You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!)

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Have sorted out the SPT seat and it has been transferred to FLASHJONNY. Couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke, have spoken to him on the phone and as well as having me in stiches the whole time, he has agreed to donate half of any winnings to Cancer Research as planned. Best of luck to him!!

Last night I played the DTD's and the mini's with no joy. Tonight I am playing the main, mini and the 7.15 deepy. I'm trying the main semi first and will buy in if I don't make it as it is only £11 and I can afford the odd one now.

Full update later, gl at the tables all.
  • edited September 2013
    Into the main for cheap.......here's hoping for a good run!!

waller0237058Entry to £4,000 Turbo Open

• edited September 2013
    My nights poker is over.

The main event didn't go great. Never got above 3.5k stack and busted out in the early/mid stages 44<77.

Slightly annoyed about the mini. I was in reasonable shape approaching the late stages but didn't have any head prizes. The crucial hand came when I was in the small blind with KQ, oppo in the CO shoved and it would cost me half my stack to call. There was a decent head prize on offer, the villain only had 8bb and I already had notes on him having a very wide range. Also, it was a turbo and I still had 9bb if I lost the hand........I called, he had A10 and held. Think the call was just about ok. I busted out soon after shoving K5s on the button and getting looked up by KQ.

Did cash in the deepy though, finishing in 3rd

waller0203£17.16
    BR = £470.20
  • edited September 2013
    I had written a long post then log in expired.....cba to type it again!!!

Long story shortened..........I played a bit of 10nl cash, lost more than I won, feel I could improve, unsure whether or not to play again.

Played 4 mtts, lost. Played 3 all in sats, lost.

Word of the night......lost. Had fun though.

Will prob stick to mtts and have another go at cash if I can re-build a bit.

BR = £419.31
  • edited September 2013
    Going to lay off the cash tables tonight and play a few mtts including the orfy.

Got through to the main semi so hoping I can get through that too.

waller0296555Entry to £8k B/Hunter Semi
    Gl to everyone that is going to Newcastle.....no the weekend is here I'm even more wounded as I would have been making my way up the A1 first thing tomorrow :(..........gl to FLASHJONNY though who has taken my seat.
  • edited September 2013
    Should be in Newcastle.............now, but instead I have just got back from work so it is a night on sky poker instead.

Last night I was unsuccessful in the 8k BH semi (also had 3 all in sats which is a habit I need to break!!). Only one cash to my name and that was in the Orfy where I finished 8th. Came close to defending my megastack title last night too but busted 3 short of the money after losing 22<A6.

waller0208£11.22
    Tonight I will be playing a couple of BH sats and a few mtts, although I'm not a 100% sure which ones yet.

BR = £409.93
  • edited September 2013
    I thought tonight was going to be a shocker. I started off really bad, either playing poor or running awful. Had KK and QQ a few times and there was always an ace on the flop....had a few early exits and was ready to put it down as a bad day at the office.

But..........I redeemed myself and won 2 mtts. The first was only a £25 GTD with 10 runners (still an mtt in my book! haha) and the second was a £250 BH. These 2 pulled back any earlier losses and ensured I was up for the night.

£25 GTD
    waller02580001£13
    £250 BH
    waller023860001£52.11 + £30.02 Head Prizes14£8.24
    One thing I need to control is to stop playing so many sats. When my roll was lower I always gave myself just one attempt and never played the all in sats........this is starting to slip so I'm going back to the ONE attempt rule that I always had.

BR = £459.56
  • edited September 2013
    Haven't played much recently as I have been really busy. I'm working all weekend too so not sure how much I will be playing then either.

I am playing tonight though although it wont be the in the main. I played one direct sat and lost that set over set and busted out just shy of a semi seat in the other sat that I played.......I will prob play ONE all in sat later though.

I have just reg for the £250 BH and will also be playing the mini and a deepy later. Not really feeling it pokerwise atm but I guess it's just because I'm so busy away from the tables.

Full update later.....gl at the tables all
  • edited September 2013
    Finished for the night now......it was so so.

I really need to stop playing all in sats, they are like drug.....just one more, just one more!!! Anyway I ended up playing 4. Gonna stop playing them all together now as I obv can't just stick with the one.

Cashed in 2 mtts.

First of all was a £750 BH

waller0208£14.43 + £12.07 Head Prizes5
    The other was the mini.

waller02060£6.52 + £5.61 Head Prizes2 

Quite happy with how I played tonight.....couple of dodgy hands but there always is and there always will be!!

Not sure I will be playing much over the weekend as I am working both days.

BR = £455.61
  • edited September 2013
    haha all in sats...Sky's version of crack co-caine.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!):
    haha all in sats...Sky's version of crack co-caine.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    they are m8.....if you have no will power then they grab you and don't let go!!!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : they are m8.....if you have no will power then they grab you and don't let go!!!
    Posted by waller02
    If Sky were such a responsible business, they would have AISA (all in sats anonymous) meetings.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Man (£50 or quits!!!) : If Sky were such a responsible business, they would have AISA (all in sats anonymous) meetings.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I'm not addicted to them, I can take em or leave em.....honest!!! man it's hard to type when your hands are shaking,.....
  • edited September 2013
    Pretty uneventful night and a short post.....

Played 3 all in sats, need help!! Only one cash to my name tonight and that was a min cash in the mini with no heads.

waller02070£6.180

Going to bed now as working in the morning.

BR = £431.39
  • edited September 2013
     Nice results - This has shot up since i last looked - GL
  • edited September 2013
     Nice results - This has shot up since i last looked - GL
    Posted by MP33
    Ty m8, yeah had some ok results recently but been up and down since then.

Tonight......

Spent 9 quid on primo sats. I have to stop playing so many as they seem to be the biggest hitter as far as my br goes lately.

Only one min cash to my name. In the mini, £500 BH and £750 BH all I made were semi decnt runs and few head prizes. I'm not playing too bad atm I feel. Mainly losing as a reasonable favourite with the chips in the middle, which is all you can do.

Just gotta reign the sats in to try and stop my br falling too much. I don't wanna drop below £400....that's my main aim right now.

Min cash in the 7.15 deepy

waller02011£4.66
    BR = £412.79
  • edited September 2013
    Things are not going well at the moment. Yesterday was a shocker and I had nothing to blame but my own bad play. Tonight I went deep in the £750 BH finishing 5 off the money but making my buy in back in head prizes.

Everything else was pretty frustrating, losing every race or hitting the board hard only for somebody else to have hit it harder. I have slipped below £400 now and I need to stop the rot. So, I am laying off the sats for a bit apart from having one go at the primo ones. I am also going to cut down the amount of mtts I play each night until I start running and playing better.

Won't be playing until Friday night now and a couple of nights off the tables should do me good.........not worried yet but I need to start turning this around a bit.

BR = £387.87
  • edited September 2013

Still not really happening for me atm but there was signs of improvement last night when I final tabled the Mega Stack.....love that mtt and the gty was broken again even though numbers were down on recent weeks.

waller0206£26.46
    I have recently started playing the DYMs again too with mixed success. Can somebody who is a member of sharkscope search for my last 100-200 DYMs and let me know the result please. I want to know if I have improved at these and whether or not I am wasting my time bothering with them.....cheers.

BR= £380.16

• edited September 2013
    Sigh.....good start to the evening!!

james0828411.251Entry to £8,000 B/Huntersascha20269588.752Entry to £8,000 B/Hunterwaller0203
  • edited September 2013
    Played last night for the first time in a week. This was for two reasons, 1. I haven't been playing well so felt I should have a break. 2. Just been very busy at work (which I will explain below).

Basically I'm a trainee at work. I had been lorry driving for years but when I hit 30 I decided to have a change of career before I got too old. So, I went to college and did a HNC in Electrical Engineering. This got me a trainee job working in electricity substations, this training is now coming to an end and in the next month I have my written and practical tests...........so have not had much time to play poker!

Any, I did play last. Not very well but I tried haha.

I played 5 mtts........cashed in one but overall things weren't going well. It was one of those nights where very little went right for me. it was good to be playing again though, I was surprised at how much I was itching to get back on the tables after a week off!!

Only cash of the night was 7th in a £250 BH

waller0207£6.72 + £4.31 Head Prizes5
    I am still playing the DYMs....again if somebody can search my last 500ish DYMs on sharkscope and then tell me if I am wasting my time playing them it would be much appreciated.

Playing for a bit today but having an early night tonight as I am up at 4 in the morning for work!!!

BR = £342.68.........still dropping!!!
  • edited September 2013
    My nights poker is over as I shall be going to bed in the next couple of hours..........seriously CBA to get up at 4!!!!

Had a reasonable night tonight. I played 2 mtts with an early exit in one. In the other I have just finished 7th (£350 BH).......here is the hand that ruined it for me. I'm sitting 2/11 and the oppo is the only one who can seriously hurt me. He had been fairly aggro but this is the first time he had 3b against me. I had been fairly aggro myself and I'm on the button so I may not look as strong as 10's.
    In the end I made a sigh call thinking if I won that hand I'm a massive chip leader with 10 left......still not sure about the call????
    sonicboom1 Small blind  500.00 500.00 20155.00
    Deenie Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 7975.00
      Your hole cards

bridboy451 Fold     
    Matel Fold     
    Bryben Fold     
    waller02 Raise  2500.00 4000.00 29369.37
    sonicboom1 All-in  20155.00 24155.00 0.00
    Deenie Fold     
    waller02 Call  18155.00 42310.00 11214.37
    sonicboom1 Show
    • K
    • A

waller02 Show

Flop

• K
    • Q
    • J

Turn

• K

River

sonicboom1 Win Three Kings 42310.00  42310.00
    Anyway I ended up in 7th which I will take right now!!!

waller0207£13 + £12.30 Head Prizes5
    Also had an ok night on the £5 dyms to stop the rot a bit!!

BR = £375.01
  • edited October 2013

Still not playing great poker but somehow managing to go fairly deep in mtts. The main leak atm is that I can't seem to stop making loose calls........I rarely believe when I should be!!! Last night I finished 5 off the money in one and bubbled another in the DTD's so the decent runs are there, I just need to reign in these spewy calls and I feel that I can turn the deep runs back into cashes.

I did manage to win the 7.15 deepy tonight but I got lucky when it mattered tbf!!

waller023650001£42.34
    I have lost the last 4 DYM's that I have played but I'm happy with how I played in them (bar 1 which was poor). I have been getting down to the last 4 and have followed previous advice by being the shover and not the caller, just lost 60/40s and 70/30s so I'm gonna stick at em for a while. Still wouldn't mind if somebody could search my recent DYM stats to see if I'm wasting my time (and money).

BR = £370.98

• edited October 2013
    I've limited the DYM search to 2013 only... before then its a bit messy tbh.  But i'm going to give you grace as you've probably learnt a lot since 2010 :).

DYMs only:

Count  Av Profit  Av Stake   Av ROI   Total Profit   Ability
    Waller02     360       £0.19       £1.8        8.9%     £67.14         60  
  • edited October 2013
    Well done on takin down the 7:15, nice wee tournie! And nice return for £2!
  • edited October 2013
    @ gazza - Yeah i'm not surprised it looks a bit messy from 2010. When I first started playing poker the only thing I ever played were DYMs.....badly!! Looking at recent stats I think I will stick with them for a while. Thanks for searching for me.

@ Larson - ty m8, but recent games mean I have lost it again haha

Last night was a fairly brutal night at the tables, but it was al my own fault! Yesterday I passed the first part of my trade test at work (meaning if I pass the second part next month then I will be a fully qualified craftsman with a considerable pay rise). So, I booked today off work and celebrated by sinking a few ales!!

I have always said in the past that some of my best poker results have come whilst having a few beers........but there is a line!! Well last night I found that line and crossed it.....BIGTIME!! When you get to the stage that you have to squint to see what cards you have you should really call it a night. I was playing awful, but still somehow managed to bubble the last mtt I played (a £100 speed BH)......in fact I should have perhaps made the ft after being in great shape until Stella Artois told me bluff my whole stack off by repping a fh (when in fact the oppo had it!!). I called it a night at this point!

So 40 quid down the pan, but at least I had fun!!

BR = £330.68
  • edited October 2013
    How are things going..........first hand of a £750 BH
    purdey44 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1970.00
    pycr Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

chris85 Fold     
    jayjools Fold     
    jojayabbs Raise  40.00 70.00 1900.00
    waller02 Raise  160.00 230.00 1830.00
    purdey44 Call  150.00 380.00 1820.00
    pycr Fold     
    jojayabbs Fold     
    Flop

• J

purdey44 Check     
    waller02 Bet  190.00 570.00 1640.00
    purdey44 Call  190.00 760.00 1630.00
    Turn

• K

purdey44 All-in  1630.00 2390.00 0.00
    waller02 Call  1630.00 4020.00 10.00
    purdey44 Show
    • A
    • Q

waller02 Show
    • J
    • J

River

purdey44 Win Straight to the Ace 4020.00  4020.00
    Horrid update to come tomorrow haha.........not enjoying the poker right now!!
  • edited October 2013
    I have redeemed myself!!!

Not playing great, not running great..........in fact I'm playing nothing short of poor! But I managed to ft the 9.15 deepy and then went on to win the £100 speed BH (which is mainly luck anyway haha)....so all losses have been pulled back!!!

9.15 deepy
    waller0205£13.67
    £100 BH
    waller021960001£69.83 + £30.30 Head Prizes4£9.44
    BR = £397.62
  • edited October 2013
    Well done mate
    Keep going
  • edited October 2013
    Well done waller.

Looking at the positive side....at least you are back and grinding a few MTT's with your bankrol, which you were no where near being able to do a few Months ago

Best of Luck
  • edited October 2013
    Cheers jac and Trev....yeah it is nice to at least have built up a bit of a roll to be able to play mtts, which is the format I most enjoy.

Finished for the night now at a frustrating point!!! Got down to the last 4 in a £200 GTD only to lose QQ<88 in a pot which would have put me as a big chip leader with a fantastic chance of taking it down. The 8 on the flop sealed my fate. Was actually a really enjoyable 4 way battle with chips going back and forth for around 45 mins, just disappointed to go out like that but at least I did nothing wrong which makes a refreshing change!!!

sonnylane900001£83.25extraman02£49.50Strikehot03£33.75waller0204£24.75
    In the DYMs things have taken a turn for the worse!!! Today I played 5 and lost 5 haha. So from now on I am giving myself a limit......if I lose 2 on the bounce then I stop playing them for the day!!

Had no joy in the other mtts that I played tonight. The only highlight of my day was an argument/debate I had with another player (the hand is posted in the clinic), all is cool now and there are no hard feelings......on reflection I don't think either of us played the hand paticularly well. Tis poker though, we look at hands, learn and try to move on!

BR = £362.32