You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another Diary, A Journey: HUSNG / Cash

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Another Diary, A Journey: HUSNG / Cash:
    lol you could get some bets going for when that will happen! Arazi's going for 2045 lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    lol

I wont argue with him,...

i'll have a fiver at evens.

lol
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    It 2 nice for playin poker right now:P

That said, good luck to every1 taking part in the cash promo!
  • edited June 2013
    Played for 1 hour today, lost half a buy in at Cash

Played 4 hu games, won 3 lost 1.

Cash; prob still playing 2 many hands. And calling raises out of position. I had tighetned right up, then seem to have loosened up again. I;m gonna start playing tighter again. Seemed to just creep in again
  • edited June 2013
    Today

Played way to much haha

I was up at cash 2 buy ins, then i was down, and in the end over all from cash i was about over  1 buyin up over all. Started off playing really snug then seemed to loosen up (again). Then went back to to playing tightish.

Played a hand the rake on it was 7.5%, never knew it was that high!

Hu Games, played 3 won 2. Cash is actually now seeming a lot harder than at any other time i have played lol prob psychological
  • edited June 2013

Overall, i do win at cash, but not a massive amount. ANd have had a bit of a downswing recently.

I seem to be better at the HU Games, would it be better just to focus on one instead of doing both?

• edited June 2013
    Funky post- red signifies a bad day and the green signifies your coninued positive attitude right... ^ lol saw you very briefly at a table earlier was wondering what you had been playing, just play what you want too atm mate your more than rolled, so if you enjoy cash and want to improve at it then stick to it then when you have the urge to play HU just do that don't feel you have to play one and not the other just for the sake of it.
  • edited June 2013
    lol cash is getting a bit boring right now, there are so many regulars at the table. Not regulars on the forum, just regulars they are multi-tabling at 4nl, and hardly play any hands. And sitting tight gets boring lol even tho i know i should.

The biggest way i lose money, is from playing MTT's.

The thing i win most at is hu games. Might start concentrating on these to build up a good amount of money.

Build up 2 £2, then £5.
  • edited June 2013
    Larson when OOP I would stay extra tight these days the tables are so passive and trapping like that it is almost impossible to get much value from things such as sets without doing what you would do with you premium hands.
    I am starting to just check most rivers myself if I am in position and a very scary card comes which you could say is odd for someone who is aggressive. but that doesn't mean I never bluff lol.
    keep up with your sit n gos
  • edited June 2013
    n Response to Re: Another Diary, A Journey: HUSNG / Cash:
    Larson when OOP I would stay extra tight these days the tables are so passive and trapping like that it is almost impossible to get much value from things such as sets without doing what you would do with you premium hands. I am starting to just check most rivers myself if I am in position and a very scary card comes which you could say is odd for someone who is aggressive. but that doesn't mean I never bluff lol. keep up with your sit n gos
    Posted by craigcu12
    This hand here just represents poker right now, guy calls a massive raise with junk, and hits his random out on the river.

Apart from this hand i broke even today, but still it is a brutal spell right now.

Not playing bad, but a lot of bad beats, a lot more so than "bad beats" i would have put on someone else. In fact i n the last 2 weeks, i've maybe only given 1 person a bad beat where i got a full house on river against their flopped straight. Had another hand 2nd nuts over nuts, where i lost a buy in.

I'm still in profit and whatever, but i might withdraw 100 quid again cause such a bad run is serioussly annoying!
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.75
    LARSON7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.22
    JWRAINMAN7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £6.11
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

tec02 Fold     
    chancjr Fold     
    JWRAINMAN7 Raise  £0.04 £0.14 £6.07
    pokermask Fold     
    TINTIN Call  £0.06 £0.20 £3.69
    LARSON7 Raise  £0.40 £0.60 £3.82
    JWRAINMAN7 Call  £0.36 £0.96 £5.71
    TINTIN Fold     
    Flop

• J

LARSON7 Bet  £0.49 £1.45 £3.33
    JWRAINMAN7 Call  £0.49 £1.94 £5.22
    Turn

• A

LARSON7 Bet  £1.47 £3.41 £1.86
    JWRAINMAN7 Call  £1.47 £4.88 £3.75
    River

LARSON7 All-in  £1.86 £6.74 £0.00
    JWRAINMAN7 All-in  £3.73 £10.47 £0.02
    JWRAINMAN7 Unmatched bet  £1.87 £8.60 £1.89
    LARSON7 Show
    • J
    • J

JWRAINMAN7 Show

JWRAINMAN7 Win Straight to the 7 £
  • edited June 2013
    Don't withdraw! ride it out mate, if your still in profit and having a bad time of it that shows your making the right decisions still.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't withdraw! ride it out mate, if your still in profit and having a bad time of it that shows your making the right decisions still.
    Posted by benc
    Honestly, yesterday playing Hu the first time ever i lost about 5 games out of 6 (and i won the first 1!)
  • edited June 2013
    If you are grinding a large volume of HU you will get used to it, plus by having a bigger roll it won't affect you as much, withdraw and then when you lose a few in a row it will hurt all the more. I have lost alot more than that in a row on multiple occasions it happens especially in turbos, things will soonc hange if you keep doing the right things, you saw how bad my confidence was earlier in the months when i didnt feeli could beat HU at all but i was just on a bad run and having a large roll allowed me to get through it without giving up.
  • edited June 2013
    Yo folks.

I decided to play some HU sngs yesterday for the first time in ages, not a proper session just had an hour to fill.

I started on pokerstars, and swiftly lost 5/5.

Won the next 2, then lost 3 more.

Moved over to sky and played 2x £5 hypers. Lost both.

Decided to try some turbos.

Played 3, lost 3.

2/14 overall

Brutal :(

Play those HU's tomorrow Henrik? We can't both lose! ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Yo folks. I decided to play some HU sngs yesterday for the first time in ages, not a proper session just had an hour to fill. I started on pokerstars, and swiftly lost 5/5. Won the next 2, then lost 3 more. Moved over to sky and played 2x £5 hypers. Lost both. Decided to try some turbos. Played 3, lost 3. 2/14 overall Brutal :( Play those HU's tomorrow Henrik? We can't both lose! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    why did you post that in larssons diary ? 
  • edited June 2013

Was trying to make larson feel abit better about HU sng runbad.

Does read like a diary post of my own though!! lool.

sorry shud have quoted sum1.

• edited June 2013
    lol sure dohhhh

I was kinda annoyed and loaded up a a Hu Game, and won easily, guy called me down with K high when i had the nuts. Loved that he wanted a rematch! Won that.

Won the next  3 against 3 randoms, then lost 6th game, 2 pair versus turned flush.

So kinda puts yesterday back to evens (at hu's).

It was just so annoying yesterday, i got it in good atleast 3 times out of 5, and was rivered each time. But thats poker!

Apologies for the "negative" posts but yeah kinda was annoying the last couple of days.

Not that at matters at all, i just play for fun, not a brilliant player, prob not a total fish either. I just enjoy the game. I guess with a lot of people who play poker sometimes when it doesn't go all your way it can be a bit annoying. 
  • edited June 2013
    Lol Belter, bit of HU Stick :

brixxws27 /> anyone can go all in any hand ya know get a life

Then they won it with this hand:

And said ul mug haha
    bridaws27 Small blind  40.00 40.00 1225.00
    LARSON7 Big blind  80.00 120.00 655.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

bridaws27 Raise  120.00 240.00 1105.00
    LARSON7 All-in  655.00 895.00 0.00
    bridaws27 Call  575.00 1470.00 530.00
    bridaws27 Show

LARSON7 Show
    • A
    • Q

Flop

Turn

• J

River

bridaws27 Win Flush to the Jack
  • edited June 2013
    lol too right larson get a life what right do you have to go all in every hand. The ul mug is always a sign of class..

Stats:
    Games:181
    Av profit: 0.07p
    Av roi: 6.2%
    Profit: £12.89

Nice work, keep it up.
  • edited June 2013
    lol too right larson get a life what right do you have to go all in every hand. The ul mug is always a sign of class.. Stats: Games:181 Av profit: 0.07p Av roi: 6.2% Profit: £12.89 Nice work, keep it up.
    Posted by benc
     lol yeah some of the funniest comments i've seen heads up

Cheers mate, but down from last week. So wasn't that good a week at HU, but had a bit of a bad spell with em so not that bad in the grand scheme of things.
  • edited June 2013
    For the next while, i'm going concentrate mainly on HU Games/ look at building it up to move up the levels.

Still going to play a small amount of cash. See how it goes
  • edited June 2013
    Was way to warm durin the day for poker, had  a session from 10:30-12:00.

Won a fiver at one table and tenner at another. If playing cash i'm going to stick at 2 tables just now, and build it back up again.

Before i was easily winning over 4 tables, (win 2 b/even on 1 maybe lose on 1), but the last week (or since they done that Cash Promo) i've had a terrible run at cash, lot of run bad maybe some bad play mixed in.

Oh, and my mum phoned me to tell me to put a fiver on some kid from BGT. She never bets apart from the Grandnational and BGT lol last time it was susan boyle, good record at 2nds!
    08 Jun '13 at 22:46PokerBelton£5.67£0.00InternetHand History
    08 Jun '13 at 22:45PokerCawston£10.18£0.00InternetHand History
    08 Jun '13 at 21:12Sports BettingBritain Got Talent 2013 Winner (Jack Carroll)£-5.00
    ------

Seen game of thrones today, the newest espisode. Don't know if any1 else watches it, but wasn't expecting that! Totally mental haha Just rubbish that's it finishing on monday when it's getting really good,
  • edited June 2013

Today i've played 12 HU Games, won 7 lost 5.

During the week i played 1 £2 HU Game and ended up losing it.

Sometime this week i might start playing £2 games, and only £2 games. Bankroll is just under £220, so i have plenty for it, and i'll just see what happens.

Maybe try 100-200 games at £2, and if that works out, move up to £5 games.

I know that they can be swingy, and if i start playing higher games, just need to stay focussed and accept that losing is part of the game as well as winning.

------------------------------------------------

I thought it was fathers day today, so ended up saying id take my dad out for dinner. lol

Ah well, get your presents in early.

• edited June 2013

Was going quite well today, won quite a load of HU Games.

Played some cash, ended up losin an all in at 10nl, AQ over a set. Quite happy how the hand played, could have folded to the shove, but looked a lot like a flush draw. Was the proverbial set nice hand!

benc Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £66.54
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

76735 Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £7.55
    xCall  £0.40 £0.95 £18.63
    Scratville Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £0.40 £1.35 £12.05
    benc Fold     
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    Flop

• Q

76735 Check     
    xBet  £0.30 £1.65 £18.33
    LARSON7 Raise  £1.76 £3.41 £10.29
    76735 Fold     
    All-in  £18.33 £21.74 £0.00
    LARSON7 All-in  £10.29 £32.03 £0.00
    xUnmatched bet  £6.58 £25.45 £6.58
    xShow

LARSON7 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

Win Three 3s £24.05
  • edited June 2013
    I'm gonna stop posting as much up here, maybe once a week.

Saying i won x and lost x every day, is a bit robotic.

I'll still post up interesting hands in the clinic, and mainly post anything interesting/ i've learned, good successes, whats going well or not so good.

Think it might be a good idea, as well, to not play as much and do a bit of studying, get a better understand of the game.

I'll keep you posted on the journey, albeit not as regulary.

Good luck and run good everyone!
  • edited June 2013

that last hand i would have just made a call OTf although a raise is ok too but when the villain then does a shove, given that you are holding the Qd and the two other cards are the lowest of low cards all he can really be holding is a set.

• edited June 2013

I thought i'd post this hand up see what peoples views are on it. Opponent had pocket aces, due to the preflop action his hand is pretty disguised. It's against borinloner, who knows a good amount about poker. It was player specific i played it this way.

I check the flop for deception and to let borin bluff at it. It is a fine balance betting for value, or maximising value. If we think opponents going to fold, i don't mind the way this played out. Due to the hand opponent had i have missed out on value.

Would you just be betting here all the way to get it on on the river? Even if this means, most of opponents range, is folding to any bet?

duxrs Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.15
    seadog508 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.34
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

BorinLoner Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £4.96
    LARSON7 Raise  £0.44 £0.62 £3.80
    duxrs Fold     
    seadog508 Fold     
    BorinLoner Call  £0.32 £0.94 £4.64
    Flop

• K

BorinLoner Check     
    LARSON7 Check     
    Turn

BorinLoner Bet  £0.52 £1.46 £4.12
    LARSON7 Call  £0.52 £1.98 £3.28
    River

• K

BorinLoner Bet  £1.04 £3.02 £3.08
    LARSON7 Raise  £3.07 £6.09 £0.21
    BorinLoner Fold     
    LARSON7 Show
    • K
    • K

LARSON7 Win  £3.75  £3.96
    LARSON7 Return  £2.03
  • edited June 2013
    I would raise the turn, for the record I thought that even before I saw the K on the river.
  • edited June 2013
    cbet flop with KK - your against a competent oppo. 

AQ such a sigh spot, ul 
  • edited June 2013
    Hey!

Update

I just wrote a massive thread and when i submitted it said i needed to log in and it was deleted so i'll keep this short haha

I think it's time to rest this diary for a while, it has been a
    journey which i've really enjoyed. I've learned heeps thanks to the community, here and in the poker clinic. I'm really happy / confident with how my cash game/ hu games have came along, but as carlos says it's a never ending game, and i will continue to learn and improve!

I have withdrawn most of my bankroll from sky, leaving myself with £40 to play with. Really liked some of the threads, eg est's turn a small amount into a large amount. I've put £50 quid into another poker site, and the rest is in my account if i ever want to redeposit it.

I got a bit tired of cash, dunno if it was because of all the promos, or if it just losing interest in it for a while, but since the promos started a month ago, i've not felt it's been the same on the cash tables. I'm still going to be playing on sky, just less than before, and will continue to be involved in the community.

For the next while i'm going to focus on MTTs and try and improve at these and hopefully bink a couple of decent wins, that could turn £40 into a decent amount! I'll be playing mostly £2 games. I'll offset any losses at MTT's by playing  a small amount of HU games or cash.

A lot of new diaries have emerged in the last couple of weeks and look forward to reading them.

I've enjoyed writing this diary, thank you for reading it, and good luck at the tables!
  • edited June 2013
    Hey! Update I just wrote a massive thread and when i submitted it said i needed to log in and it was deleted so i'll keep this short haha I think it's time to rest this diary for a while, it has been a journey which i've really enjoyed. I've learned heeps thanks to the community, here and in the poker clinic. I'm really happy / confident with how my cash game/ hu games have came along, but as carlos says it's a never ending game , and i will continue to learn and improve! I have withdrawn most of my bankroll from sky, leaving myself with £40 to play with. Really liked some of the threads, eg est's turn a small amount into a large amount. I've put £50 quid into another poker site, and the rest is in my account if i ever want to redeposit it. I got a bit tired of cash, dunno if it was because of all the promos, or if it just losing interest in it for a while, but since the promos started a month ago, i've not felt it's been the same on the cash tables. I'm still going to be playing on sky, just less than before, and will continue to be involved in the community. For the next while i'm going to focus on MTTs and try and improve at these and hopefully bink a couple of decent wins, that could turn £40 into a decent amount! I'll be playing mostly £2 games. I'll offset any losses at MTT's by playing  a small amount of HU games or cash. A lot of new diaries have emerged in the last couple of weeks and look forward to reading them. I've enjoyed writing this diary, thank you for reading it, and good luck at the tables!
    Posted by LARSON7
    First dev and now you!!!
    Have enjoyed reading your diary and wish you luck on your other site.

BTW....fully agree with you about the cash promo's, far too many of them..........change the record sky!