You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR 2559.14!! Primo 2nd place. HOBBIT!!!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999.UKOPS SHOCKER. sd@@zsodjfh:
    Evening all, I was going to post after ukops but decided to vent now instead :) Last night was the first night of profit, managed 16th or soemthing like that in the ME. Went dead near the end on table with chip leader, picked up jacks, got excited when i saw a raise and a call at 1500/3k, me on 50k shove it in and the caller has kk. Really does sum up how its gone this week, I cant complain though had a great week running up to it. Lost with kk vs ak in mini. Then a few hands later a 3 way all in kk again vs a10 and ax, we all know what the river was. Admittedly lost alot of money thisd week but I have full confidence of getting it back and feel mentally better off. :) Not really looking forward to tonight, im going to play the main and mini, maybe the side, but confidence is so low, not just in myself just at how bad im running even if i do get a good hand it feels like il still be beat. Still, il play, and play my best and thats all i can do, itl be fun :) Made a sizeable withdrawal about 2 days ago of well over £1k. After tonight il probably withdraw more (got trip, bills, other trip abroad to pay for etc) down to £999 and restart the challenge in my own time as I think il probably have some time off. Priorties.  Going to the pub for a sturdy meal now, hope the poker gods are with me tonight and I run and play well. 
    Posted by Wacko90
    Regardless of the mini blip you still made some serious bunce, up from £100 into the thousands in a few weeks, cant argue with that.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999.UKOPS SHOCKER. sd@@zsodjfh:
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999.UKOPS SHOCKER. sd@@zsodjfh : Regardless of the mini blip you still made some serious bunce, up from £100 into the thousands in a few weeks, cant argue with that.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Cheers ace mate, had second profitable night last night so cant complain :) hope the job is going well!
  • edited November 2012
    Okay brief update on last night. Main was dissapointing was about 15 off money in the end. Doubled up early on with AA vs KK. And didnt get a hand for the rest of the tourney. Once again I think I was a little UL. With 40 left I found A10 with 8BBs on button. Folded round so I shove, BB has a9 and snaps and I hold. Very next hand I get JJ. Min raise, same bloke shoves I snap. KK. I can I run this bad argh! So im down to nothing and soon exit after I shve my 33 into the same guys JJ. 

Side went really well until I made the money. Hit all sorts early on and was 1/14 (15 paid) with 10 heads ro soemthing. Then made 2 bad bluffs and suddenly im 8/11. Then a gross hand. Min 77 2 call. Flop AQ9. All check. Turn 7, I bet out, big stack re raises big. I almosty knew he had 99, but how can I fold here, shove in my 30k and yup 99. Turn was just so gross. Still cashed, and won like 500 quid almost in heads so made some good money. Was so dissapointed though.

I have withdrawn back to 999. Few reasons, have various things I have had to and need to pay for and Id rather pay for ti with poker winnings so. Withdrawn well over 2k in the past week so im happy. Challenge starts again today, from £999 :) Il be taking it slower now though, a little burnt out.

UKOPS summary. Awful week for me, but great week for sky. Only the main that didnt meet it Guarantee (which is really surprising IMO) but the money on offer was outstanding. The quality of the play was alot higher than normal too, there were no easy tables thats for sure. Hope this can be run maybe twice a year, or I hope there will once agian be the christmas UKOPS (Hopefully slightly longer and better than last year) and a proper easter UKOPS.

Lessons learnt. Being lazy and not focusing on sattelliteing in to the events. Amazing how many I bought into when I didnt need to. Dont play all in sats. The GF played like 5 of these, she won 2 (including last night where she got into the main on the first attempt for 2 quid). Quick story on that she really did get very unlucky. About 30 mins in shed lost 2k after some guy called her 3 bet pre with 87 off only to hit 1096. Some people. Anyway not long after she picked up 66, in a 3 bet pot for the flop to come 6510. Lovely, flat called a bet on flop, turn J, they get it in, JJ. How UL is that really. Also I need to improve. I felt like a right wally playing against some of the better players on the site. Outclassed many a time.

Great week for sky, very impressive set of events, long may it continue.
  • edited November 2012
    Registered for the 2pm BH. Feel better already :) already doing some reading to try and progress my game as much as it can. No point having potential if you dont utilise it.
  • edited November 2012
    Congrats on your win mate was a good heads up just noticed u got 18 heads is that some kind of record that is alot of heads 
  • edited November 2012
    "Also I need to improve. I felt like a right wally playing against some of the better players on the site. Outclassed many a time."

If you improve much more i start getting more monitors and playing much more games

GL with new challenge - not that you need it

Paul 
  • edited November 2012
    IDONK- Ty mate, wp on the HU, ul not to win it in the end :)

MP- Im serious, the standard was too good for me but hey, theres alot of room the get better so. I definitely feel that theres not alot of room in the game for really aggro players, unless theyre really really good like LJAMESL IH8PALACE etc. So thats what im aiming for :)
  • edited November 2012
    Slightly ironic, best week ever running up to ukops, worst week ever during UKOPS and then first day fater UKOPS I bink the mini.

Ran pretty well to be fair, was winning the flips that I couldnt win in ukops (88 vs ak, 2pair vs flushDR etc) and played some decent poker I think. Nice start to the week and nice restart to the challenge. Well played to IDONK who came second, played a good HU, fair play to him well done mate. The main didnt get going at all, basically bluffed my way through 2 hours and maintained my stack only to run into aces when I needed a double. No joy, ran into a few regs too, Kimpet being one, good bloke. 

Still havnt seen Bond yet, need to sort my life out.

Starting BR:£999

Current BR:£1162.26
  • edited November 2012
    So at the moment there hasnt been much to update. Havnt had much time to play and when I have nothing has happened, lacked motivation, most likely because I know I have better priorities at the moment. BR has been fluctuating between 800-1200£ the past week or so. I will probably get on the grind a little later and see what I can do if I feel motivated enough.

Went to see Bond on wednesday. Loved it. Daniel Craig is Bond. Hope hes back for a few more, these modern Bonds certainly top the old Bonds in almost every department IMO. Hope to get on the pokerzz later. Christmas coming up soon too, love this time of year.
  • edited November 2012
    sorry not read this for a while, thought u was on £4000 + - maybe update thread title with current BR

good luck anyway, with your BR at 1100 what mtt's you playing ?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph.:
    So at the moment there hasnt been much to update. Havnt had much time to play and when I have nothing has happened, lacked motivation, most likely because I know I have better priorities at the moment. BR has been fluctuating between 800-1200£ the past week or so. I will probably get on the grind a little later and see what I can do if I feel motivated enough. Went to see Bond on wednesday. Loved it. Daniel Craig is Bond. Hope hes back for a few more, these modern Bonds certainly top the old Bonds in almost every department IMO. Hope to get on the pokerzz later. Christmas coming up soon too, love this time of year.
    Posted by Wacko90

No doubt that daniel craig is the best bond for ages, but better than sean connery???!!! Your being ageist wacko!

glgl at the tables. Played cash yest and tonight and keep hitting, why couldnt i run this good when I wasnt working! Such is life.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph.:
    So at the moment there hasnt been much to update. Havnt had much time to play and when I have nothing has happened, lacked motivation, most likely because I know I have better priorities at the moment. BR has been fluctuating between 800-1200£ the past week or so. I will probably get on the grind a little later and see what I can do if I feel motivated enough. Went to see Bond on wednesday. Loved it. Daniel Craig is Bond. Hope hes back for a few more, these modern Bonds certainly top the old Bonds in almost every department IMO. Hope to get on the pokerzz later. Christmas coming up soon too, love this time of year.
    Posted by Wacko90
    I said pretty much the exact same thing in my diary after going to see Skyfall. He is now definitely the best bond imo (yes, even better than Connery).

Definitely enjoying the the Bond films more since Daniel Craig took over. Was always a big Bond fan from  when I was a kid, but lost interest with Die Another Day.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £999 to £9999.:
    sorry not read this for a while, thought u was on £4000 + - maybe update thread title with current BR good luck anyway, with your BR at 1100 what mtt's you playing ?
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah I withdrew etc etc :) Il put it one the title though. :) TBH I wasnt using the best BRM. Generally just playing 5 and 11 pound mtts though wiht the odd ME when I could which hasnt been much. Wel see though got a sl;ightly more motivating challenge now. :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph. :   No doubt that daniel craig is the best bond for ages, but better than sean connery???!!! Your being ageist wacko! glgl at the tables. Played cash yest and tonight and keep hitting, why couldnt i run this good when I wasnt working! Such is life.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Dont get me wrong, Connery was good, (Dalton was probs my fave, very underrated) but Craig just brings so much more to the role, hes believable. Plus its not all about the girl like it used to be, this latest film was one of the best yet. Shame about M dying though! 

Ahhhh always happens like that, your probably players better now your not playing so much!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph. : I said pretty much the exact same thing in my diary after going to see Skyfall. He is now definitely the best bond imo (yes, even better than Connery). Definitely enjoying the the Bond films more since Daniel Craig took over. Was always a big Bond fan from  when I was a kid, but lost interest with Die Another Day.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah I lost alot of interest too but Craig has brought my bond enthusiasm back. To be fair with the special effects that you can create these days theyre inevitably better. Lats one was a class above though. Cant wait for the next one. Bond.
  • edited November 2012
    Okay, so decided to spice things up a bit, first challenge went well so lets make it twice as hard, im on a pretty serious run bad atm, coupled with the fact I dont have much time to play, so this one wont be a quick one but still, should be fun. £50-£9999. Sounds ridiculous, is ridiculopus, I expect il able to give it a better crack over christmas time but hey wel see. 

New challenge new start, some BRM is needed here me thinks lolol. Or may just play 2 £22ers and see what happens :P wel see. Need some luck in this one though!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph. : Dont get me wrong, Connery was good, (Dalton was probs my fave, very underrated) but Craig just brings so much more to the role, hes believable. Plus its not all about the girl like it used to be, this latest film was one of the best yet. Shame about M dying though!  Ahhhh always happens like that, your probably players better now your not playing so much!
    Posted by Wacko90
    I've been having this argument with loads of people recently!! Everyone I speak to hates Timothy Dalton, I thought he was really good.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. UKOPS Overview- MINI triumph. : I've been having this argument with loads of people recently!! Everyone I speak to hates Timothy Dalton, I thought he was really good.
    Posted by Lambert180

TimmyD - you're having a laugh
    SC was always the best bond - have to admit though that DG is probably the new top dog

meanwhile glgl wacko on your new challenge

• edited November 2012
    lol yh youll need A LOTof luck ;-) so GL

connery all the way btw. to even suggest you think craig is better is v.ridic ;-) He isn't even 2nd best imo.
  • edited November 2012
    Okay going to do something impossible. £5 pound into £9999. Just want to make it interesting really, not just for myself. Il happily just reload to a 5er if I lose it, but il be trying my best to spin it up muhahaha! Settled on this now, time to get cracking!
  • edited November 2012
    Now now gents we all have an opinion ;) I must admit I like dr no, and goldfinger. But Craig is awesome, Connery is good dont get me wrong, but Craig takes everything Connery brought to the role but just does it a bit better. Skyfall was great really was, top villain too, would of liked to see him go a little bit more metal, but he was good! Anyway the Hobbit...;-)
  • edited November 2012
    1st attempt failed so trying again, the most ridiculous session of beats in one mtt. Trying again now :) 
  • edited November 2012
    £5 to £9999, is it possible? from a measly fiver.. no :P at least 100imo, even a good tourney player like your self will struggle at the micros, anyhoo gl mate.
  • edited November 2012
    I don't reckon the £50 to £9999 was that ridic, and dont think you'd need that much luck either, just alot of time. It wasn't that long ago GaryQQQ did £51 to £1051.... now Gary is a very good solid player, but you're just sick so if he could, you could.

£5 on the other hand is not so easy lol, but if you're happy to reload fivers, you only need 1 bink and you'll be off and probably never look back providing you stick to micros at first.
  • edited November 2012
    Great diary Wacko, but just one thing (tut tut), you should take out the "shame about....." Skyfall spoiler, or put a spoiler alert at the top of that post. I've seen the film (twice, it's even better the second time around) and thought it was superb, best Bond ever, but I expect quite a few who read this probably haven't got around to seeing it yet.

BTW it's not really £5 to £xxxx if you allow yourself to keep reloading, for that to be true you only get one chance, that's why I started at £51. My challenge finished when I either got to £0 or £1051, whichever came first. If you're on your second fiver it's already £10 to £xxxx, if you're allowed to reload as often as you want the £5 bit is essentially meaningless.

That's my whinging over :), fwiw I'm fully aware that you're a tournament beast, and I'm 100% certain you'll make a ton of money regardless of whether people like me nit-pick the rules!

gl all

• edited November 2012
    Will give a proper reply later to all im rushing a bit. I do agree though Gary, so atm its 10 pound not 5 :) could be 15 soon. On a side note iv deposited 55 for the 9pm BH. I love it, want to play it seperately to my challenge.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999. Is it possible!?:
    £5 to £9999, is it possible? from a measly fiver.. no :P at least 100imo, even a good tourney player like your self will struggle at the micros, anyhoo gl mate.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Ty mate :) was a fun battle with you in the 1000 jackpot freeroll! I always start off trying to get out then accumulate a stack somehow! Anyway was good fun your a tricky one ;)
  • edited November 2012
    I don't reckon the £50 to £9999 was that ridic, and dont think you'd need that much luck either, just alot of time. It wasn't that long ago GaryQQQ did £51 to £1051.... now Gary is a very good solid player, but you're just sick so if he could, you could. £5 on the other hand is not so easy lol, but if you're happy to reload fivers, you only need 1 bink and you'll be off and probably never look back providing you stick to micros at first.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Cheers Paul. Got off the mark today finally although with a fair few uni assignments coming up itl be slow progress unfortunatly. How is your challenge going? Il catch up with it tomorrow afters when im free :)
  • edited November 2012
    Great diary Wacko, but just one thing (tut tut), you should take out the "shame about....." Skyfall spoiler, or put a spoiler alert at the top of that post. I've seen the film (twice, it's even better the second time around) and thought it was superb, best Bond ever, but I expect quite a few who read this probably haven't got around to seeing it yet. BTW it's not really £5 to £xxxx if you allow yourself to keep reloading, for that to be true you only get one chance, that's why I started at £51. My challenge finished when I either got to £0 or £1051, whichever came first. If you're on your second fiver it's already £10 to £xxxx, if you're allowed to reload as often as you want the £5 bit is essentially meaningless. That's my whinging over :), fwiw I'm fully aware that you're a tournament beast, and I'm 100% certain you'll make a ton of money regardless of whether people like me nit-pick the rules! gl all
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Hi Gary, thanks very much. Your right on both occasions. I was just a little enthusiastic :P It really was up there with the best, obviously with the technology these days it was always going to be visually better but the plots are also alot more complex too. Love it.

And yes, I will note the amount of 5£ reloads I have done...just for you ;) lol but no your right in essence so thanks for bringing it up. Finally got a start today so hopefully itl continue! Any chance of another diary from you? 
  • edited November 2012
    OMG this is going to take 4ever

good luck )

If anyone can, Wacko can !!