You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    Can I ask Robbie...when you sit down for a session on Sky, do you just jump straight into an open seat or do you have a look at the various tables available and see what players are kicking about? Basically table selection.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I usually just sit on sky as a play around 4/5/6 tables so I have no choice. Iv never table selected tho on any site, why?

I don't mind being on a hard table as I need to be in different situations as that will hopefully improve me as a player long term.
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Hello everyone,

Iv been away for a while, nothing else then just been too busy to have time to play.  Sister and mum have gone Portugal so things will quieten down and I should be able to put a good amount of volume in over the next week.  I was still watching poker and reading the forum diarys on here just to see whats going on.  A lot of the regular diarys are going well for people such as waller02, lamberts past the 1k mark and a player call batkins has had some very impressive results lately so well done to you lot.

I decided to play 10nl 5 tables, my usual stuff, lost 1/2 a buy in early on AKvs my KQ on K high flop so pretty standard.  I was using aggression well and felt confident after watching a duececracked video earlier on, it made me think more simply and I think I played very well.  I lost a stack to a very fishy player, never seen him before, when I called his shove on a A K 3 K two tone board, only for him to have flatted a 3 bet in the bb with k5o :( I think that's a good spot so no complaints.  I then was on a very splashy table, one of those tables you no if you hit your hand you will get paid.  I ended up c/c c/c cking IP when I flopped nut fd/ then gutshot on turn.....I really don't lke how I played this hand, I feel I allow him to have what he did, can I have some advice for otherways to play it.

Im going to create a new section to my forum its called the "wtf hand post".  Every session I constantly say ill post a hand where you will think WTF when reading it.  I will post it and just laugh along with you when you go through what actually happened :(

Finish : 1/2 buy ins down

Verdict: Played well , would take playing like that most days just need to cut out the mistakes which are costing buy ins.

BTW the new software I was very impressed with, very nice sky. / Iv also withdraw my £20 c4p as that pays for ym duecescracked.

sky: £246.71

888: $472.41

The "WTF" hand:

1)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    turbo2 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £9.46
    Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £22.90
      Your hole cards

cactusjac Raise  £0.30 £0.50 £7.72
    Donttelmum Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.90 £1.40 £9.10
    turbo2 Fold     
    Call  £0.80 £2.20 £22.10
    cactusjac Fold     
    Flop

Bet  £0.40 £2.60 £21.70
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.70 £4.30 £7.40
    Call  £1.30 £5.60 £20.40
    Turn

• J

Bet  £0.50 £6.10 £19.90
    robbie1992 Call  £0.50 £6.60 £6.90
    River

• K

Bet  £3.30 £9.90 £16.60
    robbie1992 All-in  £6.90 £16.80 £0.00
    Call  £3.60 £20.40 £13.00
    Show
    • J
    • Q

robbie1992 Show

Win Straight to the King £19.00  £32.00
    Pre: 3 bet IP to give me more options of winning the hand post flop/pre flop .  Also because its a very hidden hand that no one will think I have.

Flop: The call by this decent laggy player means its unlikely he has a massive hand/ still maybe an AQ/AJ/PP/ M A10
            He leads out weakness or strength? he leads with his best and worse air imo hoping iv missed that flop, also FD.  I raise to win the pot here.  he calls. 

Turn: He now leads out again, small.  I don't think his strong, im aggressive, why wouldn't he just check it too me? His obv protecting/betting for value.  His still betting when that Jack come, has he 2 pair? seems to small to be a set/2pair/ im putting him on a flush draw/ decent 10.  He doesn't fold FD, ill flat and see his actions on the river.

River: So now he leads again and 1/2 pot, he hasn't slowed down and once again if he has it why has he not let me use my aggreson and punish me for it?  Is this again a protection bet with 2 pair or a steal after missing his flush.  I can definatly rep the Q my range is wide im on the button and I 3 bet pre flop.  His obv turnt his FD/decent 10 into a bluff.  ILL call! im a genius iv worked it all out YEEEESSS..........oh he had the Q and I just shoved into him for full stacks :(

What went wrong ?

2)
    gazza127 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £25.81
    robbie1992 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.71
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

BCFC_CHU Fold     
    LoveChops Fold     
    THREEHIGH Call  £0.10 £0.25 £7.97
    kempton12 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £19.22
    xCall  £0.05 £0.40 £25.76
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.40 £0.80 £12.31
    THREEHIGH Fold     
    kempton12 Call  £0.40 £1.20 £18.82
    xRaise  £1.40 £2.60 £24.36
    robbie1992 Call  £1.00 £3.60 £11.31
    kempton12 Call  £1.00 £4.60 £17.82
    Flop

• K

xBet  £2.30 £6.90 £22.06
    robbie1992 Call  £2.30 £9.20 £9.01
    kempton12 Fold     
    Turn

• Q

xBet  £4.80 £14.00 £17.26
    robbie1992 Call  £4.80 £18.80 £4.21
    River

xCheck     
    robbie1992 Check     
    xShow

robbie1992 Muck
    • J
    • A

xWin Pair of 6s £17.40  £34.66
    Pre flop he never has a Premium hand he tried to rep/ his LAG aswell.

I feel I allowed this to happen, what could I of done different.

I usually fold the turn but I over valued the picked up equity.

I no I get his stack as his LAG, so if I hit its worth a lot.

No point bluffing the river is there? even a 2/3rd pair would have to call .
  • edited August 2013
    Update Hello everyone, Iv been away for a while, nothing else then just been too busy to have time to play.  Sister and mum have gone Portugal so things will quieten down and I should be able to put a good amount of volume in over the next week.  I was still watching poker and reading the forum diarys on here just to see whats going on.  A lot of the regular diarys are going well for people such as waller02, lamberts past the 1k mark and a player call batkins has had some very impressive results lately so well done to you lot. I decided to play 10nl 5 tables, my usual stuff, lost 1/2 a buy in early on AKvs my KQ on K high flop so pretty standard.  I was using aggression well and felt confident after watching a duececracked video earlier on, it made me think more simply and I think I played very well.  I lost a stack to a very fishy player, never seen him before, when I called his shove on a A K 3 K two tone board, only for him to have flatted a 3 bet in the bb with k5o :( I think that's a good spot so no complaints.  I then was on a very splashy table, one of those tables you no if you hit your hand you will get paid.  I ended up c/c c/c cking IP when I flopped nut fd/ then gutshot on turn.....I really don't lke how I played this hand, I feel I allow him to have what he did, can I have some advice for otherways to play it. Im going to create a new section to my forum its called the "wtf hand post".  Every session I constantly say ill post a hand where you will think WTF when reading it.  I will post it and just laugh along with you when you go through what actually happened :( Finish : 1/2 buy ins down Verdict: Played well , would take playing like that most days just need to cut out the mistakes which are costing buy ins. BTW the new software I was very impressed with, very nice sky. / Iv also withdraw my £20 c4p as that pays for ym duecescracked. sky: £246.71 888: $472.41 The "WTF" hand: 1) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance turbo2 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £9.46 x  Big blind   £0.10 £0.20 £22.90   Your hole cards 5 3       cactusjac Raise   £0.30 £0.50 £7.72 Donttelmum Fold         robbie1992 Raise   £0.90 £1.40 £9.10 turbo2 Fold         x  Call   £0.80 £2.20 £22.10 cactusjac Fold         Flop     2 9 10       x  Bet   £0.40 £2.60 £21.70 robbie1992 Raise   £1.70 £4.30 £7.40 x  Call   £1.30 £5.60 £20.40 Turn     J       x  Bet   £0.50 £6.10 £19.90 robbie1992 Call   £0.50 £6.60 £6.90 River     K       x  Bet   £3.30 £9.90 £16.60 robbie1992 All-in   £6.90 £16.80 £0.00 x  Call   £3.60 £20.40 £13.00 x  Show J Q       robbie1992 Show 5 3       x  Win Straight to the King £19.00   £32.00 Pre: 3 bet IP to give me more options of winning the hand post flop/pre flop .  Also because its a very hidden hand that no one will think I have. Flop: The call by this decent laggy player means its unlikely he has a massive hand/ still maybe an AQ/AJ/PP/ M A10         He leads out weakness or strength? he leads with his best and worse air imo hoping iv missed that flop, also FD.  I raise to win the pot here.  he calls.  Turn: He now leads out again, small.  I don't think his strong, im aggressive, why wouldn't he just check it too me? His obv protecting/betting for value.  His still betting when that Jack come, has he 2 pair? seems to small to be a set/2pair/ im putting him on a flush draw/ decent 10.  He doesn't fold FD, ill flat and see his actions on the river. River: So now he leads again and 1/2 pot, he hasn't slowed down and once again if he has it why has he not let me use my aggreson and punish me for it?  Is this again a protection bet with 2 pair or a steal after missing his flush.  I can definatly rep the Q my range is wide im on the button and I 3 bet pre flop.  His obv turnt his FD/decent 10 into a bluff.  ILL call! im a genius iv worked it all out YEEEESSS..........oh he had the Q and I just shoved into him for full stacks :( What went wrong ? 2) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance gazza127 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £25.81 robbie1992 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.71   Your hole cards J A       BCFC_CHU Fold         LoveChops Fold         THREEHIGH Call   £0.10 £0.25 £7.97 kempton12 Call   £0.10 £0.35 £19.22 x Call   £0.05 £0.40 £25.76 robbie1992 Raise   £0.40 £0.80 £12.31 THREEHIGH Fold         kempton12 Call   £0.40 £1.20 £18.82 x Raise   £1.40 £2.60 £24.36 robbie1992 Call   £1.00 £3.60 £11.31 kempton12 Call   £1.00 £4.60 £17.82 Flop     9 6 K       x Bet   £2.30 £6.90 £22.06 robbie1992 Call   £2.30 £9.20 £9.01 kempton12 Fold         Turn     Q       x Bet   £4.80 £14.00 £17.26 robbie1992 Call   £4.80 £18.80 £4.21 River     7       x Check         robbie1992 Check         x Show 8 6       robbie1992 Muck J A       x Win Pair of 6s £17.40   £34.66 Pre flop he never has a Premium hand he tried to rep/ his LAG aswell. I feel I allowed this to happen, what could I of done different. I usually fold the turn but I over valued the picked up equity. I no I get his stack as his LAG, so if I hit its worth a lot. No point bluffing the river is there? even a 2/3rd pair would have to call .
    Posted by robbie1992

No need to hide my name.  I dont mind people seeing what i post - i end up posting hands like this on my diary anyway.

Reasons for doing what I did:  Its a limped pot so I put your raising range quite wide to take control of the hand.  As soon as I decide to play the hand, I don't want to be playing oop without the initiative, so I reraised - minimum itd do would be confuse the hell out of you.  Then I barrel two streets.  You bet the river... I call as it looks a lot like a missed draw as on a wet board id be expecting you to raise made hands on flop or turn - although if the river brings in the first flush id have to fold (EDIT - actually the pot is quite big... might have to call anyway).  If you raise the flop or turn into your draw id have to fold also.

I wouldnt say I was LAG really.  But i certainly play some rubbish occassionally to balance my range.  All I wanted was the initiative in the hand... and it worked.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : No need to hide my name.  I dont mind people seeing what i post - i end up posting hands like this on my diary anyway. Reasons for doing what I did:  Its a limped pot so I put your raising range quite wide to take control of the hand.  As soon as I decide to play the hand, I don't want to be playing oop without the initiative, so I reraised - minimum itd do would be confuse the hell out of you.  Then I barrel two streets.  You bet the river... I call as it looks a lot like a missed draw as on a wet board id be expecting you to raise made hands on flop or turn - although if the river brings in the first flush id have to fold (EDIT - actually the pot is quite big... might have to call anyway).  If you raise the flop or turn into your draw id have to fold also. I wouldnt say I was LAG really.  But i certainly play some rubbish occassionally to balance my range.  All I wanted was the initiative in the hand... and it worked.
    Posted by gazza127
    Yeah just done it out of respect I knew ud be having a look.

Okay that's for the explaining, can I ask why the barrell tho? What did u think u was folding.

Yeah but let's say u have AA, AK, qq jj kk. Would u really just make up in the sb knowing u would be 4 way ? Never IMO. There's no need too that table was very loose, if u raised those premium hands u would be likely to get paid for them. So it did confuse me alot but I suppose it come down to me not having he minerals to raise or shove with the draw.

Thanks for explaining tho, makes me think of different approaches I could take.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Yeah just done it out of respect I knew ud be having a look. Okay that's for the explaining, can I ask why the barrell tho? What did u think u was folding. Yeah but let's say u have AA, AK, qq jj kk. Would u really just make up in the sb knowing u would be 4 way ? Never IMO. There's no need too that table was very loose, if u raised those premium hands u would be likely to get paid for them. So it did confuse me alot but I suppose it come down to me not having he minerals to raise or shove with the draw. Thanks for explaining tho, makes me think of different approaches I could take.
    Posted by robbie1992
    I barrelled the turn as I didnt want to get give you the initiative - I thought i could get a flush draw to fold or even second pairs... but with your extra equity on the turn you didn't.

I knew you'd never believe i had a prem hand, however I do feel that sometimes its important to do something completely unexpected on a table... otherwise people learn your game and you can become easy to play.  Yes that seems contradictory to play a hand bad on purpose... but i feel as if espescially in this case, it shows that im not playing ABC poker so when I do hit a hand im more likely to get paid if im seen as LAG.

(EDIT - plus im big stack so thought i had liscence to boss a bit more)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : I barrelled the turn as I didnt want to get give you the initiative - I thought i could get a flush draw to fold or even second pairs... but with your extra equity on the turn you didn't. I knew you'd never believe i had a prem hand, however I do feel that sometimes its important to do something completely unexpected on a table... otherwise people learn your game and you can become easy to play.  Yes that seems contradictory to play a hand bad on purpose... but i feel as if espescially in this case, it shows that im not playing ABC poker so when I do hit a hand im more likely to get paid if im seen as LAG. (EDIT - plus im big stack so thought i had liscence to boss a bit more)
    Posted by gazza127
    Yeah fair enough just don't think that was the situation or the hand, but like you said it was unexpected. I agree to do somthing different but somtimes it's horses for courses, that table didnt need anything too fancy. Well played tho .  It's also correct that I would of folded if I didn't pick up the extra equity. Maybe should of shoves the turn but I hate getting it in on a draw.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Yeah fair enough just don't think that was the situation or the hand, but like you said it was unexpected. I agree to do somthing different but somtimes it's horses for courses, that table didnt need anything too fancy. Well played tho .  It's also correct that I would of folded if I didn't pick up the extra equity. Maybe should of shoves the turn but I hate getting it in on a draw.
    Posted by robbie1992

Yeah it was a bit spewy from me... mixture between that and me thinking you were just squeezing a limped pot, but yeah you had a whole bunch more outs than you probably thought on the river.... unlucky not to hit any of them.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Yeah it was a bit spewy from me... mixture between that and me thinking you were just squeezing a limped pot, but yeah you had a whole bunch more outs than you probably thought on the river.... unlucky not to hit any of them.
    Posted by gazza127
    Somtimes I would tbh, just good with my image that no one will ever believe I have a hand lol I really think u struggle to call a shove on the river wih ur hand, that would be beyond hero call. If I could go back in time and see what u have I'd be happy a shove would win me the pot
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Somtimes I would tbh, just good with my image that no one will ever believe I have a hand lol I really think u struggle to call a shove on the river wih ur hand, that would be beyond hero call. If I could go back in time and see what u have I'd be happy a shove would win me the pot
    Posted by robbie1992
    I probably still call tbh - id ask myself what hand youd do that with - any kind of pair... even two pairs probably check back the river to get to showdown on a scary board.  Doubt your floating with straight making cards like 108 or J10 and its unlikely you hit a backdoor flush...  So unless you overrep a pair or two pair and shove that - which i wouldnt expect from you as youd know youd only get called by better.  So if you shoved itd either be total air or the nuts IMO...and with the way the hand went id choose air...
  • edited August 2013

Update

Played for about hour and half, had a rocky start. Then things picked up, played well mostly abit spewy at the end.  Couldn't hit any draws, played one too aggressive ended up having great odds against 3 players for an £18 pot, needless to say I need hit.  Flopped a royal flush/ flush draw/ gutshot....needless to say I didn't hit.  Just same old storys reall, 3 bet a short stack with Ak, he called I cb a K Q 3 two tone flop, he shoved I called he had 55, he hit a 5 on the turn.....why don't I ever hit draws or get luck.  His made a ridiculous play and yet wins ? just nonsense.  Id rather be lucky then good.

Just bored of making a big mistake/ not hitting anything I want, whats the point of watching videos and trying to improve my game when I constantly get bad beats...all the time.  That's nothing to do with skill so why work on my game?

Fed up of poker atm, falling out of love with the game.  I go no where quick in my BRS im not going to achieve what I want.  Even if I do get up you lose anyways and then people say 'varience or downswing'.  Whats the point in winning if im only going to lose it to a downswing or varience...... BS game.

Sorry for boring you all, have a nice evening.

Day: -3 buy ins (£30)

sky: £230

888: $472

• edited August 2013
    patwalsh made a good point that you can work out and see improvements and you are totally in control. poker ain't like that. it is swings up and down. why we work on it is to get our general flight trajectory moving upwards, around which the variance is noise. you have a good aggressive game, but that also means more variance.

you need to deal with the swings, if not then you are right and poker ain't for you

gl
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Looked at hand historys from yesterday and watched a training video.  played for maybe 3 hours on 888 and for 6 tables for quiet a long time, ended up winning 2 buy ins and was happy with my play, seems iv upped my aggression and its making my decisions easier.

Played on sky with 6 tables and felt comfortable, played for 1h 45mins and won 5 buy ins, which im delighted with.  One hand was were I flopped a flush draw/ gutshot/ oesd so I got it in, against the nuts straight and hit my flush on the river, so that was good variance, only fair I say that as I always moan about bad beats.

I also read through mental game book again, as that's a major problem in my game.  Just kept going through it but I struggle so much with varience/bad beats that its hard to change and get the correct way of thinking into my head.  Oh well ill keep reading and keep trying.  If I can keep mentally strong in good and bad times, im certain ill do well on both BRs.

Day: + 4.9 buy ins (£49) sky / +2 buy ins 888 ($20) = + 7 buy ins

888: $492.60

sky: £279.19
  • edited August 2013
    ...after playing back at sky the last few days, i can already tell your one of the better players at 10nl. So dont get too disheartened by the bad beats. They happen to us all...
  • edited August 2013
    ...after playing back at sky the last few days, i can already tell your one of the better players at 10nl. So dont get too disheartened by the bad beats. They happen to us all...
    Posted by bustodegen
    Thanks. Yeah I no it's part of the game I wished I could just brush it off, I'm working hard on it so fingers crossed. 

Gl at the tables.  
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Played a fair bit yesterday and today, had session on both sites, basically I was down yesterday in session and recovered in both ( -2 buy ins and -3 buy ins).  The afternoon session yesterday I feel I was down because I just wasn't interested, and I lost a buy in early on and thought whats the point of playing now I wont even get to make profit.  Today I played 2 hours on sky and 1 and a half on 888, 6 tables on sky again breaking even.  3 tables on 888 and a $3.30 tourney which was awful it was a tourney where u get $3 for every knockout but theres no prizepool....I didn't knock out anyone so it was a massive fail.

Can the readers of my diary tell me why my BR is growing so slowely? im disappointed with how its going and don't know the major cause, I think its one of these:

- My mental game stops me from having big winning session

- Ihave a bad attitude

- I play too many tables

- I don't study enough

- Im a fish

So what do you lot think? or is it a standard BR?

Football!

Decided to add a football bit today as the season is only 6 days away.  Really excitied im a massive Tottenham fan and im feeling confident with the season, we done good business in the transfer window and soldado, paulinho and chadeli look like they will be good signings.  If we can add a few more ( striker, left back, centre back) then I fully expect us to get top 4.   I think capoupe signing is close so that will mean we will sell a midfielder, hopefully Livermore, and its also great he plays centre back aswell as we are very short there.  Also brilliant to see sandro and kaboul return there massive players for us.

Please Please Please can Bale stay.  I love the man, he done so much last season for us and his style and ability makes him the most entertaining player in my opinion.  I think his been okay throughout the transfer speculation and I understand you cant turn down real Madrid, the wages or the fact of becoming the biggest transfer in football, but deciding your not going to play for us as you don't want to ruin a move/ "injury" and then playing for wales in a friendly is not fair.  We pay your wages, your shouldn't have the power to decide if your playing, if that's how you feel then fine sit at home.....But give back the weekly wage you receive as its a big amount of money and you don't deserve it if your not even going to represent Tottenham.  He should of been told to play, and if he plays for wales and doesn't against palace I will be very disappointed.
  • edited August 2013

BALANCE

sky: £279.61

888: $482

• edited August 2013
    Robbie, it's just the nature of the beast for cash players. I wouldn't worry about it. It's only people who play for a living that need to make sure most/all sessions are profitable.

I played 4 tables for about 2 hours earlier and ended up a quid down. Just how it is. Some sessions you feel untouchable, others where nothing seems to go right. If you can find a happy medium, whilst ultimately enjoying yourself, then you shouldn't worry about your bankroll.

Keep making correct, logical decisions. All you can do. Rest takes care of itself.
  • edited August 2013
    Robbie, it's just the nature of the beast for cash players. I wouldn't worry about it. It's only people who play for a living that need to make sure most/all sessions are profitable. I played 4 tables for about 2 hours earlier and ended up a quid down. Just how it is. Some sessions you feel untouchable, others where nothing seems to go right. If you can find a happy medium, whilst ultimately enjoying yourself, then you shouldn't worry about your bankroll. Keep making correct, logical decisions. All you can do. Rest takes care of itself.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah I was just wondering, I think I should be making more but nit going to think about it just going to get on with it. I don't enjoy  poker the, I just enjoy the feeling of winning. Poker can b  horrible if it losing at it. Just want to be a good player  and make a lot so I can play bigger games.   
  • edited August 2013
    Update

AT LAST! after today im finally in profit on my sky account, delighted after going down to £175 early on.  Played 6 tables on both sites today (over 2 sessions) and played well, I went to add a 7th table but its all on my laptop and it was starting to lag so I just settled for the 6 tables.  Had a dodgy start on sky losing 1/2 a buy in on the first hands when button limped, I raised for the BB with KK and he then shoved with his 1/2 buy in, to show AA.  Lost a stack also with trips aces (ak) against someone who also had an ace but had housed up, pretty standard spots I feel.

Happy with today after a break even weekend and now just want to push on and start making good profit......And saying mentally strong and not stropping or losing confidence!!!!!!!  If I dont tilt im sure ill do okay.

Day : sky (+2.5 buy ins £25) 888 ( +2 buy ins $20) = +4.5 buy ins

Sky: £305.92
    888: $499
  • edited August 2013
    Update

had to go Gillingham today for an appointment, it ended up being a complete waste of time.  The man I had to see was saying a lot of stuff that was just very disrespectful imo.. so didn't get much time to play poker as I worked out in the morning so couldn't play before either.

Had a disappointing session, think I play okay, maybe abit to spewy.  Button went to steal whos a lag, I 3 bet with AK and he shoved.... even though I had getting it in pre with AK and say how -EV it is, I felt I was ahead of this guys range enough to at least break even, I called he had KK. 

Then had really tricky hand, unknown player raises small (which is usually strong) and I just flat with AK, he has about $7, Flop is K J 3 (2 spades) he bets and I just flat, the turn is a A (spade) and he shoves for pot, is that a fold long term? theres proberly too many hands beating me I think.  I called after 30 seconds of thinking and he showed JJ.  hen had mid stack 3 bet me I flatted with AK, K 7 2 flop, he bets I call, blank turn, he shoves I call, he shows AA.

I was looking at my balance throughout the session which is a bad habbit that's come back, I had been playing over 2 hours and was only 1 buy in up, I then started getting tired and at least wanted to win 1 more, ended up losing the AK hand with top pair, then lost a few other messy pots. So I think there was some tilt involved which is annoying.

So in being annoyed at a low winning session, I made it a losing session, just silly.  I should of come of when I felt tired.  If my BR doesn't start growing by end of August, im going to withdraw and take a few months of poker I think.  I feel like I need a break from this crazy game, I struggle accepting "varience" and it makes it hard to play.  Plus I usually play for a few hours and if I keep breaking even, whats the point?

Also might start recording my sessions again to look through and see if I can spot anything, would anyone else be interested in me sending you the video and you see if you can spot any leaks?

day : -1.5 buy ins (-$15)

888: $486.91
    Sky: £302.41
  • edited August 2013
    Update

Just a short one.  Struggling to fit poker in with working out and other stuff so only played 2 hours today.  Felt so tired when playing I really wasn't feeling like playing.  I played bad, but hit nice hands against opponents good hands so still ended up winning 1.5 buy ins, which is better then nothing.  Nice to be in profit on sky, just going to keep going (hopefully at a faster rate)

Also....... how do you find out your leaks and soluations? not sure id be able to record my session my latop is lagging at 5/6 tables.

day: +1.5 buy ins (£15)

Sky: £316.27

888: $482
  • edited August 2013
    hey m8 good to see your in profit on sky knew be only matter of time nice one.

me and larson7 the other week there watched each other playing using that joinme site when I was recording my session a had 5 tables and it ran fine but said to larson maybe better having a few like 2/3 tables next time so we can chat inbetween hands and explain things rather than playing 5/6 and no got chance to speak as much.

give it a go with only 2 tables see if it lags good luck
  • edited August 2013
    hey m8 good to see your in profit on sky knew be only matter of time nice one. me and larson7 the other week there watched each other playing using that joinme site when I was recording my session a had 5 tables and it ran fine but said to larson maybe better having a few like 2/3 tables next time so we can chat inbetween hands and explain things rather than playing 5/6 and no got chance to speak as much. give it a go with only 2 tables see if it lags good luck
    Posted by liamboi11
    Thanks mate,

Oh that sounds good, do you think it was helpful to you both? I used to record sessions and that helps abit, but then I need someone to identify and correct mistakes.  I should have a full day of poker tomorrow so think it should be a good day....then I have to somehow try and get enough poker in when the football starts.

Gl at the tables, have things been going well for you ?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Thanks mate, Oh that sounds good, do you think it was helpful to you both? I used to record sessions and that helps abit, but then I need someone to identify and correct mistakes.  I should have a full day of poker tomorrow so think it should be a good day....then I have to somehow try and get enough poker in when the football starts. Gl at the tables, have things been going well for you ?
    Posted by robbie1992
    well larson said it was helpful and for me it was also, yeah did a few things that larson saw and made note for me in certain hands I was like wtf was I doing there lol.I`m sure larson or even myself will have a look for you and they are a few people on forum prob more than willing to have look at your recorded sessions and you could do same for them also.

also yeah was running really well all month until last 2/3 days I took a little step back.One of the days I was tilting really bad and lost a few buyin`s a should not have but was on today for a couple hours and had a good winning day so hopefully continue tonight.

gl at tables buddy
  • edited August 2013
    Update!!

Today has been the best day for my diary and one of the best days at cash iv ever had.  I decided to play on 888 in the morning and played 6 tables for 2 1/2 hours, I run good and played good and won 8 buy ins.

I then had a break and come and played sky poker for about 1 1/2 hours mostly 5 tables as no more was running.  I had a great start and my hands held up when I got the money in on favourite and I reached my highest total on a 10nl table which is now £61.  I ended up winning 5.6 buy ins and that was after I done a triple barrell that ended up in me shoving the river when he had the nuts.

I still need to do abit more work on my double barrell range and when not to bluff/ good cards to bluff.  But I went over some double barrell stuff yesterday and it was greatly improved today.

Couldn't of asked for a better day, really pleased.  I need to get to $600 on 888 then ill make my first withdrawal of $100 and go again and repeat.  Sky I need to get to £500 and then ill do the same which is still abit away but just going to keep going and hope for the best!

Hopefully in a few weeks my BR and ability will be good enough to add a 20nl table or 2 in.

Day: +8 ($80) / +5.6 (£56) = + 13.6 buy ins

Sky: £369.62
    888: $563.24
  • edited August 2013
    Finished for today, finished 9th in the spt freewill. Unlucky to go out losing Aq v kq and kk v aq. From 3rd to out in. 2 hands, enjoyed it tho and it was fun for a freeroll
  • edited August 2013
    Hopefully you know who didn't win it!
  • edited August 2013
    Hopefully you know who didn't win it!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ha where they finish? 
  • edited August 2013

Just wrote a massive paragraph and it deleted.  Breif points.

- Won in cash but only a bit as I played a £5.50 mtt and watched football all day so only played an hour.

- Got sucked out again in mtt, aq vs kq again, river hit his flush.

- still don't like mtt, theres more luck then skill, just seems like a shove fest mostly.

-  Backed villa at 13/2 missed the 8/1.  Lovely start.  Tottenham win tomorrow and its the best opening weekend iv proberly seen.

-Tricky hand I won that I want your views on.

-  Going to try and play after football tomorrow

- Want a go at some of the ukops events.

day: +0.8 (£8)

sky: £377.33

888: $563.87

• edited August 2013
    robbie1992 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £14.53
    Robbo67 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.58
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

xRaise  £0.30 £0.45 £15.36
    Hjorskuli Fold     
    flushfish Fold     
    dontazeme Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.05 £1.50 £13.48
    Robbo67 Fold     
    xCall  £0.80 £2.30 £14.56
    Flop

• Q

robbie1992 Bet  £1.30 £3.60 £12.18
    Raise  £3.20 £6.80 £11.36
    robbie1992 Call  £1.90 £8.70 £10.28
    Turn

robbie1992 Check     
    xBet  £4.35 £13.05 £7.01
    robbie1992 Call  £4.35 £17.40 £5.93
    River

• J

robbie1992 Check     
    All-in  £7.01 £24.41 £0.00
    robbie1992 All-in  £5.93 £30.34 £0.00
    Unmatched bet  £1.08 £29.26 £1.08
    robbie1992 Show
    • A
    • Q

Show

robbie1992 Win Pair of Queens £27.86  £27.86
    I was lucky to win this hand, questions are: (I had notes saying villain is Laggy/ tricky)

- my play pre ? better to 3 bet or flat oop keep some worse range in ? I 3 bet to narrow his range and to take control of the hand.

-Flop raise, Its a dry flop judging from my notes villain could raise here as a bluff so ill flat and keep bluffs/worse in.

-Turn, he will continue his bluff so no point shoving. (although I wished I would have as there is enough im ahead of that he can still call with.

- River- im stuck on a wet horriable board with a hand I don't love and im being giving 4-1/ 5-1? odds to call against I guy that my read was his bluffing.

Where did I go wrong?