You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

You should all now be aware of our CASH CHAMP promotion running throughout January.

If not all the details are here.

This is the OFFICIAL RESULTS thread! We will be updating this page daily with leaders for each tier (Lower/Middle/Upper) every day so make sure you check back to see how you are getting on.

The first table will be published here on TUESDAY 15th JANUARY.

Good luck everyone!

PS Use this thread to boast about your position!!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    first of all this is the first ive seen this promo about and im usually on top of most thngs.

2nd, the link to the pro mo page. the promo page has a bit at the bottom showing how you earn poker points. it is showing how many points you earn per 20 raked hands. now im not sure if this is a mistake since its now weighted contribution or you are reverting back to old system for the purposes of this promo. can you clarify?
  • edited January 2013
    Lower tier 1st places wins £500, or the equivalent of 50 buy-ins.
    Upper tier 1st place wins £875, or the equivalent of 8.75 buy-ins.

#seemslegit

Novembers' King of Cash promo had a superior, balanced pay-out structure imo, and seeing as you're trying to incentivise people to play as much and as high as possible (with more rake being generated the higher up you go), it seems like a bizarre decision made by someone who probably doesn't really understand why the structure is flawed.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Previous payouts in November were really good, not to mention I don't think it's particularly fair to announce this promo 1/3 of the way through the month.

Not trying to hate on what is already a great promo, just sayin'.
  • edited January 2013
    You should all now be aware of our CASH CHAMP promotion running throughout January

NO.
  • edited January 2013
    This is the first I have heard about it.
  • edited January 2013
    this was the 1st i heard about it too. lol
  • edited January 2013
    I have just read the info and think it starts today. You need to enter the Promo code  to register.
  • edited January 2013
    nice promo, and yes you have stated raked hands - it's weighted contribution now

• edited January 2013
    Might try this for a few days and see how it goes, if I'm up there then great, if not then I'll go back to my DYMs and MTTs lol
  • edited January 2013

Good afternoon.

There appears to be a little confusion here, & I think that is because, perhaps, a word or two has been omitted from the OP.

It said.....

".....running throughout January......"

And I think it SHOULD have said....

"....running throughout the rest of January....."

Those 3 words make all the difference, it seems!

As far as I am aware, it only started today.

Good luck to those who get involved.

If you DO intend to get involved, don't forget you need to opt in, see.....

1Enter promo code CHAMP in My Account before midnight on 27th January.
    2. Earn poker points from cash games between 14th & 27th Jan 2013. Check the leader board on a regular basis, it will be updated once a day.
    3. Bonuses will be paid to eligible customers by 28th Jan You can only opt in to the promotion at any time, but all your play from the 14th-27th Jan will count towards the promotion.
  • edited January 2013
    I think actually it was this bit "You should all now be aware of our CASH CHAMP promotion" like a lot of others it seems, I only first saw this about 20 minutes before it as posted on here on Facebook. It was worded as if it's been advertised for weeks.

Anyway, doesn't matter, people know about it now.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard:
    I think actually it was this bit " You should all now be aware of our CASH CHAMP promotion" like a lot of others it seems, I only first saw this about 20 minutes before it as posted on here on Facebook. It was worded as if it's been advertised for weeks. Anyway, doesn't matter, people know about it now.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Fair point Charles, & apologies.

Anyway, they are even more aware now after this thread went a bit skew-wiff. ;)

• edited January 2013

In case there was, or still is, any doubt, the landing page now clearly clarifies the dates, see HERE

Now, as this man famously said, you may continue......

• edited January 2013
    Is it just me that can't find the promo page? The links on this thread just bring up a "Page Not Found" thingymibob, too.
  • edited January 2013
    yes Mr loner same page not found, however after several seconds of digging 

• edited January 2013
    Why would you tell anyone in advance?

it's not like that would ever be a good idea. 

are we going to be told about that promotion that ran 5 years ago that we're just now hearing about????!?!?

• edited January 2013
    The page is probs being amended because it was incorrect ) Showed raked hands not weighted contribution

I knew about this promo last month !!!
  • edited January 2013
    In case there was, or still is, any doubt, the landing page now clearly clarifies the dates, see HERE . Now, as this man famously said, you may continue......  
    Posted by Tikay10

to fix all these links you need to realise the competition is called cash champ.

replace the cash dash section of the link with cash champ and it works properly.
  • edited January 2013
    yes Mr loner same page not found, however after several seconds of digging  ITS HERE
    Posted by scouse_red
    Thank you Scouse_red.

The promo page does still show a points per raked hands chart. It would be nice if that was updated and there's a similar chart still posted on the Happy Hour promo page which could do with the same treatment.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : Thank you Scouse_red. The promo page does still show a points per raked hands chart. It would be nice if that was updated and there's a similar chart still posted on the Happy Hour promo page which could do with the same treatment.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Thank you Borin (& others),

I have sent the thread up to Suit-City so they can clarify where necessary.

Apologies again for any confusion. The wrong sort of snow on the line today.....

• edited January 2013
    ill be trying to do good in the lower tier. dint manage to play last time kings of cash. glglgl 
  • edited January 2013
    Lower tier 1st places wins £500, or the equivalent of 50 buy-ins. Upper tier 1st place wins £875, or the equivalent of 8.75 buy-ins. #seemslegit Novembers' King of Cash promo had a superior, balanced pay-out structure imo, and seeing as you're trying to incentivise people to play as much and as high as possible (with more rake being generated the higher up you go), it seems like a bizarre decision made by someone who probably doesn't really understand why the structure is flawed. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Previous payouts in November were really good, not to mention I don't think it's particularly fair to announce this promo 1/3 of the way through the month. Not trying to hate on what is already a great promo, just sayin'.
    Posted by Smitalos
    agree the payout for lower stakes tier compared to the higher stakes tier is laughable

A GOOD PROMO THOUGH!

See if i can win myself a few pennys
  • edited January 2013
    Just seen the cash champ promotion on the site their now and i noticed that 50nl is classed as being in the upper tier surely this must be a mistake and it should be in the middle tier. I finished 8th i think it was in the last kings of cash promotion in October playing 50nl and it was classed as the middle tier back then.  

This puts the 50nl players at a big disadvantage as they wont be able to compete with the likes of style etc on top of the pots every week etc.  So a 50nl player will actually earn less through this promotion than someone playing at the lower stakes.  Eg i could play 50nl and min cash around the 40th mark for £17 or i could play 5p-10p finish 1st and win £500.  
  • edited January 2013
    Ahhh - now I understand why every nl10 table I sat at last night was joined by a load of solid (ie better than me) regs / was already full of aforementioned regs.

Given their presence at the lower games, I'm not torn whether to join this and try for the low end of the leaderboard - or see it as a two week window to take my shot at NL20 while most of the better players are absent... decisions decisions.

GL to all those gunning for the top spots, very nice bonus for lower stakes players!
  • edited January 2013
    am i missing something here ?

the official leaderboard thread has no leaderboard ?  WTF
  • edited January 2013
    am i missing something here ? the official leaderboard thread has no leaderboard ?  WTF
    Posted by 1267
    were all winners here
  • edited January 2013
    Hi all,

So after Day 1, here are the standings for the LOWER/MIDDLE and UPPER tiers...

RANK   LOWER MIDDLE UPPER
    1   RANCID BOLLY580 CURT360X27
    2   SHAUN09 PUNXXS_13 SMITALOS
    3   BORINLONER SUPER_NOVA EAGLE05
    4   TINTIN BRUNODANTE CHRISSY_C
    5   FOLDUFAIRY JONJO75 WHOAMI196
    6   ITSQUADSY VINEY73 BARRIE26
    7   SUPERCRAZY JORDZ16 HHAMZA162
    8   DARRYN1973 RICKYYYY BET3PM_CO
    9   CENACHAV EVILPINGU CELTICFAN
    10   MKGUNNER DENTY765 RAZZI817
    11   NCOLLEY GUARDC4T COALEY001
    12   LMARKL GOLDNBALLZ DIE_HARD
    13   NEOPHYTE CHIPSOTOOL NMIPEIS
    14   SAMBORAM45 BACCUS00 BOMBDOG
    15   CARNAGE CHRISW4 DAVID666
    16   MADMONEY19 STACKER59 MD_575
    17   JACOBJTAYL ICE_TIGER BOLLY580
    18   PAULSPOT SPLASHIES CHARLIEF29
    19   POMFRITTES KKRIPPLER DIVSDREAMS
    20   DEL9 MIN6MAX12 STANLEY08
    21   BIGM19 HABBIN BLEWNOTE
    22   CKD CHRISSY_C CHIPSOTOOL
    23   2DBLUE BET3PM_CO REDRABBIT
    24   HOTCHOPS21 1267 JAMMY27
    25   THOMAS87 MOMONEY343 BIGM19
    26   ZENBUDDHA CHIPCHOMP MONRO02
    27   MATTASH ZENBUDDHA NESSAB
    28   TRUNDLE PERFECT125 SHAUN09
    29   __MAGIC__ STANLEY08 CRAZYBEN23
    30   DAMO1991 HHAMZA162 MCD20
    31   MONDO1985 SERGE77 KEZZZZ
    32   DIABLONE DENHAM_  
    33   JIMMYGEE14 POMFRITTES  
    34   FARMERJA30 SHAUN09  
    35   SOWDEN03 KATIE292  
    36   EDGE3 HOTCHOPS21  
    37   PETERMAND BIGM19  
    38   BRUNODANTE KEZZZZ  
    39   L2THJ HAWK84  
    40   STEVOSTEG JIMMYGEE14  
  • edited January 2013

My name's in third... Testament to my laggy, spewy session last night. lol

I will relish the moment I was ahead of TINTIN in a rake race. I wasn't even planning to have much of a go at this.

• edited January 2013
    doesnt count rake for this it reports back to old system Borin
  • edited January 2013
    My name's in third... Testament to my laggy, spewy session last night. lol I will relish the moment I was ahead of TINTIN in a rake race. I wasn't even planning to have much of a go at this.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    lol, i have no intention of trying for this. seeing my name so high up just shows how few have put the code in.

i be lucky to top 40, seriously
  • edited January 2013
    doesnt count rake for this it reports back to old system Borin
    Posted by bolly580
    This really needs clarifying immediately. If you're right then I really can't be bothered with this promotion but Tikay's post on the other page implies that this may not be correct.

I'd like to believe that the promo page is wrong. I think it probably is, to be fair, because my C4P's went up in line with weighted contribution, not the per 20 raked hands system.