You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR 2559.14!! Primo 2nd place. HOBBIT!!!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999.Current BR £29.11:
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999.Current BR £29.11 : why seriously brah it's serious business. sucks so hard to run bad in a singular tourny when you only win 35 out of the other 36 rofl.  don't get tilted coxy just because your title of sky tournament heaterer has gone :p
    Posted by beaneh
    When I see you have posted on a thread of mine and often other there is always a feeling of trepidation and excitement. I like your posts, straight to the point, say it how it is. Top work.
  • edited November 2012
    Wacko901800001£37.80 + £32.26 Head Prizes13 swindonkev02£22.95 + £8.43 Head Prizes4 ZOED03£16.20 + £3.66 Head Prizes3 tomred6404£13.50 + £13.57 Head Prizes10 TRUCKER0605£10.80 + £2.69 Head Prizes1
    result from 10:45 BH. Playing better.
  • edited November 2012
    I feel like coxys 'seriously' was a 30 page essay tbh.

the kids got dem issues. think he jelly of your skills yo
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR £547.42!! Binkkk:
    see,i just finish writing in my post about you... and you've won already.  lols well played Wacko...onwards and upwards. (* *)    $ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers Dev! So is your thread a diary now? Good work grinding the DYM's. I dont know how you too it, a day of playing them is enough to stop me playing altogether lol!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR £547.42!! Binkkk:
    I feel like coxys 'seriously' was a 30 page essay tbh. the kids got dem issues. think he jelly of your skills yo
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeah hes jel cos like hes like terrible compared to me right? O wait...
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999.Current BR £29.11 : Hi Wacko,    Could I ask a Q re the 58 hand.  You raise OTB with 58,  would you have folded to a raise?  And how big would that raise have to be?  OR is it very oppo dependent?   JUst curious... Enjoying the read BTW. pad
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glen, thanks bud. Okay so the hand in quesation, as Diablo pointed out I would fold to a re re raise off the flop purely because im obviously beating like nothing lol. However I assume you could be talking about pre on the button. I think im about 200bbs deep in the hand, im confident wiht my stack that I can make reads based on the player after the flop. Raising wide and being aggro isnt easy though, I generally cant pull it off and bluff off x amount before realising theyre better than me haha! But players like TommyD can do it with ease. 

Calling pre on the button 200BB deep is rare but il be calling wide if im deep. Im not a massive on for taking a long list of notes, it helps to play alot you start to know the players and can play them and the board texture.

For me my image helps me a little more than hinders, I do find it hard to bluff these days in the bigger tourneys against regs, then basically know my game and are better players and will spot patters in betting etc that wont be spotted in the lower BI mtts. However people just wont fold much in smaller mtts so I generally leave bluffing until near/in the money when people will be reluctant to call in certain spots.

So for me its all about finding the balance between playing the player, using position and the texture of the board. Of course there are alot of other factors too. Gone off on a rambling tangent here, really need to try focus my answers more instead of sounding a little dim witted lol. Not even sure I have answered your question, or even wrote anything useful haha!
  • edited November 2012
    do you just play cash wacko? anyway 90% of my play is and i have a real problem with tourneys, i can seem to close one down i keep getting second, 3rd or bust on the final table etc, same on stars, 888, etc as well as on here so give us a few of your final table tips mate, shortstack, medium stack and large stack basic strategies, if you are willing to divulge :)

Gl to your challenge, and if you fail, just do what coxy does go teach new players how to suck eggs for monies.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999.Current BR £29.11 : I do find it hard to bluff these days in the bigger tourneys against regs, then basically know my game and are better players and will spot patters in betting etc that wont be spotted in the lower BI mtts. However people just wont fold much in smaller mtts so I generally leave bluffing until near/in the money when people will be reluctant to call in certain spots. So for me its all about finding the balance between playing the player, using position and the texture of the board. Of course there are alot of other factors too. Gone off on a rambling tangent here, really need to try focus my answers more instead of sounding a little dim witted lol. Not even sure I have answered your question, or even wrote anything useful haha!
    Posted by Wacko90

Thanx for the detalied reply Wacko.  Yes you answered my Q.  I found the bold bit interesting & realise it's importance.  It's putting it into practice I find difficult sometimes. ;-(

p.s.  Like you I look forward to Beaneh's posts.  They ALWAYS make interesting reading,  I picture him grinding 40 x tables and YET having time to analyse & get right to the point, and post replies!  MBN.
  • edited November 2012
    Your a sick man, just read through whole thread... well throughout the day lol

Keep up the good work, maybe see you at tables soon if i ever get the passion back online...
  • edited November 2012
    Have read though all the posts in this thread and it's awesome. Thought i'd post to say keep it up and good luck grinding at the low stakes as i came across you today in a 5 quid or so bounty hunter i think.
  • edited November 2012
    Just wrote a long post, and obvs I got logged out, schoolboy. I have been playing, just had alot on at uni so only some of the mains. Poor BR management so im down to 370, not a problem :) out of main and mini already, actually regged at quarter past, lasted 15 mins, some disgusting lucks ent me packing in main and wiht it 2 heads, nothign you can do! Gonna grind some small ones tonight as a break from work and may tilt BI to 110 BH muhahah :) Il answer all Q's either tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance!
  • edited November 2012
    BRM = The Devil, when you bink every other tourney surely doesnt matter :)
  • edited November 2012
    do you just play cash wacko? anyway 90% of my play is and i have a real problem with tourneys, i can seem to close one down i keep getting second, 3rd or bust on the final table etc, same on stars, 888, etc as well as on here so give us a few of your final table tips mate, shortstack, medium stack and large stack basic strategies, if you are willing to divulge :) Gl to your challenge, and if you fail, just do what coxy does go teach new players how to suck eggs for monies.  
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Hi bud,

Il send you a pm later today :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. £5 to £9999.Current BR £29.11 : Thanx for the detalied reply Wacko.  Yes you answered my Q.  I found the bold bit interesting & realise it's importance.  It's putting it into practice I find difficult sometimes. ;-( p.s.  Like you I look forward to Beaneh's posts.  They ALWAYS make interesting reading,  I picture him grinding 40 x tables and YET having time to analyse & get right to the point, and post replies!  MBN.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glen, yes putting theories into practise are harder than they seem, you can never perfect it though, thats one beautiful thing about poker, you can never be perfect! And yes, what a man!
  • edited November 2012
    Have read though all the posts in this thread and it's awesome. Thought i'd post to say keep it up and good luck grinding at the low stakes as i came across you today in a 5 quid or so bounty hunter i think.
    Posted by FatBoy89
    Yeah I have seen you on a couple of tables recently, how are you finding the lower stake BH's?
  • edited November 2012
    BRM = The Devil, when you bink every other tourney surely doesnt matter :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Cheers John! Come back and play :P we miss you lol, hows the job? Ahhh but it is important to have it really hmm I dont really need it atm though :P
  • edited November 2012
    Just a little update on last night, was a little ridiculous really, played like 5-7 mtts, all but one I crashed and burned, managed 2nd in the 10pm 22£ BH. So such a strange tourney, cant believe how bad the standard is sometimes, got 2 people to call me off pre with a5 and aJ when I have JJ and I hold, they were 50+bbs deep. Managed to do the same in the main but they binked s;jrbgaipjregb!!!! But no, a decent finish to the night, was a little peed in this one too, just didnt think things would go my way but in the end it worked out fine. 

I got owned HU, we were even when it started, I didn't get one decent hand in fairness to myself, but it sorta went me raise he jam. Him raise me fold junk. Me raise he jam I fold. He raise I fold junk. Me fold junk. He raise, I 3 bet junk he shoves I fold. I raise he jam. He raise I fold. Then he limped a pot, I had 93ss and picked up str8 and FD on turn so jammed, and he had KK lolol GG me. But wp to the guy NH. Happy enough anyway I took a load of heads to ended up with nearly £300.

Oh and almost forgot to mention, managed to qualify for the superroller at the first attempt for £6. So was pretty pleased with the outcome of last night. Got called a c*** for knocking the bloke out on the bubble, not really necessary haha but it made me laugh, I only called his shove as I was chip leader and his attitude was annoying me, it showed at the end.

Decent night, joined the gym 2 days ago, I havnt got fat, I have put on a fair bit of weight since I came to uni though. I used to be 11 stone at about 6 foot 3 years ago, now Im 14 stone at the same height. I dont want to lose weight just tone up a bit, so joined and im really enjoying it, I used to be a sport freak who played alot of football and cricket but since uni I havnt done anything, so these aches are a welcome change :)

Current BR: £576.15
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR £547.42!! Binkkk : Cheers John! Come back and play :P we miss you lol, hows the job? Ahhh but it is important to have it really hmm I dont really need it atm though :P
    Posted by Wacko90
    Been back here and there this week mate :) just low mtt's & sit n gos at the mo with the odd satelite thrown in
  • edited November 2012
    Story of my month. 10 off the money in main. This one really hurts.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    toontoon24 Small blind  1250.00 1250.00 56570.00
    JIMMBOB Big blind  2500.00 3750.00 102567.50
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Wacko90 Raise  5000.00 8750.00 59315.00
    SHOGUNS Fold     
    HDDAN08 Fold     
    darsum333 Call  5000.00 13750.00 72717.75
    toontoon24 Fold     
    JIMMBOB Fold     
    Flop

• Q

Wacko90 Bet  10000.00 23750.00 49315.00
    darsum333 Call  10000.00 33750.00 62717.75
    Turn

Wacko90 All-in  49315.00 83065.00 0.00
    darsum333 Call  49315.00 132380.00 13402.75
    Wacko90 Show
    • K
    • K

darsum333 Show
    • K
    • Q

River

• Q

darsum333 Win Three Queens 132380.00  145782.75
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    Pretty sickening there mate, although ya can't fault him for playing it exactly as he did.
  • edited November 2012
    Cheers fellas, nothing on hoggers' bubble like, though it feels like it was basically a ft lost. Hey ho :)

Another poor night tonight, main didnt get going, mini didnt get going. Tried in both but just couldnt find the gruuuuuve so :) DTD was a massive failure too lol, doubled uop like 4th hand in the 1st one, so was lik4 500bb deep haha kept the momentum going for a good few hours was in top 10 for most of it then just fell flat at the end. Same sort of story in dtd 2 really and dtd 3 I didnt get past starting for 3 hours, quite an achievement ;)

So yeah, alot of work to do, going abroad for 4 days on Thursday and even more work to do. So not alot of time for poker, and to be quite truthful im glad. Im not feeling it atm, not even a little bit and its affecting my play. So il be happy to have time off, I dont have as much time as I want to grind which is annoying but then poker isnt everything.

So BR took another small dent, not really bothered about that its always up and down, iv got into a CBA mood with poker which is annoying. Anyways, not a problem, just been a nasty month which is fine, just seems like il always have too much to do to ever really grind the tables. Thats life :D

Current BR:£486.40

A long way to go, the amount im playing atm, it will be well into next year that this will be completed. If I had all day to grind, every day, Then I think January would of been a fair assessment. God im tired ;)

Night all.
  • edited November 2012
    Didnt play on sky today. In fact didnt plan on playing at all, gym this morning then shopping in town then work/watching harry potter (lol) meant I didnt have much time. However I did manage to have a small go on stars, played some of the bigger mtts and lost my flips, played a few smaller mtts and had success! Here is the result of one, never beaten a field this big before. 

PokerSt*rs Tournament #648794003, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $2.00/$0.50/$0.20 USD
    5922 players
    Total Prize Pool: $11844.00 USD 
    Tournament started 2012/11/27 17:15:00 WET [2012/11/27 12:15:00 ET]
    Tournament finished 2012/11/27 20:43:28 WET [2012/11/27 15:43:28 ET]
    1: Wacko92 (United Kingdom), $1856.39 (15.673%)
    2: boehnchen (Germany), $1379.82 (11.649%)
    3: DRAFTIE (United Kingdom), $977.13 (8.25%)
    4: Ace Zzang (South Korea), $669.18 (5.649%)
    5: almate56 (Romania), $503.37 (4.25%)
    6: HUMPHREY00 (Germany), $384.93 (3.25%)
    7: A. Shamykaev (Russia), $266.49 (2.25%)
    8: versulotti (Brazil), $148.05 (1.25%)
    9: iRaged (Finland), $94.75 (0.799%)
    10: akarrin (Australia), $70.47 (0.594%)

18 heads for 9$ too, huge bonus ;). Only last like 4 hours too, ran so well towards the end. Personally I think I played really well, managed to get to 600k ish from 3k, down to the last 30 odd then the blinds finally caught up with me. Eventually I shoved 5Bbbs with q 10, only for the BB to have KQ, and me bink the 10 on the river. Then, sat on about 500k, BB was like 120k I think, I shoved q8cc in late pos, only for ak to look me up, and flop to come Q108.

Went from strength from there, AA holding vs j6 then a few other holds. Eventually somehow got HU, about 9 million each, first hand had a2 q8x flop, I floated a bet, 2 on turn, floated again in pos, river 2, shoved and got snapped by q10. TYVM. Finished him next hand. Although I got a bit lucky towards the end, im happy with my play, dont think I made many wrong moves all game. ROI is pretty sick for a 2$ tourney :)

So yeah, not a bad night all in all ;) Very busy day tomorrow, got like 50 things to organise and plan, before im up at 5 on thursday morning for a flight to Poland :) lovely stuff, a good way to enter a break in Poker.
  • edited November 2012
    Your a sicko Wacko! Amazing bink over the other side!

Enjoy your trip to Poland

WP mate
  • edited November 2012
    Hi wacko

Many congrats. Great win. I love the way your wins are treated as so come day go day. I'd be soooo chuffed and on an adrenaline high, i think! 5000+ players in 4 hours seems very short...
     Played with you in dtd last night but you were in bullying mode after you caught str8 to ebberdons two pair early on. There was a big pot a little later where i had AA but bb went all-in on turn, i think, trying to rep the flush. When you overbet shoved i had to dump my aces but then couldn't get a hand to compete as another early big stake joined you. By the way you had the ace flush as seemed obvious at the time.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR £486.40!! Star Bink..!!:
    Your a sicko Wacko! Amazing bink over the other side! Enjoy your trip to Poland WP mate
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks very much mate! Glad youve taken your bubble in a positive way, very well done sir :)

Again, thanks :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR £486.40!! Star Bink..!!:
    Hi wacko Many congrats. Great win. I love the way your wins are treated as so come day go day. I'd be soooo chuffed and on an adrenaline high, i think! 5000+ players in 4 hours seems very short...  Played with you in dtd last night but you were in bullying mode after you caught str8 to ebberdons two pair early on. There was a big pot a little later where i had AA but bb went all-in on turn, i think, trying to rep the flush. When you overbet shoved i had to dump my aces but then couldn't get a hand to compete as another early big stake joined you. By the way you had the ace flush as seemed obvious at the time.
    Posted by profman15
    Cheers prof :) well I was chuffed and high on adrenaline a few hours back, calmed down now though and its just another normal night I guess :P Yes, pretty insane hand, if I remember rightly I flatted ebberdons raise pre with 35 on the button, flop came 467 and we got it in with him having 76! Crazy, I was very confident when one tabling of playing the table and sort of crushing, but then, suddenly, 5 other tables popped up from no where and my focus was divided :) 

Was a good game though, where did you end up in the end?
  • edited November 2012
    Hi W

Bit of an also ran this week, middle of table. Hooks were my downfall, i'm afraid. Had AQ v JJ AI  twice called ...couldn't hit...just standard for the stack sizes. When i had JJ w/ flop JXX. Opponent was all in with JX....(6% equity)...unfortunately runner runner diamonds gave him a flush. ..killer but it happens.
    PS why that avatar W? ha
  • edited November 2012
    Hi W Bit of an also ran this week, middle of table. Hooks were my downfall, i'm afraid. Had AQ v JJ AI  twice called ...couldn't hit...just standard for the stack sizes. When i had JJ w/ flop JXX. Opponent was all in with JX....(6% equity)...unfortunately runner runner diamonds gave him a flush. ..killer but it happens. PS why that avatar W? ha
    Posted by profman15
    yeah true, sh** happens : Why wacko? Well my last name is Watkin, and I knew I was a bit wack y and my play was a bit wack y so went with wacko. It was meant to be 92 (D.O.B) but I messed it up during my registration lol! Silly me :P
  • edited December 2012
    OK, can finally get the diary going again, uni work done for christmas now. Last week was a tough one, alot of work had to be done but it was finished in the end and now going to have a relaxing week before going home. Really gutted about missing Luton but never mind!

I actually played like 3 tournies in the past week (not including yesterday). Not on sky though, managed another bink across the water. Ended up final tabling the hot 55 turbo. I played about as well as I could, the final table was fairly crazy from my point of view and I feel hard done by so il give a little report here.

I got to final table in second place on around 800k chips I think, over 30bbs still. The chip leadfer was on over 1 million, and the rest were below 500k, most below 300k so short. It was basically a shove fest. Yet no one was calling any of the 7-10 BB shoves. The chip leader was incredibly infuriating. He was using his stack well (ish) raising most hands and literally he folded at least 20+ times to a 7-10 bb shove into his raise. I was dead as ever and with him raising alot I didnt have much to fight back with and slowly started dwindling.

Eventually I broke, q9 on the BB he min raised again to like 80k or something and I shove my 500k into him. First time id shoved on the ft, think there were about 8 or 7 left at this point. Obvs he snap calls. AA. WTF! Anyway board runs q729Q. MBN. SO I double to 1 mill and at break im 1/7 just. Bli9nds were like 30k/60k so people had like 5 BBs and still for 15 mins no one went out. Some bloke was on 10k at one point, barely an ante and still he clawed it back. And so it folded round to me in the SB, im sitting with k6cc, shove into the BB expecting a fold (only the second time I shove and he was uber tight) and he snaps 88. FFS HOW????? SO I lose that and am down to 300k and near last. I pick up q8cc utg. 5 bbs, I want FE for the next round, theyll fold A rags and k10s etc so I shove, snap re shove from tighty, allfold and he has KK. 

So essentially my FT last almost an hour, where 9 people had less than 20bbs and for the most 5bbs and only 3 went out. I shoved 3 times ion about 200+ hands. And ran into AA, 88 and KK. So I truly do count myself UL there. But thats the way it goes, 11k up top too and I came 6th for about 2.6k$. So cant complain one bit.

Played on sky last night, had a decent night came like 11th in the 9.30 BH for 70 odd then came 2nd in the 10pm 22£ bh for 200 odd so did okay. BR is at its highest since the start. Enjoy sky alot more anyway :)

Poland was fantastic as always, going back in Feb to ski, apparently its -20+ though.......hmmmm ;) should be great fun though. Expecting some good things today.