You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    Yeah its true, I think like that sometimes, if you came with nothing then u got a whole b/r for free so its not the end of the world if u lose it, why did u lose it, poor play or tilt?.  do you have a diary so I can track your progress? True, I do like the game and enjoy watching it aswell on tv and the characters in it, its just it can be such a cruel game on occasions and its hard not too get annoyed.  I no just watch the news if you have a bad day and compare your aces getting cracked with whats happening in the world.
    Posted by robbie1992
    yes I have a diary........it's about 2 or 3 threads below yours, read it.......then you feel good about your game haha
  • edited June 2013
    Back to normal rubbish day.  I got so bored aswell in the session, I played 3 tables of 10 nl for about 2 and half hours and could of fallen asleep.  I wasn't really card dead or on tight tables/ and I no im not tight so not sure what it was.  I tried playing music, changing chairs.  How do you keep focused/motivated when playing long session?

I played average done and bad bluff and a few bad beats, nothing much else happened, although im only listing lost hands I did win a few decent pots aswell.

Don't think my b/r wants to grow.......one step forward 2 steps back sums up my poker.

B/r: £227

day: -21
  • edited June 2013
    I've just read through this thread and would echo the thoughts of others before me - you don't display the mindset of someone who is going to be a winning and successful poker player.

If you're so frustrated with your ability to win at 5p/10p, drop down to 2p/4p for a while to get your confidence back

And above all, it's just poker. Don't get so frustrated about it.
  • edited June 2013
    im not dropping to 4nl, I wouldn't care then because £4 wouldn't bother me weather I won it or lost it.

I won £5.50 at 10nl, decided to quit and play the mini bounty hunter 1 table as I was watching the England game, come 86/457, top 52 was cash.  Played well and got a few bad beats on another day id cash I think so never mind. balance still stands at £227.
  • edited June 2013
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    All_is_one Small blind  75.00 75.00 5064.38
    TKDROB Big blind  150.00 225.00 4427.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

extraman Fold     
    Jason007 Raise  300.00 525.00 2159.38
    robbie1992 Raise  750.00 1275.00 7226.25
    robert1968 Fold     
    All_is_one Fold     
    TKDROB Fold     
    Jason007 Call  450.00 1725.00 1709.38
    Flop

Jason007 All-in  1709.38 3434.38 0.00
    robbie1992 Call  1709.38 5143.76 5516.87
    Jason007 Show
    • K

robbie1992 Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

River

Jason007 Win Flush to the King 5143.76  5143.76
    This was at a crucial stage, abit harsh.
  • edited June 2013
    just looking at a few posts on this page about dropping stakes, imo don`t drop down stakes atm if your roll drops to £160-180 then go play mixture of 4/5/8nl just to build up confidence and build your roll back but until that happens stick with 10nl your game is defo good enough to beat this level.

also you may not care it`s only £4 quid what to do is eliminate this way of thinking of winning or losing £££££`s think of it is how many bi`s won or lost and just focus on winning as many bi`s you can, just a thought though that`s what I do each month.

I got given this advice from a experienced cash game player on this site maybe a year and half ago which helped me personally.

the jj hand that is just a really sick hand but be happy how you played it and you got money in as huge favourite thats all you can do buddy.

gl at the tables
  • edited June 2013

Robbie u r a good player mate.
    your b/roll will grow again i'm sure of it.
    just stay patient.
    don't get to down at losing a session,it will happen every week.
    building a b/roll up is all about the long term growth,and it will be 1 step forward & 2 steps back sometimes.
    then that will change one day to 2 steps forward & 1 step back.

I try and play each session the same,that is playing my best.
    if I lose then I have no regrets either.
    sometimes my standard slips and I have the odd bad session and it can be costly,but I try and learn from it and not make the same mistakes twice.(in my case it's usually due to playing to many tables mixed in with to many hours play),which nearly happened again on sat night,but thankfully I got away with it this time)

also I've just started thinking about my losses in terms of number of buy-ins as liamboi does.(bit of a coincidence there btw..lol)
    losing £28 the other night is bad enough but it is only 2.8 buy-ins,and that is a better way of looking at it,i think.

if you are struggling to play 2-2.5 hrs then something is wrong.
    I can play 7-8 hrs and I still want to carry on.
    I am having the opposite problem to you atm,and am trying to shorten my sessions.  lol
    why not give yourself a target to reach say £500 or something,then you could move back up to nl20.might work.
    just playing day in day out can become very boring,trust me I've done it,so why not take the odd day off and do something else.
    I like to set myself little targets...not to hard or else I won't make it,and I would get fed up with myself.
    once I reach that target then i'll think of another one,like getting to £1000 or something in my case,then I can start playing mastercash tables...see how i'm thinking ahead...all the time.

anyway mate...just a suggestion for you to think about.
    gl anyway
    :)
    dev

• edited June 2013
    stop copying me dev lol!
  • edited June 2013
    stop copying me dev lol!
    Posted by liamboi11
    I only copy the good players mate!!!  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    Ok Robbie

Im not generally one to sugar coat my comments, so here is how I see it.

Firstly, its great you want to become a better player and I have no problem with you being a bit angry that you are not winning yet - that shows hunger inside you, and you can use that.

Now, here are the bits you might not like.

a) you are not very good at poker right now, there are no two ways about that.

b) you need to move to 4nl, look at whats happening to your roll, extrapolate that forward a few weeks, and you get the idea

c) you need to forget about you bankroll, you even need to forget about winning hands. What you need to do is work on making the right decisions every time the action is on you. If you do this enough using good BRM your bankroll will grow.

I suggest taking a few days away from playing and just read read read. Get on the internet and read about how to beat microstakes 6max. There is a shed load of information out there. Read it, then read it again, you know what....read it a third time until it sinks in.

If you can apply this to 4nl you will be back to your starting roll eventually.

So, to recap, imo you will do one of two things.

1) Stay at 10nl, and then dissapear from here within 2 weeks never to be seen again.

2) Educate yourself, move to 4nl, start learning how to crush and become a reg.

I appreciate you probably dont want to hear this, but its how I see it.

All the best whatever you decide.

ccf
  • edited June 2013
    Ok Robbie Im not generally one to sugar coat my comments, so here is how I see it. Firstly, its great you want to become a better player and I have no problem with you being a bit angry that you are not winning yet - that shows hunger inside you, and you can use that. Now, here are the bits you might not like. a) you are not very good at poker right now, there are no two ways about that. b) you need to move to 4nl , look at whats happening to your roll, extrapolate that forward a few weeks, and you get the idea c) you need to forget about you bankroll, you even need to forget about winning hands. What you need to do is work on making the right decisions every time the action is on you. If you do this enough using good BRM your bankroll will grow. I suggest taking a few days away from playing and just read read read. Get on the internet and read about how to beat microstakes 6max. There is a shed load of information out there. Read it, then read it again, you know what....read it a third time until it sinks in. If you can apply this to 4nl you will be back to your starting roll eventually. So, to recap, imo you will do one of two things. 1) Stay at 10nl, and then dissapear from here within 2 weeks never to be seen again. 2) Educate yourself, move to 4nl, start learning how to crush and become a reg. I appreciate you probably dont want to hear this, but its how I see it. All the best whatever you decide. ccf
    Posted by calcalfold
    Hey Calc,

Nice post! But, i don't know if moving to 4nl would be the answer.

For the simple reason that the play at times can be pretty bad/ from bad players to nitty regs.

For Robbie's game he wants to win and enjoy the game. I don't know if he'd get much enoyment out of 4nl.

As to winning, it's been far to small a sample at 10nl to say if it's working out or not at this level.
  • edited June 2013
    Cheers dev and Liam for those comments.

Yeah jj was at a crucial time but oh we'll I can't do no more I'd rather have the jacks and lose making the correct decision rather then the other way round. I think Im not playing awful but just making a huge mistake here and there thats expensive.  Really dev? Your ill if ur playing 9 times all that time and still not satisfied :p just gonna try put in as much as I can for the next 4 days for the promo and see what happens. Aiming for 3x 6/7 hour days and 4x 9 hour days just for the experience.

I appreciate your honesty cal but u can't really have an accurate estimation weather I'm good enough unless u watch my game constantly, dev and Liam do cause I play with them fairly often. And it's true what Larson said I wouldn't get enjoyment from 4nl, poker is a buzz and I don't get that buzz at 4nl, just my view.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Rob,

Hopefully things are now looking a bit more postive.
    If your watching vids on DC then  take a look at "Tolerance"

" If you think that you should win every time you sit down at the tables, Tolerance is a great series to watch to help you understand just how unlikely that is, and to help guide your understanding of what to expect when playing poker." DC outage
  • edited June 2013
    I have to admit, you are quite correct in that I cannot know your ability level. I have not seen you play before.

Although I did make this assumption based on the three hands posted on the previous page, and I feel there is work to be done.

Hope you get the results you are looking for.

:)
  • edited June 2013
    exactly but I only post bad hands mostly so its gonna look terriable.

Okay rancid ill have a look, im currently watching the  +evolution of a micro player, by stheif09, he rabbles on but it has some good contents, only watched 2 episodes so far but watched loads of his stuff and think his prob the best coach on there.

Todays Update !!

Played my longest session today as part of me trying to get somewhere in the current promotion.  Played from 10 35 - 4 35 and took two 5 mins break to let the dog out and get a tea.  Happy with how I played in general, Kept my range strict throughout the whole time and think my hand reading was fairly good today.  My biggest losing hands were poor though I think and I could of done better with them tbh, but I also won a lot of all ins and even reached my highest amount for a 10 nl table (£54 I think ).  I ended up £40 up.....or as liam and dev have made me say 4 Byins up.  Its a start to building my b/r back, even tho that's not massive for 6 hours on 3 tables its a win and ill happily take it.  I was abit surprised it was only that as I felt like for the last 2 hours I was constantly winning all ins.  Im hoping ill feature somewhere on the leaderboard tomorrow and looking to prob play the same amount of time tomorrow.   Proberly wont play no more tonight as wanna feel fresh tomorrow.  Im think of getting up at about 8 and play, will there be enough traffic that early though ??

ILL also post some hands if it doesn't come out in jiberish !
  • edited June 2013
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancerobbie1992 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.53 Bjmaster Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.11 Badbeats22 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £6.90 Cash_Daddy Sit out       Your hole cards 10 A       Badbeats22 Check     daragh1980 Fold     Donttelmum Fold     robbie1992 Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £17.03 Bjmaster Call  £0.45 £1.20 £8.66 Badbeats22 Fold     Flop    4 10 6       robbie1992 Check     Bjmaster Check     Turn    K       robbie1992 Check     Bjmaster Check     River    K       robbie1992 Bet  £1.20 £2.40 £15.83 Bjmaster All-in  £8.66 £11.06 £0.00 robbie1992 Call  £7.46 £18.52 £8.37 robbie1992 Show 10 A    Bjmaster Show 7 K    
  • edited June 2013
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance robbie1992 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £17.53 Bjmaster Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.11 Badbeats22 Big blind   £0.10 £0.25 £6.90 Cash_Daddy Sit out           Your hole cards 10 A       Badbeats22 Check         daragh1980 Fold         Donttelmum Fold         robbie1992 Raise   £0.50 £0.75 £17.03 Bjmaster Call   £0.45 £1.20 £8.66 Badbeats22 Fold         Flop     4 10 6       robbie1992 Check         Bjmaster Check         Turn     K       robbie1992 Check         Bjmaster Check         River     K       robbie1992 Bet   £1.20 £2.40 £15.83 Bjmaster All-in   £8.66 £11.06 £0.00 robbie1992 Call   £7.46 £18.52 £8.37 robbie1992 Show 10 A       Bjmaster Show 7 K      
    Posted by robbie1992
    given table dinamics I don't hate this call.  I called and thought obv he has that your so stupid, but when I thought of his tendencies and the way it was played looked very bluffy.
  • edited June 2013
    Cash_Daddy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £11.08
    male Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.90
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

BWats Call  £0.10 £0.25 £23.92
    elbows7 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £12.22
    TINTIN Raise  £1.20 £1.85 £9.53
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    male Fold     
    BWats Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.80 £3.65 £10.42
    xCall  £1.00 £4.65 £8.53
    Flop

robbie1992 Check     
    xCheck     
    Turn

robbie1992 Bet  £2.33 £6.98 £8.09
    xRaise  £4.66 £11.64 £3.87
    robbie1992 Fold     
    Muck     
    xWin  £8.61  £12.48
    xReturn  £2.33 £0.70 £14.81
    This was my most confussing hand, the player is TAG, and a reg.  He had been 3 betting me often possiable due to me opening a lot on a tight table, I had already had this had and flatted the 3 bet and c/f flop.  I thought a small 4 bet would look strong and make my story make sense if there overcards (which there will be most times and that will mean I have to c/f which is a -ev way of playing this hand) Also I had not 4 bet once.......my plan was to c/shove this flop.  I don't have a clue what he could have looking at it, maybe set of 10's?
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.64
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £13.16
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

SHANXTA Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £10.16
    male Call  £0.30 £0.75 £5.02
    robbie1992 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £12.39
    Call  £1.20 £3.15 £8.57
    TINTIN Fold     
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    SHANXTA Call  £0.90 £4.05 £9.26
    male Fold     
    Flop

• A

SHANXTA Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £2.80 £6.85 £9.59
    Call  £2.80 £9.65 £5.77
    SHANXTA Fold     
    Turn

robbie1992 All-in  £9.59 £19.24 £0.00
    All-in  £5.77 £25.01 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £3.82 £21.19 £3.82
    robbie1992 Show
    • K
    • A

xShow
    • A

River

robbie1992 Win Pair of Aces £19.79  £23.61
    My favourite hand of the whole session, he was a loose fishy opponent and I think I got max value here.  I think he will show up with flush /2 pair sometimes but long term I think this is +ev, I had to force myself to do it and not check here tho lol
  • edited June 2013
    Hand 1 (ATs) - I'd only go 4x when someone has posted but pre is still fine. Why on earth are we not c-betting like the nut best flop for us? As played, fold river.

Hand 2 - 4x good, guess we have to call the 3bet but it's pretty urgh OOP when the villian is TinTin. I just check the turn. As played, easy fold.

Hand 3 - nh
  • edited June 2013
    Oops forgot to put

B/r: 268

Day: +39
  • edited June 2013
    AT

Firstly, wtf?!?!?!?!
    Secondly, Bet the flop

JJ

Bet the flop

AK

Good stuff

As an aside, fold to the nits. When TinTin bets, we fold. Simples
  • edited June 2013
    is a10 really that bad? the opponent was very splashy and I didn't think he would ckeck a King on the turn AND the river, didn't think he was capable of that, and then to shove aswell on river?, I dunno I think its very polarized range and I think im good here against this opponent a majority of the time.  Also someone had posted that's why the raise is bigger

Ahhh was wondering how you knew its tintin, yeah its a horriable hand really.  I think I prefer 4 bet/fold to just a flat call.  I should of lead out I agree but he was cbetin a lot of flop so I think the c/s would of been okay.  What you think his range is, I really not sure.  Is it a fold on the turn ?
  • edited June 2013
    We dont really need to get a good handle on their range, as long as we are understanding that pretty much 99% of the time if somebody is betting £8.66 into a £2.40 pot, you are beat with AT.

The 1% comes from when they are on total complete monkey tilt.

Some players that appear "spashy" are just going to be playing a loose aggro game, this does not mean to say they are going to make horribad plays like betting 4x the pot without a hand thats good most of the time.

As you have found out to your cost, it can be difficult to put them on hands.

Although thinking a bit more, I dont really like villains shove a whole lot either. They have made it clear they have a king or better. I cant see a lot of players calling with a worse hand.

JJ, bet the flop, then again on the turn. From the turn onwards Tintin will generally let you know if your beat.
  • edited June 2013
    exactly it doesn't make sense, checked all streets and now putting them bet into a £2 pot, why would you do that with a king and kill your value? well I don't think 99% of the time its a K, once again you couldn't possiably comment as you don't have a clue what this player tendencies are .....
  • edited June 2013
    Careful, I didnt say 99% of the time its a King, I said 99% of the time you are beat imo.

So thats 44/66/TT/Kx

I agree it doesnt make much sense. Imo neither of your plays make much sense at any point in this hand.

But the simple fact of the matter, and key point, is why would they bluff £8.66 at a £2.40pot? They wouldnt, its totally insane. Is shoving in a King insane? well no, but its far from optimal.

Although, hang on, you called. Maybe it was optimal in this instance.

So you asked why would "he kill all his value" He didnt - you called!

He got maximum value

Funny old game......

"once again you couldn't possiably comment as you don't have a clue what this player tendencies are ....."

Come on, do me a lemon, anybody can see your beat.

Maybe if you checked and he shipped you might be good, but even thats clutching at straws. The fact you showed an interest on the river (a pot sized one at that) and he shoved. Alarm bells, no?

Thats an insta fold and high five the cat moment.
  • edited June 2013
    Careful, I didnt say 99% of the time its a King, I said 99% of the time you are beat imo. So thats 44/66/TT/Kx I agree it doesnt make much sense. Imo neither of your plays make much sense at any point in this hand. But the simple fact of the matter, and key point, is why would they bluff £8.66 at a £2.40pot? They wouldnt, its totally insane. Is shoving in a King insane? well no, but its far from optimal. Although, hang on, you called. Maybe it was optimal in this instance. So you asked why would "he kill all his value" He didnt - you called! He got maximum value Funny old game...... "once again you couldn't possiably comment as you don't have a clue what this player tendencies are ....." Come on, do me a lemon, anybody can see your beat. Maybe if you checked and he shipped you might be good, but even thats clutching at straws. The fact you showed an interest on the river (a pot sized one at that) and he shoved. Alarm bells, no? Thats an insta fold and high five the cat moment.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Wow poker is such an easy game, I needed a smart **** who plays 4nl to tell me how easy it is and now Iv finally it it so now I can't ever make a mistake.... Jog on cal 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Wow poker is such an easy game, I needed a smart **** who plays 4nl to tell me how easy it is and now Iv finally it it so now I can't ever make a mistake.... Jog on cal 
    Posted by robbie1992
    You have your opinion he has his opinion.

If you don't want hands commented on don't post them.

If you disagree, brilliant, but dont start abusing people.

And Calc plays at the 10 nl, have no idea if he still plays 4nl or not. And no matter where he plays, whether its 4nl or 50nl does not make a difference to the fact that people can still give you good feedback on hands.  
  • edited June 2013
    No Larson it's nothing to do with u its my diary i say what i want,why come all the way to my diary just to say unhelpful things in a rude way. So many people give great feedback in a positive way like dev, liamboi, lambert, benc etc and people like him ruin it by being so rude. I wanna improve by learning from better players explaining things to me, not by hm say I'm losing 99% of the time and saying "wtf "..... Who does that comment help?

People like him ruin the good people in forums.
  • edited June 2013
    No Larson it's nothing to do with u its my diary i say what i want,why come all the way to my diary just to say unhelpful things in a rude way. So many people give great feedback in a positive way like dev, liamboi, lambert, benc etc and people like him ruin it by being so rude. I wanna improve by learning from better players explaining things to me, not by hm say I'm losing 99% of the time and saying "wtf "..... Who does that comment help? People like him ruin the good people in forums.
    Posted by robbie1992
    You post on a public forum, people will comment.

I never said anything "unhelpful in a rude way", i told you to stop abusing people.

And no bud, you can't say what you want when you are insulting people.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Wow poker is such an easy game, I needed a smart **** who plays 4nl to tell me how easy it is and now Iv finally it it so now I can't ever make a mistake.... Jog on cal 
    Posted by robbie1992

Grow up mate.  Thats not needed.  He wouldnt be posting on here if he wasn't trying to help.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make you right and visa versa.  Forums like this are where people are able to express their opinions, whether you think they are right or wrong, even if it is on 'your diary'.  You post a hand to be critiqued and aren't happy with the response... why post it then?

If you don't agree with him fair enough, but he's put thought into his argument and the least you could do is respect it.

And yes... it is clear you are beat.  Wondering why you didnt c bet the flop or turn?