You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard

Comments

• edited January 2013
    DOes the extra cash for points in happy hours count??

Also Rancid i think you wil have lower tier locked up soon :D
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013

lol i made 7 points on cash table so seing me in 22 makes me laught

people will wait till the very end to reg there names for this so theres no point to a table as will not show it right 

should only count the points after the code is entered  make it fair 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard:
     lol i made 7 points on cash table so seing me in 22 makes me laught  people will wait till the very end to reg there names for this so theres no point to a table as will not show it right   should only count the points after the code is entered  make it fair     
    Posted by ckd

verymuch agree with this
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : verymuch agree with this
    Posted by jordz16

its not fair otherwise 

see your name near the top and then the last day your not even in the top 20 

think sky need to make it fair before it goes to far in and make it that only points made after the promo code has been put in count    or it is cheating 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : its not fair otherwise  see your name near the top and then the last day your not even in the top 20  think sky need to make it fair before it goes to far in and make it that only points made after the promo code has been put in count    or it is cheating 
    Posted by ckd
    thats a strong word to use. it cant be that if its all legit and is in their terms and conditions.

i do however believe that the time to enter the code is too long. the kings of cash limit was 2/3thirds of the way in. maybe they should followed the same kind of template and made it 10 days into the 14 to be allowed to enter. after all no one had notice that this promo was running at all til after it began
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : thats a strong word to use. it cant be that if its all legit and is in their terms and conditions. i do however believe that the time to enter the code is too long. the kings of cash limit was 2/3thirds of the way in. maybe they should followed the same kind of template and made it 10 days into the 14 to be allowed to enter. after all no one had notice that this promo was running at all til after it began
    Posted by TINTIN

not really it is cheating  if it is run like that 

you earn 2000 points and have sat in 1st place all the way through then on the last day you check and you are sat in 40th  everyone above you is new to the list and you have gone through the whole time being told that you are in 1st place then to find you was not because others have only reg there score at the end....it is cheating thought as it is cheating the people that have reg the promo... i know its not in the tc and im not saying the people who dont reg till last day are doing anything wrong,there working an angle to get an edge but it is very wrong for sky to allow it to go like that 

• edited January 2013
    I thought about this the other day and wishe di dint enter code. I would of waited a bit b4 i enterd code :D
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : not really it is cheating  if it is run like that  you earn 2000 points and have sat in 1st place all the way through then on the last day you check and you are sat in 40th  everyone above you is new to the list and you have gone through the whole time being told that you are in 1st place then to find you was not because others have only reg there score at the end....it is cheating thought as it is cheating the people that have reg the promo... i know its not in the tc and im not saying the people who dont reg till last day are doing anything wrong,there working an angle to get an edge but it is very wrong for sky to allow it to go like that 
    Posted by ckd
    are these two statements not a contradiction?

to be cheating they have got to break the rules, so what rule would they be breaking?

also what angle could they be working as no list of points are available only positions, its guess work on everyones behalf
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : are these two statements not a contradiction? to be cheating they have got to break the rules, so what rule would they be breaking? also what angle could they be working as no list of points are available only positions, its guess work on everyones behalf
    Posted by TINTIN

ok well to me it is cheating and its not fair to people who have entered the promo

its not a fair promo the way it is being done and its misleading players  but each to there own 

gl 2 all who enter it 

• edited January 2013
    its not cheating its a "tactic" or a "choice" not to enter promo code straight away. ALso people might not of seen the promo yet and enter it in late
  • edited January 2013
    its not cheating at all and also its not a "tactic".

Basicly the only argument is that somone will be really annoyed if they have played all 2 week been top all 2 week and somone on the last day enterd there code and then overtook them.

If anyone were to do that they would be justified in winning the race because they have grinded more and therefore deserved to beat them.

If however Sky displayed how many points each competitor was on then maybe it could be a tactic as if i was like 2k pts clear of 2nd on the last day I wouldnt play as much thus leaving the door open to a mystery man/women who had not eneterd the code. But because Sky dont display points i wouldnt know if i was 2 points clear or 2 millions points clear and therefore have to grind hard everyday to make sure i claimed the top spot (this is propably exactly why SKY dont show points).

So everyone quit moaning about somone cheating because its just utter nonsense
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : This really needs clarifying immediately. If you're right then I really can't be bothered with this promotion but Tikay's post on the other page implies that this may not be correct. I'd like to believe that the promo page is wrong. I think it probably is, to be fair, because my C4P's went up in line with weighted contribution, not the per 20 raked hands system.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Ye, I don't see why sky have gone back to the old system to record who wins...
  • edited January 2013
    how is it not a tactic? Some one who is playing to finish top 3 say and doesnt put promo code in on purpose is playing a tactic lol...
  • edited January 2013
    how is it not a tactic? Some one who is playing to finish top 3 say and doesnt put promo code in on purpose is playing a tactic lol...
    Posted by shaun09
    what advantage do they gain?
  • edited January 2013
    They might not gain advantage just saying, peopel could try and use it as a tactic.
  • edited January 2013
    They might not gain advantage just saying, peopel could try and use it as a tactic.
    Posted by shaun09
    Some tactic then.
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by shaun09

I havent put my code in yet as i didn,t know about it, but my question was going to be - Is it only pts earnt after putting the code in that count or if i put the code in now will it show my pts from the 14th in the next table. not sure what to do now. Don,t think i,ll be up there but i,d rather know where i was in the table if i was trying to win it
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : I havent put my code in yet as i didn,t know about it, but my question was going to be - Is it only pts earnt after putting the code in that count or if i put the code in now will it show my pts from the 14th in the next table. not sure what to do now. Don,t think i,ll be up there but i,d rather know where i was in the table if i was trying to win it
    Posted by MP33
    Yes put the code in any time aslong as its befor the 27th i believe? your points from the 14th onwards will still be counted

@ bolly and curt you know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill dont you. was just saying this isint cheating, and that yes some people might think of it as a tactic, i dunno... iv entered already so doesn't really bother me was just saying.
  • edited January 2013
    I get you shaun basically if the leaderbord wer to show the points then this would be a very good tactic as youd know what position you are without entering the code , but as i doesnt show points its no gain entering code late on
  • edited January 2013
    tytyty!! yes somepeople might see it as a tactic, wether it works or not is up to them :D

you would be stupid to enter code late s you wouldnt be able to see where you are or if u need to grind more
  • edited January 2013
    Show me the money ! Didn't think I would be top )

o well back to regs showing me quads and hitting straight flush 2 outers- you know who you are ) gg
  • edited January 2013

Good morning.

Several Posts yesterday pointed out - correctly - that the landing Page made incorrect (out of date) references to "Raked Hands" rather then the current system of Weighted Contribution. 

Apologies for this, it was an error due to an out of date template being used.

The Landing Page has been corrected now as appropiate, as can be seen (one hopes....)
    HERE

Any other questions or queries, shoot, please. The questions I mean, not me.

Apols again.

• edited January 2013
    Show me the money ! Didn't think I would be top ) o well back to regs showing me quads and hitting straight flush 2 outers- you know who you are ) gg
    Posted by rancid
    No Idea who your on about m8. ill keep an eye out for him
  • edited January 2013
    Good morning. Several Posts yesterday pointed out - correctly - that the landing Page made incorrect (out of date) references to "Raked Hands" rather then the current system of Weighted Contribution.  Apologies for this, it was an error due to an out of date template being used.   The Landing Page has been corrected now as appropiate, as can be seen (one hopes....) HERE Any other questions or queries, shoot, please. The questions I mean, not me. Apols again.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    It states only till the 27th Jan - 31 days in Jan ?

Can someone confirm or clarify because this just wasting too much of my time & yours )

• edited January 2013
    1. Enter promo code CHAMP in My Account before midnight on 27th January.
    2. Earn poker points from cash games between 14th & 27th Jan 2013. Check the leader board on a regular basis, it will be updated once a day.
    3. Bonuses will be paid to eligible customers by 28th Jan You can only opt in to the promotion at any time, but all your play from the 14th-27th Jan will count towards the promotion.

EDIT it dint start on the 1st of jan so i wouldn't expect sky to make it end on the last day. its just a 13 day promo i guess. 27th must be the correct date, Your just not playing the promo right to the end of the month. Just the 27th.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ - The OFFICIAL Leaderboard : It states only till the 27th Jan - 31 days in Jan ? Can someone confirm or clarify because this just wasting too much of my time & yours )
    Posted by rancid
    Don't worry about wasting my time, it is a legit question, & 27th January IS the correct date Mr Rancid.

I have not asked, but I would imagine they want to keep it in calender weeks, & 27th is a Sunday.

It also states - correctly I believe - that "bonuses will be paid out on Monday 28th January", see....

".....Bonuses will be paid to eligible customers by 28th Jan You can only opt in to the promotion at any time, but all your play from the 14th-27th Jan will count towards the promotion......"
  • edited January 2013
    1.  Enter promo code CHAMP in My Account before midnight on 27th January. 2. Earn poker points from cash games between 14th & 27th Jan 2013. Check the leader board on a regular basis, it will be updated once a day. 3. Bonuses will be paid to eligible customers by 28th Jan You can only opt in to the promotion at any time, but all your play from the 14th-27th Jan will count towards the promotion. EDIT it dint start on the 1st of jan so i wouldn't expect sky to make it end on the last day. its just a 13 day promo i guess. 27th must be the correct date, Your just not playing the promo right to the end of the month. Just the 27th.
    Posted by shaun09
    Thanks Shaun, though to be pedantic, it is FOURTEEN days, not thirteen, i.e., two full weeks.  
  • edited January 2013
    lol yeah misunderstood sorry :D
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks - 14 days - just a half marathon then )

Thought maybe someone got confused with what month had 28 days.....
  • edited January 2013
    Do you have a job rancid? or r u playing all day/night?