You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Update

Pathetic, gone on tilt as I run so s*** so thought ill play anything from anywhere.  So what do you do when u run like me to win, keep shoving on flush draws, what happens when u run like me ? u hit f****** all

Sky BR I done, I have no ambition to site there like a nerd for 3 months to get it back to where it was.

Dedicated another Saturday to try and achieve what I wanted, and got absoulty nowhere, I wish I could play against me.

I put so much more time into improving, so much more then all these other players and I don't make any progress.  I worked on my mental game all week, so why now am I feeling like this?

just under 7 buy ins down today, how pathetic.

So sick of this game, my life would be better without it, all that I achieve is more failure no matter what I don't.  Cant even believe how p****** I feel now writing this, such b******

sky : £210

888:$481
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    telboy111 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £5.30
    SMV Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £12.36
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.50 £9.60
    mitchyboi5 Call  £0.30 £0.80 £21.27
    burford90 Call  £0.30 £1.10 £8.12
    stretch144 Call  £0.30 £1.40 £22.09
    telboy111 Fold     
    SMV Call  £0.20 £1.60 £12.16
    Flop

SMV Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £1.00 £2.60 £8.60
    mitchyboi5 Fold     
    burford90 Fold     
    stretch144 Fold     
    SMV Raise  £3.70 £6.30 £8.46
    robbie1992 All-in  £8.60 £14.90 £0.00
    SMV Call  £5.90 £20.80 £2.56
    SMV Show

robbie1992 Show
    • Q
    • J

Turn

• A

River

SMV Win Pair of 8s £19.40  £21.96
     don't hit
    telboy111 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £7.00
    SMV Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £11.82
    mitchyboi5 Big blind  £0.10 £0.30 £23.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.60 £11.94
    mitchyboi5 Raise  £0.40 £1.00 £22.60
    burford90 Raise  £1.10 £2.10 £8.62
    stretch144 Call  £1.10 £3.20 £8.97
    telboy111 Fold     
    SMV Call  £1.00 £4.20 £10.82
    robbie1992 Call  £0.80 £5.00 £11.14
    mitchyboi5 Call  £0.60 £5.60 £22.00
    Flop

• Q

SMV Check     
    robbie1992 Check     
    mitchyboi5 Check     
    burford90 Check     
    stretch144 All-in  £8.97 £14.57 £0.00
    SMV Fold     
    robbie1992 All-in  £11.14 £25.71 £0.00
    mitchyboi5 Fold     
    burford90 Fold     
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £2.17 £23.54 £2.17
    robbie1992 Show
    • A

stretch144 Show
    • J
    • Q

Turn

• K

River

stretch144 Win Pair of Queens £22.14  £22.14
    don't hit...great shove.
    ryderroo Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.02
    GARY500 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £17.99
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

lecksville Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £12.20
    bpctlc Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.88
    ryderroo Raise  £0.45 £1.20 £14.57
    GARY500 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.40 £2.60 £10.80
    bpctlc Call  £1.40 £4.00 £10.48
    ryderroo Call  £1.20 £5.20 £13.37
    Flop

• A

ryderroo Bet  £1.70 £6.90 £11.67
    robbie1992 Call  £1.70 £8.60 £9.10
    bpctlc Call  £1.70 £10.30 £8.78
    Turn

ryderroo Check     
    robbie1992 All-in  £9.10 £19.40 £0.00
    bpctlc All-in  £8.78 £28.18 £0.00
    ryderroo Fold     
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £0.32 £27.86 £0.32
    robbie1992 Show
    • A
    • A

bpctlc Show
    • J

River

bpctlc Win Straight to the Jack £26.46  £26.46
    cold call of 4 bet with one still to act deserved this

robbie1992 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.05
    moyle06 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.13
      Your hole cards
    • K

pwsmid10 Fold     
    FlashHarry Fold     
    gragun Fold     
    garner909 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.75
    moyle06 Call  £0.25 £0.70 £9.88
    Flop

robbie1992 Check     
    moyle06 Bet  £0.35 £1.05 £9.53
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.10 £2.15 £8.65
    moyle06 Call  £0.75 £2.90 £8.78
    Turn

robbie1992 Bet  £2.10 £5.00 £6.55
    moyle06 Call  £2.10 £7.10 £6.68
    River

• J

robbie1992 All-in  £6.55 £13.65 £0.00
    moyle06 All-in  £6.68 £20.33 £0.00
    moyle06 Unmatched bet  £0.13 £20.20 £0.13
    robbie1992 Show
    • K

moyle06 Show
    • J
    • J

moyle06 Win Full House, Jacks and 5s £18.80  £18.93

Hit my flush at last my turn to win

• edited July 2013
    So sick of this game, my life would be better without it, all that I achieve is more failure no matter what I don't.  Cant even believe how p****** I feel now writing this, such b******

This says it all..

A game/hobby shouldn't make you feel so angry and/frustrated down about things, don't need to tell you there is more important things in life, take a break withdraw all your money do whatever just don't keep making yourself feel awful because of a game of poker, not worth the hassle.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : ok why tho?  The guy had limps  often was fairly weak, it's a play that's going to surprise my opponents and allow me to convincingly rep low flops, and I have position . What bits spewy so I can learn 
    Posted by robbie1992
    Because he isnt calling a worse hand on the turn.

And A5, I just so hate the call and with it being oop as well..........

Unfortunatly you have not improved the mental game. Complete split personalities. When winning its the best thing in the world, and when losing you seem to have so much anger. I would suggest time time at 4nl, the money might mean less, but I think that is good for you right now. Either that or take a break.
  • edited July 2013
    So sick of this game, my life would be better without it, all that I achieve is more failure no matter what I don't.  Cant even believe how p****** I feel now writing this, such b****** This says it all.. A game/hobby shouldn't make you feel so angry and/frustrated down about things, don't need to tell you there is more important things in life, take a break withdraw all your money do whatever just don't keep making yourself feel awful because of a game of poker, not worth the hassle.
    Posted by benc
    It's a good point I was  thinking the same. How's everything going in your game?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Because he isnt calling a worse hand on the turn. And A5, I just so hate the call and with it being oop as well.......... Unfortunatly you have not improved the mental game. Complete split personalities. When winning its the best thing in the world, and when losing you seem to have so much anger. I would suggest time time at 4nl, the money might mean less, but I think that is good for you right now. Either that or take a break.
    Posted by calcalfold
    But it wasn't down for value, it's a bluff when a scare card comes 

I won  be playing 4nl or taking a break  I don't think, I worked on my mental game  and hadn't even been near  tilting. just going to read it some more and go again in the hope things will turn around. 
  • edited July 2013
    Robbie,

7 buy-ins isn't great but not that unusual.i've lost that and more and know just how you feel mate.
    as benc says it's a game/hobby and you should treat it that way.
    yes you have worked hard trying to improve your game which is good and you should be commended for that.
    how people play against you is out of your control mate and you have to adjust your play against each player.
    imo you need to tighten your play.
    you are losing too many hands un-necessarily by getting involved when you should/could be folding pre-flop.

the qj & a5 suited for ex look good p/f but you didn't hit the flush both times and lost the maximum.
    that is just bad play imo as you are gambling when you really don't need to especially at the levels being played.
    if I were you I would make a list up of hands to play and stick to it.
    mine would read something like;
    ak aq aj in position
    all pairs obviously with the intention of hitting a set,if I miss then it's normally a fold afterwards.
    i'm never going to war with just 1 pair.maybe aa or kk being the exception.
    fold all A rags even suited... ALWAYS.
    kq kj even suited again looks good p/f but don't get too excited by them.
    again we don't want to be losing big pots with them.win little...lose little.

once you lose a big pot or more ie; 2 buy-ins+ it's now all about damage limitation for me.
    we try and grind it back slowly.
    going mad and chasing drawing hands is never great.
    you should even think about finishing the session and accept losing the 2 buy-ins.
    also,if you are playing 4/6 tables maybe drop it to just 2.
    that will help stop the bleeding.

there are lots of things that you can do Robbie,and I've mentioned just a few.
    you need to make changes.don't blame anyone but yourself when you lose,i don't.
    if you put money in the pot then that's your choice no-one elses.
    you win some...you lose some.

you are struggling with 'the mental side of poker' obviously,and it's going to be a daily struggle for you to beat it.
    you can beat it though,but it will take some time.

also,if losing 6/7 buy-ins etc makes you feel this way,you are playing at to high a level for your b/roll.
    yes losing £60/£70 hurts of course it does.
    but you should either accept it or drop down levels so it then doesn't hurt so bad.
    why do you think i'm now playing 1c/2c? :)
    it's not because I can't afford to play higher,of course I can. i'm enjoying the challenge of building my roll from nothing..(ok $7 then).
    maybe it is something you could think of doing?

anyway Robbie, whatever you decide to do is up to you,no-one else.
    best wishes mate,
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited July 2013
    "also,if losing 6/7 buy-ins etc makes you feel this way,you are playing at to high a level for your b/roll."

This times about 7 billion

Unfortunatly ego often gets in the way of progression.
  • edited July 2013
    Robbie, 7 buy-ins isn't great but not that unusual.i've lost that and more and know just how you feel mate. as benc says it's a game/hobby and you should treat it that way. yes you have worked hard trying to improve your game which is good and you should be commended for that. how people play against you is out of your control mate and you have to adjust your play against each player. imo you need to tighten your play. you are losing too many hands un-necessarily by getting involved when you should/could be folding pre-flop. the qj & a5 suited for ex look good p/f but you didn't hit the flush both times and lost the maximum. that is just bad play imo as you are gambling when you really don't need to especially at the levels being played. if I were you I would make a list up of hands to play and stick to it. mine would read something like; ak aq aj in position all pairs obviously with the intention of hitting a set,if I miss then it's normally a fold afterwards. i'm never going to war with just 1 pair.maybe aa or kk being the exception. fold all A rags even suited... ALWAYS. kq kj even suited again looks good p/f but don't get too excited by them. again we don't want to be losing big pots with them.win little...lose little. once you lose a big pot or more ie; 2 buy-ins+ it's now all about damage limitation for me. we try and grind it back slowly. going mad and chasing drawing hands is never great. you should even think about finishing the session and accept losing the 2 buy-ins. also,if you are playing 4/6 tables maybe drop it to just 2. that will help stop the bleeding. there are lots of things that you can do Robbie,and I've mentioned just a few. you need to make changes.don't blame anyone but yourself when you lose,i don't. if you put money in the pot then that's your choice no-one elses. you win some...you lose some. you are struggling with 'the mental side of poker' obviously,and it's going to be a daily struggle for you to beat it. you can beat it though,but it will take some time. also,if losing 6/7 buy-ins etc makes you feel this way,you are playing at to high a level for your b/roll. yes losing £60/£70 hurts of course it does. but you should either accept it or drop down levels so it then doesn't hurt so bad. why do you think i'm now playing 1c/2c? :) it's not because I can't afford to play higher,of course I can. i'm enjoying the challenge of building my roll from nothing..(ok $7 then). maybe it is something you could think of doing? anyway Robbie, whatever you decide to do is up to you,no-one else. best wishes mate, (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Yeah I know its just the fact that I was starting a BR and wanted to build it up and now iv had this start it will just take a lot longer.  Its more frustrating then anything .  My mental side has always been my worst problem, iv constantly read stuff and looked for help and I thought it had improved a lot but obv yesterday shows not as much as I thought.  The tables im fine with and the level I play im fine.  Losing £60-70 isn't nice but saying it in "buy ins" helps and tbh I don't really worry about losing money, as long as im confident I know how to solve things to get it back, which I think ill turn this BR around, would just be nice to be infront instead of behide.  Last time I had this BR I needed the promotion and long grinds to win 40buy ins in about a month, so I done all that and was only actually about 12 buy ins up.  Never mind BR are swingy I suppose, just worried I now only have 21 buy ins.

The strategy advice I agree with, I wouldn't play those hands from that position if I was playing normally so why do It now when im losing.  Also I wouldn't of shoved for the draws either, the JQ I don't mind but the a5 one I think is awful play on all steets, I shouldn't even of been opening from utg with it.  Just cant seem to do the things I know which are correct.

Thanks for the advice, im going out today for about but will be online early afternoon starting the recovery mission.  What site you now playing on , is it one with 3 numbers in a row? thought I remember you saying it was that.
  • edited July 2013
    "also,if losing 6/7 buy-ins etc makes you feel this way,you are playing at to high a level for your b/roll." This times about 7 billion Unfortunatly ego often gets in the way of progression.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Its not the money like I said its just the fact im losing....come on you cant honestly say you look back when you've had a  losing  day and feel nothing at all?

I reject its anything to do with ego, why would I constantly say things arnt good enough with my play, drop down to 10 nl, build a BR from scratch even though I could start one bigger with tourney winnings and always ask for advice if I have a big ego?

If that was true I would just turn up, think im better then everyone and just play.
  • edited July 2013
    By the way, 75 hand, I can kind of see where you are coming from - being the pf aggressor. But you have been bet into twice, muck the 75.
  • edited July 2013
    Robbie buddy, if you lost 7bi at free money tables would you be posting this much anger?

Well, I have never lost 7bi in a 4nl session, but I never go crazy no. Sure its a bit annoying, but knowing that it is near on impossible to win every session its not a bother.

Have a lot at some of the year graphs on 2+2. Look at the swongs.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay fair enough, I was just doing it to vary my play, somthing abit unpredictable. 

No prob not but if I was being serious and wanted to win I'd be dissapointed. 7 is prob my biggest ever I think, and about 2/3 buy ins were lost through silliness, that's the frustrating bit.

Okay ill have a look at them thanks. I still find variance tough to deal with. 
  • edited July 2013
    hey robbie not posted for a bit kinda been takin easy the last few days so not been on a great deal good have you back.

regarding the swings you have had 7bi`s is not much at all as you know I play 20/30nl and there is days i`m having swings of around £200 which can be quite frustrating but you just have to blank it out keep playing your game and be confident in you own game to turn it around which I know you can.

also regarding the 75 hand I like you are adding these type of hands in to your 3bet range, only downfall I have is after the flop and turn you have just took a passive line  basically giving him control in the hand. By doing so he has got there on turn ,not saying i`m right in saying this but when he donks into you on the flop on that  dry 9 high board seems weak to me.

Think about it this way if you had overpair in this spot you would prob raise the flop so why not do it here and rep a big hand and take control. there will be occasions they do have the 9 and they don`t fold flop,they are a lot of turn and river cards that they would be scared of and you can then turn your pair of sevens into bluff and take them off the pot with further agression,this will obviously depend on what kind of opponent you have if it`s just a calling station I would never take this line.

hope this helps and makes sense trying a different line mind pm if you need help with anything buddy
  • edited July 2013
    hey robbie not posted for a bit kinda been takin easy the last few days so not been on a great deal good have you back. regarding the swings you have had 7bi`s is not much at all as you know I play 20/30nl and there is days i`m having swings of around £200 which can be quite frustrating but you just have to blank it out keep playing your game and be confident in you own game to turn it around which I know you can. also regarding the 75 hand I like you are adding these type of hands in to your 3bet range, only downfall I have is after the flop and turn you have just took a passive line  basically giving him control in the hand. By doing so he has got there on turn ,not saying i`m right in saying this but when he donks into you on the flop on that  dry 9 high board seems weak to me. Think about it this way if you had overpair in this spot you would prob raise the flop so why not do it here and rep a big hand and take control. there will be occasions they do have the 9 and they don`t fold flop,they are a lot of turn and river cards that they would be scared of and you can then turn your pair of sevens into bluff and take them off the pot with further agression,this will obviously depend on what kind of opponent you have if it`s just a calling station I would never take this line. hope this helps and makes sense trying a different line mind pm if you need help with anything buddy
    Posted by liamboi11
    hmm I think on a board that dry im not always going to be raising the flop, but point taken.  Thanks if I need to talk ill pm, thankyou .
  • edited July 2013
    yes Robbie i am playing the same other site as you.
    gl mate.you know all my comments are only said to try and help you.
    i know you are a good player mate,and i am in no position to tell you how to play.
    but i do think you have a number of leaks (which i guess we all do),and it's not always easy to see them for yourself, sometimes.
    i have had loads pointed out to me and it has helped my game 1,000,000%
    i think you would benefit from some advice from a higher stake player mate.i know Liamboi would be more than happy to help you,and i think if i were you i would ask him for some h/h advice by PM.

gl buddy,
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2013
    Update

Bad news again, another 3 buy in losing day.  Feel dejected tbh, just fed up.  My BR is over iv got just under 18 buy ins for 10nl, a level full of fish and I still cant win.  How did I ever manage to win all those buy ins at 10nl recently? lol
      Same old story really, run awful, didn't hit anything and had the absolutely diabolical hand I include every session.  Happy on the whole how I played today, after yesterday and my confident being so low, I was disciplined pre flop with my decision and got my hand selection correct.  Post flop like I said there was 2 hands I think were poor but apart from that I think I done good.  Had my bit of paper to write my thoughts on so it didn't build up and I didn't tilt, and it worked mentally I was fine.  Yeah that's about all I got to say today.  Shame things didn't happen today the tables were loose and if I hit even top pair I think I would of been playing for stacks. 

This in my whole 4 years of playing is my worst ever start/ couple of days.  Tbh I felt disgusting when I went to bed last night, today im disappointed but what can I do? not going to let it ruin my day really.  One thing I realised is that I wasted so much time working on my game, some people just cant be good at poker, it requires a lot of different attributes and I just cant get the hang of it.  Think im mostly done playing and believing there's money to be made from poker, there not, were all trying but all as bad as each other.  Just my opinion but I couldn't have done anything more to improve.

br: £176

888:$480
  • edited July 2013
    Just as Dev said above robbie mate, if Liamboi is offering you free advice you should snap his hand off.

Imo liamboi is one of the best regs at the 20/50nl levels on site and could easily beat the game at higher levels and your game will come on loads for his help.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Daz.
  • edited July 2013
    1)
    RICHIE_UK Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £33.59
    Appleart Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £41.75
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

1jaxonray1 Fold     
    SNOOKY118 Raise  £0.30 £0.50 £9.40
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.90 £1.40 £12.20
    cactusjac Fold     
    RICHIE_UK Fold     
    Appleart Call  £0.80 £2.20 £40.95
    SNOOKY118 Call  £0.60 £2.80 £8.80
    Flop

Appleart Check     
    SNOOKY118 Check     
    robbie1992 Check     
    Turn

Appleart Bet  £2.80 £5.60 £38.15
    SNOOKY118 Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £2.80 £8.40 £9.40
    River

Appleart Bet  £8.40 £16.80 £29.75
    robbie1992 Call  £8.40 £25.20 £1.00
    Appleart Show

robbie1992 Muck
    • A
    • Q

Appleart Win Four 8s £23.80  £53.55
    The diabolical hand.  The guy is a fish literally one of the worst players I played against on the site.  I check flop and was cb a very low % because there was no point to cb, I c/c turn thinking his done that because we both checked and I still prob got the best hand, the river comes I now think the board beats us.  I look at the pot and think not worth it....then I think why should he be shoving me around his proved how bad his play is by constantly bluffing etc.  So I call.  It then hit me that in fact iv lost 120bb which A high.....too a fish.  Iv also realised writing this that in fact if he had an 8 he still woulda had me beat.  After 2/3 years of working on me game, I didn't write all this that your reading I have to laugh at myself otherwise I will cry.  Hope it gives u a laugh aswell.

2)
    kgee Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £12.13
    robbie1992 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £20.43
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Pisto Fold     
    Carnage Fold     
    SPAMHEAD77 Fold     
    bettingbox Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £13.58
    kgee Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.10 £1.65 £19.33
    bettingbox Call  £0.80 £2.45 £12.78
    Flop

robbie1992 Check     
    bettingbox Bet  £1.84 £4.29 £10.94
    robbie1992 Raise  £4.60 £8.89 £14.73
    bettingbox All-in  £10.94 £19.83 £0.00
    robbie1992 All-in  £14.73 £34.56 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £6.55 £28.01 £6.55
    robbie1992 Show
    • K
    • K

bettingbox Show

Turn

• Q

River

bettingbox Win Three 4s £26.61  £26.61
    Biggest pot of the day, just unlucky.

3)
    Pisto Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.72
    LB438 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.62
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Carnage Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £9.10
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.20 £1.75 £8.30
    arrow127 Fold     
    Pisto Fold     
    LB438 Fold     
    Carnage Call  £0.80 £2.55 £8.30
    Flop

Carnage Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £1.80 £4.35 £6.50
    Carnage Call  £1.80 £6.15 £6.50
    Turn

Carnage Check     
    robbie1992 All-in  £6.50 £12.65 £0.00
    Carnage All-in  £6.50 £19.15 £0.00
    Carnage Show

robbie1992 Show
    • A
    • A

River

Carnage Win Four 6s £17.75  £17.75
    think I played this good, was waiting to see his QQ, just unlucky.

4)
    Carnage Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.70
    bobstout23 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

bettingbox Fold     
    kabba Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £9.70
    tigergaz Call  £0.30 £0.75 £6.79
    Carnage Fold     
    bobstout23 Call  £0.20 £0.95 £8.80
    Flop

• A

bobstout23 Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £0.48 £1.43 £9.22
    tigergaz Raise  £2.39 £3.82 £4.40
    bobstout23 Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £1.91 £5.73 £7.31
    Turn

robbie1992 Check     
    tigergaz All-in  £4.40 £10.13 £0.00
    robbie1992 Call  £4.40 £14.53 £2.91
    robbie1992 Show
    • A
    • Q

tigergaz Show
    • A

River

• K

tigergaz Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s £13.44  £13.44
    This is a fold on the flop, even if my notes on the player says it isn't.

5)
    albaking Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £3.45
    RICHIE_UK Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £11.58
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

Appleart Call  £0.10 £0.30 £21.08
    SMV Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £4.90
    ianreyneke Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £0.50 £1.30 £16.78
    albaking Fold     
    RICHIE_UK Fold     
    Appleart Call  £0.40 £1.70 £20.68
    Flop

• J

Appleart Check     
    SMV Bet  £1.28 £2.98 £3.62
    robbie1992 Call  £1.28 £4.26 £15.50
    Appleart Call  £1.28 £5.54 £19.40
    Turn

Appleart Check     
    SMV All-in  £3.62 £9.16 £0.00
    robbie1992 Call  £3.62 £12.78 £11.88
    Appleart All-in  £19.40 £32.18 £0.00
    robbie1992 Fold     
    Appleart Unmatched bet  £15.78 £16.40 £15.78
    Appleart Show

SMV Show
    • Q
    • K

River

Appleart Win Three 2s £15.17  £30.95
    Same fish from hand 1, if he plays it fast on the flop I lose my stack, id never ever ever fold this on the flop .

Thoughts?
  • edited July 2013
    yes Robbie i am playing the same other site as you. gl mate.you know all my comments are only said to try and help you. i know you are a good player mate,and i am in no position to tell you how to play. but i do think you have a number of leaks (which i guess we all do),and it's not always easy to see them for yourself, sometimes. i have had loads pointed out to me and it has helped my game 1,000,000% i think you would benefit from some advice from a higher stake player mate.i know Liamboi would be more than happy to help you,and i think if i were you i would ask him for some h/h advice by PM. gl buddy, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I think im a good player, but im massively unstable mentally and strategy wise lol I do have a number of leaks which I cant find myself my hands make sense to me because its all I no.  Yeah I think I will message him.  I wished I had someone to work with everyday, I know no one that has any interest in poker tbh.

Cheers dev appreciate it mate, gl.
  • edited July 2013
    you always feel bad straight after losing mate,as we all do,and posting straight afterwards will always be about how bad you are feeling.
    in the cold light of the next day losing 3 buy's won't feel so bad.
     post your worst 2 or 3 losing hands to Liamboii and see what he thinks.
    I bet he will find something that maybe you are not seeing.
    that's my best advice right now mate.
    gl
    :)
    dev

• edited July 2013
    Bit of advice on the hands ive just looked at without mentioning any of the players involved it seems to me that you are paying off players who are not capable of betting strong unless they actually are strong and as such dont balance their ranges well.

These types of player are the easiest to beat and all you need to do is take more notice of their tendencies in play and adjust your own game to deal with them.

Just make a few notes on certain players eg: weak limper, calling machine etc etc and take note of how often they actually show aggression or just call down and you will find that the times they are actually showing aggression are the times when you should be folding asap.

Good luck.
  • edited July 2013
    Take advice with liam we have had some good battles on the cash tables id say we are as gd as each other on cash knows what hes on about 
  • edited July 2013
    i can see alot of fundamental errors in some of these cash hands  the aa hand in particular how u are not raising on that flop is beyond me 

i see alot of spots u are plain out n out gambling happy to get it in with flushdraws wheres the edge here ?  u play ya hands well diff to how i would play them 
  • edited July 2013
    you always feel bad straight after losing mate,as we all do,and posting straight afterwards will always be about how bad you are feeling. in the cold light of the next day losing 3 buy's won't feel so bad.  post your worst 2 or 3 losing hands to Liamboii and see what he thinks. I bet he will find something that maybe you are not seeing. that's my best advice right now mate. gl :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I don't feel bad tbh, what can I do? The mental game had the best quote, " I can't play perfect I can only play my best". Basically meaning even if I do the best of what I no it still prob isn't good enough
  • edited July 2013
    Bit of advice on the hands ive just looked at without mentioning any of the players involved it seems to me that you are paying off players who are not capable of betting strong unless they actually are strong and as such dont balance their ranges well. These types of player are the easiest to beat and all you need to do is take more notice of their tendencies in play and adjust your own game to deal with them. Just make a few notes on certain players eg: weak limper, calling machine etc etc and take note of how often they actually show aggression or just call down and you will find that the times they are actually showing aggression are the times when you should be folding asap. Good luck.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Thanks for that advice, I write notes stating major hands and general tendencies. Yeah I think I will ask Liam his always offering help. Just finding it tough to make process atm, today's hands were full of desperation IMO, evn tho I didn't reli feel like that
  • edited July 2013
    i can see alot of fundamental errors in some of these cash hands  the aa hand in particular how u are not raising on that flop is beyond me  i see alot of spots u are plain out n out gambling happy to get it in with flushdraws wheres the edge here ?  u play ya hands well diff to how i would play them 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Ur comment was pointless and ur attention seeking annoys me so much on the forum. Don't just comment saying how bad it was give me constructive advice, no point me posting hands for u to say how bad they are, I know that what I need now is advice so the amount of time this happens isn't often
  • edited July 2013
    Come on, if you're calling players "fish" and "the worst player on the site", you've got to take the names out.

Hand number 2 - what do you think he is shoving with there? Does he/she ever do that with something that you have beat?
  • edited July 2013
    I aint read other replies so it might be covered but there are some glaring mistakes here.

Hand 1 - I definitely c-bet, we can still get called by loads of weaker Ax and even hands like KQ/KJ. We'll also be betting this when we've 3bet with dem decent PPs. As played, you've thrown away £11.20 completely needlessly. He's went full pot, and full pot again, and you're calling knowing you're playing the board. It's an old saying but you should really avoid calling for chops in most cases. Turn is a fold, river is a fold.... but you know that already.

Hand 2 - You've played this SO backwards. You've 3bet pre (good), then decide not to c-bet (wierd) then on top of that, instead of chcek/call you check/raise (really wierd), so you've check/raised and he still clearly wants to get it in (this means he almost certainly has 1pr beat or VERY good equity against us). You should c-bet, if he raises then flat.

Hand 3 - That's just puke but I probably bet smaller on the turn.

Hand 4 - Think we can make what feels like a pretty nitty fold on the flop. It's such a massive overbet that I'd expect him to have 2pr/sets and is afraid of a 4th heart coming down virtually 100% of the time.

Hand 5 - Meh, well played, calling 2nd shove is dependent on what you think of opponent but you seem to not think much of him. I definitely wouldn't see that I'm never folding this flop though. First of all we're 3way and more importantly it's like the dryest flop in the world.... no FD basically no straight draws, if people start piling money in on this flop it's likely to be sets and OPs.
  • edited July 2013
    Come on, if you're calling players "fish" and "the worst player on the site", you've got to take the names out. Hand number 2 - what do you think he is shoving with there? Does he/she ever do that with something that you have beat?
    Posted by FCHD
    I apolgise I just forgot because I was posting so many hands, I didn't mean it rudely just as banter. Come on look at my hands im sure he could say a lot back to me if he wanted, just adds to the game makes it more exciting.  I don't think iv ever seen his name on here anyways so ill doubt he'll see it.  sorry if I cause offense.

The KK??? theres a massive range I beat there, is that not a perfect flop for me? I beat flush draws, 10x hand, JJ QQ ( which are possiable with the 4x raise) some odd straights , 99/88 might call another street hoping I have the FD and will give up.

If this is a flop im happy to get it in with....what is?
  • edited July 2013
    I aint read other replies so it might be covered but there are some glaring mistakes here. Hand 1 - I definitely c-bet, we can still get called by loads of weaker Ax and even hands like KQ/KJ. We'll also be betting this when we've 3bet with dem decent PPs. As played, you've thrown away £11.20 completely needlessly. He's went full pot, and full pot again, and you're calling knowing you're playing the board. It's an old saying but you should really avoid calling for chops in most cases. Turn is a fold, river is a fold.... but you know that already. Hand 2 - You've played this SO backwards. You've 3bet pre (good), then decide not to c-bet (wierd) then on top of that, instead of chcek/call you check/raise (really wierd), so you've check/raised and he still clearly wants to get it in (this means he almost certainly has 1pr beat or VERY good equity against us). You should c-bet, if he raises then flat. Hand 3 - That's just puke but I probably bet smaller on the turn. Hand 4 - Think we can make what feels like a pretty nitty fold on the flop. It's such a massive overbet that I'd expect him to have 2pr/sets and is afraid of a 4th heart coming down virtually 100% of the time. Hand 5 - Meh, well played, calling 2nd shove is dependent on what you think of opponent but you seem to not think much of him. I definitely wouldn't see that I'm never folding this flop though. First of all we're 3way and more importantly it's like the dryest flop in the world.... no FD basically no straight draws, if people start piling money in on this flop it's likely to be sets and OPs.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yep completely agree the hand is madness, have no excuses just awful play.  Think in this bad run iv tried to hard, trying to force hands and make them winning hands, 2nd guessing my decisions.  Just need to let things happen and not force it.

The reason I decided not tob CB is I want to balance my range as iv been working on that a lot, so I need to be c/c and c/r some flops, and I decided to c/r this flop due to there being a fd which he might put me on as sometimes I play a fd this way rather than c/c c/c.  I have to be carful imo that balancing my range doesn't sacrifice me doing the best play with the highest +ev.

Yeah but regarding hand 5 your talking in general poker.  Your not talking with the dynamics of the table and the opponents previous history/tendencies.  For instance this player has stacked off lighter and bluffed more/ just been more creative with his play and imo its not always the best play.  So when I play aj I think if I hit a J high board I now no that I will have to stack off lighter/ for instance this is a normal stacking off hand in my range its just a value hand.  But given what his doing and the fact his being aggro with a wide range if I don't adjust it will involve me c/f a lot of different situations.  Is this not correct thinking?

Sometimes I feel so confussed, I feel like everyone has a different opinion of the correct thing to do.  Sometimes I don't no who to remember when Im trying to think of the correct play in situations.