You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ramblings of an old man

Comments

• edited September 2014

".....Left with 31k at 15000/30000 I'm rather pleased to ladder to 4th when there's a needless clash between two middling stacks...."

Ego, testosterone & mindless stupidity has remarkable side-effects for others at the table!

Well done Paul.

• edited September 2014
    Had a little double act on my table last night.

Little "got me first gamblers anonymous meeting tomorrow"
    Large "what time mate?"
    Little "Twenty five to one. Busy tomorrow morning, it's a long shot I'll make it in time"
  • edited September 2014
    Don't need to read a book to help me stop tilting. I've found the answer to my problems. From now on I'm not playing pocket 10's. Simple
    Maybe should add Aces to that list ;)
    On bubble of main I 3bet shoved that troublesome pair. 2 callers and Q turn and Q river gave AQ a better hand :(
    But... someone bust out somewhere else same hand and had less chips. Min cash Jac :)

Dyms have been a pain in the arsee tonight. Won half my games and so rake was the big winner. Wasn't playing well and so decided to drop the £30's for the night. Oddly, there were hardly any £22's running and the £15's rarely run. Decided to play a few £5 and £10 games to work on stuff (like folding pocket 10's pre)

In the end I decided to 'book the loss'

TimmyRaRa might be annoying to play at Dyms but he's my hero right now. Made my first Sky Premiership cash mainly thanks to him :)
    Off work this week. Doing thrilling stuff like painting fences. Managed to get out for a quick knock today. Played so so. That's reminded me.
    Apologies to Stuarty. I had a lot of games on the go and chatting at the table was just a bit too much for an old bloke like me.
    Picked up my new car yesterday. Love it. Deliberating on whether to take it for a run up to Blackburn tomorrow night to watch the Mighty Rams. Could even drop in on the Broms if I go and maybe borrow some of their rungood. :)
  • edited September 2014
    Hello lovely poker peeps
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man:
    Hello lovely poker peeps
    Posted by Jac35
     Been on the pop again?
  • edited September 2014
    Been a busy week off.
    Jobs
    Golf
    Drink

Not left much time for poker. The few times I've played it's gone pretty well. I was going to play a big session tonight. Played a £3.60 sat, no good. I regged 5 Dyms, 3 £10 and 2 £15's. Did my usual and lost the first one but won the other 4. Gave me a quick £30 profit and I just thought "sod it, can't be bothered to play anymore" £30 a day will do me nicely. Still a bit of a poor show from me though. Things gave gone okayish this month and I've won about half the cost of me new teeth. Should have put more volume in really, especially with having this week off. Only up to 2440 points which is quite lazy.
    Didn't manage to get up to Blackburn which was a shame. From the reports that I heard, we were back to last seasons form.
    Harry got fully discharged today. We went back for the follow up appointment and they were happy with him. We then took him to Carsingon Reservoir and he had a go on a swing for the first time. We recorded it and it was lovely. 

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man :  Been on the pop again?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Stone sober for once!

How's the head Mick? Recovery going to plan I hope?
  • edited September 2014
    Been a busy week off. Jobs Golf Drink Not left much time for poker. The few times I've played it's gone pretty well. I was going to play a big session tonight. I regged 5 Dyms, 3 £10 and 2 £15's. Did my usual and lost the first one but won the other 4. Gave me a quick £30 profit and I just thought "sod it, can't be bothered to play anymore" £30 a day will do me nicely. Still a bit of a poor show from me though. Things gave gone okayish this month and I've won about half the cost of me new teeth. Should have put more volume in really, especially with having this week off. Only up to 2440 points which is quite lazy. . Didn't manage to get up to Blackburn which was a shame. From the reports that I heard, we were back to last seasons form. . Harry got fully discharged today. We went back for the follow up appointment and they were happy with him. We then took him to Carsingon Reservoir and he had a go on a swing for the first time. We recorded it and it was lovely. 
    Posted by Jac35

Great news about Harry, what a relief that must be.
  • edited September 2014
    Well that was pleasant.

Got bored of my book and regged 3 more Dyms £10, £15 and a £20 and joined a 20nl cash table.

Ran great (sorry bbmike) in the Dyms and won em all. Made £14 at cash.

Brag over

Thanks Tony
    We were confident that he was fine but if was nice to get it confirmed.
    We had an interesting conversation with the consultant. Ever since he was born we've had an 'angel monitor'. It detects breathing and movement. The consultant tried really hard to persuade us to stop using it and offered us counselling. No chance were we going to agree to remove it. I asked the consultant why she was so keen for us to take it away. She said that it was so that we could relax and get some sleep. We were baffled. The monitor is the reason we do get sleep. We trust that it will alert us if there are any problems. Take it away from us and we'd be nervous wrecks again. Obviousky it has to go at some stage but right now it's a huge comfort.
    I found it interesting when we spoke to a different consultant last time. He said that he didn't agree with them as they could go off and unnecessarily worry the parents. Later on though he said that they were given to parents who had previously suffered a cot death with a baby.

All a bit contradictory. I think trying to get inside the heads of parents is always going to be very difficult. What may suit one couple would be wrong for another. Probably best left to the parents to decide i think.
    They were absolutely wonderful with us though.
  • edited September 2014
    Won my first 5 DYMs tonight, then I bump into you and promptly lose the next 5!

Sort it out Jac.

Good to hear things settling down at home.
  • edited September 2014
    Don't need to read a book to help me stop tilting. I've found the answer to my problems. From now on I'm not playing pocket 10's. Simple .. Maybe should add Aces to that list ;) On bubble of main I 3bet shoved that troublesome pair. 2 callers and Q turn and Q river gave AQ a better hand :( But... someone bust out somewhere else same hand and had less chips. Min cash Jac :) Dyms have been a pain in the arsee tonight. Won half my games and so rake was the big winner. Wasn't playing well and so decided to drop the £30's for the night. Oddly, there were hardly any £22's running and the £15's rarely run. Decided to play a few £5 and £10 games to work on stuff (like folding pocket 10's pre) In the end I decided to 'book the loss' TimmyRaRa might be annoying to play at Dyms but he's my hero right now. Made my first Sky Premiership cash mainly thanks to him :) ... Off work this week. Doing thrilling stuff like painting fences. Managed to get out for a quick knock today. Played so so. That's reminded me. Apologies to Stuarty. I had a lot of games on the go and chatting at the table was just a bit too much for an old bloke like me. ... Picked up my new car yesterday. Love it. Deliberating on whether to take it for a run up to Blackburn tomorrow night to watch the Mighty Rams. Could even drop in on the Broms if I go and maybe borrow some of their rungood. :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Stay away :(
  • edited September 2014
    Been a busy week off. Jobs Golf Drink Not left much time for poker. The few times I've played it's gone pretty well. I was going to play a big session tonight. Played a £3.60 sat, no good. I regged 5 Dyms, 3 £10 and 2 £15's. Did my usual and lost the first one but won the other 4. Gave me a quick £30 profit and I just thought "sod it, can't be bothered to play anymore" £30 a day will do me nicely. Still a bit of a poor show from me though. Things gave gone okayish this month and I've won about half the cost of me new teeth. Should have put more volume in really, especially with having this week off. Only up to 2440 points which is quite lazy. . Didn't manage to get up to Blackburn which was a shame. From the reports that I heard, we were back to last seasons form. . Harry got fully discharged today. We went back for the follow up appointment and they were happy with him. We then took him to Carsingon Reservoir and he had a go on a swing for the first time. We recorded it and it was lovely. 
    Posted by Jac35

Great news about young Harry.
    See you in a few weeks looking forward to it pal.

• edited September 2014
    Hello lovely poker peeps
    Posted by Jac35
    Seriously considering nominating you for TOTP, for the most blatant bumpage of a thread ever.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Great news about young Harry. See you in a few weeks looking forward to it pal.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Well batted last night old bean
    Nice cash
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : Well batted last night old bean Nice cash
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks fella been a pretty good weekend
  • edited September 2014
    Maintained my record of never having won a sat for the roller. Me and sats don't get on. I keep saying it and I keep playing them. I'm a very silly boy. Failed in my standard sat manner, Aces into 3rd pair making trips on river :(

Ran horribly in Dyms tonight. In all fairness, I was due. They've been very kind to me over the last week.

Luckily cash was different. Played 3 tables for a short while at 50nl and won around a buy in on each one.
    Got me last one running right now. A £15. Win that and I'm up £20 got the night. Lose it and it's still a result given where I was at one point this evening.
    Back to work tomorrow :(
    Slowly finding some form with my golf. 76 yesterday. Just a knock of yellows so short course but still happy.
    Right book for an hour and then the small matter of winning the European Cup Final v Juve at Fifa. Derby have a bloke called Jackson up front who's scored loads this season :)
    Right, bubble time. Phew! Just got a shove with 10 2 through. :) hanging on. Wish me luck

Edit. Busto :(

• edited September 2014
    FAO of MrsDuck

Dental Plan Mark 2 update

It's gone pretty well this month. 
    My main game, the Dyms, have been up and down so far. Up around £90 I think
    Cashed for around £180 in a mtt at the start of the month on here. Last Sunday won £292 live.
    For once cash has gone really well on here. Not played much but nearly all winning sessions.
    Throw in a bit of Rakeback and some Sky Premiership money (I lump everything in and count it as winnings :) )and I'm up £822 so far.
    Not quite got there but a decent chunk of it.
  • edited September 2014
    FAO of MrsDuck Dental Plan Mark 2 update It's gone pretty well this month.  My main game, the Dyms, have been up and down so far. Up around £90 I think Cashed for around £180 in a mtt at the start of the month on here. Last Sunday won £292 live. For once cash has gone really well on here. Not played much but nearly all winning sessions. Throw in a bit of Rakeback and some Sky Premiership money (I lump everything in and count it as winnings :) )and I'm up £822 so far. Not quite got there but a decent chunk of it.
    Posted by Jac35
    How much do you need altogether for the teeth?! :S
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Jac,
    Have you tried the turbo DYMs?
    1000 chips, 2 min blinds.
    Horrible things if you are a nit like me.
    Accidently registered for a few when quickly checking the lobby between hands.
    Shove or fold comes around very quickly.

I must pay more attention to the lobby in future.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ramblings of an old man : How much do you need altogether for the teeth?! :S
    Posted by mrsduck
    Total bill £1509 :(
    Already paid £370 back on Tuesday.
    Harry is never ever going to be allowed near fizzy drinks! 
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Jac, Have you tried the turbo DYMs? 1000 chips, 2 min blinds. Horrible things if you are a nit like me. Accidently registered for a few when quickly checking the lobby between hands. Shove or fold comes around very quickly. I must pay more attention to the lobby in future.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Hi Dragon

Haven't tried them. Can see how you could register by mistake. Nearly done it a couple of times myself. Can't see a way if filtering them out unfortunately. Not really interested in them tbh
  • edited September 2014
    no comprendo paul
    isn't dym play similar to sats?
  • edited September 2014
    £1509?!!?  You going to be doing toothpaste ads with Ryan?!
  • edited September 2014
    £1509?!!?  You going to be doing toothpaste ads with Ryan?!
    Posted by bbMike

Root canal, 2 crowns and some fillings

:(
  • edited September 2014
    no comprendo paul isn't dym play similar to sats?
    Posted by GELDY
    I know, it's weird.
    I used to do really well at sats but over the last few months they've been awful
  • edited September 2014
    Jac the Sat King!

Well not quite. Bubbled the seat for the main tonight but got £26.40 so it's a start. Took the cash after pre regging it as I'm thinking of drinking plenty tonight.
    Still crapp at Dyms though. Won 1 out of 3

Thinking I might quit for the night £1.30 up plus rake :)

Slightly more importantly, Ireland is a definite YES now. I've been sweating it for a while. Kept being told by work it wouldn't be a problem moving my days off around but can never be sure with them. Big bossman said 'yes' today which is nice considering that I've already paid for my flights and accommodation :)
  • edited September 2014
    Sorry Sky but the new tablet app is not good right now. I'm sure it will be improved but at the moment it's about as unuser friendly as you can get. After a session I like to look in on who's doing well in the main etc. 10 times harder to do it on the iPad than it was before.
    On the plus side I've drunk  plenty tonight and feel a little tipsy.
  • edited September 2014
    Played the £12 sat into the £55BH tonight, was a very good standard I felt especially late and on the bubble. GELDY was unluckly at the end a couple of times, then threw his last few chips from the SB with 77 into my AA.  However he cashed for £22 there and I took £18.75 from the seat a couple of hours later, so who's the winner there?!

Only tried the app once, took myself to the pub in the work lunch break and played some cash. Poor connection timed me out of a 3-bet pot in which I had the betting lead, saved me a few quid as I was about to barrel off into Lambert's set lol. Where there are swings you normally find roundabouts.
  • edited September 2014
    Slightly more importantly, Ireland is a definite YES now. I've been sweating it for a while. Kept being told by work it wouldn't be a problem moving my days off around but can never be sure with them. Big bossman said 'yes' today which is nice considering that I've already paid for my flights and accommodation :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Poker is so much sweeter when the rungood arrives in the most useful spots... much better than rearing it's head in a few small buy in DYMs.
  • edited September 2014
    Played the £12 sat into the £55BH tonight, was a very good standard I felt especially late and on the bubble. GELDY was unluckly at the end a couple of times, then threw his last few chips from the SB with 77 into my AA.  However he cashed for £22 there and I took £18.75 from the seat a couple of hours later, so who's the winner there?! Only tried the app once, took myself to the pub in the work lunch break and played some cash. Poor connection timed me out of a 3-bet pot in which I had the betting lead, saved me a few quid as I was about to barrel off into Lambert's set lol. Where there are swings you normally find roundabouts.
    Posted by bbMike
    only cracked AA once last night - wish it could have been then - nothing personal ofc and as you say at least it was cash!

agree with difficulty playing on mobile Jac. with the browser you can't see how many prizes there are & you can't ask anyone on chat :-(