 3
    Gatherer 0 5 £37.80 + £16.88 Head Prizes 2

Another happy, but annoying second. 5 players were left I had like 9/1 chiplead and just went dead and couldnt win a flip. Happy with second though another decent result. So what my next challenge? Im not withdrawing atm, maybe if I manage to hit another target I will. Not sure what my next target is though....

Current BR:£1009.27

Challenge Duration:5 days.

• edited October 2012
    your on a heater like me at the mo wacko may the run good continue :) i turned £50 into over 1.3k this month all good :)
  • edited October 2012

Well done wacko.

Next challenge? £1000 to £9999, surely...

• edited October 2012
    Amazing! Very well played, surely this is the fastest successful BR challenge ever?

(+1 to the suggestion above)
  • edited October 2012
    LOL sigh. I do speak a little polish though. 

Sick. completed challenge already. WP