You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!)

1141516171820»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    If you lose 2 you'll stop playing? 
    That's just silly. Variance, long run and all that.
    I've lost 12 on the bounce before. No big deal, it will happen from time to time.
    Volume is the key to beating the Dyms. If you've got an edge in these then it will all work out fine in the end.
    Keep playing sir. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!):
    If you lose 2 you'll stop playing?  That's just silly. Variance, long run and all that. I've lost 12 on the bounce before. No big deal, it will happen from time to time. Volume is the key to beating the Dyms. If you've got an edge in these then it will all work out fine in the end. Keep playing sir. 
    Posted by Jac35

Oh you beat me to it.

If you are playing well then itl be silly to stop playing them if you are just getting unlucky...
  • edited October 2013
    Have not played all week due to being ill.......stomach bug with the full works!!! Not pleasant!!

Back tonight and tried a super sat for the £16k BH and finished 9th with 5 seats :(........gave myself one more attempt and scraped through!!!

waller0247156Entry to £16,000 B/Hunter
    Itching to go, full update later
  • edited October 2013
    Aint posted/looked on here for a little while. Is this all still from the original £50 not long ago?

If so, great acheivement so far, and now you got a roll where if you don't do anything crazy you should never need to deposit again. WP
  • edited October 2013

Ty for the advice about sticking at the DYMs Jac and gazza......the problem is that my confidence is easily shattered so if I lose 2 on the bounce then I automatically expect to lose the next one and so on. I shouldn't think like that but I can't help it haha.

Lambert, thankyou for your kind words. Yes it is from the £50, I had built up as high as £480 but have hit a sticky patch of late. Not too concerned though as it is just how it goes when playing mtts. I will never go crazy with my BRM again after already learning that lesson the hard way. Certainly don't intend on having to ever deposit again (but I never did last time either haha). Have been a constant reader of your diary and your recent blogs.......wish you all the best mate!!

Right, last night.

As I had already posted, I managed to sat into the £16K BH, the first main I had played in weeeeeeks so was really looking forward to it......until I saw my table draw. Tommyd and macmonster.....not ideal. I got off to a reasonable start though and even took an early head prize after Tommyd had won a big pot leaving the oppo with just 120 chips, I had AK in the next hand and took the bounty. I never built up a stack of more than 6k though and even though I had position on tommy, I avoided playing to many pots with him (he is just too good for me).

One key hand was when I managed to iso the 2 short stacks on the table whilst I was holding A10s.....happy days. One the players in particular was pretty much atc and wouldn't fold any pair so I had a great chance of a double bounty if I hit. The flop was 6 A 9.......that'll do so I bet enough to set them in and they both obliged with J6 and 26. So I'm like "no 2 no j no 2 no j....".......down comes the case 6 on the river!!! ouch! Anyway I ended up busting in around 120th with £45 in head prizes so a bit of profit from the £6 in sats.

I played for too many all in sats for the £4k and £1.5k BHs......prob about £18 worth!

Only other success' came in a £250 BH

waller02010£4.86 + £2.07 Head Prizes2
    and a £200 GTD
    waller0203£30
    Gonna try a couple of sats for the £16k BH again now........gl at the tables.

BR = £388.25
  • edited October 2013

I have decided to end this diary for a number of reasons.

1. I feel it has run its course and is having no benefit to me at the minute. I started it as a kick up the backside when I went bust and wanted to use it to ensure I maintained good BRM.

2. It has worked as I now have a healthy roll which allows me to grind the mtts.

3. I have learnt my lesson as far as BRM is concerned.

4. I'm finding more and more that I CBA to write the same stuff over and over again "Played X.....won X or lost X"

If I ever go broke again (which is certainly not the plan) then I may start again as it was a good way to help me re-focus on the game........but as long as I stick to good BRM I will hopefully never be writing a diary again!!!

Thanks to all who contributed and gave me words of encouragement when I was feel pretty down with poker!!

Gl at the tables all..........OUT!!!

• edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    Well done on building your bank roll up again from a really small amount.

Good luck going forward
  • edited October 2013
    Love your post & feel I understand a little. Life is short and we have to take chances, hope it works out.