You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: An insight into heads up grinding:
    Hi benc, not posted here b4 as i've no idea about this game u play. great results from what i've read though,so well played buddy,you obviously i'm guessing anyway must enjoy playing them, and certainly your roi is very good. just a question,i noticed you seem to play relatively short sessions,about an hour or so typically. have you found this to be your optimal strategy or is it something you have always done,maybe because it is all the time you can spare for playing? the reason i'm asking is because although this is an area i've never really looked into,as yet anyway,it is a fact that as i am getting on a bit now (54 this year...aaagh),and like it or not,it's not getting any easier playing 4/6/8 hour sessions,well optimally anyway,so the possibility of playing 'timed sessions' could be something for me to think about,i feel. thanks in advance. 'be lucky' :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi devonfish, I do really enjoy playing Heads up poker ever since i really started playing on sky. I think the idea of being constantly involved in the action and being able to hone in on one invididual are the main reasons i started playing regularly.

In answer to your question the reason i have started to play short sessions lately is a result of having alot of coursework to do. I'm unsure as to how beneifical it would be long term as it has only been over a short space of time, although i can see the benefits as i seem to be playing my A or B game for a shorter time rather than my C-D game for a sustained period of time. However i'm sure there are times you can be playng brilliantly for like 3-4 hours at a time so you may be missing out on profit by not prolonging the sessions you feel your playing well.

I think just finding time for a break every couple of hours is the best way of going if you play long periods alot, like 10 minutes just to get some fresh air and relax. I think that is the approach i would usually take if i was playing many hours at a time.

Good luck at the tables, your cash challenge has started well on the other site so hopefully can keep it up.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: An insight into heads up grinding : Hi devonfish, I do really enjoy playing Heads up poker ever since i really started playing on sky. I think the idea of being constantly involved in the action and being able to hone in on one invididual are the main reasons i started playing regularly. In answer to your question the reason i have started to play short sessions lately is a result of having alot of coursework to do. I'm unsure as to how beneifical it would be long term as it has only been over a short space of time, although i can see the benefits as i seem to be playing my A or B game for a shorter time rather than my C-D game for a sustained period of time. However i'm sure there are times you can be playng brilliantly for like 3-4 hours at a time so you may be missing out on profit by not prolonging the sessions you feel your playing well. I think just finding time for a break every couple of hours is the best way of going if you play long periods alot, like 10 minutes just to get some fresh air and relax. I think that is the approach i would usually take if i was playing many hours at a time. Good luck at the tables, your cash challenge has started well on the other site so hopefully can keep it up.
    Posted by benc
    thanks benc,
    yes,i'm sure u r right that playing shorter sessions with your A/B game is better than longer ones where C/D game could well creep in.
    guess it's all about finding the right balance.
    i'll experiment with it this month.i'll play some 2 hr sessions first i think and see how that goes.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Just played a quick 5.25 and 1.05 hyper on my gfs samsung tablet as wanted to see if it worked and how it felt was fun, lost the 5.25 and won the 1.05 will update properly later or when i next play in terms of profit etc. It has made me want to invest in one now, played it on puffin broswer and worked fine.
  • edited March 2013
    Planned on playing some mastercash at 10nl so only 1 tabled tonight as was going to play 1cash table and 1HU but was on the waiting list for awhile then gave up. I decided to play some 10.50s as i had a good week didn't start off well played someone whose name i didnt recognize who would raise to 6x pre every hand so i decided best way to combat that was to be patient jam over the top fairly light, didn't work out to well i got it in ahead all 3 times but all like 60-40 type situations which i lost each time.

Anyone have any advice as how they would adapt to a player like that? his stack offs were all pretty poor so i'm guessing he was just willing to gamble with almost every hand, is it best to just go with the jam or fold strategy? anyway so i played a £21 after them 3 games and lost another 60-40, before winning the rematch and then winning 3 £10.50s in a row to breakeven for stepping up so ended up ok. I wasn't too fussed about climbing up as i had the weeks profit behind me and would of stopped if had lost 3 of them in a row as well. Ended up with a loss but nothing major and it could of been alot worse.

So for the week i made 3 figures which i'm really happy about, i have withdrawn £70 which probably just about covers the cost of all the alcohol and pizza i got through yesterday evening lol So summary of the session and week total below:

Today:
    Time: 1 hour
    Stakes/game: £5.25, £10.50, £21
    Total games: 17
    Profit/loss: -£5.06

Day Total:
    -£5.06

Total Hours:
    9hours

24/02/13 +: Week Total: £104    

Total Games Played:

Week Roi: 12.1%
  • edited March 2013
    Handed my assignment in today after spending most of yesterday in the library, although the discovery that google can cite all my journals in APA this year has made what is arguably the worst part much more bearable, no hand ins for month and a half now so despite having loads to get on with i will no doubt be on the tables alot and having the classic mad rush of getitng work done.

In terms of poker i didn't play yesterday, today i have played 13 hypers at £10.50 level, 1 of which was at half 1 last night when i finished referencing probably not the best idea. The rest were just now and 1 tabling, scope tells me i'm up £3.52 overall so i must of won 1 more than i lost, was rather swingy started badly, down about £30 i think, then got up to about +25 then back down to pretty much breaking even.

Also noticed i have a gold star now on scope which i was baffled about, turns out its for count which means number of games played this year ,which i really dont think is worthy of a star more just a badge that represents the fact i play poker way to much. Hoping to play some mastercash later at 10nl as that is the cash game i'm most used too after playing a fair bit in the summer and in our live games when we i'm at home, although sometimes the live game is as deep as 500bb which is fun, extend mastercash to that deep... lol. So yeah watching what will hopefully be a good game between man u and madrid and donking around on mastercash is probably the plan for later if anyone fancies some easy money.
  • edited March 2013
    Had a fun half hour 40mins two tabling 10nl, playing most hands and being viewed as the table maniac moaned at for terrible play etc etc lol I'm having a break for a bit to have din and stuff will most likely be on later here is some advertising if anyone of you want some easy money....

Standard flat pre flop flat for 5x with the brunson (noone folds that hand in cash right?) then an even better flat to the 3bet, clearly getting the right implied odds/pot odds/donking odds/ im a calling station odds/.. so after playing pre flop like a hero i decide that he was definetly going for a steal preflop, will never have the 5 and i'm playing terribly so he will think i have hit the 5.. ALL IN!, showing the brunson is always a proud moment even if you get stacked.
    benc Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £20.48
    x
    Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £35.33
      Your hole cards

x
    Raise   £0.50 £0.65 £19.76
    x
    Fold        
    x
    Call   £0.50 £1.15 £29.62
    benc Call   £0.45 £1.60 £20.03
    x
    Raise   £2.00 £3.60 £33.33
    x
    Fold        
    x
    Call   £1.60 £5.20 £28.02
    benc Call   £1.60 £6.80 £18.43
    Flop

benc Check        
    x
    Bet   £5.10 £11.90 £28.23
    x
    Fold        
    benc All-in   £18.43 £30.33 £0.00
    x
    Fold        
    benc Show

benc Win   £15.72   £15.72
    benc Return   £13.33 £1.28 £29.05
  • edited March 2013
    5 bet bluffing a reg at 10nl, i didn't think it was actually possible. He must have notes on me being very agg/bad from the summer ..would love to know what he folded..
    x
    Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £34.44
    x
    Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
      Your hole cards

x
    Fold        
    x
    Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £24.19
    x
    Fold        
    benc Raise   £1.30 £1.85 £19.98
    x
    Fold        
    x
    Fold        
    x
    Raise   £3.60 £5.45 £20.59
    benc All-in   £19.98 £25.43 £0.00
    x
    Fold        
    benc Muck        
    benc Win   £8.15   £8.15
    benc Return   £17.28 £0.00 £25.43
  • edited March 2013
    Despite the two clearly very profitable long term examples of how to play cash poker i managed to show a loss on the two tables, still it's good fun and i'm already looking foward to playing again later.
  • edited March 2013
    Just finished another session 1 tabling 10nl mastercash went well ended up +£14 despite getting it in against pocket ks pre for 200bs for the second time today, so that probably meant i ended the day around breakeven on the mastercash but was good fun especially the second session as there was alot of action. Had about 14 games on hypers after dinner but before sitting down on cash which went really well, run incredibly good including a couple of pretty bad suckouts against a good player who i would probably avoid if i had checked the lobby. But ended up around +£65 due to that mini heater, so all in all a decent day considering i spent most of it donking around at 10nl.
  • edited March 2013
    Havn't posted for a couple of days and wont be posting regularly for a little while as i'm taking a much more casual approach at the moment due to alot of other things going on uni related. Profit wise i have been continuing my good form at hypers i feel very confident in my game at the moment having tweaked a few things and tried to improve. I have been making random withdrawals lately and not concentrating on how much i had been winning-losing scope says i have played 76 games since monday and profit is £103 which is another very nice weeks work, although not really much volume. My av stake was £8.87 and roi: 15.2% so i have mixed stakes up a bit playing alot more 10s and feeling more mentally set up to take them on more regularly.

At the moment i just want to ensure i maintain a plus 1k roll so i have a healthy amount in my account for when i play a bit more seriously in the summer. Also anyone who takes there HU game quite seriously there is a free e-book available called HUSNG mersenneary ebook which you can find just by googling, its legit as well they made it available for free purposefully so you wont be illegally downloading anything, i would really reccomend it if you want to improve how you think about the game.

Good luck all at the tables.
  • edited March 2013
    Just had one of the more interesting sessions since i started the diary so thought i should share it. Just as a quick update yesterday i was on a heater on the 10nl mastercash and made about £70 on them in a couple of hours but probably lost the equilavent playing hypers a few of which were against a player who i knew was a profitable spot but was running good against me, have to accept that in hypers so tried not to let it affect my confidence and willingness to continuously take these guys on.

So the last couple of hours i played a number of games with a player who i have only really seen playing hypers last few days, he wouldn't rematch but would be regged in the lobby as soon as the game ended, anyway his style is very different to what i may usually encounter so i had to adjust to the fact that stacking off with middle pair and very wide preflop was going to be the right play the majority of the time. He must of taken me for around 40 after a few games. Just to explain the style a little more he would happily call off 3bet jams with hands like 89s which means that although you feel good getting it in with a10 type hands he will win a decent percentage of the time and therefore the variance is alot higher playing one of these guys than someone who plays very abc and exploitable. Similarly if you flopped top pair and stacked off he had no problem getting it in with two overcards like aq on a 9high flop, which again means a fair amount of time he will make some kind of hand.

Anyway so having played them few games and started to doubt my ability to beat him, combined with yesterdays results i thought it might be better to step away, i gave myself a few minutes to compose myself and decided i was definetly good enough to beat this guy and i will plough through even if i end up on a massive loss for the session.  So i ended up two tabling with this guy at 10s then when he lost he would jump to 21 then back down again untill i won my money back and a little more. My hands started holding up and with that my confidence grew to play back at him and not take a passive line, most importantly i never tilted badly which regardless of profit is the factor i'm most happy about as a couple of months ago i don't think i would of turned the session around and would probably of bemoaned my luck and claimed he was so awful but ran good and therefore was unbeatable etc.

So after ending our last hyper game he moved to a 50nl HU with about £27 so i decided i couldn't pass up on the oppurtunity to play this guy at cash where i believe i would have a huge edge with no blind increase and a decent idea of his game, even though i have never played that level and was slightly aware of the fact i was raising to a pound every hand which might not sound big to others but to me is very strange for just my standard raise HU. It ended pretty quickly probably after 20-25 hands  when i flopped two pair and stacked him, after all that and the swings of the hour and a half i have decided to take a couple of hours break.

The cash game hand..
    benc Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £47.45
    x
    Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £27.45
      Your hole cards
    • Q

benc Raise   £0.75 £1.50 £46.70
    x
    Call   £0.50 £2.00 £26.95
    Flop

• A
    • Q

x
    Bet   £2.00 £4.00 £24.95
    benc Raise   £4.50 £8.50 £42.20
    x
    Raise   £5.00 £13.50 £19.95
    benc All-in   £42.20 £55.70 £0.00
    x
    All-in   £19.95 £75.65 £0.00
    benc Unmatched bet   £19.75 £55.90 £19.75
    benc Show
    • Q

x
    Show
    • A

Turn

River

benc Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s £54.90   £74.65
  • edited March 2013
    Just had one of the more interesting sessions since i started the diary so thought i should share it. Just as a quick update yesterday i was on a heater on the 10nl mastercash and made about £70 on them in a couple of hours but probably lost the equilavent playing hypers a few of which were against a player who i knew was a profitable spot but was running good against me, have to accept that in hypers so tried not to let it affect my confidence and willingness to continuously take these guys on. So the last couple of hours i played a number of games with a player who i have only really seen playing hypers last few days, he wouldn't rematch but would be regged in the lobby as soon as the game ended, anyway his style is very different to what i may usually encounter so i had to adjust to the fact that stacking off with middle pair and very wide preflop was going to be the right play the majority of the time. He must of taken me for around 40 after a few games. Just to explain the style a little more he would happily call off 3bet jams with hands like 89s which means that although you feel good getting it in with a10 type hands he will win a decent percentage of the time and therefore the variance is alot higher playing one of these guys than someone who plays very abc and exploitable. Similarly if you flopped top pair and stacked off he had no problem getting it in with two overcards like aq on a 9high flop, which again means a fair amount of time he will make some kind of hand. Anyway so having played them few games and started to doubt my ability to beat him, combined with yesterdays results i thought it might be better to step away, i gave myself a few minutes to compose myself and decided i was definetly good enough to beat this guy and i will plough through even if i end up on a massive loss for the session.  So i ended up two tabling with this guy at 10s then when he lost he would jump to 21 then back down again untill i won my money back and a little more. My hands started holding up and with that my confidence grew to play back at him and not take a passive line, most importantly i never tilted badly which regardless of profit is the factor i'm most happy about as a couple of months ago i don't think i would of turned the session around and would probably of bemoaned my luck and claimed he was so awful but ran good and therefore was unbeatable etc. So after ending our last hyper game he moved to a 50nl HU with about £27 so i decided i couldn't pass up on the oppurtunity to play this guy at cash where i believe i would have a huge edge with no blind increase and a decent idea of his game, even though i have never played that level and was slightly aware of the fact i was raising to a pound every hand which might not sound big to others but to me is very strange for just my standard raise HU. It ended pretty quickly probably after 20-25 hands  when i flopped two pair and stacked him, after all that and the swings of the hour and a half i have decided to take a couple of hours break. The cash game hand.. benc Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £47.45 x Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £27.45   Your hole cards Q 10       benc Raise   £0.75 £1.50 £46.70 x Call   £0.50 £2.00 £26.95 Flop     A 10 Q       x Bet   £2.00 £4.00 £24.95 benc Raise   £4.50 £8.50 £42.20 x Raise   £5.00 £13.50 £19.95 benc All-in   £42.20 £55.70 £0.00 x All-in   £19.95 £75.65 £0.00 benc Unmatched bet   £19.75 £55.90 £19.75 benc Show Q 10       x Show A 5       Turn     9       River     7       benc Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s £54.90   £74.65
    Posted by benc
    I wonder who that could be, his style at hypers was totally tilting. You seem to deal with the more creative players much better than I do! I had one soo called reg, shoved 22 on a hyper for 25 bb, the only reason I could think he did this was because he doesnt know how to play post flop oop.

Back to this player from edinburgh ahem, I dont know why you feared playing nl50 cash. A competent players edge at cash will be much bigger than at hypers, therefore, it was a pure +ve move, wp. 

Couple of games vs you where fun yest, I think personally I can play better against competent players who know what they are doing. I should stop playing hu though, because at the mo I cant beat donks, and that is the general way to making a profit, still had a nice bink in the me on tuesday to boost the br. 
  • edited March 2013
    "Back to this player from edinburgh ahem, I dont know why you feared playing nl50 cash. A competent players edge at cash will be much bigger than at hypers, therefore, it was a pure +ve move, wp."

Yep i was well aware that it was a +ev move against this specific opponent, it was more the fact i was unsure if i would be comfortable enough to play my normal game at stakes i had never played before but im glad i seized the oppurtunity.

I didn't particularly enjoy our games lol as you are one of the guys i know will mix it up with me, pretty sure i stacked off in one of the games with 92o or something. There are only a few guys who play at the stakes i play who i would rather avoid, one of them jokingly (i think) accused me of bum hunting the other day, but i was actually annoyed i had regged up to play him more than once (i still dont make a habit of looking who is sitting before i reg) as again it's much easier to play the guys who dont understand the structure and will only 3bet without monsters or play back without a hand.
    I think one of my biggest strengths is adjusting to different types of fish, which is probably made easier by the fact i think or at least not ago like a fish so can beat them lol but yeah its all about adjusting, the style i play against the majority of players i come up against if i played the same against the better players i would get crushed. I'm sure you can beat the donks ace you just have to work out what are normally some very obvious tendencies and then take advantage, which i'm sure you are more than capable of doing
    so don't just conclude you cant beat donks atm, just find a way to beat them and print out the money. Well done on the ME cash by the way, hopefully play one myself again soon.
  • edited March 2013
    "Back to this player from edinburgh ahem, I dont know why you feared playing nl50 cash. A competent players edge at cash will be much bigger than at hypers, therefore, it was a pure +ve move, wp." Yep i was well aware that it was a +ev move against this specific opponent, it was more the fact i was unsure if i would be comfortable enough to play my normal game at stakes i had never played before but im glad i seized the oppurtunity. I didn't particularly enjoy our games lol as you are one of the guys i know will mix it up with me, pretty sure i stacked off in one of the games with 92o or something. There are only a few guys who play at the stakes i play who i would rather avoid, one of them jokingly (i think) accused me of bum hunting the other day, but i was actually annoyed i had regged up to play him more than once (i still dont make a habit of looking who is sitting before i reg) as again it's much easier to play the guys who dont understand the structure and will only 3bet without monsters or play back without a hand. I think one of my biggest strengths is adjusting to different types of fish, which is probably made easier by the fact i think or at least not ago like a fish so can beat them lol but yeah its all about adjusting, the style i play against the majority of players i come up against if i played the same against the better players i would get crushed. I'm sure you can beat the donks ace you just have to work out what are normally some very obvious tendencies and then take advantage, which i'm sure you are more than capable of doing so don't just conclude you cant beat donks atm, just find a way to beat them and print out the money. Well done on the ME cash by the way, hopefully play one myself again soon.
    Posted by benc
    You need to find more fish like me ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Hows it been going carl? did you hear anymore in regards to the change in your games? still sticking on this site?
  • edited March 2013
    HU sngs not going very smoothly at the moment can't string a few wins together think my play has suffered a little bit from losing one too many games in an annoying manner, but will soon be back on track was bound to happen at some point just need to ride it out . Played a couple of omaha games for something a little different one of which i managed to donk a river straight against KK which i can imagine is the norm in omaha so that was good fun, every hand seems like the nuts pre flop though so if i play regularly will have to learn abit more about it.

In contrast to HUsngs playing on the 10nl mastercash has been going very well and has probably evened out any sng losses and maybe put me slightly on profit not to sure, as i mentioned the other day i had a very nice profit for one evening two tabling them and am doing that a bit more regulalry, i feel like im beggining to understand how to play cash again, definetly more of a TAG style rather than trying to win everypot and stationing regs down with middle pair and seeing a set everytime lol. I'm playing at the moment and am on a decent bit of profit between the tables if i don't end up losing it i might buy in for the £33bh, feel free to hunt me down and try win some easy money..
  • edited March 2013
    Yes i got a reply, wasnt really what i was hopeing for but i am going to stay on the site just playing Double Your Monies at the moment as i have a real edge in these. But hopefully if the format is changed back to what it should be then i will continue the challenge. :)
  • edited March 2013
    Quick update from last couple of days.

In contrast to the other day i seem to have got back into my game HU(i think playing some normal structure games helped me get back in the flow of things) but lost my momentum in cash, although i am definetly at fault for most of the money i lose at cash playing way to loose and agressive and calling check raises omn the river everytime even though i know i'm beat. I think because of my roll i don't care enough at 10nl to be really disciplined so i played stupidly and either win big or lose big but thats good as it means no pressure and no horrible feeling of how much money i have wasted after a session if it has been bad. I know i can win money if i play the patient game but thats no fun when you have been working hard and want to just relax and have some fun. In the summer i plan on really getting into cash and getting better, does anyone know of any good videos-books that really helped your cash game?

I have been playing some standard and speed games mixed in with the odd hyper recently, depending on how much spare time i have to sit and play, i've also been playing a lot more HU omaha, really enjoy playing them and i seem to do well but i can't tell if i'm just running very well, my opponents are really bad or i have managed to grasp a good way to play the game. Over a larger sample i'm sure i will work out whether this was just an early heater or i have some talent.

Anwyay so no serious grinding for the moment due to dissertation and other uni related stuff, but i'm hoping to play a few of the ukosp events over easter even if i do double the work on some day  so i have time to grind a few of the tournys and hopefully get a decent result.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited March 2013
    No idea whether i played this hand ok, should i ever check the turn in omaha? is my hand too vulnerable to slowplay or is it enough of a monster to play in this manner.
    x
    Small blind   30.00 30.00 1940.00
    benc Big blind   60.00 90.00 970.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

x
    Raise   90.00 180.00 1850.00
    benc Call   60.00 240.00 910.00
    Flop

• A

benc Check        
    x
    Bet   180.00 420.00 1670.00
    benc Call   180.00 600.00 730.00
    Turn

benc Check        
    x
    Check        
    River

• K

benc Bet   450.00 1050.00 280.00
    x
    Call   450.00 1500.00 1220.00
    benc Show
    • A

x
    Muck
    • Q

benc Win Full House, 3s and Aces 1500.00   1780.00
  • edited March 2013
    Played about 2-3 hours yesterday again having some fun on mastercash, was playing pretty solid and patient and doing quite well i had both the 10nl mastercash tables open and one 20nl quickly built up a good stack untill i lost a massive hand. I'll post the hand in a minute i'm sure any cash player will pull me up on all my many mistakes in the hand.

Heads up went really well despite making a slight loss on cash i ended +50 for the day, mainly due to coming up against some incredibly soft opponents on some £21 hypers. If i stop withdrawing and get myself up to 2k bankroll i would love to have a proper go at them as barring the very good players who normally playa lot higher but drop down the player pool on average seems as bad as the 5s and 10s.

Anyway from today i am going to start tracking my bankroll on here again, My current roll is £1107.21 i have withdrawn £420 since the beggining of feburary to cover a range of things which explain why my bankroll has not changed much. However i'm not planning on making a withdrawal untill summer now barring exceptional circumstances so i think it is a good time to start tracking my games again. I also hope that having to put my results on the forum again will stop me chucking away buy ins at 10nl every day trying to play like a hero in every pot lol

I will update at the end of any sessions i have with what i have played and profit/loss and bankroll.

Current Bankroll: £1107.21
  • edited March 2013
    Right so both players i hadn't played with that long, but player A was awful and willing to stack of with literally anything i had won a big pot previously against him and i think he stacked off with a high or something so quickly categorized him as not knwoing what he was doing. Player B was playing very strange and unorthodox, was also betting and calling off very light and generally donking about in most pots. I'm not entirely sure why i flatted with AK i would 3bet here so often normally, but even so i'm not overly concerned with the flat as my hand is disguised and i know i can win a big pot against these players if the right flop comes. I told myself to fold the turn after player B flatted but i levelled myself that they were both awful and would show up with much worse so jammed it in knowing if i called i was never folding any river.

Any advice would be much appreciated as in reflection i'm still not sure whether i should stack off in that spot, against a player i deem competent i think its probably just about a fold when he flats, but against these guys i thought i was going to be winning enough of the time to make it the right play?. My early reads on opponents made the decision i think.
    elbows7 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £28.48
    ChrisW4 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

player B
    Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £49.44
    benc Call   £0.60 £1.50 £62.04
    _ARAZI_ Fold        
    Player A
    Call   £0.60 £2.10 £27.41
    elbows7 Fold        
    ChrisW4 Fold        
    Flop

• K
    • A

Player B
    Check        
    benc Bet   £1.40 £3.50 £60.64
    Player A
    Call   £1.40 £4.90 £26.01
    Player B
    Call   £1.40 £6.30 £48.04
    Turn

Player B
    Check        
    benc Bet   £4.60 £10.90 £56.04
    Player A
    Raise   £9.20 £20.10 £16.81
    Player B
    Call   £9.20 £29.30 £38.84
    benc All-in   £56.04 £85.34 £0.00
    Player A
    All-in   £16.81 £102.15 £0.00
    Player B
    All-in   £38.84 £140.99 £0.00
    benc Unmatched bet   £12.60 £128.39 £12.60
    Player B
    Show
    • J
    • Q

benc Show
    • K
    • A

Player A
    Show
    • Q

River

Player B
    Win Straight to the Ace £126.59   £126.59

• edited March 2013
    I stack off there aswell but im a fish so... lol
  • edited March 2013
    Hi benc,
    i'm not playing these levels of course, but i guess it's all relative.
    yeah,raise p/f
    flop  ok
    once 10 comes on turn & you bet  & get raised by pl A & pl B calles...hello
    but as you say both playing loose,i can see why u made this all-in.

i did exactly the same y'day against a loose player,after stacking him and he re-loaded, i had AK flop came 9AJ
    i c-bet he calles i bet turn  he calles i go all-in on river he calles holding 99 (trip 9's)..£20 odd gone
    so i know just how u feel and how it's so easy thinking you must be ahead,(even though your hand was stronger,2 pairs,it was still beatable.)
    it's so easy against these type of loose players to think we must be or assume we are ahead,so much of the time,so get carried away with the emotion of the moment,i think,instead of trying to anaylise what they could well be holding.(but it's easier said than done,and it's another part to this game that i know i am aware of and will therefore be working on.)
    but also,we remember all the times we make these plays and lose the hand and forget the times we make these moves and win the hand,which as long as they out-weigh the losing times,will be a winning play,long term.
    :)
    dev

• edited March 2013
    lol shaun you can't be any fishier than me at those tables at the moment the regs probably keep an eye on the lobby for when i appear early evening at the moment hoping they are the lucky person to get a bankroll boost.

Thanks for the reply Dev, I don't usually play 20nl but have done in the past so am comfortable at that stake. I felt i was playing well and had a bit of profit behind me from 10nl so sat down. I definetly think i could find a fold against some of the regs i have encountered recently as you know they are only ever showing up with a set or a straight in that spot, but player B from what i have seen could of been flatting with anything there ranging from one pair, worse two pairs, gutshot etc  so i'm happy with my decision to get it in and have to accept them turning over the nuts every so often. It's a sign of how far i have come mentally though that i wasn't massively bothered, i guess hypers have made me better at dealing with losses.  A year ago i would cursed my luck for weeks and gone on mega tilt lol

• edited March 2013
    Definitely going broke here to fella given what you've said about the oppo. When player B calls the raise turn before you jam it does look a bit of a gross spot but nearly impossible to get away from if you've seen them stack off with junk before.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi benc,

Didn't post here before but follow your diary from the beginning. 
    Just wanted to say keep up the good work, great results.

Altought you must have jinxed me yesterday. After our game I'm just having a big downswing, just keep getting outdrawned and suck out on. So could you please un-jinx me before I come back from work for night session?? Thanks :)

• edited March 2013
    Yeah Nick the guy that turned over q9 was literally giving money away i reckon it was the giver on another account lol our table was good fun during that session i was playing so disciplined then you turned up and i had to start bluffing every pot we were in..

Thanks Mariusz, i tend to have that affect on people HU i think my play is just that tilting... lol On a serious note i'm sure it's just one of little bad spells that must happen time and time again with the amount of volume your putting in. I will allow you some of my rungood just this one time though.. GL
  • edited March 2013
    Played a mixture of turbos, hypers, PLO, speed and one dym last couple of hours, mainly one tabled, all of the games were at £5 level except two £10 hypers. In total i played 19 games got to go to uni for a bit but will hopefully play a few more games this evening.

Profit/Loss: +£29.50

Current Bankroll: £1136.71
  • edited March 2013
    It must have been him lol 67 was certainly good on that board as well. Yeah i enjoyed it mate was hoping to forget it though given the sick laydowns i made...Still making up my mind as to whether you'll have it or not next time (probably not)
  • edited March 2013
    Just finished up for the evening, was a strange session and i tilted worse than i have in a long time at one point which culminated in regging a £42 game against one of the biggest winning regs on sky which in reflection was just truly idiotic. That is now officialy the highest sng i have played and i have to say i really didn't feel comfortable playing that particular game.

In regards to the tilt i don't understand why i went off on one tonight for a little spell i'm used to getting coolered and bad beats with the amount of volume i put in and although tonight was a slight deviation from how i would expect to run in these games it was by no means really unusual.  Normally you can attribute it to frustation in other areas of your life but i am genuienly at a loss to explaining it. Even so i managed to take a little break and sort of recompose but i was still stuck in that mindset where it didn't matter how good i got it in i felt there miracle card was coming.

I will leaving reviewing some of the hands during that spell for tomorrow, all the games were at hypers except the £42 game which was a speed game, the hypers were mainly 10s with some 21s mixed in. Luckily i took down the £42 game ironically getting very lucky getting it in on the turn with trips against fh and rivering a better fh, i cant explain how good that river felt probably would of already excluded myself from the site for a week if it hadn't come. Anyway after i took that down i went on a great run, strange how it works like that.. i won 4 out of 4 £10 against the same opponent then beat that opponent again at a £21 when he/she jumped up, all in succession, so that turned a big loss around into profit again before finally losing my last £10 game.

Anyway so the 2nd session dug into some of the 1st session profit but i'm just mightly relieved i'm not sitting here writing about a big loss. I definetly have a problem with chasing losses still climbing higher and higher which is worrying as i guess i  could easily of ended up regging even higher if i lost the £42. I would love sky to implement a tool that allows you to type in a stop loss that stops you from playing for the day if you hit it lol Probably the only way i could stop myself.

Total for the day: +£19

Bankroll: £1126.21