You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary, Challenge, Motivation.Challenge to £9999.Current BR 2559.14!! Primo 2nd place. HOBBIT!!!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I'd bet money you complete this before 2013 ! Even if you only play 3-4 nights a week, not sure what your plans are.  
    GL
  • edited October 2012
    Jeez, another good evening! Was break even until late in the session. Basically went one better in the 9.30pm 2k BH. Result....

Wacko90 580000 1 £391.50 + £110.64 Head Prizes 7
    alfarch30 0 2 £224.75 + £60.70 Head Prizes 7  
    Wurzelman 0 3 £152.25 + £25.55 Head Prizes 4  
    bigzeus 0 4 £116 + £103.10 Head Prizes 14  
    TheGolfer4 0 5 £101.50 + £18.10 Head Prizes 3  

Again pretty happy with how I played, I was distracted for quite alot of it (sat in the living room playing fifa) but focused on the last hour when it really mattered and it paid off. Had a few nice hands on the ft or more like nice spots to push me up. Finishing hand was a 3 way all in (a3-a9-QQ). I had the Q and it held :) wont be on much tomorrow as im busy with other things, got cricket nets quite late and football mid afternoon so wont really have a window to grind. Wel see, another good day. This really is a steep target but this is a good start to getting there.

Current BR:£1504.83

Target:£9999

• edited October 2012
    this is too sick.
  • edited October 2012

congratulations wacko.....

A BRILLIANT ACHIEVEMENT,WELL PLAYED!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW CHALLENGE!!!

(* *)
                     ^
    DEV

• edited October 2012
    Wacko rewriting the saying, cash for doe tournies for show.......

If you carry on like this youll end up hitting 10k either before the end of the year or just into 2013!

Sick.
  • edited October 2012
    Bink the jackpot tonight and its game over.
  • edited October 2012
    When will it end? Superb result last night, well played.
  • edited October 2012

Bloody luckbox!!

Most impressed, keep going mate but take a break when you need one. You will know when that will be! Oh, and stay off my tables please :)
  • edited October 2012
    Oh to be good enough to play FIFA at the same time as winning a shade over £500 in a poker tournament!

Glad to see you've taken on the £999 to £9999 challenge and look forward to reading the updates. I said in an earlier post you could probably do it in a month and I was only part-joking.

I have no doubt you could do it by the end of the year though and wish you every success!!
  • edited October 2012
    this guy is the ElkY of sky

unbelievable progress, congrats!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. Challenge to £999. COMPLETED.:
    In Response to Re: Diary,hi wacko Challenge, Motivation. Challenge to £999. COMPLETED. : Thanks Geldy. Yeah I follwed your challenge, bad luck, any chance of you starting another one soon?
    Posted by Wacko90
    hi wacko - another secret stalker eh. as a thread poster you never know if anyone is really paying attention.

no public challenge for the moment - still trying to turn my mtt downswing around - last challenge helped me stabilise it, but looking forward to giving it a good kick up the a.r.s.e. which if i'm lucky will happen during UKOPS - but happy to do it in private.

gl with your challenge - truly great to see such a run good / play good.
  • edited October 2012
    Okay quick update as im knackered. Spewed off a bit on sats and what not again, need to sort this out really do. Anyway bought into primo and mini and did well in main. Happy especially as I was literally so so so so so so so dead for like 3 hours and eventually got a little ul on the river to go out although I was lucky to be ahead with a lucky turn card. So yeah, 5th or 6th primo FT now, I like this tourney :)

Cant open tourney Lobby. But came 6th for £675. Happy again.

Current BR:£2006.08

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. Another bink....:
    this guy is the ElkY of sky unbelievable progress, congrats!
    Posted by NColley
    Thanks very much :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. Challenge to £999. COMPLETED.:
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. Challenge to £999. COMPLETED. : hi wacko - another secret stalker eh. as a thread poster you never know if anyone is really paying attention. no public challenge for the moment - still trying to turn my mtt downswing around - last challenge helped me stabilise it, but looking forward to giving it a good kick up the a.r.s.e. which if i'm lucky will happen during UKOPS - but happy to do it in private. gl with your challenge - truly great to see such a run good / play good.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah UKOPS will be a good opportunity for you to hone your MTT skills. The tournies will be good value too. Thanks for taking the time to post :)
  • edited October 2012
    Off to a cracking start again Wacko.  Good luck in this, i'm sure it will be as enjoyable to read as your first one, if not more so.  At least it should last a little bit longer, well maybe ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Truly amazing start !

You make it look easy

good luck
  • edited October 2012
    Wacko, slow down! Its getting to the stage where we cant keep up!

This has to be the sickest challenge/diary thread ive seen. I recogn with your thought processes you have the makings of a very sucessful city trader. 
  • edited October 2012
    Wow Wacko... let's not forget that you had £100 about 7 days ago!! lol.
  • edited October 2012
    Just read through all your posts Wacko and what a story it is onwards and upwards as they say.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. PRIMO semi bink...:
    Off to a cracking start again Wacko.  Good luck in th is, i'm sure it will be as enjoyable to read as your first one, if not more so.  At least it should last a little bit longer, well maybe ; )
    Posted by Dagnamit
    Thanks very much :) It will last longer I can guarantee that, going to have a fair few losing/bad days soon enough so :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. PRIMO semi bink...:
    Truly amazing start ! You make it look easy good luck
    Posted by rancid
    Cheers bud! Following your thread too dont worry, youve done great, keep it up. Its not easy but it helps when your lucky ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Wacko, slow down! Its getting to the stage where we cant keep up! This has to be the sickest challenge/diary thread ive seen. I recogn with your thought processes you have the makings of a very sucessful city trader. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    haha cheers ace. Really didnt expect to start this well in just a week. It will slow donw though, I wont be putting the same volume in for starters for the next few weeks plus Il be having losing days etc so. But its a good start Il admit to that! ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Wow Wacko... let's not forget that you had £100 about 7 days ago!! lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Seems like weeks ago. Is kinda cool when I think about it though ;) Keep going with your grinding, you really will crack it soon.
  • edited October 2012
    Just got in from uni. may play the 3pm BH. Il see got a bit of work to do which is rather boring and involves reading a rather complex journal on magnetostratigraphy and one on Glacio-euology. Lovely! So may play it on the side and just relax till later.
  • edited October 2012
    Finished for the day and probably the next few days. Variance wasnt nice to me at all today (about time I hear you say!) but still ended up a few quid up and managed to qualify for UKOPS 2. To be honest was due a couple of nasty beats, character building FTW!

Was in a strange situation in the main. First of all the structure is insane! Loved that side of it but really was dead. But usually I find I can combat this by being SENSIBLY AGGRESSIVE but today my table was full of top 20 stacks who wouldnt fold 27 if I bet every street. So this would of been good if i picked up a few hands right? Yeah no. Couple of hours in was on 4k or something, about twenty off the cash pick up KK, lovely, raise, get calls, jd7s2s flop get it in vs top pair and flush draw I was never going to hold really was I? Anyhow, made me chuckle :)

BOND. Definitely think Daniel Craig is one of the best there has ever been. Personally theres only one I have enjoyed better. Cant watch it until a week on wednesday though as im home in lovely Hull for the weekend for a cricket presentation and to see a few mates. And family of course. Wont be missing the UKOPS on Sunday though. Will try my hardest to sattellite in, iv never really been a fan of buying in to these big events. Wel see.

Day off tomorrow, got work to do then out from about 6 till god knows when. Loving Pastwalsh' post on happiness. Very well written, fairly sure it's a 65 year old writing the blogs and him writing the rest ;) Good work.
    Think thats 8 profitable days in a row now, ecstatic doesnt cover it :D

Current BR:£2009.83

Night all

Dave
  • edited October 2012
    Finished for the day and probably the next few days. Variance wasnt nice to me at all today (about time I hear you say!) but still ended up a few quid up and managed to qualify for UKOPS 2. To be honest was due a couple of nasty beats, character building FTW! Was in a strange situation in the main. First of all the structure is insane! Loved that side of it but really was dead. But usually I find I can combat this by being SENSIBLY AGGRESSIVE  but today my table was full of top 20 stacks who wouldnt fold 27 if I bet every street. So this would of been good if i picked up a few hands right? Yeah no. Couple of hours in was on 4k or something, about twenty off the cash pick up KK, lovely, raise, get calls, jd7s2s flop get it in vs top pair and flush draw I was never going to hold really was I? Anyhow, made me chuckle :) BOND. Definitely think Daniel Craig is one of the best there has ever been. Personally theres only one I have enjoyed better. Cant watch it until a week on wednesday though as im home in lovely Hull for the weekend for a cricket presentation and to see a few mates. And family of course. Wont be missing the UKOPS on Sunday though. Will try my hardest to sattellite in, iv never really been a fan of buying in to these big events. Wel see. Day off tomorrow, got work to do then out from about 6 till god knows when. Loving Pastwalsh' post on happiness. Very well written, fairly sure it's a 65 year old writing the blogs and him writing the rest ;) Good work. Night all
    Posted by Wacko90
    typo right??? :)

minor setback....the fact that variance is against you and you still finish a few quid up says it all m8, you will nail this challenge.

Gl
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. PRIMO semi bink... : typo right??? :) minor setback....the fact that variance is against you and you still finish a few quid up says it all m8, you will nail this challenge. Gl
    Posted by waller02
    Now now ;) I know your probably messing but it really isn't so bad :) plus I'm actually from a village about 10 miles out I just always say I'm from hull. Still, thanks mate we shall see z:)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Diary, Challenge, Motivation. NEW CHALLENGE. £999 to £9999. PRIMO semi bink... : Now now ;) I know your probably messing but it really isn't so bad :) plus I'm actually from a village about 10 miles out I just always say I'm from hull. Still, thanks mate we shall see z:)
    Posted by Wacko90
    yeah i know where you live and i was only messing(ish).....i'm from just over the better side of the bridge ;)
  • edited October 2012
    hi,

how many tornies do you play a night?

Thanks
  • edited October 2012
    You make me sick Wacko ;)

Well done so far, have no doubt you'll do the 10K no problem too, now when are you going to give me that coaching we talked about :)