You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Balancing at 10NL is somewhere in between a little unnecessary and completely pointless, verging on probably losing you more money than it wins. Forget about trying to be too fancy, just play good solid ABC poker at these levels.

The most important thing imo is just just have good logical thought processes. Someone (very good) said to me that the people that win the most money are the ones that think more logically than their opponents.

I dunno, like you say, I haven't got the reads/history you have so it might be fine, but generally people who are being aggro are at least gonna do it with a draw or some kind of equity and there's just nothing out there. But if you know on a J-high board he has no problem stacking off with KJ, QJ, JT, J9 etc then its fine.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    Balancing at 10NL is somewhere in between a little unnecessary and completely pointless, verging on probably losing you more money than it wins. Forget about trying to be too fancy, just play good solid ABC poker at these levels. The most important thing imo is just just have good logical thought processes. Someone (very good) said to me that the people that win the most money are the ones that think more logically than their opponents. I dunno, like you say, I haven't got the reads/history you have so it might be fine, but generally people who are being aggro are at least gonna do it with a draw or some kind of equity and there's just nothing out there. But if you know on a J-high board he has no problem stacking off with KJ, QJ, JT, J9 etc then its fine.
    Posted by Lambert180
    point taken, but I just want to have a lot to my game so when I move up in limits I don't have to give a complete makeover to my game, but horses for courses I agree.

I really do think that he would stack of with those hands, I can only judge from what iv seen and what his shown down and how active his been etc
  • edited July 2013
    Update (poker bit)

Played today after thinking a lot about my poker the last 2 days, generally disspaointed the way things are going.  I was fully confident I could be the most profit player at 10nl on sky and this was a harsh wake up.  Im still doing massive -ev things, I have a lot of good information I just don't think im using it in the best way.  The game is about making money long term, not what feels good doing not what is the best fancy classy play.  Win money that's it.

I watched a few videos before the session/ went over my hands, its suprising how much I noticed.  The value/ hand selctions/ 3 betting / cb range, I all noticed stuff I think would help so adjusted.  Also sent liam a PM, it would help a lot to have one main partner to talk poker about.

Started off great, winning all in with AA, playing generally well, gtting good hand, on a table where my plan was working.  Finally! I remember these days, my thoughts were correct, my balance was good, I was generally having the correct idea.  I was up 2 buyins in no time.  Then I was dealt , AA.... short story I folded the best hand in a spot I think is correct...as always ill let you judge.  I then was going alone nice feeling great.  Flopped the nuts with backdoor equity against a really aggro player then BOOM! sucked out in a 320bb pot, Poker just letting me no to not get carried away.  I then lost about £3.5 in a strange hand and thought im just going to bank the win.  Must be a few buyins up probelry in the £200 mark or close...wrong +1 buyins.  The hands I won was a lot of 120-180bb pots, and the big hand I lost was treble that.  I think I would of been in the 200 at some point.

Just given me belief I can get back to £300 and push on.  Yes its annoying I played like a fish.  Yes its annoying I was losing in +ev spots a lot over the weekend. Yes its annoying im starting my BR - 12.5 buy ins.  But its happens....too everyone.  Ill keep working hard keep watching videos and seeking advice from you lot that read and one day hopefully I will be the one being recommended for advice.  If it all goes wrong, then I know I could of done no more.

sky: £186.91 (-11.5)

888: $481 (+8)

Life Bit

Okay so the life bit, for those that don't know I have a balance disorder called MAV ( migraine associated vertigo).  I'm currently 21 and got it when I was about 18 1/2.  Basically I wrote a longer version a few weeks ago so ill give the short version.  I had to change my diet, take a lot of tablets and couldn't do a lot and recently got told my career as a fitness instructor was over as it would be too much of a risk for my body.  So I give up working out which I had done for quiete abit and had got fairly big.  Since then I had stopped the working out and obv put on weight due to no exercise/ tablets.  But tomorrow I have decided I feel healthy enough to give working out a big effort again.  Its a big step for me as ill be commiting too this with the trust my health wont let me down (hopefully) which I havnt been able to do often.  It will be protein shakes and protein/carbs meals for the next few months!

Im really excited that this is another step in my recovery.  I write this stuff here for you to learn more about/ hopefully help someone with something similar/ to try and put stuff into perspective.  My life is completely different to what it was when I was 18 and I could never imagine it would turn out like this.  I was an 18 year old who had been kicked out of 6th form for being too disruptive, thought he could treat people the way he wanted and took way too much advantage of generally pleasant girls attentions.  The point is I wished I didn't have to have this illness to make me realise how things are in the world.

The best thing is now I have problems and im determined to solve them, because I have the health to at least try.  Theres loads of people  round the world that have an illness that they cant recover from ands its just made me realise im so lucky to have a "normal" life because its no given that you will have that.  Im soooooooo determined in the future to give something back to balance disorders as iv had great care....I just need to find how.  So really next time you start a BR like mine, or have a hand where you called down quads with Ace high, or get called all the names under the sun just think  or have a bad day at work.  Think is my life really that bad?? and ill garentee suddenly things don't seem bad at all, your actually delighted that man just called you a **** because that's the biggest problem atm in your life. 

I got carried away there, sorry for the essay, thanks for taking the time to read!  
  • edited July 2013

Opps forgot the hands

1) Bad AA fold? villain was fairly active but done nothing to out of line, mostly straightforward.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jobes Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.81
    bobichi Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.83
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

kayjane861 Fold     
    Call  £0.10 £0.25 £2.28
    Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £14.00
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.50 £2.15 £10.26
    jobes Fold     
    bobichi Fold     
    Call  £1.40 £3.55 £0.88
    xCall  £1.10 £4.65 £12.90
    Flop

• Q

All-in  £0.88 £5.53 £0.00
    Call  £0.88 £6.41 £12.02
    robbie1992 Raise  £3.50 £9.91 £6.76
    xCall  £2.62 £12.53 £9.40
    Turn

• K

All-in  £9.40 £21.93 £0.00
    robbie1992 Fold     
    Unmatched bet  £9.40 £12.53 £9.40
    Show

Show
    • K
    • A

River

• J

xWin Pair of Kings £11.59  £20.99
    2) I no iv said this a lot last few day.  But this one surely its unlucky? V aggro villiaan
    Lawson1987 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £26.74
    robbie1992 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.66
      Your hole cards

Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £17.98
    mould03 Fold     
    lordgee12 Fold     
    Lawson1987 Call  £0.15 £0.50 £26.59
    robbie1992 Call  £0.10 £0.60 £12.56
    Flop

• J

Lawson1987 Check     
    robbie1992 Check     
    Bet  £0.70 £1.30 £17.28
    Lawson1987 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £4.10 £5.40 £8.46
    All-in  £17.28 £22.68 £0.00
    robbie1992 All-in  £8.46 £31.14 £0.00
    Unmatched bet  £5.42 £25.72 £5.42
    robbie1992 Show

Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

Win Straight to the King £24.32  £29.74
    He actually had less outs then I thought aswell as some of the outs he had were hearts
  • edited July 2013
    +3 buy ins on 888

-$6 for mtt

888: $505.82
  • edited July 2013
    Update

Won 1.5 buy ins played for a little under 2 hours, which is fairly short but I was tired and had a long busy day.  Won a big hand early on flopping top set against overpair KK and stacking the opponent.  Lost an annoying pot with a bluff, ill post the hand as id like advice on it.

This rebuilding of BR is going to take ages!! I wished it hadn't gone so wrong to start off with :( at least the 888 one Is going okay as im 10.5+ buy ins up.

sky: £199.67
    888: $505.36
    jameswins Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.96
    turbo2 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £13.35
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q

BIGD1976 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £14.86
    BYDANDY50 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £9.26
    jameswins Fold     
    turbo2 Fold     
    BIGD1976 Call  £0.30 £0.95 £14.56
    Flop

BIGD1976 Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £0.50 £1.45 £8.76
    BIGD1976 Call  £0.50 £1.95 £14.06
    Turn

• K

BIGD1976 Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £1.46 £3.41 £7.30
    BIGD1976 Call  £1.46 £4.87 £12.60
    River

BIGD1976 Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £3.65 £8.52 £3.65
    BIGD1976 Call  £3.65 £12.17 £8.95
    robbie1992 Show
    • J
    • Q

BIGD1976 Show
    • A
    • A

BIGD1976 Win Pair of Aces £11.25  £20.20
  • edited July 2013

Well, I dont play a lot of 10nl anymore, but I dont understand your river thought process. What hand are you trying to get to fold?

Busted A high flush draws and/or mid pair type hands that didnt improv - I dare say you could bet £2.2 and get most of them to fold

Saving £1.45 everytime you are against a hand that isnt folding.

How does the 6 make a difference?

I would personally check back the turn and take a freebie, we only have 6 outs that we ship for stacks.
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    pm sent buddy
    Posted by liamboi11
    what the hell are you doin with the aa hand???
  • edited July 2013
    Update (poker bit)   Played today after thinking a lot about my poker the last 2 days, generally disspaointed the way things are going.  I was fully confident I could be the most profit player at 10nl on sky and this was a harsh wake up.  Im still doing massive -ev things, I have a lot of good information I just don't think im using it in the best way.  The game is about making money long term, not what feels good doing not what is the best fancy classy play.  Win money that's it. I watched a few videos before the session/ went over my hands, its suprising how much I noticed.  The value/ hand selctions/ 3 betting / cb range, I all noticed stuff I think would help so adjusted.  Also sent liam a PM, it would help a lot to have one main partner to talk poker about.   Started off great, winning all in with AA, playing generally well, gtting good hand, on a table where my plan was working.  Finally! I remember these days, my thoughts were correct, my balance was good, I was generally having the correct idea.  I was up 2 buyins in no time.  Then I was dealt , AA.... short story I folded the best hand in a spot I think is correct...as always ill let you judge.  I then was going alone nice feeling great.  Flopped the nuts with backdoor equity against a really aggro player then BOOM! sucked out in a 320bb pot, Poker just letting me no to not get carried away.  I then lost about £3.5 in a strange hand and thought im just going to bank the win.  Must be a few buyins up probelry in the £200 mark or close...wrong +1 buyins.  The hands I won was a lot of 120-180bb pots, and the big hand I lost was treble that.  I think I would of been in the 200 at some point. Just given me belief I can get back to £300 and push on.  Yes its annoying I played like a fish.  Yes its annoying I was losing in +ev spots a lot over the weekend. Yes its annoying im starting my BR - 12.5 buy ins.  But its happens....too everyone.  Ill keep working hard keep watching videos and seeking advice from you lot that read and one day hopefully I will be the one being recommended for advice.  If it all goes wrong, then I know I could of done no more. sky: £186.91 (-11.5) 888: $481 (+8) Life Bit   Okay so the life bit, for those that don't know I have a balance disorder called MAV ( migraine associated vertigo).  I'm currently 21 and got it when I was about 18 1/2.  Basically I wrote a longer version a few weeks ago so ill give the short version.  I had to change my diet, take a lot of tablets and couldn't do a lot and recently got told my career as a fitness instructor was over as it would be too much of a risk for my body.  So I give up working out which I had done for quiete abit and had got fairly big.  Since then I had stopped the working out and obv put on weight due to no exercise/ tablets.  But tomorrow I have decided I feel healthy enough to give working out a big effort again.  Its a big step for me as ill be commiting too this with the trust my health wont let me down (hopefully) which I havnt been able to do often.  It will be protein shakes and protein/carbs meals for the next few months!   Im really excited that this is another step in my recovery.  I write this stuff here for you to learn more about/ hopefully help someone with something similar/ to try and put stuff into perspective.  My life is completely different to what it was when I was 18 and I could never imagine it would turn out like this.  I was an 18 year old who had been kicked out of 6th form for being too disruptive, thought he could treat people the way he wanted and took way too much advantage of generally pleasant girls attentions.  The point is I wished I didn't have to have this illness to make me realise how things are in the world. The best thing is now I have problems and im determined to solve them, because I have the health to at least try.  Theres loads of people  round the world that have an illness that they cant recover from ands its just made me realise im so lucky to have a "normal" life because its no given that you will have that.  Im soooooooo determined in the future to give something back to balance disorders as iv had great care....I just need to find how.  So really next time you start a BR like mine, or have a hand where you called down quads with Ace high, or get called all the names under the sun just think  or have a bad day at work.  Think is my life really that bad?? and ill garentee suddenly things don't seem bad at all, your actually delighted that man just called you a **** because that's the biggest problem atm in your life.  I got carried away there, sorry for the essay, thanks for taking the time to read!  
    Posted by robbie1992
    What are the symptoms of this?

Probably a silly question, headaches and dizziness right? lol. Anything else?

How did you get it? was there an incident or did it just happen?

I was away in Turkey around 4 years ago when I had problems with an ear, felt some kind a blockage and general discomfort in my left ear, although no pain. Went to see a doc to try and prevent any pain that may occur later down the line, earache is a nightmare, wanted to make sure I avoided it.

He had to syringe my ears to check for infection, and ever since he did that I've had tinnitus (ringing in ears) which is incurable. Never really had any medical attention for it, just had to get used to it. But pretty sure there are other symptoms.

I did see my GP the day I got back from hols, but he just asked me questions about my life etc, and when he found out I was in the final year of uni doing my dissertation, he put it down to 'stress'.

Which is BS, because I am, and definitely was back then, the least stressed person in the World :D

He did give me some tablets to 'manage' it but I didn't bother taking them. Would have if I was allowed to drink on them, but I wasn't. So gg. they're probably still in the cupboard! :D

I do get days where I'm dizzy and very lethargic though (even more than usual). Never had this kind of thing before that incident.

Never had a headache in my life though. Thankfully.

In b4 I get a shocking 1 tonight or something :(

-----------------

Wouldn't worry too much about the balancing thing @ nl10.

I think you'll probably balance naturally, without really thinking about it as 'balancing'.

I think the a lot of your edge @ nl10 where the players are so nitty and passive is going to come from playing small ball poker, stealing a lot of blinds, taking a lot of pots down on the flop, maybe floating players and taking it away on the turn etc. Generally to win a big pot at nl10 (from what I've seen) you really do need to cooler someone. Because people are so reluctant to play big pots without a huge hand.

fwiw, I think evilpingu is hosting some sort of cash hand review on Skype this afternoon, his sessions are normally done on a voice call, not sure if this is anything you'd be interested in. Will be on from midday anyway and probably get it going around 4pm. I'm sure he'd be ok with you joining.

Not sure who will be on the call, probably don and maybe lambert/ajrockets etc.

Good luck with the gym grind!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : What are the symptoms of this? Probably a silly question, headaches and dizziness right? lol. Anything else? How did you get it? was there an incident or did it just happen? I was away in Turkey around 4 years ago when I had problems with an ear, felt some kind a blockage and general discomfort in my left ear, although no pain. Went to see a doc to try and prevent any pain that may occur later down the line, earache is a nightmare, wanted to make sure I avoided it. He had to syringe my ears to check for infection, and ever since he did that I've had tinnitus (ringing in ears) which is incurable. Never really had any medical attention for it, just had to get used to it. But pretty sure there are other symptoms. I did see my GP the day I got back from hols, but he just asked me questions about my life etc, and when he found out I was in the final year of uni doing my dissertation, he put it down to 'stress'. Which is BS, because I am, and definitely was back then, the least stressed person in the World :D He did give me some tablets to 'manage' it but I didn't bother taking them. Would have if I was allowed to drink on them, but I wasn't. So gg. they're probably still in the cupboard! :D I do get days where I'm dizzy and very lethargic though (even more than usual). Never had this kind of thing before that incident. Never had a headache in my life though. Thankfully. In b4 I get a shocking 1 tonight or something :( ----------------- Wouldn't worry too much about the balancing thing @ nl10. I think you'll probably balance naturally, without really thinking about it as 'balancing'. I think the a lot of your edge @ nl10 where the players are so nitty and passive is going to come from playing small ball poker, stealing a lot of blinds, taking a lot of pots down on the flop, maybe floating players and taking it away on the turn etc. Generally to win a big pot at nl10 (from what I've seen) you really do need to cooler someone. Because people are so reluctant to play big pots without a huge hand. fwiw, I think evilpingu is hosting some sort of cash hand review on Skype this afternoon, his sessions are normally done on a voice call, not sure if this is anything you'd be interested in. Will be on from midday anyway and probably get it going around 4pm. I'm sure he'd be ok with you joining. Not sure who will be on the call, probably don and maybe lambert/ajrockets etc. Good luck with the gym grind!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
      Yeah the tinnitus was a symptom at first but I thought that was because I used to go out quiet a lot and the music is loud lol that is annoying tho, I no you get used to it and its only very bad when its silent but annoying never the less.  The symptoms are just feeling unbalanced, light sensitivity and nausea they were the main ones.  If I get dizzy now ill put my sunglasses on and it helps cope better with it.  I don't feel dizzy I just look like a blind man instead then.  HAHa stress is the apparent cause of everything, exactly you would be stressed but im sure the girls/drinking/banter would of helped you relax abit at uni.  Dizziness is usually associated with some problem in the inner ear though.

Thankyou, workout, tuna, pasta, rice, chicken and protein shakes have filled the days so far, GYM GRIND!!!!

Yeah that sounds good shame Iv read my messages this late, but yes ill usually be up for getting involved in those sort of things, thanks doh .
  • edited July 2013
    Well, I dont play a lot of 10nl anymore, but I dont understand your river thought process. What hand are you trying to get to fold? Busted A high flush draws and/or mid pair type hands that didnt improv - I dare say you could bet £2.2 and get most of them to fold Saving £1.45 everytime you are against a hand that isnt folding. How does the 6 make a difference? I would personally check back the turn and take a freebie, we only have 6 outs that we ship for stacks.
    Posted by calcalfold
    My thought process, after the flop is.  Iv never isolated a limper so I asume his hand is weak, range on the flop 10x, slowplayed set, flush draws.  He calls and then the turn is a K, im aggressive so he maybe assume I will cb a lot when pre flop aggrsor, and that I can validly rep the K, I will rep it as a semi bluff, I want a fold but if he calls I still have some outs/ who knows maybe even a j/q would be outs (that I wouldn't bet for value).  Also if I check, I cant win the hand unless I hit, I wont be then repping anything on the river.  The river bet was to fold 10x hands that called the turn and hope if I miss my FD ill check down, to fold missed FDs, to fold any odd folats that picked up equty on the turn.

I thought that aswell but then do I really want to be giving a good price at 10nl to call with 2nd pair/etc? its not like iv bet pot , 3/4 bet.  The bet id likely place with my value hands.
  • edited July 2013
    Update

Don't want to clogg the forum up with long posts of updates.

So basically start off bad.  After checking down JJ on Q high flop, I hit a J on river to make full house, got money in op had QQ for higher full house.  Played well after that I think, one or two moments where aggression is overstepping the mark of -ev play but atm im fairly happy how im playing.  Going to put some effort into study/grinding tomorrow.

Since my awful weekend, iv had 6 winning sessions across 2 sites in a row, how does that work out? Slowely but surely building the sky BR back, it will be at £300 again! ......I hope.

Won 1.7 buyins

sky: £215.92

888: $505.26

Got enough c4p points to pay for my monthly duecescracked, which was the aim at start of the month so that will be withdrawn straight away.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : what the hell are you doin with the aa hand???
    Posted by seppe
    are you asking me what I would do in that spot if I was robbie?
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Had a busy day but had time to watch a video for abit then play for about an hour have dinner then play for 3 more.  Decided I was going to keep to 4 table but play an mtt aswell as iv been finding the odd mtt very boring on its own, and havnt been having much luck in them.  Played a 44c rebuy for abit of fun, got done by 3 outers twice on river and decided not to buy back in as it was just shoving everyhand whats the point.  Thefor  1st session of cash I was 1/2 buy in up which isn't bad considering I lost kk vs qq, 230bb pot, Q on the flop.

When I come back in the afternoon I decided to play a $5.50 knockout, didn't have much early on but managed to knock someone out my first knockout on 888 lol I eventually went on to cash, top 36/190 got paid.  I decided to close all my cash games and concentrate on this as it was only $160 to win it but that's still 16 buyins that I wont win playing 3 games of cash.  Played well got my money in good 11 left I was 5th was looking forward to the final table.  Folded round to me in bb aggesive tournament leader shoves on me.....I got aqo what do I do? I thought for a whole 30 seconds and thought im not giving up a +ev spot to make it to the final table, I was ahead of his range and think at worst im a coinflip.  I call he has a10o, 10 on the flop, missing the luck again.  Seeming to cope better with bad beats lately, just a shame I make the right decision and still don't get to play on the FT :(

Days profit of + 2.3 buyins ($23)

$74 away from my first cash out.

sky: £215.65
    888: $526.92
  • edited August 2013
    Snap call with AQ.
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Average day, my aim for today was to play a lot of tables just for a change and see how it went.  Done okay on sky played decent for 3/4 of the session then too spewy for the last bit, just couldn't get interest when playing.  Maybe because I was playing 6 tables and it was abit rushed and hard to see the dynamics of the tables.  I also struggled to find myself keeping count of what tables I was cb/ barrelling too much on and found myself getting raised so I don't think my balance was correct, but it was hard to keep track.  Finished £1 up..... which isn't good but that includes another situation I lost which I shuldn't have when I had QQ vs AQo, and he hit 2 aces aswell just to rub it in lol

Still struggling with varience in mainly mtt, im hoping well in cash.  I find it so hard to take iv constantly got bad beats in a rebuy tourney that iv played the last few days, like ridiculous ones, and that's goes with me missing out on a final table last night when I lost with AQ vs A10, just find it so frustrating.  Cant seem to motivate myself to play longer then 2 hour sessions lately, poker is a game where you put a lot in to get not a lot back.  So just cant be bothered to play for 4/6 hours and finish 2 buyins up or something.  Still down on the sky BR and until im playing 20/30nl its still going to feel like an unexciting grind.  Just wanna get to the600-800 marks asap.  I no your hate this but bring on the cash promos!!! I need motivation!

BTW where have all the 10nl regs gone?? don't tell mum, tintin, cash daddy, mrs crossy, pepe ??

sky : £216.97
    888: $521.81
  • edited August 2013
    MTTs are brutal and that's just the way it is for everyone. I remember I got to 2 FTs on Sky within 2 nights of each other not that long ago, was first out in the 1st one with AK v AQ aipf.... first out on the 2nd one with AK v AT, both of which resulted in rubbish cashes when just holding would have put me in great shape to win. There's just nothing you can do about it and things do go the other way. It wasn't that long after I won the mini and turned £5 into £400 and I'm willing to bet during that MTT I at least won one race where I had the dominated hand like AJ v AK or TT v KK. You gotta run good to win an MTT, but the better players rely less on rungood and only need a few flips (or w/e) to go their way... the terrible players need to run like god the whole night (but that still happens sometimes).

Cash - Don't think it'll get much more exciting tbh at 20/30NL... you're gonna have +£200 days, but you're also gonna need to take a -£200 day on the chin too. I've said it before but if you're a winning player, the more you play, the more you win. Sometimes you can grind for 8 hours and finish break even, sometimes you can sit down and be 3 BIs up within 15 mins.
  • edited August 2013
    MTTs are brutal and that's just the way it is for everyone. I remember I got to 2 FTs on Sky within 2 nights of each other not that long ago, was first out in the 1st one with AK v AQ aipf.... first out on the 2nd one with AK v AT, both of which resulted in rubbish cashes when just holding would have put me in great shape to win. There's just nothing you can do about it and things do go the other way. It wasn't that long after I won the mini and turned £5 into £400 and I'm willing to bet during that MTT I at least won one race where I had the dominated hand like AJ v AK or TT v KK. You gotta run good to win an MTT, but the better players rely less on rungood and only need a few flips (or w/e) to go their way... the terrible players need to run like god the whole night (but that still happens sometimes). Cash - Don't think it'll get much more exciting tbh at 20/30NL... you're gonna have +£200 days, but you're also gonna need to take a -£200 day on the chin too. I've said it before but if you're a winning player, the more you play, the more you win. Sometimes you can grind for 8 hours and finish break even, sometimes you can sit down and be 3 BIs up within 15 mins.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah the varience is massive in them , I havnt found a good tourney on 888 with a structure that doesn't feel like shove or fold.  I no that will eventually be part of the tournament but its nearly all the way through it, especially in the rebuys.  Sounds annoying mate, at least you got to the final tables though that's still an achievement in any MTT.

Hmm yeah maybe it wont, but different players and testing myself at a higher level should get things abit more exicitng.  Also 2 buyins wont be £20 it will be £40 or £60, so it will mean a lot more and feel like more of an achievement.  Yeah true sometimes it just doesn't happen on the tables then you sit down the next day and you win a few buy ins in hands you didn't have to even think about.
  • edited August 2013
    Update

played an mtt with 3 cash games. Won 4 buy ins in cash and come 34th in the mini bh with 1 head taken. Paid 5.50 to go in it and only got back 9.45 which wasn't much I didn't think. Oh well every little  helps. Br is close to being recovered

day +4,3 (£43)

Sky 259,82

888 520
  • edited August 2013
    Update played an mtt with 3 cash games. Won 4 buy ins in cash and come 34th in the mini bh with 1 head taken. Paid 5.50 to go in it and only got back 9.45 which wasn't much I didn't think. Oh well every little  helps. Br is close to being recovered day +4,3 (£43) Sky 259,82 888 520
    Posted by robbie1992
    bankroll slowly building back up m8 keep it going,we all get some big hits that set us back but just be confident in your game keepdoin the righ things and you will be back over £400 in no time.

mind you started a thread about heads up the other day, thats a format I need to improve so if ya fancy playing some hu stts/cash and ask some of the more experienced hu players in the forum to join in and play or watch and give their opinions would only benefit both of us imo.

also any good videos you recommend watching on deucescracked? I was watching one were there was a group of 3 or 4 of them including krantz,they picked a few interesting hands each and the group spoke about one players hand at a time but was good because they all had different opinions how they would play these hands. This one specific hand were the player was c/r on turn and he had open ender and had some history which made an impact on his decision and they each explained which way they would play the hand and explained their reasoning.I personally enjoyed watchin it, think they have 5 videos in total I have another 3 to watch.
  • edited August 2013
    There probably will be vids on DC or cardrunners but I'd definitely check out headsupsitandgo.com
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah initial deposit was £300, havnt paided any back yet but im encouraged by how things have been going this week.  I was always confident, just frustrating sometimes how things go and you can lose abit of confidence at times.

The videos on deuces iv watched lately are sweat sessions.  But king for a day/ new kid on the block where decent videos.  New kid on the block is about the instructors friend, he plays and they talk about his leaks, then in further episodes they say how to improve on them and how to get them out of his game.  You should check it out.  I think I no the ones you mean with krantz, is it a review session? think iv watched it.  I love krantz and his image but I just cant seem to get into his videos for some reason, he seemed a nice man on 2months2million though so its a shame.

Yeah Lambert I was looking for begginers heads up at duecescracked but cant find nothing atm, most of them are cash games.  If I put the effort into studying heads up I think id prefer to play cash heads up even if its a low level.  I heard rake could make it abit of a joke though to play low so ill have to have a think. The competitive and banter of heads up appeals to me a lot though.
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Played a tourney with 3 10nl cash tables on 888, tourney was pretty uneventful, got through the hour of late reg without getting byond +300 or -300 of my starting stack, I waited and waited, got dealt JJ in bb perfect, button min raises perfect, I shove he calls....QQ. Thought that was a good spot where ill often be ahead.

I played really bad in cash, cbb today for some reason I don't know why.  Was 1.7 buy ins up within the first 20 mins, one was standard,i had KK, I 3 bet he flatted c/c Q high flop and c/c brick turn with AQ.  Then I started losing little bits by being too loose and generally playing like all the other players, I had no edge today because I wasn't being disciplined.  Was unlucky with a hand, I raise on button 4 handed, sb 3 bets I 4 bet he flats, flop is J high, he lead shoves......I was abit worried but 4 handed and the on that flop I still beat a lot, open shoves never make too much sense to me anyway.  I called he had QQ so my overpair KK were good, turn a Q, for full stacks aswell grrrrrrrr.

Can my BR please grow abit quicker :(

day: - 2.4 buyins (-$23) the tourney was $5 and I played $2 sat.

Sky: £259
    888: $496.87

I need motivation for a big grind, back to 6/8 hours a day for a week to boost both BRS, just cant seem to motivate myself :(
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Played for 4 hours as im trying to play longer sessions again.  Was rubbish, played bad, run bad, smelt bad, everything was bad.  Started off losing about 1 1/2 buyins, when villain floated the flop villianwith a5o, and shoved the turn with a gutshot and hit on the river, that was for full stacks.  Straight away im thinking its going to be another day of running bad and you playing hours and making no progress.  Played spewy called too much, even went back to just calling to see what they have days.  Then got in poker chat ego battle and called a raise from the guy with 8 5 s, flop 10 8 5, I c/r, and turn is a 10.  Thought go again "why am I so unlucky why is it always me that runs bad".  I checked turn and called river just to see how unlucky I was, turnt out he had 1010, I was lucky to not lose a stack on the flop.  The whole hand was a mess, why raise 85, why call a 3 bet and why call the river.

Made a good read early on when I got c/r by laggy villian on 33 6 board that had 2 hearts, I had aQ, and decided to shove.  He called with a FD, don't need to say he hit.

Poker is annoying me so much lately.  Im bored of playing and winning amount that arnt exciting at all.  Im bored of getting sucked out for play that if I done it and posted it on the clinic id get laughed at.  Im bored of my mind ruining any skill that iv learnt, and im sick of thinking im unlucky all the time.  These BRs are going awful.  +7 on one and - 4 on the other.....don't think 20 nl is round the corner for me just yet.

And no I don't think a break would be a good idea.

sky: £259
    888: $472
  • edited August 2013
    " These BRs are going awful.  +7 on one and - 4 on the other.." - are you serious? You're up and you're still moaning? How on earth is that "awful"?
  • edited August 2013
    " These BRs are going awful.  +7 on one and - 4 on the other.." - are you serious? You're up and you're still moaning? How on earth is that "awful"?
    Posted by FCHD

Compared to time played, General quickness of progress d how I'm improvement is going 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Compared to time played, General quickness of progress d how I'm improvement is going 
    Posted by robbie1992
    I sometimes do wonder why on earth you take poker so seriously.  You really seem to let it get to you when you arent quite achieving your own impossible high standards.  Poker is more of a chore when you play with such stress and pressure.

I'd recommend just playing for fun one or two nights this week and not worrying too much about what happens.  Play ABC poker and see if you can have a stressless evening not worrying too much about the BR.  From experience, I definitely play a lot better when im relaxed and not too worried about what im going to be posting on my diary.

Alternatively take a break ;)

gl.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : I sometimes do wonder why on earth you take poker so seriously.  You really seem to let it get to you when you arent quite achieving your own impossible high standards.  Poker is more of a chore when you play with such stress and pressure. I'd recommend just playing for fun one or two nights this week and not worrying too much about what happens.  Play ABC poker and see if you can have a stressless evening not worrying too much about the BR.  From experience, I definitely play a lot better when im relaxed and not too worried about what im going to be posting on my diary. Alternatively take a break ;) gl.
    Posted by gazza127
    Yeah very true I wished I could care less aswell but I just want to do well, poker is mentally hard to not get frustrated at tho.  I have spent time trying to correct mental problems but I just find it hard.

Ah a break great advice ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Can I ask Robbie...when you sit down for a session on Sky, do you just jump straight into an open seat or do you have a look at the various tables available and see what players are kicking about?

Basically table selection.