You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!)

Comments

• edited August 2013
    It's not really a bad beat. And you need to raise way more pre. And it's not your diary ;)
  • edited August 2013

Yes it is, totally sick! I was called by 10 5 os lol

min raise = Standard

• edited August 2013
    yeah raise bigger pre then u wouldnt get 10 5 calling simples 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!):
    Yes it is, totally sick! I was called by 10 5 os lol min raise = Standard
    Posted by LARSON7
    How is it a bad beat? You're ahead pre then behind rest of the way. And the click back raise oop is pretty poor, should be much bigger. 
  • edited August 2013
    I would disagree with you both, any raise i come in for on a FT will be a min raise.

A call with 10 5 is pretty poor to be fair.
  • edited August 2013
    I would disagree with you both, any raise i come in for on a FT will be a min raise. A call with 10 5 is pretty poor to be fair.
    Posted by LARSON7
    hey m8 just some feedback on the hand the guy with 105 played hand horrible but defo think you should raise bigger because theres been a limp and also your oop.

but in all honesty prob same result as if the oppoent bad enough to limp wae 105 suited prob calling regardless but as long you are doing right thing we can forget about them and the result imo.
  • edited August 2013
    I would disagree with you both, any raise i come in for on a FT will be a min raise. A call with 10 5 is pretty poor to be fair.
    Posted by LARSON7
    This would be fine if we were opening the betting. We're not. We're 3betting an EP limper, and we're gonna be playing the hand oop. What hands is he gonna limp fold for that little? 

Of course his call is poor. But we can't control how villains play their hands. We can only play our hands as best we can. I'd be raising much bigger pre. I'm then betting quite large on that flop to set up a turn jam (purely for value). So even if he calls pre then the hand works out the same. But the mistake is then at his door for peeling a chunky 3bet with 10 high whilst pretty shallow.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : This would be fine if we were opening the betting. We're not. We're 3betting an EP limper, and we're gonna be playing the hand oop. What hands is he gonna limp fold for that little?  Of course his call is poor. But we can't control how villains play their hands. We can only play our hands as best we can. I'd be raising much bigger pre. I'm then betting quite large on that flop to set up a turn jam (purely for value). So even if he calls pre then the hand works out the same. But the mistake is then at his door for peeling a chunky 3bet with 10 high whilst pretty shallow.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Pedantic, but we're only '2betting' or 'isolating', maybe even 'punishing' the limper :D

Agree though, raise more for valueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 35xbb+ effective.

Ice cold deck :(
  • edited August 2013

Just looked at the hand, i was thinking it was blind on blind (!) i agree i should have went more with the limper.

But how can someone limp 10 5?? ANyway, over it ! lol

• edited August 2013
    It's late, I'm tired :(
  • edited August 2013
    Just looked at the hand, i was thinking it was blind on blind (!) i agree i should have went more with the limper. But how can someone limp 10 5?? ANyway, over it ! lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    I sense you'll be losing sleep over it tonight ;)

Doesn't matter what others do. If someone is gonna limp 10 high in early position on a FT then happy days. But what do you expect from a low stakes Sky BH?!
  • edited August 2013
    Nah don't mind you posting the hand Larson..........love a good debate. Have to agree about raising a bit more pre. In this instance I think the oppo would still come along though. Ul m8.......still yet another ft, crushing for fun!!!

I played 10nl for about 90 mins.........have decided that I hate the new software (although it prob just takes some getting used to). Lost 4 buyins (I blame the software lol). So, I re-opened my tables on the old software and clawed a little bit back. Playing on familiar settings certainly helped a bit.........I need all the help I can get on the cash tables!!!!

Still, was a fair bit down so did what any slightly drunk fella might do and dived into a couple of 50nl tables to really try and win back my losses. Honest opinion here.........if you are willing to gamble on a weekend night, sit tight on a 50nl table and bar any coolers you will finish up for the night. Seriously, I am a poor on the cash tables....struggle at 4nl and even 10nl, but early hours of weekend night on 50nl is easy money.

I recovered my losses then ran before I got hit with a cooler..........I'm not a 50nl reg so cannot really comment but surely anybody with half a brain cell can sit there on a Friday night and finish up for the night. I certainly won't be making a habit of it because there will be coolers and flips lost etc........but was very surprised at how soft it was and I'm an ave joe who can't play cash!!

BR = £195.54
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : hey m8 just some feedback on the hand the guy with 105 played hand horrible but defo think you should raise bigger because theres been a limp and also your oop. but in all honesty prob same result as if the oppoent bad enough to limp wae 105 suited prob calling regardless but as long you are doing right thing we can forget about them and the result imo.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Disagree that he played it horrible.

Loose pre, but post not "horrible"
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : Disagree that he played it horrible. Loose pre, but post not "horrible"
    Posted by calcalfold
    very loose pre defo and I disagree with you any1 limps early position with 105 at ft it is horrible.

because he won the hand does not mean they played the hand fine yeah they limp with 105 flop 2pr and turn fh kinda easy 2 play when opponent like larson has a big piece of it and improves.

but really the way it was played was pretty much a cooler and opponent  should not been hand in 1st place.
  • edited August 2013

Have decided to start having £2 Acca on the football each week. I don't normally bet on sport etc.. but it's only £2 and it will make the results more interesting for me.

Have gone for a 4 fold Acca.......

Grimsby
    Blackpool
    Newcastle
    Celtic

@ 16.79/1

Not sure if I will be playing much poker today as I think I am going out for a meal.

Gl at the tables all

• edited August 2013
    Have decided to start having £2 Acca on the football each week. I don't normally bet on sport etc.. but it's only £2 and it will make the results more interesting for me. Have gone for a 4 fold Acca....... Grimsby Blackpool Newcastle Celtic @ 16.79/1 Not sure if I will be playing much poker today as I think I am going out for a meal. Gl at the tables all
    Posted by waller02

Good luck with this mate. Do you know you would get a free £5 bet next week if you placed this using Sky Bet.Win or lose BTW. You would have to stake £5 on it though, so not encouraging you to spend more, but it is worth considering in future weeks if your football returns grows. You also have to opt in.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : Good luck with this mate. Do you know you would get a free £5 bet next week if you placed this using Sky Bet.Win or lose BTW. You would have to stake £5 on it though, so not encouraging you to spend more, but it is worth considering in future weeks if your football returns grows. You also have to opt in.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yeah I knew Alan cheers. £5 quid is a bit much for me atm but yeah if I start getting a decent return then it is something I will think about but apart from poker I'm not really a gambling man.....just done this to make the results more interesting.
  • edited August 2013
    Nice hand with your Kings!

I was on tilt after getting it in on the flop with the nuts in another tournie, and them hitting their 1 outer!

I didnt have the screen up, time bar was almost at 0 so could only shout call. When you raised, and other guy jammed was just hoping i could get you off Jacks or AK lol NH, Bring it down
  • edited August 2013
    gd luck waller take down the ukops rebuy 
  • edited August 2013
    Nice hand with your Kings! I was on tilt after getting it in on the flop with the nuts in another tournie, and them hitting their 1 outer! I didnt have the screen up, time bar was almost at 0 so could only shout call. When you raised, and other guy jammed was just hoping i could get you off Jacks or AK lol NH, Bring it down
    Posted by LARSON7
    I finished 2 off the money in it m8 anyway lol........some guy called a raise on flop with king high and got there :(.

GG though m8
  • edited August 2013
    Good night tonight.

Started off badly tonight and was losing hope tbh, but stuck with it and things turned around. Played the £2.20 deepy and finished 2 off the money..........at this point I was thinking "here we go again". I had one attempt at a sat for the UKOPS sidey but had no joy, so stuck with the mini and the rebuy.

In the mini I finished just shy of the money but managed to make a slight profit from head prizes. At the same time I cashed in a £750 BH..........I say cashed, but I had no head prizes so actually finished about 40p down lol.

Had a good result in the UKOPS rebuy though. Finished in 2nd place (no rebuy but took the addon). Slightly frustrating when you don't win but I have to say that the best player won. I started the HU play as a 3/1 dog, got lucky and drew level only for the chips to go in 77<88........but like I said, they pretty much had me in their pocket!!! Thanks a lot to the TPTers such as JJ,Dale,Larson,Pomm and Red_king who were railing. Thanks go to donk as well.

Finally.......VWD to flashjonny for finishing 3rd in tonights UKOPS main for a 4 figure score. Pleased for you m8 :)

waller0202£197.74
    BR = £386.99
  • edited August 2013
    wp on the 2nd place finish m8 nice wee bakroll boast and also wp to flashjonny in the main
  • edited August 2013
    wp on the 2nd place finish m8 nice wee bakroll boast and also wp to flashjonny in the main
    Posted by liamboi11
    ty liamboi, yeah was a very welcome boost!!

In my previous post I said I finished outside the money in the mini but looked this morning and I actually cashed in it lol........was concentrating on the rebuy too much!!
    waller02061£6.78 + £9.72 Head Prizes4
  • edited August 2013
    Today I have decided to allow around £20ish quid on sat attempts for both the Main and Side events......if I don't make it then it's tough haha

Will def be playing the 3max later on and I'm still undecided about the mini.

Gl at the tables all
  • edited August 2013
    Cracking result the other night.

Might have to take a peek at 50nl on a weekend after your comments!
  • edited August 2013
    Cracking result the other night. Might have to take a peek at 50nl on a weekend after your comments!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Cheers harry. I noticed you won a main recently, I was on a break at the time hence the lack of congrats......so belated congrats!!! There is def easy money to be made on the 50nl tables on a weekend night. I won't be making a habit of it but if you're well rolled (as I'm sure you are after your recent success) then you should def have a look m8.

I don't think I am meant to play the main event tonight, or the sidey!!! Have had 2 failed attempts at each one...I'm having one last go at the main before having ONE and only ONE all in sat later.
  • edited August 2013
    Got there on my last go......phew, please run good in the semi!!!!!

waller0262605Entry to UKOPS ME Semi.
    More chance of England winning the last test????? Both are possible!
  • edited August 2013

MMMMM, well I'm out the semi, however the cricket is still winnable!!

I'm playing the one all in sat as planned and if I don't get the seat I will switch off for the night and watch a film with the missus.

EDIT: No joy......forum reg Glenelg won the all in sat so best of luck to him. Gl to all playing the main tonight, that's me done for the night.

BR = £360.99

• edited August 2013
    Haven't updated for a couple of days, haven't won either!!

I have lost a fair bit which I'm not too concerned about because I did play quite a few UKOPS sats. I did say I wasn't going to but then I had a reasonable boost to my br so thought I may as well try to sat into one of the biggies. I didn't make it but you don't know if you don't try.

Normal service will be resumed now and I will be a lot stricter with my BRM to try and rebuild. I will be playing the mini's from now on so there is always a chance of a nice score there. Sky Poker Premiership also starts tonight which should be a laugh..........REDS REDS REDS REDS.

Also, I have been given a free seat into SPT Newcastle after one of the players won the seat then could no longer make it. It has been agreed that half of any winnings will be donated to Cancer Research so it would be nice to have a good run there. It is my first SPT and I can't wait to put a few faces to names........slightly nervous too, must admit!!!! Have never played live before either so any advice would be appreciated!!!

Tonight I plan to play the Reds v Yellows, the mini and the 7.15 deepy.

Gl at the tables all!!!

BR = £331.90

REDSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
  • edited August 2013
    Good read and glad to see you have turned things around. It seems you have finally found a winning fomula.

What I would say as abit of advice after reading this blog will help playing at the SPT. There seems to be a few spots that you have highlighted that live you will have more time to think about, so you will have more time to analyse the hand and get away from it if needed. Its never a good idea to risk your tourny life on a marginal hand in a flip.

I have played you a few times in sats recently and your play seems pretty solid. Just know when to take a break and finish for the night. I have many times played too long and lost money I shouldn't have.

I wish you all the best for the SPT and look forward to reading more of your diary.

Watto84 - Glenn